Powers & Abilities Zoros and Sanjis Opponents Throughout The Series

I'm glad you mentioned that it was rank and not power level, because jabra/bon clay/absalom were joke characters compared to what Zoro faced with 90% of the fight just being a meme event.

He didn't defeat the priest in skypia either, he teamed up with Luffy who struck the final blow. That priest came very close to killing him in fact and Luffy had to save him, meanwhile Zoro casually solo'd a priest himself.

Zoro and Luffy have a Roger/Rayleigh Shanks/Beckman or Whitebeard/Oden relationship. There is no 'trio' never has been.

I'm glad you mentioned that it was rank and not power level, because jabra/bon clay/absalom were joke characters compared to what Zoro faced with 90% of the fight just being a meme event.

He didn't defeat the priest in skypia either, he teamed up with Luffy who struck the final blow. That priest came very close to killing him in fact and Luffy had to save him, meanwhile Zoro casually solo'd a priest himself.

Zoro and Luffy have a Roger/Rayleigh Shanks/Beckman or Whitebeard/Oden relationship. There is no 'trio' never has been.
Idk i would be freaked if I saw a creepy lion guy with invisible power

So you were wrong and people who said ZKak was wrong. So what are you bragging about
Not bragging about anything but saying "we were all wrong in a sense", while true, totally sends the wrong message if you were to go back in time to 2021 and see how skewed things were towards Zoro and against people who even dared question things like him killing Kaido, or calling Enma a power-up, or the possibility of him fighting King

Or even things which indirectly could be perceived as a downplay like threads saying Onigashima isn't that big

Post automatically merged:

because jabra/bon clay/absalom were joke characters compared to what Zoro faced with 90% of the fight just being a meme event.
Yeah because Kaku definitely was a 100% serious character with no jokes. Lol

Same with Hachi, real serious characters here :suresure:

There is no 'trio' never has been.

Having Sanji and Zoro do the same things every arc would be incredibly boring, and would waste two crew members to be battle fodder. Zoro's role has a much stronger emphasis on fights, but in the big arcs (barring a few exceptions like Dressrosa) both get fights.
Sanji would suck if he was just "Zoro but weaker" which is why he gets big moments not related to combat, usually by outsmarting the enemy. Sanji has consistently gotten big fights, so this trend will continue throughout the most significant arcs.

Having Sanji and Zoro do the same things every arc would be incredibly boring, and would waste two crew members to be battle fodder. Zoro's role has a much stronger emphasis on fights, but in the big arcs (barring a few exceptions like Dressrosa) both get fights.
Sanji would suck if he was just "Zoro but weaker" which is why he gets big moments not related to combat, usually by outsmarting the enemy. Sanji has consistently gotten big fights, so this trend will continue throughout the most significant arcs.
Same thing even happened this arc
If Sanji would’ve gotten a full fight it would’ve been against Kaku but unlike zoro he doesn’t really need as many fights

Sanji can go multiple arcs without a single fight but in major arcs when it matters he’ll always fight the 2nd strongest subordinate after zoro’s

Not bragging about anything but saying "we were all wrong in a sense", while true, totally sends the wrong message if you were to go back in time to 2021 and see how skewed things were towards Zoro and against people who even dared question things like him killing Kaido, or calling Enma a power-up, or the possibility of him fighting King

Or even things which indirectly could be perceived as a downplay like threads saying Onigashima isn't that big

I was here and yes we all was wrong. He didn't kill him but he saw him and Scar him

I was here and yes we all was wrong. He didn't kill him but he saw him and Scar him
What fantastical, ambitious theory were Law fans cooking up and spamming threads about during that time? I can't remember any

What about Kid fans? That he would take down Big Mom like he personally threatened to?

Sanji fans thought what, he was going to fight King? Wow what a reach, they really missed the mark when he ended up fighting his slightly weaker counterpart

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
What fantastical, ambitious theory were Law fans cooking up and spamming threads about during that time? I can't remember any

What about Kid fans? That he would take down Big Mom like he personally threatened to?

