General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Still with that? Is the yonkou example not enough?

When an emperor is called ''yonkou'' (四皇 - 4 emperors) it does not mean that that emperor is literally the 4 emperors lmfao. There are 3 others that are also yonkous.

Just as ''Wings'' (両 翼 - Both wings) does not mean that Sanji is literally the two wings. Of course there is another character that is the 'other wing' along with Sanji

Anyway, Stephen didn't get the translation wrong, but it's abstract and out of context.
Yonkou is the name of an organization/group, wings aren't.

You don't say "Usopp is Luffy's crewmates". You say "Usopp is ONE of Luffy's cremates."

Any source of the Japanese editors part, and to what extent are we sure they personally scrutinize Paul's translations for weekly releases? Right now it sounds just completely vague, I doubt we have deep information about how this process exactly works —and still wouldn't negate the reality that other speakers and translators (some official too) didn't understand this sentence in the way Paul did, plus the fact that his translations aren't free of mistakes we can all trace.

Dressrosa wasn't that long ago. I have my doubts Oda is changing the dynamic of Zoro and Sanji being Luffy's wings; it's not like the portrayal of their relationship has really changed since then.
The process was explain in the One Piece Podcast.
The translation are highly scrutinized. Paul can not do what he wants and when sometimes he tried to make puns, he is corrected by the editors. He has to convey as much as possible what Oda wanted to convey in the original text.

The process is long and this why the official translators have the chapters one week before they are published.

Now if you think that you know better than the Japanese editors how the text should be translated, be my guest.

As I said, I have a hard time understanding why we cannot gives this to Sanji. I mean for the first time he has his own special portrayal. I do not think we should take that from him.

The process was explain in the One Piece Podcast.
The translation are highly scrutinized. Paul can not do what he wants and when sometimes he tried to make puns, he is corrected by the editors. He has to convey as much as possible what Oda wanted to convey in the original text.

The process is long and this why the official translators have the chapters one week before they are published.

Now if you think that you know better than the Japanese editors how the text should be translated, be my guest.
And it doesn't got for the official Spanish release?

Because they translated it differently

"Una Alas"

The push to censor the Zoro/Sanji discussions by claiming that "Sanji fans just want Sanji to be Zoro" is hilarious, when the very same people are the one's that write novels about every single interaction Zoro ever had with Luffy, and were literally celebrating and spamming the spoilers thread couple weeks ago when Zoro and Luffy appeared in the same chapter and were still trying to recover :milaugh:

VIZ translation is perfectly fine as a literal translation. We have every single source of japanese speaking fans from the community explaining what was said in japanese and how it's the same thing that was said previously in an SBS, and somehow the fact that this information exists is the fault of Sanji fans :suresure: