Current Events Zoro Will not be "Defeated" in the Onigashima Raid

Should Zoro be defeated in the Onigashima Raid?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
You forgot this;

And you forgot this;

Since you guys think Akainu > MF Blackbeard because Blackbeard retreated from Akainu. That means Zoro accepted his inferiority in front of Apoo.

It was Apoo > Zoro, or Zoro made a strategical retreat, which one?
Neither are losses.

Its not an L for not being able to breathe underwater.

And the second one he is prioritising kaido over the riff raff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Didn't Zoro already stated that he won't lose a duel to another swordsman in a fight? If that's the case then he wouldn't lose I guess:kayneshrug:The good news is that he would probably get spanked by Kaido since he's not a swordsman:smithnie:So Zoro first defeat might be from Kaido:funky:
Give me the number to you mom or dad so I can tell them to slap you in the ass for talking nonsense in the internet:myman:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Didn't Zoro already stated that he won't lose a duel to another swordsman in a fight? If that's the case then he wouldn't lose I guess:kayneshrug:The good news is that he would probably get spanked by Kaido since he's not a swordsman:smithnie:So Zoro first defeat might be from Kaido:funky:
Of course he won't bud

That's why he undertook not one but two trainings and also never felt in the need to go all out since the TS happened

Using Apoo to try and downplay Zoro is ridiculous. You can see the panel. Who is Zoro carrying? His knocked out captain. He says that they have to reserve their energy for Kaido. In other words, he has his sights set on bigger fish.
Yeah it could be, just like Blackbeard has his sights set on bigger fish (new world territories and being Yonko). But that didn't stop people saying Akainu > MF Blackbeard, that was my point. Also that's admitting that fighting against Apoo for Zoro could be troublesome, which could effect his final fight in the Onigashima, so Apoo is a major opponent for Zoro still.

I brought that up, because Zoro is the guy who is obsessed with not turning his back to his opponent; mihawk fight, then daz bones fight. But in here he does that, and he runs for a bigger role, or because he can't deal with Apoo without taking damages. Zoro is changed after the time skip, thus using pre-time skip arguments for Zoro now are useless. Begging to mihawk and training with him for 2 years has changed Zoro.

If the whole alliance loses or gets destroyed i don't see why zoro would be the only exception.
Tho tbh even if it happens zoro will likely be given an excuse why it doesn't count. Like they didn't use a sword, he wasn't paying attention, he got lost, the attack he got hit with 2 weeks ago somehow still effecting him, ect
So either way hes fine i guess

At this point tho with how much backup the alliance has i cant see them losing lol

S

SinOfGreed

Yeah it could be, just like Blackbeard has his sights set on bigger fish (new world territories and being Yonko). But that didn't stop people saying Akainu > MF Blackbeard, that was my point. Also that's admitting that fighting against Apoo for Zoro could be troublesome, which could effect his final fight in the Onigashima, so Apoo is a major opponent for Zoro still.

I brought that up, because Zoro is the guy who is obsessed with not turning his back to his opponent; mihawk fight, then daz bones fight. But in here he does that, and he runs for a bigger role, or because he can't deal with Apoo without taking damages. Zoro is changed after the time skip, thus using pre-time skip arguments for Zoro now are useless. Begging to mihawk and training with him for 2 years has changed Zoro.
It would be dumb if Zoro left Luffy who was knocked out to try and fight Apoo. It's been stressed since PH that Zoro understands the stakes of the NW more than anyone else. So wanting to save energy to fight Kaido; a literal Yonko and arguably the strongest current character in the whole verse is the right decision.

He hasn't changed. You think if Zoro was fighting King, he'd decide to run away? He'd fight until there was no fighting left to do. Apoo was simply a tricky obstacle that neither Zoro or Luffy had interest fighting with.

HA001

Lmfao whose bb gone to. Its been how long since he ran from akainu ? How many stronger people has he gone to ?
Zoro as we speak is headed toward kaido.

It would be dumb if Zoro left Luffy who was knocked out to try and fight Apoo. It's been stressed since PH that Zoro understands the stakes of the NW more than anyone else. So wanting to save energy to fight Kaido; a literal Yonko and arguably the strongest current character in the whole verse is the right decision.

He hasn't changed. You think if Zoro was fighting King, he'd decide to run away? He'd fight until there was no fighting left to do. Apoo was simply a tricky obstacle that neither Zoro or Luffy had interest fighting with.
First of all Luffy was not knocked out, he returned only two pages later in the same chapter. This is the same Luffy who took damages from Doflamingo, Fujitora and Katakuri, and he was not knocked out and he continued to fight against them. Not unless you believe Apoo's attack power > Doffy's, Fujitora's and Katakuri's attack power, Luffy was going to return against Apoo and he did.

Luffy didn't tell Zoro to escape. Zoro decided that on his own. So stop bringing Luffy into this.

