General & Others Zoro vs Sanji is the most forced "rivalry" of all time

Zoro and Sanji has never admitted they were stronger than each other so I don't know where this "Sanji knows Zoro is stronger than him" comes from.

And with their rivalry, you can't omit their strength. Who has the higher bounty or who can hunt better? Strength plays apart of that to determine who is Better. Zoro and Sanji can play off each other but I have never seen either one of them say to the other to take the lead on a situation. If they have, please show me.
Zoro and Sanji also competed against each other to see who defeated the pacifist right after the TS (clear power dispute)

They have always been rivals in strength, since little garden that sacramented it with hunting competition. That's why Oda makes Zoro and Sanji characters of the same level, so that this discussion takes place.

And there's no instance in the manga where rival characters aren't matched in power level, especially those dog-and-cat rivality like Kaido/Big Mom, Dorry/Brogy, Neko/Inu. All balanced in power.
Of course, there will be an idiot mentioning Shanks and Buggy, and will ignore that this conflict was as children, that after Shanks became an adult, this dog and cat conflict never happened again

Now Zoro and Sanji who are facing King and Queen have been portrayed at the same level since their first appearances, all I can see are damage controls and messages from trolls to repair the damage to their buttocks.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Zoro and Sanji has never admitted they were stronger than each other so I don't know where this "Sanji knows Zoro is stronger than him" comes from.

And with their rivalry, you can't omit their strength. Who has the higher bounty or who can hunt better? Strength plays apart of that to determine who is Better. Zoro and Sanji can play off each other but I have never seen either one of them say to the other to take the lead on a situation. If they have, please show me.
I mean...what's the problem?

Whenever Luffy and Zoro are alone, neither plays 2nd fiddle. We recently saw this on the roof and it has happened in Whiskey Peak, Water 7, Fishman Island, Punk Hazard, DR and Wano.

Whenever Zoro and Sanji are alone, neither play 2nd fiddle. We recently saw this against King and Queen and it has happened in Arlong Park, Loguetown, Long Island, Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Return to Sabody, Fishman Island and Wano.

Whenever Luffy and Sanji are alone, neither play 2nd fiddle. We saw this in Skypia against Satori and in WCI against BM.

Whenever all 3 are together, they perform similarly with Luffy usually taking the lead. We saw this in Loguetown, Enies Lobby, Return to Sabody and Fishman Island.

If you use scenes of Zoro and Sanji together to call them equals, same applies to Luffy-Zoro and Luffy-Sanji.

Swordsmanship alone doesn’t effect your physical strength… so douriki not taking it into account is fine. In terms of raw physical strength, there was virtually no difference between jabra and kaku.

Sanji fought king and queen at the same time while zoro was incapacitated…
In Skypiea, Sanji took one of enel’s strongest attacks shown up until that point and still stood for a short time while zoro got incapacitated under enel’s heel… are we gonna use these to put Sanji above Zoro? I don’t think so.
And let’s stop acting like zoro ate hakai. He stopped it for a short amount of time and if it wasn’t for law saving him, there wouldn’t be any remains of him left. Him interacting with the attack for mere moments damn near killed him.

Ahh yes because liking a character with a sword automatically makes you a sword swallower. Find me a single post where I wank Maki from JJK. Calm yourself child.
Swordsmanship is a whole new repertoire of fighting arsenal wtf
this is disingenious smh

Sanji didnt take enels strongest attack lol, he fainted for 20 chapters
zoro got up after 5
up-playing sanji fainting but downplaying hakai lmao
why should i continue to take u srsly

I don't understand how anyone can actually believe that Oda wants us to think Zoro and Sanji are close when Zoro consistently receives better portrayal than any on luffy's 'rivals'.

Zoro used advanced CoC in the same chapter luffy unlocked it. Imagine how many people would jump on the 'Kid > Zoro' bandwagon if Kid was the one that did it, yet when Zoro does it he's still being compared to Sanji lmao.

They're not close anymore. Never will be.

I don't understand how anyone can actually believe that Oda wants us to think Zoro and Sanji are close when Zoro consistently receives better portrayal than any on luffy's 'rivals'.

Zoro used advanced CoC in the same chapter luffy unlocked it. Imagine how many people would jump on the 'Kid > Zoro' bandwagon if Kid was the one that did it, yet when Zoro does it he's still being compared to Sanji lmao.

They're not close anymore. Never will be.
Seriously???? Luffy's rivals are fighting Big Mom. Zoro is fighting Kaido's commanders with Sanji. Seems like Zoro and Sanji are equals or close to each other. If anything, it speaks volumes for Sanji to fight a Calamity with Zoro unlocking CoC. And what is this nonsense about Zoro using advance CoC before Luffy unlocking it himself????

Zoro and Sanji aren't rival in strength per se because their animosity started when they confronted each other on the women issue as Nami seemingly betrayed them.

But, and this is the controversial part, their ethical grudge developed to confrontation at other areas in which they can indeed perform at similar levels; and strength is one of them. It is undeniable that throughout the whole series Oda has portrayed them on a ballpark similar enough for a case of a way closer level than many people even want to consider.

Oda is telling you something when you have them giving their best to beat the other in Little Garden and hunting virtually equal sized dinosaurs in the exact same fashion that sucked Dorry and Brogy into a hundred years fighting draw; when you have Mohji and Cabaji fighting each other just like our two guys, sharing roles of leadership importance to Buggy just like our two guys and literally fighting to a draw; when Moria puts Sanji's shadow inside a weakling yet he's capable of performing at the level of a general and clashes equally with Zoro's zombie; when Kuroobi is Arlong's best man, when Kaku and Jabra are so close, when both argue on who took the Pacifista down, when their current bounties are virtually the same as they face Kaido's strongest subordinates (also close in bounty) as the stars of the stage... None of this would make any sense if they weren't way closer in strength than some try to defend; even the canon concept of the monster trio requires a sufficient closeness for Sanji to be included instead of focusing on a hypothetical monster duo with Luffy and Zoro alone standing out significantly.

It isn't forced, you simply fell for Oda's trap for writting. When shit gets serious and it's time for the actual versus instead of the events filling the plot, Zoro and Sanji have consistently been put in a similar ballpark far from Luffy's. Their role is to be Luffy's commanders and they've performed as such for the whole series; simple as that.

Of course, Zoro is stronger than Sanji. But, and this is the issue, not as much stronger as some believe.

Swordsmanship is a whole new repertoire of fighting arsenal wtf
this is disingenious smh

Sanji didnt take enels strongest attack lol, he fainted for 20 chapters
zoro got up after 5
up-playing sanji fainting but downplaying hakai lmao
why should i continue to take u srsly
So everyone who wields a sword is stronger than everyone who doesn’t by default? I got you loud and clear
Up playing sanji? Downplaying hakai? Where? You bring up a good point, I shouldn’t take you seriously anymore, you’re just a blind fanboy who turns his nose up at the facts.

It has nothing to do with bounty… are we gonna call Goku and Vegeta’s rivalry a gag now because they aren’t enemies anymore? Zoro and Sanji constantly compare themselves to each other. It isn’t a gag, it’s their dynamic.
Vegeta is clear that Goku is his rival and he seeks to surpass him.
Gets frustrated when he can't keep up.

When Zoro grow is linked to sanji? Did he goes a mile beyond to surpass the other ?
Saying yes to this is completely headcanon.

Zoro and sanji moments are gags.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Zoro has no real "rival" in One Piece.
There isn't another character driving him to become stronger by competition like Asta/Yuno.
The only character the fit this for Zoro is Kuina.
Who's dead.
RIP.

The "rivalry" from Zoro/Sanji is more like a bickering bromance. They are not "rivals" in the sense of competing with each other purely strenghwise. They are like siblings trying to outdo each other.

"sanji is worth 1000 men!" Zoro>>>>"THEN I'M WORTH 2000!!!!!"

Sanji gets a 330M bounty. His first reaction? Ask about Zoro's bounty and boasting about surpassing Zoro's 320M.
etc.

But please. Keep the insecurity coming. I love to see these threads. :suresure:

Vegeta is clear that Goku is his rival and he seeks to surpass him.
Gets frustrated when he can't keep up.

When Zoro grow is linked to sanji? Did he goes a mile beyond to surpass the other ?
Saying yes to this is completely headcanon.

Zoro and sanji moments are gags.
Their rivalry isn’t only about strength, they compete over everything.
That’s why they squabbled over who one shot the pacifista
That’s why they squabbled during the Davy back fight, trying to prove to each other that they could do it on their own without each other
That’s why zoro got mad when sanji taunted him about having a lower bounty
It’s why they get mad over the “worth 1000/2000 men” comment. Yes some of these moments are funny and their rivalry has no major implications on the story but it’s clearly more than a gag, it’s real and it’s how they primarily interact. You guys hate when people call luffy and zoro’s fight a gag because of how nami ended it but a rivalry that has been much more prevalent throughout the series somehow is a gag?
Some are reading 1000+ chapters and somehow think Zoro and Sanji are Goku and Vegeta rivals instead of 2 dudes who bicker for having conflicting life views.
:suresure::milaugh:
it isn’t a goku and vegeta rivalry because it’s not just about strength. They aren’t equals in strength but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a rivalry and compete over many things. Why am I even wasting my breath though, y’all will just say “you’re making it about strength and saying they’re equals in power” anyways. The insecurity over zoro’s strength is real and I don’t get it because he’s plenty strong enough but any time Oda portrays them in the same league, y’all start getting all hot and bothered lol. Zoro is STRONGER but sanji isn’t a weakling by comparison and he isn’t astronomically behind, I don’t understand why that’s so hard for fanboys to accept.

Their rivalry isn’t only about strength, they compete over everything.
That’s why they squabbled over who one shot the pacifista
That’s why they squabbled during the Davy back fight, trying to prove to each other that they could do it on their own without each other
That’s why zoro got mad when sanji taunted him about having a lower bounty
It’s why they get mad over the “worth 1000/2000 men” comment. Yes some of these moments are funny and their rivalry has no major implications on the story but it’s clearly more than a gag, it’s real and it’s how they primarily interact. You guys hate when people call luffy and zoro’s fight a gag because of how nami ended it but a rivalry that has been much more prevalent throughout the series somehow is a gag?

it isn’t a goku and vegeta rivalry because it’s not just about strength. They aren’t equals in strength but that doesn’t mean they don’t have a rivalry and compete over many things. Why am I even wasting my breath though, y’all will just say “you’re making it about strength and saying they’re equals in power” anyways. The insecurity over zoro’s strength is real and I don’t get it because he’s plenty strong enough but any time Oda portrays them in the same league, y’all start getting all hot and bothered lol. Zoro is STRONGER but sanji isn’t a weakling by comparison and he isn’t astronomically behind, I don’t understand why that’s so hard for fanboys to accept.
?
The main point is that they don't compete against each other to prove combat superiority but to simply one up each other out of pettiness unlike conventional rivals so keep your rant to yourself.

?
The main point is that they don't compete against each other to prove combat superiority but to simply one up each other out of pettiness unlike conventional rivals so keep your rant to yourself.
Keep the insecurity kid. Y’all will only be happy when people say “zoro neg diff sanji lul” when that’s the biggest load of shit of all time