Will Zoro be the MVP vs Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
He and Killer will eat the leftovers of Luffy Kid and Law

And this topic will yield meme when that arc ends
  • Your first mistake is grouping Zoro with Killer.
  • Your second mistake is ignoring the setup Zoro's character has had in Wano.

This will age terribly.

You're the MVP.
:myman:

Where are the Ryuma scans from? Are they canon?
Monster, and yes it's canon.

.I just really don't see how he can outshine Luffy.
Slaying Kaido thus cementing his legacy as the Second Ryuma.

Did you phrase it vs kaido on purpose since you think the others are gonna fight Big Mom?
Nah, I had interactions like this:
Cinera: "Zoro and Luffy will deal the supermajority of damage in the Kaido fight. If they fight Kaido, Kidd and Killer combined deal less damage than Zoro".
@Trafalgar_D_Law: "that's just an opinion".
@rerere: "I can't take you seriously when you say that".

I realised that several people think Kidd, Law or Killer would outperform Zoro against Kaido, so I decided to make the case why I thought that was outlandish.

They had to put yasu there to fill the page cause luffys lacking the connections to the people of wano lmfao
Luffy just saw him on a screen for 5 mins odas scraping the barrel.
Both Luffy and Zoro have connected with Wano civilians this arc.

Zoro bonded mainly with Ebisu people while Luffy bonded with prisoners from all over Wano in Udon .

It is weird though that Luffy had the Yasuie flashback,that's not a good sign for anybody outshining him combined with inheriting the burden of Saving Wano from Kinemon.

OT: Zoro should be the runner up in the Kaido fight as Luffy once again would logically take the Mvp title.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
There is absolutely no chance anyone is going to outshine Luffy in the first major battle against An Emperor of the Sea. The amount of time and effort Oda has spent investing in getting Luffy prepared for this fight is crazy. We are talking about years of prep work here beginning the moment Luffy found Momonosuke in that trash heap back on Punk Hazard. The Foreshadowing of Luffy defeating Kaido goes back even further to Thriller Bark and him defeating the Yonko's in general goes even further back, as the original story outline of One Piece was Luffy's quest to defeat the Four Emperors and become Pirate King. This. Is. Decades. In. the. Making.
He has absolute no chance of outshining Luffy. Not only I believe Luffy will be the MVP, but I believe Luffy will ultimately beat Kaido in a 1 on 1
What do you think will come of the whole "monstrous samurai"/"slaying an Eastern Dragon"/"Second Ryuma" plot lines? All 3 of them point to Zoro felling Kaido.
:choppawhat:

with the parallel between Zoro and Kid's partner(Killer)
Killer wasn't portrayed as on par with Zoro. He could match Nitoryu Zoro, but was oneshot the moment Zoro could improvise a third sword. Killer is not at all on Zoro's level.

Oda didnt need to reuse the tired princess trope, because kinemon and momo already begged him to help them beat Kaido back in PH lol. It isnt like Luffy needed convincing at this point
:josad:
- Princess always has a great revelance in the story than the prince like shirahochi and her other brothers Hyori and Zoro interaction wasted a lot of panel times just to make a similar ones with Oden and Toki and then we have enma in relation to someone like Kaido whereas ame habikiri we saw it one time and then bahh .
I'm sad for Luffy his great role is carried by Zoro this time :josad:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Momonosuke inherited Oden's Sword too, and guess who he asked to care take Kaido in his place because he was too small to do so?
Luffys not going to cut kaidos head off like oden wanted
Post automatically merged:

He and Killer will eat the leftovers of Luffy Kid and Law

And this topic will yield meme when that arc ends
Lmfao didnt you say he wouldnt fight kaido. What happened ?

guess it was too much to understand for you. It’s called ignoring your bias and looking at it from the writers perspective and how much zoro means to oda. Don’t get it twisted zoro isn’t no underling he’s there alongside Luffy as his partner and his fellow Wg member. Likewise don’t back out cos you eating them Ls like kidd was doing his whole pathetic life
β€œLooking at it from a writers perspective”, why would Oda build Kidd up throughout Wano as Luffy’s rival and then have him be outshined by Luffy’s underling at the end of the arc? Why would Oda destroy Kidd’s hype in literally the first arc he gets on screen shine in New World? Especially when it’s clear that Kidd will have relevance post Wano. It seems like you’re the one looking at this with a bias. You have this delusion in your head that Zoro is a god and Kidd is just a loser and that’s clouding your thought process.

Luffy, Law and Kid will shine in this fight against Kaido. Law was the one who proposed taking down Kaido with Luffy. Luffy and Kid were captured by Kaido and trained in prison to get stronger to defeat Kaido. This does not take away what Zoro's impact will be but I don't see him outshining the captains.

Zoro will cut Kaido, that for certain, but I am more interested in seeing what damage Kid and Killer will inflict.

Momonosuke inherited Oden's Sword too, and guess who he asked to care take Kaido in his place because he was too small to do so?
who was hyped for Kaido ame no habakiri or enma ?? :josad: did Momo give the sword to Luffy or just got forgotten after it got introduced ? :josad: ame no habakiri a legenday weapon for slaying yamato no orochi are u sure it is reserved for Kaido ? :josad:

J

Jo_Ndule

So it's far from set in stone that Kidd defeats Big Mom:
  • Big Mom is not guaranteed to fall on Wano.
  • Big Mom has a much stronger grievance with Luffy than Kidd.
    • Their beef goes back all the way to Fishman Island when Luffy declared he couldn't leave it under her jurisdiction.
    • Luffy stole Jimbe from her.
    • Luffy ruined her tea party, defeated two of her commanders and humiliated her before the entire world.
    • Luffy declared that he would defeat her.
    • In Chapter 1000, it was Luffy Big Mom was most concerned with.
  • Kidd himself has a much stronger beef with Kaido.
    • Kaido crashed his meeting, beat him up and threw him in jail
    • Apoo (who betrayed him) has been working for Kaido
    • Orochi (and hence Kaido) is responsible for Killer's predicament
    • Kidd & Killer's preparations were to face Kaido.

Perhaps Kidd and Killer are responsible for defeating Big Mom, but that is not only far from guaranteed, it's not even a particularly probable outcome given what we know so far.

• Law had the second most panel time & prominence in DR.
    • Zoro has taken that role in Wano.
  • DR was very much Law's character arc.
    • Wano has taken the role of Zoro's character arc.

Wano is not to Kidd what DR was to Law, the person that takes that role is Zoro.
Zoro didn't even get flashbacks of his own or origins if this was really his arc
Law had flashbacks in DR
Sanji had it in WCI

If this was Zoro's arc, he will be the one carrying the burden of wano people...like how Sanji carries the burden of BMP, Citizens and alliance by making the cake. Like how Law carried Corazoj burden.

He would have had his origins fleshed out like how Law and Sanji had during their arcs.

So no, Wano isn't about Zoro
It's about SN trio beating Kaido just like DR was about SN duo beating Doffy.

So it's far from set in stone that Kidd defeats Big Mom:
  • Big Mom is not guaranteed to fall on Wano.
  • Big Mom has a much stronger grievance with Luffy than Kidd.
    • Their beef goes back all the way to Fishman Island when Luffy declared he couldn't leave it under her jurisdiction.
    • Luffy stole Jimbe from her.
    • Luffy ruined her tea party, defeated two of her commanders and humiliated her before the entire world.
    • Luffy declared that he would defeat her.
    • In Chapter 1000, it was Luffy Big Mom was most concerned with.
  • Kidd himself has a much stronger beef with Kaido.
    • Kaido crashed his meeting, beat him up and threw him in jail
    • Apoo (who betrayed him) has been working for Kaido
    • Orochi (and hence Kaido) is responsible for Killer's predicament
    • Kidd & Killer's preparations were to face Kaido.

Perhaps Kidd and Killer are responsible for defeating Big Mom, but that is not only far from guaranteed, it's not even a particularly probable outcome given what we know so far.

• Law had the second most panel time & prominence in DR.
    • Zoro has taken that role in Wano.
  • DR was very much Law's character arc.
    • Wano has taken the role of Zoro's character arc.

Wano is not to Kidd what DR was to Law, the person that takes that role is Zoro.
I’m not saying kidd will take down BM but I also don’t think the five up there will be the only people fighting the emperors.

What do you think will come of the whole "monstrous samurai"/"slaying an Eastern Dragon"/"Second Ryuma" plot lines? All 3 of them point to Zoro felling Kaido.
:choppawhat:

Killer wasn't portrayed as on par with Zoro. He could match Nitoryu Zoro, but was oneshot the moment Zoro could improvise a third sword. Killer is not at all on Zoro's level.
What plotline? Because some editor (not even one of Oda's) wrote about the similarities in a magazine article, it is now supposed to come to fruition in the manga?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž
It’ll be much the same as the structure of Wano has been all along
-Luffy is the main figure. The main story of Wano is not Zoro, it’s Luffy becoming a great pirate.
-Zoro is, however, the second. He has been heavily focused on throughout the arc, more than anyone other than Luffy. We can expect him to be far more important in the resolution of the arc than anyone excpet Luffy, but importance does not necessarily correlate with strength.
-Kid and Law aren’t overly relevant to the story of Wano, but will get moments of focus that parallel them with Luffy. Kid in particular should stand out here so that Oda fulfils at least some of the promise Kid has shown in his time.
-Killer’s sort of an oversight and has already exceeded expectations by getting involved in the fight at all.

Bogard

You can't win
β€Ž
Recall that Zoro is being setup to surpass not match Oden.
Not necessarily, especially in this arc. If you're referring to Zoro's skill to form the black blade, remember that the process of forming a black blade is unknown, but implied by Ryuma's legend that it only happened to him after countless battles, and Zoro doesn't have Enma for long, so not only it's unclear if he would have enough battles with Enma to do it in one fight, but it might happen that he just completes the battle cycle to form the black blade that may have started from the multiple years Oden had been fighting with it

And if you're referring to scarring Kaido or more, remember that Oden could have beaten Kaido on his own if not for the hostage thing. On the other hand, there are multiple people fighting Kaido now, so whatever feat Zoro would accomplish wouldn't be comparable to soloing Kaido(especially since Oden was the one fighting at a number disadvantage) , especially with Oda who is yet to show any difference between current Kaido and Kaido from 20years ago(current Kaido believed the entire Scabbards were nothing compared to Oden, who he believed could still kill him)

Furthermore, in Kaido's mind, killing him > Scarring him > Opening old scar > Wounding him, with Oden having the feat of scarring him and him believing that Oden could actually kill him, so with Kaido thinking the Scabbards can't even open the old scar, it could depend on if Oda simply aims at Zoro simply accomplishing that feat to show his potential or something more(creating a new scar)

And thus for these reasons then, Zoro may not necessarily manage to match let alone surpass Oden this arc. Hell I believe that even for Luffy, it's debatable. Oda could simply use the foreshadow of Zoro with Enma to show Zoro's future potential, that he'd one day surpass Oden, but not necessarily this arc.

By the way, I think you should have given more options to your poll since while I believe Luffy will outshine everyone, I also believe it's debatable with Kid, but will clearly outshine the rest