Yes, it could be dumb if Zoro continued to fight, that was my point. But some people don't believe that since they believe Akainu > MF Blackbeard, if you agreed that Blackbeard made a strategical retreat, then I agree too. Zoro made a strategical retreat, if not, then Apoo > Zoro.

Either way, they need to deal with Apoo too, so Zoro is changing his opponents because he believes they need to deal with Apoo later, that's strategical thinking. Do you think Apoo will decide to stop fighting and he will not fight against Luffy and Zoro after sometime? Then what's the difference fighting with Apoo at the beginning or after dealing with strong opponents such as King? He will need to face with Apoo one way or another, so yes, I think Zoro is changed, and he is strategically thinking now, instead of insisting on ''not turning his back to his opponent'' ideology.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Those who wish for Zoro to lose don't know what they are wishing for.
First off, Zoro is not a character who is designed to lose, you have Sanji for that purpose.
Second, based on a guy who loses more than Zoro - Luffy, it took him 3 times to reach his limits before he lost.

Now, a guy who loses less than Luffy, is supposed to lose without hitting his limits even once? Lmao.
Zoro probably wont lose ever again because what would be the purpose of it...
Sabaody archipelago was a loss where everyone should have learned a lesson and also, growth is possible without loss.

S

SinOfGreed

First of all Luffy was not knocked out, he returned only two pages later in the same chapter. This is the same Luffy who took damages from Doflamingo, Fujitora and Katakuri, and he was not knocked out and he continued to fight against them. Not unless you believe Apoo's attack power > Doffy's, Fujitora's and Katakuri's attack power, Luffy was going to return against Apoo and he did.

Luffy didn't tell Zoro to escape. Zoro decided that on his own. So stop bringing Luffy into this.

Yes, it could be dumb if Zoro continued to fight, that was my point. But some people don't believe that since they believe Akainu > MF Blackbeard, if you agreed that Blackbeard made a strategical retreat, then I agree too. Zoro made a strategical retreat, if not then Apoo > Zoro.

Either way, they need to deal with Apoo too, so Zoro is changing his opponents because he believes they need to deal with Apoo later, that's strategical thinking. Do you think Apoo will decide to stop fighting and he will not fight against Luffy and Zoro after sometime? Then what's the difference fighting with Apoo at the beginning or after dealing with strong opponents such as King? He will need to face with Apoo one way or another, so yes, I think Zoro changed, and he is strategically now, instead of insisting on ''not turning his back to his opponent'' ideology.
The panel is there. You can see it. Luffy was knocked out, even if momentarily. Was it dumb that it happened? Yeah. But it still happened. And Luffy can't tell Zoro anything since he was kod.

And what does Blackbeard have to do with this? Idk who's stronger out of Akainu or Blackbeard at MF. They're both top tiers.

HA001

Yes, it could be dumb if Zoro continued to fight, that was my point. But some people don't believe that since they believe Akainu > MF Blackbeard, if you agreed that Blackbeard made a strategical retreat, then I agree too. Zoro made a strategical retreat, if not, then Apoo > Zoro.

Either way, they need to deal with Apoo too, so Zoro is changing his opponents because he believes they need to deal with Apoo later, that's strategical thinking. Do you think Apoo will decide to stop fighting and he will not fight against Luffy and Zoro after sometime? Then what's the difference fighting with Apoo at the beginning or after dealing with strong opponents such as King? He will need to face with Apoo one way or another, so yes, I think Zoro is changed, and he is strategically thinking now, instead of insisting on ''not turning his back to his opponent'' ideology.
No they already decided to hwad toward kaido before apoo attacked.

yj

👑YNWA 👑
Great thread like always. Theres also eos implications zoro needs wins more than ever to look impressive for when he fights mihawk. if by some chance he loses it looks bad on mihawk, luffy and a complete show of disrespect to his dead friend Kuina. Oda respects them enough to not do that. If oda wanted zoro to lose he would’ve handed zoro an L when he fought fujitora. That wasn’t the case. these zoro haters/down players need to stop daydreaming and wake the fuck up. It’s next to impossible zoro losing to a swordsman especially in this raid. Tokis prophecy implied the raid will end in one day no ones getting getting defeated. Not zoro or the alliance

Zoro suffering a major defeat in the upcoming future is inevitable, but the question remains as when it will happen. Now the reason why I say this is inevitable, is because this is the route Oda has always chose to use as the driving force to make Zoro want to become stronger. We first saw this with Mihawk, and then later saw this with Kuma, and then finally saw it with Kizaru. It's always been a common theme to showcase Zoro have a relatively easy time throughout the adventure, before Oda decides to drop the proverbial brick wall into Zoro's path, which causes him to want to become stronger.

Zoro has yet to even come close to that brick wall throughout the New World, and has by far had it the easiest he's ever had throughout the entire series. To me this is showcasing that Oda is gearing him up for a serious rude awakening. He's letting Zoro overconfident and cocky nature which was heavily prevalent in the beginning of the series, rear its ugly face more so now than ever.

With that being said, Oda has only dropped that brick wall in Zoro's face one time in Baratie with Mihawk, and every other time it came at the end of the arc. Zoro has never suffered a defeat at the hands of an opponent, picked himself back up in the same arc, and then rematched the opponent and defeated them.

So the question remains, is what would make Wano different than previous arcs in order for Oda to drop that Brick wall in Zoro's face, mid arc. The answer is simple. Because this is Wano, the Country of Swordsmen. The absolute perfect place for Zoro to train and become stronger, but he'll never do that unless he is given a reason to.

But now there is another issue with this, and that is the fact that Wano seems to be entering into the final stages of the arc, and will be soon approaching it's climax.... Or are we? You have to realize that we are still in the middle of Act 3 of the Wano arc. The act, where in most traditional Kabuki plays, is almost always destined to end in tragedy. The way Oda has set this arc up, has all signs pointing to the raid on Onigashima, ending in utter failure. Even back in the beginning of the arc, we were explicitly given a one month timeline via Hawkins prediction, and yet here we are, only two weeks into Wano. That means we should still have at least two weeks of Wano left.

So what will the Straw Hats and the alliance be doing for those two weeks? The obvious answer would be re-evaluating everything that went wrong, and working on getting themselves stronger in order to prepare for the inevitable rematch with the Beast Mom pirate alliance. And like I said before, Zoro will not push himself to get stronger, unless he suffers a crushing defeat. It's the only way his character progression of wanting to get stronger has been built up over the course of the series.

Now with all that being said, I will say this. If this Onigashima raid is truly meant to be the end game for the Wano arc then ZORO WILL NOT LOSE. BUT, if a major tragedy is meant to happen during act three, and the Straw Hat alliance is meant to suffer an utterly crushing defeat, then Zoro will be ranked among those defeated, and it will drive him to want to become stronger, and it will most likely come at the hands of a strong Samurai (Perhaps Kyoshiro) who teaches him the ways of the Swordsmen of Wano.

HA001

Zoro suffering a major defeat in the upcoming future is inevitable, but the question remains as when it will happen. Now the reason why I say this is inevitable, is because this is the route Oda has always chose to use as the driving force to make Zoro want to become stronger. We first saw this with Mihawk, and then later saw this with Kuma, and then finally saw it with Kizaru. It's always been a common theme to showcase Zoro have a relatively easy time throughout the adventure, before Oda decides to drop the proverbial brick wall into Zoro's path, which causes him to want to become stronger.

Zoro has yet to even come close to that brick wall throughout the New World, and has by far had it the easiest he's ever had throughout the entire series. To me this is showcasing that Oda is gearing him up for a serious rude awakening. He's letting Zoro overconfident and cocky nature which was heavily prevalent in the beginning of the series, rear its ugly face more so now than ever.

With that being said, Oda has only dropped that brick wall in Zoro's face one time in Baratie with Mihawk, and every other time it came at the end of the arc. Zoro has never suffered a defeat at the hands of an opponent, picked himself back up in the same arc, and then rematched the opponent and defeated them.

So the question remains, is what would make Wano different than previous arcs in order for Oda to drop that Brick wall in Zoro's face, mid arc. The answer is simple. Because this is Wano, the Country of Swordsmen. The absolute perfect place for Zoro to train and become stronger, but he'll never do that unless he is given a reason to.

But now there is another issue with this, and that is the fact that Wano seems to be entering into the final stages of the arc, and will be soon approaching it's climax.... Or are we? You have to realize that we are still in the middle of Act 3 of the Wano arc. The act, where in most traditional Kabuki plays, is almost always destined to end in tragedy. The way Oda has set this arc up, has all signs pointing to the raid on Onigashima, ending in utter failure. Even back in the beginning of the arc, we were explicitly given a one month timeline via Hawkins prediction, and yet here we are, only two weeks into Wano. That means we should still have at least two weeks of Wano left.

So what will the Straw Hats and the alliance be doing for those two weeks? The obvious answer would be re-evaluating everything that went wrong, and working on getting themselves stronger in order to prepare for the inevitable rematch with the Beast Mom pirate alliance. And like I said before, Zoro will not push himself to get stronger, unless he suffers a crushing defeat. It's the only way his character progression of wanting to get stronger has been built up over the course of the series.

Now with all that being said, I will say this. If this Onigashima raid is truly meant to be the end game for the Wano arc then ZORO WILL NOT LOSE. BUT, if a major tragedy is meant to happen during act three, and the Straw Hat alliance is meant to suffer an utterly crushing defeat, then Zoro will be ranked among those defeated, and it will drive him to want to become stronger, and it will most likely come at the hands of a strong Samurai (Perhaps Kyoshiro) who teaches him the ways of the Swordsmen of Wano.
He was trained by mihawk for 2 years. Hes already stronger than kyoshiro