Sanji fans thought what, he was going to fight King? Wow what a reach, they really missed the mark when he ended up fighting his slightly weaker counterpart
Kidd was gonna kill kaido with the sword on onigashima

Sanji beat king
When king beats him and queen together

HA001

King defeated Kaido's relative equal Big Mom, Zolo didn't even get to defeat Kaido

King didn't knock him unconscious when he had Queen's help :super:

Kidd didn't defeat anything

He and law moved a nerfed big mom who wasn't allowed to use her strongest power off the island using bombs

That's king not even using 1 percent of what he used vs zoro
He folded Marco 1 vs 1 then negged sanji.

HA001

Sanji didn't try either and went on to mid-diff Queen

He and Queen got folded by Marco in a 2v1 and then got mid-diffed by Zoro once Zoro found out his "hax" has an on-off switch
Sanji was already fighting queen after he took over from chopper who fought queen for half an hour

In that time king solod and folded Marco

King starts the fight with zoro with no damage taken.

With his flame off he's still beating queen and sanji together

Slashing the entire enies lobby building was a big feat at that point in the story, what feats did that pathetic wolf bastard that didnt even managed to get into cp-0 achieved? Oh yeah, nothing, he even went and begged for mercy like a pathetic bitch.

Oda also had to nerf Zoro by almost killing him in order for nami's arc to work, otherwise he would have soloed the entirety of arlong park by himself before Luffy even arrived, even Luffy himself only "struggled" at the beggining because he was acting like a clown, the fight was over instanly the moment he saw nami's room and took it seriously. The only one weak enough to actualy have a high diff fight starting at full health against a fish was Sanjino.

Slashing the entire enies lobby building was a big feat at that point in the story, what feats did that pathetic wolf bastard that didnt even managed to get into cp-0 achieved? Oh yeah, nothing, he even went and begged for mercy like a pathetic bitch.
Alright we're talking about COMIC RELIEF

Who did Oda use for most of the jokes? Oh yeah the fucking goofy square giraffe

Also cool, Kaku was able to slice the building, Jabra had a feat of his own by being able to move and use Tekkai which was a precursor to armament haki

didnt even managed to get into cp-0 achieved
Please stop, you're embarassing yourself. Jabra is apart of CP-0 as we saw recently lol

Oda also had to nerf Zoro by almost killing him in order for nami's arc to work
Using this logic Sanji was also nerfed in Enies Lobby as he got beaten by Khalifa first

Using this logic Sanji was nerfed in Wano by getting bloodied by Black Maria before mid-diffing Queen

Sanji was already fighting queen after he took over from chopper who fought queen for half an hour

In that time king solod and folded Marco
Sanji himself states "fighting them both is rough"

If King was leagues stonger than pre-exoskeleton Sanji, why didn't he put him down when he had Queen by his side?

For reference, Kaido 1-shot G4 Luffy, King with help didn't even make Sanji unconscious

With his flame off he's still beating queen and sanji together
Look bud King is old news, he's probably rotting in Impel Down right now and will continue getting powercrept as more Sanji feats and fights drop

Last edited:
Alright we're talking about COMIC RELIEF

Who did Oda use for most of the jokes? Oh yeah the fucking goofy square giraffe

Also cool, Kaku was able to slice the building, Jabra had a feat of his own by being able to move and use Tekkai which was a precursor to armament haki

Please stop, you're embarassing yourself. Jabra is apart of CP-0 as we saw recently lol

Using this logic Sanji was also nerfed in Enies Lobby as he got beaten by Khalifa first

Using this logic Sanji was nerfed in Wano by getting bloodied by Black Maria before mid-diffing Queen

Sanji himself states "fighting them both is rough"

If King was leagues stonger than pre-exoskeleton Sanji, why didn't he put him down when he had Queen by his side?

For reference, Kaido 1-shot G4 Luffy, King with help didn't even make Sanji unconscious

Look bud King is old news, he's probably rotting in Impel Down right now and will continue getting powercrept as more Sanji feats and fights drop
Are you realy comparing getting beat up by Khalifa in ennies lobby and black maria in wano to getting hit by Mihawk in east blue? LMAO you candies are all pathetic. Oda uses every character for jokes but Sanji's opponents are just used for that since they never get any feats at all, Queen didnt even managed to beat chopper lmao.

