Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Just? He says right there that it's a quality likely found in many of those who make names for themselves. Right there. It goes hand in hand with Luffy's Rayleigh, Zoro, saying they'd have found a new captain if he didn't have it. Is Zoro that scared of fodder? No, lol, if you even want to try that, as he also says he doesn't mind mowing through fodder.

Shanks having the destiny of a conqueror is why even if Mihawk started out better, their two positions are incomparable. The government used and is now hunting Mihawk. The Yonko are the pirates they haven't attacked with less than their whole HQ. Including Mihawk.
Primebeard was chased by ships that he ran away from primebeard > current yonko

Just? He says right there that it's a quality likely found in many of those who make names for themselves. Right there. It goes hand in hand with Luffy's Rayleigh, Zoro, saying they'd have found a new captain if he didn't have it. Is Zoro that scared of fodder? No, lol, if you even want to try that, as he also says he doesn't mind mowing through fodder.

Shanks having the destiny of a conqueror is why even if Mihawk started out better, their two positions are incomparable. The government used and is now hunting Mihawk. The Yonko are the pirates they haven't attacked with less than their whole HQ. Including Mihawk.
They sent fodders for shanks and wb bruh

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Shanks is confirmed to have fought Kaido. He also clashed with Whitebeard on panel. When he suggested that he would take everyone on in Marieneford, they backed down because they couldn't afford to take on another monster. Darkness quaking Teach declined his offer to fight as well. He's clearly earned one of the highest bounties by far so questioning his power doesn't make sense.

No one was talking about Dragon so your comment is irrelevant but obviously if the guy has the name recognition to shock the Shichibukai, if Iva has a respectable showing, if he commanded Kuma, and his second in command can wipe the floor with one of Blackbeard's mainstays, he's pretty legit.

List who he's beaten and who trembles at his mention. Anything like Big Mom who makes YCs cry? kaido who scared the shit out of Dofy? Has he ever smashed an admiral like Newgate?

Post the scene where he explicitly says stronger than a Yonko by name or by title. Post a scene where they mention him at Yonko level by name or title.

Mihawk said only a fool didn't know him. That was Vista gaining credibility and keeping it as Mihawk didn't scratch him either.

You point to things that don't correlate to what I say, that's a straw man type of logic. I feel like if you write one piece it would be from Bellamy's perspective because your statements are a gross form of trolling. WSS is a solid title but we are pretty easily led to believe that he hasn't beaten the top four pirates in any competition at the height of their strength.

shanks fans are a different breed. yall are a joke at this point. Mihawk is stronger than shanks whos a swordsman. go cry to oda cos ur favourite is a has been whos not worth mihawks time.

Last edited:
shanks fans are a different breed. yall are a joke at this point. Mihawk is stronger than shanks whos a swordsman. go cry to oda cos ur favourite is a has been whos not worth mihawks time.
Haha, somehow I let myself get trolled quite a bit today. You already know the truth as you don't have feats to point to such as Mihawk stopping an admiral attack. That or you're seriously messed up. Oh well.

Haha, somehow I let myself get trolled quite a bit today. You already know the truth as you don't have feats to point to such as Mihawk stopping an admiral attack. That or you're seriously messed up. Oh well.
Shanks blocked an admirals attack with his sword . Mihawk is the Wss so he’ll be able to easily duplicate that feat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mihawk has a title that he doesn't defend by refusing to fight Shanks twice and not making his way to WB during the war, while Shanks actually clashed with Whitebeard. One got stalled by Vista and didn't inflict damage, the other drove off Kaido. One offered to fight any man on an island full of bigshots, the other is being hunted by generic Marine boats. Until Mihawk actually does something significant it's whatever

Last edited by a moderator:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
@Fn Lucci

Mihawk is the man hailed and introduced as the WSS on multiple occasions over and over again

Moreover, he is appointed as the goal of one of the main characters.

