Future Events Zoro Will be the MVP (or Runner Up) in the Rooftop Fight

Will Zoro be the MVP vs Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jo_Ndule

In short you believe he will the MVp or outshine Kidd ...

Reminder only Kidd and Luffy have personal direct beef with Kaido, they literally lost to him and want to pay him back
Luffy isn't just fighting for Samurais and Oden nor is Kidd fighting for killer and his crew

Zoro will never outshine Luffy...forget it
He will never outshine a conqueror, which underling or where have you seen a strawhat perform better than Luffy in an arc? Better than Doffy? Better than Katakuri?
Only luffy gets that privilege to outshine Law and Kidd, vice versa where kidd and law can outshine Luffy too.

Zoro will only outshine Killer, he's not cutting kaido head or whatever...he's reopening the scar or giving a new one
Thats not better than Kidd and Luffy taking down Kaido.

He might outshine Law if Oda wanna shift Law aside after Wano as Top 4 Worstgen pirates

So you think he is going to defeat both of the Yonko this fight?
Pretty doubtful that Big Mom is going down this arc. She's already showed her true motives by asking about the Road Poneglyph, and she still has her connection to Elbalf that needs to be resloved.

Onigashima is going to land pn the flower capital and kill loads of people. What part of that isnt the ticking time bomb scenario
There is huge issues with this scenario.

1) Kaido can't be KOed over the Flower Capital, as it would still drop the Island on top of it.

2) Onigashima can't be dropped with all the members of the alliance still on top of it, as it will cause casualties on that end.

The only thing we can surmise here, is that Kaido has to willingly put Onigashima down before he is defeated.

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Please not the panel time argument again.:milaugh:Make it stop lol. Some of you Zoro stans are legit mentally challenged. I’m sorry.

Lucky for us oda doesn’t give a flying fuck about ur weird obsession with kidd. what sense would it make to hold the Japanese character of the series back all this time just for kidd to outshine him?? It’s not happening it would reflect bad on him and to his main Japanese readers to much our surprise this arc is mainly catered to with the whole Japanese setting. Get ur head out the clouds kidd ain’t outshining zoro nor is law for the matter.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The only way a scenario like him dying would happen is if Kaido decides to run like a bitch and Zoro cuts him down during his get away lol
lol look at kaidos own words in the top right you never know

but nah i expect luffy and zoro to finish it like they did the dragon before and zoro finish it by taking his head

tbf all the set up has been for luffy AND zoro not luffy OR zoro to finish this
instead of comparing @Bogard and @Fenaker points should be put together and added to all the rest
especially if you re read wano the clear emphasis has been on the 2 of them from the start
both their journeys both shown training for kaido

because of luffy they got the man power
because of zoro the men are armed

both had a moment involving a plague of queens that end with them declaring they are here for kaido

its clear through the arc how its been set up for them both.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
For Zoro i think he will open Kaido's scar at some point, which will help in his defeat.
no, his big shine will be opening the wound. but kid will prob outperform him
Zoro isn't being setup to reopen Kaido's scar, he's been setup to slay him.
The feat the scabbards were incapable of, that only Oden could do was killing Kaido. That's the bar for a "monster samurai" of the likes of Kozuki Oden.

Kaido laments that the samurai can't kill him, belittling the samurai as being too weak to even open his scar:

He comments that he saw the visage of Oden and could have let them kill him, but that they aren't Oden. He then proclaims that there will never again be a samurai of Oden's calibre:

The feat Kaido was ascribing to Oden was killing him, not merely reopening his scar. If Zoro is to be recognised as a Samurai on par with Oden, then he would have the ability to kill Kaido.

Recall that Zoro is being setup to surpass not match Oden. He'll do that which Oden left unfinished (defeat Kaido).

The "Second Ryuma" and dragon slaying foreshadowing further support this.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Pretty doubtful that Big Mom is going down this arc. She's already showed her true motives by asking about the Road Poneglyph, and she still has her connection to Elbalf that needs to be resloved.

There is huge issues with this scenario.

1) Kaido can't be KOed over the Flower Capital, as it would still drop the Island on top of it.

2) Onigashima can't be dropped with all the members of the alliance still on top of it, as it will cause casualties on that end.

The only thing we can surmise here, is that Kaido has to willingly put Onigashima down before he is defeated.
No onigashima will fall

giving most likely momo his big moment to hold it up

Wow.. Well elaborated as usual @Cinera .Thanks for the tag btw.
:cheers:
You pointed out every hints.. And that's lot for just consider it a simple coincidence.
Now i don't know if Oda will really have Zoro outshine Luffy. but you can't deny that Zoro is heavily susceptible to do Kaido dirty at some point , at the very least inflict him a damage that would be pivotal for the rest of the fight but for me Luffy will be the MVP against Kaido, He promised to Sicilian , Kin'emon, Otama, he inherited Ace's will (Oda didn't do that flashback for nothing) and will probably beat Kaido in a 1 vs 1 last man standing .
But in the other hand, Kid is also susceptible to do something similar to what Luffy will achieve, they are portrayed as Rivals, so he will probably be the one to defeat Big Mom, with Killer's help.
I don't think Law would be offensively comparable to Luffy , Zoro and Kid but i feel like he might be the equalizer on both fights.. And that still impressive in my book.

Last edited:
Lucky for us oda doesn’t give a flying fuck about ur weird obsession with kidd. what sense would it make to hold the Japanese character of the series back all this time just for kidd to outshine him?? It’s not happening it would reflect bad on him and to his main Japanese readers to much our surprise this arc is mainly catered to with the whole Japanese setting. Get ur head out the clouds kidd ain’t outshining zoro nor is law for the matter.
I can’t understand what you’re saying. Make sure to keep the same energy at the end of the arc is all I’m gonna say to you. I’ve argued far too much already with you Zoro stans on this topic. Luffy’s underling won’t be outshining Kidd, same way he hasn’t outshined Law for the whole of New World. Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jo_Ndule

I really don't get people who THINK Kidd won't be the major player vs Kaido , won't be involved in shanks downfall.
He has no real beef with Linlin!

He might take down Linlin if Oda wants nothing emperos gone this arc.

But Kidd and Luffy will be the ones left standing in the final round vs Kaido (and linlin) at the end of the arc

Law despite not being Kidd, he played the role of weakening Doffy and took down trebol.

On the rooftop vs Yonko:
Luffy and Kidd will shine the most
Law will be crucial support cast.
Zoro will only have his 2 moments where he might block Linlin slahs or cut Kaido.
Killer doing little damages.

yj

👑YNWA 👑
I can’t understand what your saying. Make sure to keep the same energy at the end of the arc is all I’m gonna say to you. I’ve argued far too much already with you Zoro stans on this topic. Luffy’s underling won’t be outshining Kidd, same way he hasn’t outshined Law for the whole of New World. Get over it.

guess it was too much to understand for you. It’s called ignoring your bias and looking at it from the writers perspective and how much zoro means to oda. Don’t get it twisted zoro isn’t no underling he’s there alongside Luffy as his partner and his fellow Wg member. Likewise don’t back out cos you eating them Ls like kidd was doing his whole pathetic life

- Luffy stans i want to say something if i was u i'm not gonna lie i should be worried after this chapter especially when Kid and killer will take big mom ::josad:

-- you seem happy about Luffy getting a focus in the panels of chapter 1000 and kaido and big mom only focusing on him :myman: but you seem to forget something when Zoro and Luffy have a similar opponent Luffy feats will be used to hype Zoro strength Let's see : :josad:

- Luffy attacked a fish with Gear 2 attack Oda used it to hype Zoro slash of 360 pc that killed a far large fish that ate a another fish that ate the fish that was taken by Luffy :josad:

- Gear 2 Luffy got blocked and poisoned by Hyozou and called him strong while in steroid form he couldn't kill Zoro boredom and couldn't react to his attacks he even left without trying to continue the fight until he tried to attack from behind and got defeated and called a frog in the well:josad:

- Luffy used CoC and got used to hype Zoro in 3 instances :
1- Oda pointing at Zoro having it and if luffy doesn't have it he needs to be remplaced .
2- Zoro aura scared the shit out of that sumo who didn't fear Luffy and fought him head on .
3- Oda teaser about a CoC in chapter 997 causing earth quakes .
:josad:

- Oda used Luffy Gear 2 attack on a weastern dragon who clapped him and afterwards he hyped Zoro who stopped his rampage head on and cut his head while this dragon withstood all of luffy attacks without problems or blood .

- Luffy got clowned by Monet where he broke her wall barely and nearly got defeated whereas Oda hyped Zoro by cutting her without haki and scaring the shit out of her and he even cut her walls easily .

- Luffy attacked Pica golem and barely brook his neck while using grizzly magnum and this scene is used to hype 1080 pc that cleaved through the Golem torso and made Pica bleeding .

- Zoro came to fight Doffy who got saved by an admiral who got shivered and pushed back by a slash under gravity from the weakest sword and uncomfortable position to attack and even had his soldiers calling his name in worry and called his attack dangerous in a similar situation Luffy got clapped and barely pushed him back not to mention Luffy wasn't under gravity.
Oda hyped Zoro by wanting to switch Luffy to fight Fuji and thinking he could do better . :josad:

- Zoro handled sandai / enma that work like a cursed swords like childs and it is a cursed sword meanwhile Luffy the moment he tried to use nidai he got clapped around he even involved others in problems << Tama >> / Kaido problem and he was warned for that by the blacksmith .

- Luffy came to fight Kaido but he got clapped but had Zoro getting lost to save Kaido .:josad:

- Luffy attacked hawkins and didn't do shit while Zoro killed him in the first try and had luffy shocked .

- Luffy and Zoro both of them were off guard talking to kinemon wife .
and Zoro reacted fastly and unshealted his sword and blocked an arrow using his CoO ( ability to hear Batman body mouvements ) despite being off guard and then luffy finally reacted to what is happening .
and this is post WCI Luffy with FS again he was used to hype Zoro:josad:

- Luffy tried to attack Queen in Udon but he humiliated him whereas Zoro scared the shit out of him and cut his weapon :josad:

- Luffy got fainted by Apoo just to get destroyed by Zoro who used hody treatment against him :josad:

- Oda hyped Drake in hybrid form with Gear 4th techniques to hype his strength against a number but the conclusion has Drake shook with Zoro strength despite using his strongest form and even he became a subordinate of him that will take the task below of protecting others .

- Now we have Luffy dealing kaido but Zoro didn't make his action yet and what's surprising is this chapter is called straw hat luffy mirroring chapter 2 and after there is chapter 3 with Zoro entrance and coincidently Zoro just tried to unshealth his sword in this chapter :josad:

i'm crying right now :josad:

- Luffy stans i want to say something if i was u i'm not gonna lie i should be worried after this chapter especially when Kid and killer will take big mom ::josad:

-- you seem happy about Luffy getting a focus in the panels of chapter 1000 and kaido and big mom only focusing on him :myman: but you seem to forget something when Zoro and Luffy have a similar opponent Luffy feats will be used to hype Zoro strength Let's see : :josad:

- Luffy attacked a fish with Gear 2 attack Oda used it to hype Zoro slash of 360 pc that killed a far large fish that ate a another fish that ate the fish that was taken by Luffy :josad:

- Gear 2 Luffy got blocked and poisoned by Hyozou and called him strong while in steroid form he couldn't kill Zoro boredom and couldn't react to his attacks he even left without trying to continue the fight until he tried to attack from behind and got defeated and called a frog in the well:josad:

- Luffy used CoC and got used to hype Zoro in 3 instances :
1- Oda pointing at Zoro having it and if luffy doesn't have it he needs to be remplaced .
2- Zoro aura scared the shit out of that sumo who didn't fear Luffy and fought him head on .
3- Oda teaser about a CoC in chapter 997 causing earth quakes .

- Oda used Luffy Gear 2 attack on a weastern dragon who clapped him and afterwards he hyped Zoro who stopped his rampage head on and cut his head while this dragon withstood all of luffy attacks without problems or blood .

- Luffy got clowned by Monet where he broke her wall barely and nearly got defeated whereas Oda hyped Zoro by cutting her without haki and scaring the shit out of her and he even cut her walls easily .

- Luffy attacked Pica golem and barely brook his neck while using grizzly magnum and this scene is used to hype 1080 pc that cleaved through the Golem torso and made Pica bleeding .

- Zoro came to fight Doffy who got saved by an admiral who got shivered and pushed back by a slash under gravity from the weakest sword and uncomfortable position to attack and even had his soldiers calling his name in worry and called his attack dangerous in a similar situation Luffy got clapped and barely pushed him back not to mention Luffy wasn't under gravity.
Oda hyped Zoro by wanting to switch Luffy to fight Fuji and thinking he could do better . :josad:

- Zoro handled sandai / enma that work like a cursed swords like childs and it is a cursed sword meanwhile Luffy the moment he tried to use nidai he got clapped around he even involved others in problems << Tama >> / Kaido problem and he was warned for that by the blacksmith .

- Luffy came to fight Kaido but he got clapped but had Zoro getting lost to save Kaido .:josad:

- Luffy attacked hawkins and didn't do shit while Zoro killed him in the first try and had luffy shocked .

- Luffy and Zoro both of them were off guard talking to kinemon wife .
and Zoro reacted fastly and unshealted his sword and blocked an arrow using his CoO ( ability to hear Batman body mouvements ) despite being off guard and then luffy finally reacted to what is happening .
and this is post WCI Luffy with FS again he was used to hype Zoro:josad:

- Luffy tried to attack Queen in Udon but he humiliated him whereas Zoro scared the shit out of him and cut his weapon :josad:

- Luffy got fainted by Apoo just to get destroyed by Zoro who used hody treatment against him :josad:

- Oda hyped Drake in hybrid form with Gear 4th techniques to hype his strength against a number but the conclusion has Drake shook with Zoro strength despite using his strongest form and even he became a subordinate of him that will take the task below of protecting others .

- Now we have Luffy dealing kaido but Zoro didn't make his action yet and what's surprising is this chapter is called straw hat luffy mirroring chapter 2 and after there is chapter 3 with Zoro entrance and coincidently Zoro just tried to unshealth his sword in this chapter :josad:

i'm crying right now :josad:
Bro, wth lol

I must have missed the part of the last chapter where Kinemon asked Zoro to put Wano on his back.... You know, Kinemon, one of the men who actually inherited Oden's will the day he died...
so he inherited kinemon will :josad: while Zoro inherited oden sword and is supported by proofs from Kawamatsu and editor commentary
Post automatically merged:

some facts they don't know about :josad:

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I mean, seeing how i think Kidd will end up fighting Big Mom when the final match-ups settle, i would agree with Zoro doing most after Luffy vs Kaido.
Just the Kaido fight? Maybe will outshine Law/Kidd (not Luffy)

If we’re talking Kaido and Big Mom? Doubtful he’ll outshine Law/Kid
These are my exact thoughts. Zoro might be the runner up to Luffy in the Kaido fight. He won’t outshine Luffy, this should be obvious. He won’t be outshining Kidd either because I believe he will be the one credited for taking down Big Mom. This way Zoro gets his big moments against Kaido, while Kidd furthers his hype as a rival, as Oda has been building up since the beginning of Wano.
So it's far from set in stone that Kidd defeats Big Mom:
  • Big Mom is not guaranteed to fall on Wano.
  • Big Mom has a much stronger grievance with Luffy than Kidd.
    • Their beef goes back all the way to Fishman Island when Luffy declared he couldn't leave it under her jurisdiction.
    • Luffy stole Jimbe from her.
    • Luffy ruined her tea party, defeated two of her commanders and humiliated her before the entire world.
    • Luffy declared that he would defeat her.
    • In Chapter 1000, it was Luffy Big Mom was most concerned with.
  • Kidd himself has a much stronger beef with Kaido.
    • Kaido crashed his meeting, beat him up and threw him in jail
    • Apoo (who betrayed him) has been working for Kaido
    • Orochi (and hence Kaido) is responsible for Killer's predicament
    • Kidd & Killer's preparations were to face Kaido.

Perhaps Kidd and Killer are responsible for defeating Big Mom, but that is not only far from guaranteed, it's not even a particularly probable outcome given what we know so far.

he wanted him to be even more significant than Law(who had better showings in PH, Dressrosa), it could also makes sense
  • Law had the second most panel time & prominence in DR.
    • Zoro has taken that role in Wano.
  • DR was very much Law's character arc.
    • Wano has taken the role of Zoro's character arc.

Wano is not to Kidd what DR was to Law, the person that takes that role is Zoro.

guess it was too much to understand for you. It’s called ignoring your bias and looking at it from the writers perspective and how much zoro means to oda. Don’t get it twisted zoro isn’t no underling he’s there alongside Luffy as his partner and his fellow Wg member. Likewise don’t back out cos you eating them Ls like kidd was doing his whole pathetic life
What the fuck? The only Ls Kid took was from Shanks and Kaido lol.