Zoro tanked an atack by both yonkos and didnt get uncouncious either, thats an atack that would nerf someone, not getting beat up by Kaido's whore. Soo unless you are shitting on Luffy right now i dont even see why you are bringing up Luffy getting koed by Kaido.

Nami saying it once or twice in 20 years across over a thousand chapters is not evidence that Oda views them this way. Nami says a lot of things, even CHOPPER has been referred to as a monster, more times than Lanji in fact, he has an entire skill called monster.

This is so typical of the Lanji fandom to take a completely minor single instance that appears to agree with their world view and blow it up to some ridiculous extreme. Just like when you thought Lanji had future sight, or that he was going to fight Kizaru, or when you thought Vergo wasn't going to break his leg or any of the other thousands of L's you've taken over the last 2 decades.

If he had the same importance Lanji would have been a supernova, he would have been on that roof fighting Kaido and he would have been trained by someone good over the timeskip instead of being molested for 2 years on Okama island.

Last edited:
We have this notion being propagated a lot that Zoro and Sanji always fight opponents that are relative to each and/or have same institutional rank in every arc and saga where both are present and I think this is not true. And this notion is being used to say that Sanji will beat a Gorosei because Zoro is most likely going to beat Venus. I am finding it very hard to believe that Sanji will be Yonko + (I think Gorosei are Yonko level characters because of being awakened mythical zoans with ACoC and a Supreme Grade Blade in case of Venus) even at EoS. Its true that SHPs will surpass any crew before but for that they need people with ACoC on the crew besides Luffy and Zoro and so far it seems highly unlikely that anyone else will get it. I mean they don't even have a Logia to get Logia awakening and be considered Admiral level.

Of the top of my head I can think of 4 arcs where Sanji and Zoro have fought opponents that have same/relative rank (not same power level).
Hachi and Kurobi in Arlong Park
Daz Bones and Bon Clay in Alabasta
Kaku and Jabra in Enies Lobby
King and Queen in Wano

There are other arcs where Sanji has not fought or these two have only had clashes and not full fights counting arcs after Baratie and excluding the four mentioned above
Whiskey Peak - Zoro fought the 100 bounty and hunters and then Luffy, Sanji did not have a fight
Little Garden - Zoro beat Mr.5 while Luffy defeated Mr.3, Sanji killed the messengers (whatever those animals were)
Skypiea - Don't really remember well, Sanji and Zoro both fought priests but I think Sanji defeated the one with the highest escape rate while Zoro defeated the one with zero escape rate
Thriller Bark - Sanji fought Absalom (higher rank) while Zoro fought Ryuma (lower rank) but the actual fight was against Oars and Moria and then Nothing Happened and no comparison can be made
Fishman Island - Zoro beat Hody (main villain) and Hyozo while Sanji tag teamed Wadatsumi with Jinbe (don't remember much of this shitty arc and what were the ranks)
Punk Hazard - Zoro negged Monet while Sanji broke his shin against Vergo (main or secondary villain, the other was Ceasar)
Dressrosa - Sanji got low diffed by Doffy (main villain) while Zoro defeated the strongest subordinate (Pica)
Zou - Sanji defeated Sheepshead, Zoro was not present
WCI - Sanji defeated Yonji and had clashes but no major fight, Zoro was not present
Egghead (So Far) - Sanji had clash with S-Shark and got negged by Saturn, Kizaru and Venus. Zoro had clash with Kaku, S-Bear, S-Hawk and defeated Lucci

As you can see there are arguments for and against Sanji fighting a Gorosei, we can even include a group fight. However, passing it as something set in stone is illogical. If Sanji had a good showing against either Saturn or Kizaru or Venus then he could be given the benefit of doubt that he will unlock something more and become strong enough to beat an Admiral or even a Gorosei but as of now it seems very unlikely.

@nik87 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Topi Jerami @CbShadow @HA001 @mly90 @Lor D. Coast @Orojackson Refugee @grey matter etc.
What happened to Cruxroux and Monster Zoros Tesla Supplier?
I wouldn't worry about Zoro or Lanji beating the Gorosei, tbh.

I still don't think Lolda has the balls to make Luffy's crew beat any of the Shichibukais, Yonkos, Admirals, and Gorosei. Wano taught me that.