Stephen Paul's translation as well
Zoro: I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!!!!
UNTIL THE DAY I DEFEAT HIM AND BECOME THE STRONGEST,
I. WILL. NOT.
LOSE. AGAIN!!!
Mihawk is a man canonically superior to an Admiral
a man who awaits a day someone will emerge to surpass Shanks, a Yonko, in order to present a challenge to him
a man who is hailed as the rival of a Yonko Shanks, and even superior judging by his title

Someone whose duels WB considers legendary

WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.
The explanation by denden, about the legendary duels between them
Erm, no. Whitebeard explicitly said that he considers Shanks and Mihawk's duels to be legendary, in a conversation where he brought up legends of the previous generation like Garp, Roger and Sengoku.

He says 伝説に語りつぐものは少ない、お前と鷹の目との決闘の日々も俺の耳にまだ新しい - Very few people become legends, but the days you and Hawk-Eyes duelled are still fresh in my ears.
伝説に語りつぐ - being passed down as legend
決闘 - duels
日々 - days
耳にまだ新しい - still new to my ears

Earlier in the conversation, Whitebeard lamented that very few people remember the old era, bringing up Garp and Sengoku as examples. This carries more meaning now that we know that Whitebeard saw both the Rocks and Roger's era and was extremely familiar with other top tiers such as Kaido, Shiki and Xebec. For Whitebeard to say that he still remembers Shanks and Mihawk's duels from 10 years ago is an incredible compliment to both Shanks and Mihawk's abilities.

someone who immediately pops up in Shanks' mind when being asked about his scars
someone who has stated that he as the strongest will await at the top no matter how long it takes Zoro to reach it, years if need be

Mihawk is
"Strongest Swordsman in the World"
Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi - 世界最強の剣士

KENSHI EXPLANATION AND POINTING OUT THE FACT THAT IT ONCE AGAIN REFERS TO THE STRONGEST BY STEPHEN PAUL, THE OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

So kenshi encompasses those who fight/use a sword. And as a kenshi/swordsman they are weaker than the Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi/Strongest Swordsman in the World.
Oda went out of his way to call Cabaji a swordsman, to call Law a swordsman, to call Fujitora a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to state that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality in different sources

If you sincerely think and expect Oda to give one of his most important characters an empty dream and think that after the battle Mihawk's gonna say 'well joke's on you brah I am not actually the strongest swordsman ha ha ha', I am bewildered by that and don't really know what to say.

Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well. Whatever feat swordsmen perform Mihawk can reciprocate at a higher level. Any and all hype a singular or all swordsmen receive in the One Piece manga is hype for Mihawk, who stands atop them all.

@Fn Lucci

Mihawk is the man hailed and introduced as the WSS on multiple occasions over and over again

a man who awaits a day someone will emerge to surpass Shanks, a Yonko, in order to present a challenge to him
a man who is hailed as the rival of a Yonko Shanks, and even superior judging by his title

WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.

someone who immediately pops up in Shanks' mind when being asked about his scars
someone who has stated that he as the strongest will await at the top no matter how long it takes Zoro to reach it, years if need be

Mihawk is

KENSHI EXPLANATION AND POINTING OUT THE FACT THAT IT ONCE AGAIN REFERS TO THE STRONGEST BY STEPHEN PAUL, THE OFFICIAL TRANSLATOR

So kenshi encompasses those who fight/use a sword. And as a kenshi/swordsman they are weaker than the Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi/Strongest Swordsman in the World.
Oda went out of his way to call Cabaji a swordsman, to call Law a swordsman, to call Fujitora a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to state that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality in different sources

If you sincerely think and expect Oda to give one of his most important characters an empty dream and think that after the battle Mihawk's gonna say 'well joke's on you brah I am not actually the strongest swordsman ha ha ha', I am bewildered by that and don't really know what to say.

Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well. Whatever feat swordsmen perform Mihawk can reciprocate at a higher level. Any and all hype a singular or all swordsmen receive in the One Piece manga is hype for Mihawk, who stands atop them all.

@Fn Lucci

Mihawk is

10/10

@Fn Lucci

Mihawk is

Yh but Mihawk still ran away from Vista so where do we go from here:usoprice: