Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
You can go make a thread about Sanji Oden if you want though... because unless you have about actual point to makeep you outta just say nothing
So Oden isn't one to love ladies, been called an pervert, never skip leg day, insightful like Sanji as well smart fighter when he wants to be, and so on. Just saying what is true. You seem to have insecurity despite obvious he is like embodiment of M3. He has zero charactistics like Zoro and your lying if you think so. He only got swordsmanship and that's it. Everything on his character been related to Luffy and Sanji more than Zoro which is facts.
Post automatically merged:

oden is not a simp like Loro
I agree, Loro is trash which is why he has 0 charactistics from him and more like Wuffy and Wanji :cheers:.

So Oden isn't one to love ladies, been called an pervert, never skip leg day, insightful like Sanji as well smart fighter when he wants to be, and so on. Just saying what is true. You seem to have insecurity despite obvious he is like embodiment of M3. He has zero charactistics like Zoro and your lying if you think so. He only got swordsmanship and that's it. Everything on his character been related to Luffy and Sanji more than Zoro which is facts.
Like I said, there's nothing stopping you from making your Oden Sanji thread is there? In this thread you either address yhe points made in the thread or you just don't comment... Get it? Pick a single point made in the thread and then we can discuss it... if you have things unrelated to the thread like Sanji or Luffy or Franky parallels or whatever, this isn't the thread discussing them... there's ZERO reason to not just make a thread for that yourself

Okay

Like I said, there's nothing stopping you from making your Oden Sanji thread is there? In this thread you either address yhe points made in the thread or you just don't comment... Get it? Pick a single point made in the thread and then we can discuss it... if you have things unrelated to the thread like Sanji or Luffy or Franky parallels or whatever, this isn't the thread discussing them... there's ZERO reason to not just make a thread for that yourself

Okay
Don't pay attention to them. They can't even Imagine that Zoro has some parallels with Oden ( 8 or more ), but completely okay with their boy having just one ( and it's doubtful ).

Don't pay attention to them. They can't even Imagine that Zoro has some parallels with Oden ( 8 or more ), but completely okay with their boy having just one ( and it's doubtful ).
Waiting for panel where Zoro has sparkle in his eyes in excitement and smiles a lot as Oden or better yet when did he have feats like Oden when he was younger when he couldn't even beat an young girl being Kuina 2000s. You guys can believe what you want, but it's obvious if he was portray to reflect to the most it's Luffy by far.

Okay
Just saying Zoro only got swordsmanship if you guys want connection. That is it while rest of his character is like Luffy and Sanji more. I am talking about Zoro, just you don't like opinion of the is true on character we seen thus far.

Just saying Zoro only got swordsmanship if you guys want connection. That is it while rest of his character is like Luffy and Sanji more. I am talking about Zoro, just you don't like opinion of the is true on character we seen thus far
Okay can you pick one single point I made at the start of the thread and give a direct response to a single point

That's all. Do you not know how debating works? When you are in a debate and you have two motions, when one guy makes a point, it's not valid to just respond to his point by just restating your motion. Get it? If the motion is like "Women should be allowed to vote" and someone says women have access to higher education and so can make informed decisions about the affairs of the nation, you don't in response to this just restate your motion "women shouldn't be allowed to vote" and say that's a response to an actual point made

So just pick one point you disagree with and we give a direct response to that one point and then we shall start from there

Done. I've given you a quick lesson high school level debate procedure and if you fail to understand even this very simple instruction then I'm just gonna assume you're too dumb to have an actual conversation or you're just trolling

Just saying Zoro only got swordsmanship if you guys want connection. That is it while rest of his character is like Luffy and Sanji more. I am talking about Zoro, just you don't like opinion of the is true on character we seen thus far
Okay can you pick one single point I made at the start of the thread and give a direct response to a single point

That's all. Do you not know how debating works? When you are in a debate and you have two motions, when one guy makes a point, it's not valid to just respond to his point by just restating your motion. Get it? If the motion is like "Women should be allowed to vote" and someone says women have access to higher education and so can make informed decisions about the affairs of the nation, you don't in response to this just restate your motion "women shouldn't be allowed to vote" and say that's a response to an actual point made

So just pick one point you disagree with and we give a direct response to that one point and then we shall start from there

Done. I've given you a quick lesson high school level debate procedure and if you fail to understand even this very simple instruction then I'm just gonna assume you're too dumb to have an actual conversation or you're just trolling

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The most apparent parallels between Oden and Zoro are their strengths as swordsman. Oden is the strongest swordsman the cast of Wano witnessed, so if Zoro is to become the strongest swordsman, he would be compared to Oden to some degree.

His quest in Wano up until now seems more geared towards highlighting what the country has lost rather than a direct tie to Oden.

When we entered Wano, the country lost power and honor. Ashura Douji became disillusioned at the state of the country because he was the only Scabbard, as far as we know, who's been there to see its complete rot in real time. And to him, all the strong and honorable warriors are either imprisoned or dead.

And here comes Zoro who, despite his aloof nature, is a strong and honorable fighter. He embodies the values once found in the country. Wherever he goes, people with deep understanding of what the country was and who inhabited it took notice.

Yasu once led the proudest samurai of the country. He could tell immediately Zoro was a special case. Kawamatsu initially believed Zoro to be a fool who had no right to take Enma until he was that impressed by Zoro's strength display. He'd also be indebted to Zoro for looking after Hiyori in his stead. Hiyori has had to surround herself with the worst scum after separating with Kawamatsu, so it only makes sense she develop respect and trust for him. Momonosuke desires to live up to his father as both a warrior and leader. It's natural he take a shine to Zoro as a role model.

This treatment hasn't been limited to Zoro either, Luffy has had a positive effect on the people of Wano in a similar fashion. He helped restore Hyogoro's spirit, was the one to push Momo to get his act together, and rallied the prisoners of Udon. He's even gained Ashura Douji's attention when he stood up to Kaido.

Can you explain why you need to quote same response twice? Your taking it too serious man if your think this is trolling when it's true. Your showing more insecurities with response like this. If you don't like it, that's on your end. Though it doesn't remove the factor that is canon Oda is doing.

To say Zoro 100% like Oden's character is blatant lie and that is true as they couldn't be more different from their backstories, personalities, interactions with others, etc.. I give due where due deserve in their swordsmanship, but that's only thing you can connect being swordsman, but nothing more. If you don't like it, tough as Oda is pushing Oden to be like another Luffy if it wasn't clear on personality who he reminds us the most.

Also what exactly are you getting at in your bottom sentence? Dude your acting like someone from middle school on the way your trying to troll someone for true opinion. I make it easier for you that I am contributing by saying their swordsmanship are similar, but that's it. Not Zoro-Brainer to overhype fictional character who has clear flaws and clear differences on his being. Learn how to take an opinion and what debate is than trying to be edgelord smart by posting twice the same response and insulting someone cause you can't hold your insecurity level.

They did all to push a Sanji/Ray parallel when they got nothing in common but refused any Oden/Zoro trait.
Sanji and Rayleigh are both blonde, ladies man, can cook, smart fighters, close to their captain to the point they can't sail without them, and have visible talking to each other more than Rayleigh and Zoro who haven't talk much at all. They have more in common than you think and I am still waiting panel evidence Zoro has sparkles in his eyes as same for Oden or has done crazy stuff like latching onto a ship while still sailing and smiling a lot as much as Oden as all that is more Luffy in personality no matter how you try to denied it.

To say Zoro 100% like Oden's character is blatant lie
I never once said this. So I guess instead of picking a single point I made you are making up points I never once said and arguing with yourself about things you yourself have made up I said.

So that's that then. We are done arent we? I gave you clear instructions on how to engage in actual discussion and you have failed miserably. I don't want to say you were too dumb to follow so ill leave this here.

For your sake it's better you just stop replying to this thread

I never once said this. So I guess instead of picking a single point I made you are making up points I never once said and arguing with yourself about things you yourself have made up I said.

So that's that then. We are done arent we? I gave you clear instructions on how to engage in actual discussion and you have failed miserably. I don't want to say you were too dumb to follow so ill leave this here.

For your sake it's better you just stop replying to this thread
You stated he is very like Zoro and telling you he isn't which we debating on. All I said I only see swordsmanship and left my post, but you came back to quote me I am wrong and that they are very alike even to character which I said they aren't.

Again who said I am following anything you have to say when it's clear your trolling than being reasonable on your end. If you don't like opinion, just state it instead thinking someone is in the wrong for stating their opinion. I gave you points and your still acting out about it is all.

I wouldn't continue if you stop quoting me and started this conversation. Please don't act condescending on your posts now man. Your past that point to act like that given how you been acting. You want this to end? Be an adult if you are one and stop posting to me.

You guys claim to be fans of Zoro yet at the same time always shitting of him everytime you bring up this comparison. Zoro is Zoro, Oden is Oden.

Oden:
- meh design
- cooks above dead person
- spamming "I want to open the border of Wano" speech
- fought 1 Top Tier and ended up dead already
- lost his country
- lost his wife
- lost his life

Zoro:
- good design
- respect dead person (when he sitting together with Brook in TB arc). He got angry too when people "laughed" at Yasuie's death
- has various epic speech. Not just repetitive open border crap. For example: "captain's burden is heavy", "nothing happened", "act like a man, Chopper", "you're fired", "captain's goal > my goal", "beast that won't bite", "if Usopp wants to return, he must return with an apology" and many more.
- fought 4 Top Tiers and still alive and healthy (Mihawk, Aokiji, Kizaru, Fujitora)
- doesn't lose anything but his childhood friend.
My points still stand.

No parallel. Lolden is just the failed version of Zoro.

Zoro tried to save his captain in Thriller Bark, not only survived but still standing strong saying "Nothing happened".
Zoro "hummiliated" himself by bowing down to Mihawk to train him, and he came back stronger than before.

Lolden tried to save his scabbards and his country. Failed. Got boiled. Dead.
Lolden hummiliated himself by dancing naked, he came back only dumber than before by being tricked (again) by fake hostage and believed Kaido (again) when he promised survivors would be freed if he endured the 1 hour boiling.