Current Events Zoro won't have a All Out One on One Fight in Wano (until Mihawk.)

Z
Both Names and Numbers. I don't even remember who I'm betting with. I was seriously going to delete my account at the end of The year anyway.
Post automatically merged:

if you believe the articles it could only be another five till Mihawk.
with the way corona going around, oda better show zoro going all out THIS arc cuz no guarantee we even gonna be alive. aint nobody got time for 5 years

i wanna see zoro going all out before i die

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Both Names and Numbers. I don't even remember who I'm betting with. I was seriously going to delete my account at the end of The year anyway.

if you believe the articles it could only be another five till Mihawk.
What a cop out. If you deleting your account at the end of the year anyway why you betting.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Zoro is meant to match many other opponents 1v1 before taking on Mihawk

Mihawk is a man capable of taking out Shanks with moderate difficulty judging from his own statement, who is himself a yonko like Kaido

It makes no sense for Zoro not to beat someone not that far Mihawk's caliber 1v1 before confronting him directly

I've said it before and I will say it again, the next time we see Zoro going all out and at Full Power will be against Mihawk.
Oda as overhyped Zoro to the point were he can't be a real character in the arcs anymore.
Look at Dressrosa, as the prefect example. Zoro's clashed twice with Admiral Fujitora, one of the strongest characters in the Series, just being the rank of Admiral gives him a level of power that we saw in Marineford to be far and away above the Vice Admirals, New World Pirates, and even the Commanders of a Yonko's crew. Even Facing one of the Four strongest Pirates in the entire World. With Feats that are World shaking (Literally). And Zoro clashed with one in Dressrosa.
And because of Bad Writing and Plot, Zoro then spent the rest of the Arc either doing nothing or wasting time. His "Fight" was Pica was so one sided that it was just them wasting time until he actually delivered the final blow. and Because the "BirdCage" couldn't go down until Doflamingo was defeated by Luffy, Zoro couldn't try and cut it because plot and because he can't fail at things any more.
This is nothing new for Zoro, actually for multiple arcs there is something holding him back.
(Arlong Park- he was injured and missing two of his swords)
Drum Island- Frozen for the majority of the arc)
(Thriller Bark- Missing a sword for his big solo fight)
Saboady Archipelago- Injured)
There have been many times were Zoro at Full Strength would have been enough to fight the Main villain himself and end the arc, but because Luffy is the One who has too do it, Zoro gets sidelined.
Because Luffy, Law, and Kid are the ones who have to beat Kaido (Especially Luffy) and there are so many other powerful fighters like Marco who might actually be a better match up to him, Zoro is either going to fight King without going All Out or he is going to Fight the entirely of the Mimiawarigumi and the Oniwabanshu all 10 Thousand and Fukurokuju and Hotei, again with out going All Out.
Even with Zoro getting a New Sword in Wano, and getting Stronger, we don't know by how much and are going to have to be told, because we haven't seen him go all out prior to getting it.

Nice thread as always man:cheers:

OT: While I'm not entire disagree of what you're saying but I really wants Zoro to have an all-out 1v1 fight before fighting Mihawk since it's been awhile since we have seen Zoro's true power :endthis:

It doesn't make any sense for Zoro to not fight a strong and reliable opponent 1 vs 1 before Mihawk.

It's like playing MMO game and go to the boss only in groups but then your pals log off just when you realized you need on more material from the boss and you need to try by yourself and you realize that you never actually fought him before.
What he said, i dont get this weird desire from zoro fans to never see him struggle on his way to the top.

It severely devalues his goal imo.

This may be the thread that brings everyone together to say FUCK THAT !
Actually bro, some of the swordbois dont want him to have an extreme diff fight till mihawk, i believe nik is one of them as i remember him cleary saying itll be high diff battles till mihawk.

First, I am not the one who asked you to bet.
My criteria for all out...
Zoro being overwhelmed physically and in technique, being pushed back.
Pulling Asura is the minimum sign of at least using his best from pre-TS.
Showing new stuff he learning in TS training since he showed nothing new so far.

Perhaps opening his eye if it isnt just an injury however not opening it not necessarily means that he wasnt going all out since it wouldnt help anyway against straight forward opponents like Zoans...
Someone actually resisting Asura and forcing him to improve during the fight could be a good sign for all out as well.
I am sure we will know it's an all out if it happens. We knew for Luffy that he went all out in his last 3 fights, easy to tell.
Luffy didnt go all out against cracker tho.

Last edited:
Almost all of the foreshadowing points towards Zoro's main fight in wano not being king or any of the calamities, but rather kaido himself.

Oda isn't using enies lobby style fights this arc. Rather he's doing it thriller bark style.

Zoro will showcase some sort of new technique or ability, allowing him to defeat all of the headliners and possibly even who's who in one shot. This will be as good as it gets as far as zoro having a 1v1 this arc. Then he will go on to tag team kaido with luffy.

alternatively, Zoro will tag team big mom with the other supernova. Technically, big mom, and not king, is the strongest swordsman of wano. I could see Oda doing a thing where Law or brook takes out big mom's homies so that big mom is forced to fight only with napoleon, allowing Zoro to show off his skills.

in any case, I don't think the calamities are nearly as important as many people think.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the next time we see Zoro going all out and at Full Power will be against Mihawk.
Oda as overhyped Zoro to the point were he can't be a real character in the arcs anymore.
Look at Dressrosa, as the prefect example. Zoro's clashed twice with Admiral Fujitora, one of the strongest characters in the Series, just being the rank of Admiral gives him a level of power that we saw in Marineford to be far and away above the Vice Admirals, New World Pirates, and even the Commanders of a Yonko's crew. Even Facing one of the Four strongest Pirates in the entire World. With Feats that are World shaking (Literally). And Zoro clashed with one in Dressrosa.
And because of Bad Writing and Plot, Zoro then spent the rest of the Arc either doing nothing or wasting time. His "Fight" was Pica was so one sided that it was just them wasting time until he actually delivered the final blow. and Because the "BirdCage" couldn't go down until Doflamingo was defeated by Luffy, Zoro couldn't try and cut it because plot and because he can't fail at things any more.
This is nothing new for Zoro, actually for multiple arcs there is something holding him back.
(Arlong Park- he was injured and missing two of his swords)
Drum Island- Frozen for the majority of the arc)
(Thriller Bark- Missing a sword for his big solo fight)
Saboady Archipelago- Injured)
There have been many times were Zoro at Full Strength would have been enough to fight the Main villain himself and end the arc, but because Luffy is the One who has too do it, Zoro gets sidelined.
Because Luffy, Law, and Kid are the ones who have to beat Kaido (Especially Luffy) and there are so many other powerful fighters like Marco who might actually be a better match up to him, Zoro is either going to fight King without going All Out or he is going to Fight the entirely of the Mimiawarigumi and the Oniwabanshu all 10 Thousand and Fukurokuju and Hotei, again with out going All Out.
Even with Zoro getting a New Sword in Wano, and getting Stronger, we don't know by how much and are going to have to be told, because we haven't seen him go all out prior to getting it.
I think the problem here is that you guys don't understand Zoro as a fighter in general

like We agree Luffy and Zoro are the crew members who are more likely to be called "combatants" but you should understand that there's still a difference between the two of them nonetheless.

Luffy as a combatant is the one who is built to be the "Goes all out and surpasses limits" shonen cliché fighter. I mean he's literally BUILT to be that. His power of rubber is built to be the "I will tank everything you give and then dish out 10 times that shit" type of power and fighting style. that's why Luffy is forever built to be the underdog. He must be overcoming some great power and surpassing limits since he's the underdog and that's how his fighrs are built.

Zoro is NOT the underdog. That's not the type of fight Oda creates around Zoro. Zoro is built to be the Skillful tank. he's a tank like Luffy, but he's also an actual skill fighter. The difference is obvious. Luffy tanks damage and gets stronger and wins while Zoro tanks damage to show he's a tank and the damage actually makes him weaker so that he must use skill to win.

The reason why Oda makes sure that Zoro taking damage doesn't give him rage power ups or whatever the fuck and he's most time getting needed when he takes damage, is because Zoro has skills to help him win as well.

Zoro gets roasted by Mr 1 to the point that he abandons trying to use his physical strength to try and cut Mr.1 and resorts to skill which is Haki to beat Mr.1. See Zoro is a skill fighter as well as being a physical monster. And Oda has to show that all the time.

Zoro goes through skypiea dominating everyone with physical strength until he finds ohm who Zoro has to use Skill on top of his physical strength to win.

and this hasn't changed post time skip.

People like saying the Pica fight was a wash but they forget to actually consider the tactics. like for one, Zoro COULD NOT TANK one hit from Pica. its funny how people say Zoro washed pica with Two attacks and fail to notice that Zoro COULD NOT tank a mountain punching him in the face.

You see that. The entire fight was a skill fight on both sides. Each of them were ridiculous monsters of power. Pica was showing around Town level dc with every punch. Zoro is well known to be devastating in Destructive power. BUT NEITHER OF THEM COULD TANK THE OTHER.

Notice that. It was a fight where the two combatants had ridiculous DC to the point that nether of them could afford to get hit even once. And so the fight became entirely about strategy and tactics. It was long and meandering because neither party could afford to do Luffy style brawling where they actually exchange hits. And this is A Zoro fight. its basically physical monsters actually trying to use skill to win instead of shonen back and forth shit.

It even happened recently. Zoro fights killer. And Oda has to remind us that Zoro is a phycial monster by having him tank Killer's hit and overpower him to steal the scythe. AND THEN it comes down to A skill clash with Zoro's onigiri winning because he got three swords then.

Like Zoro has never been built like Luffy to have fights where the primary intent by Oda is to have Luffy surpass limits and win. Zoro is a swordsman so that he can have fights that require sword skills and general tactics to win.

and this is fine. It is fine for Oda to have different intentions for different characters even when the characters are as similar as Luffy and Zoro.

So in the end I agree sort of with your pointing out that Zoro isn't meant to have Luffy style fights. what I don't agree with is that it's a bad thing. It's not. It's how Zoro has always been and intended to be.