Powers & Abilities Zoros and Sanjis Opponents Throughout The Series

We have this notion being propagated a lot that Zoro and Sanji always fight opponents that are relative to each and/or have same institutional rank in every arc and saga where both are present and I think this is not true. And this notion is being used to say that Sanji will beat a Gorosei because Zoro is most likely going to beat Venus. I am finding it very hard to believe that Sanji will be Yonko + (I think Gorosei are Yonko level characters because of being awakened mythical zoans with ACoC and a Supreme Grade Blade in case of Venus) even at EoS. Its true that SHPs will surpass any crew before but for that they need people with ACoC on the crew besides Luffy and Zoro and so far it seems highly unlikely that anyone else will get it. I mean they don't even have a Logia to get Logia awakening and be considered Admiral level.

Of the top of my head I can think of 4 arcs where Sanji and Zoro have fought opponents that have same/relative rank (not same power level).
Hachi and Kurobi in Arlong Park
Daz Bones and Bon Clay in Alabasta
Kaku and Jabra in Enies Lobby
King and Queen in Wano

There are other arcs where Sanji has not fought or these two have only had clashes and not full fights counting arcs after Baratie and excluding the four mentioned above
Whiskey Peak - Zoro fought the 100 bounty and hunters and then Luffy, Sanji did not have a fight
Little Garden - Zoro beat Mr.5 while Luffy defeated Mr.3, Sanji killed the messengers (whatever those animals were)
Skypiea - Don't really remember well, Sanji and Zoro both fought priests but I think Sanji defeated the one with the highest escape rate while Zoro defeated the one with zero escape rate
Thriller Bark - Sanji fought Absalom (higher rank) while Zoro fought Ryuma (lower rank) but the actual fight was against Oars and Moria and then Nothing Happened and no comparison can be made
Fishman Island - Zoro beat Hody (main villain) and Hyozo while Sanji tag teamed Wadatsumi with Jinbe (don't remember much of this shitty arc and what were the ranks)
Punk Hazard - Zoro negged Monet while Sanji broke his shin against Vergo (main or secondary villain, the other was Ceasar)
Dressrosa - Sanji got low diffed by Doffy (main villain) while Zoro defeated the strongest subordinate (Pica)
Zou - Sanji defeated Sheepshead, Zoro was not present
WCI - Sanji defeated Yonji and had clashes but no major fight, Zoro was not present
Egghead (So Far) - Sanji had clash with S-Shark and got negged by Saturn, Kizaru and Venus. Zoro had clash with Kaku, S-Bear, S-Hawk and defeated Lucci

As you can see there are arguments for and against Sanji fighting a Gorosei, we can even include a group fight. However, passing it as something set in stone is illogical. If Sanji had a good showing against either Saturn or Kizaru or Venus then he could be given the benefit of doubt that he will unlock something more and become strong enough to beat an Admiral or even a Gorosei but as of now it seems very unlikely.

@nik87 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Topi Jerami @CbShadow @HA001 @mly90 @Lor D. Coast @Orojackson Refugee @grey matter etc.
What happened to Cruxroux and Monster Zoros Tesla Supplier?

Every arc when Zoro and Sanji fight the same class of fighter is some multi island saga ending arc.

Arlong park which was the climax of the East blue
Alabasta which climaxed the baroque works saga
Ennies lobby ending the water 7 saga
Wano which was all of past timeskip

These were major important war arcs which the gorosei will probably go down in an arc like that as well

Every arc when Zoro and Sanji fight the same class of fighter is some multi island saga ending arc.

Arlong park which was the climax of the East blue
Alabasta which climaxed the baroque works saga
Ennies lobby ending the water 7 saga
Wano which was all of past timeskip

These were major important war arcs which the gorosei will probably go down in an arc like that as well
Dressrosa

Interesting thread.
Sparks a question in my head.
Why are Zoro fan so insecure about Sanji?
:choppawhat:
It's a forum used for discussion. When you see a 100 stupid takes that try to lift Sanji tiers above his current level, you call it out/discuss it because that's why we are all here - to discuss this manga.
Especially the stupid Sanji takes that are not only tied to his power level but the actual story and future events.
Why are you so insecure that you tried to deflect about someone else being insecure instead of actually responding to the thread?

First step : Sanji won't fight this guy, he's too strong for Sanji
Second step when he does fight him "He's weak, Sanji doesn't deserve his win, Zoro's opponent negs them"
Step 3 : Upscale Zoro's opponent (Pica, King, Kaku and so on)

BTW it's the same reason why we were telling you ZKK won't happen. Oda won't change his formula

Lot of nonsense for the most part. We could make the same list with Zoro opponents vs Law/Luffy for the most part. He’s closer to sanji his peer

We literally had Ztards saying the same brain dead take just last arc, with Sanji vs a YC.

Soon as it became clear it’d happen anyway. Mid rooftop Zoro fans just start trashing the entire YC tier. Only to switch up mid Zoro vs King, to claim “Queen” just trash.

It's a forum used for discussion. When you see a 100 stupid takes that try to lift Sanji tiers above his current level, you call it out/discuss it because that's why we are all here - to discuss this manga.
Especially the stupid Sanji takes that are not only tied to his power level but the actual story and future events.
Why are you so insecure that you tried to deflect about someone else being insecure instead of actually responding to the thread?
Because I believe that Oda is shit at powerscaling.
So for me feats are only in service of the plot, and since meta-narrative has consistently portrayed Sanji as number 3 when the plot thickens, i don't really care about engaging into discussions that are, for the most part, biased and dishonest.
Kaido fought Luffy
King fought Zoro
Queen fought Sanji.
Ranking is enstablished through narrative, and discussing how close they are among them is for me silly, as they are as close ( or far) as Oda needs them to be.
Narratively, they will be as strong they need to be for their dreams to be accomplished.

Also, triggering Zoro boys remains a fun hobby and they almost always fall for it

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
First step : Sanji won't fight this guy, he's too strong for Sanji
Second step when he does fight him "He's weak, Sanji doesn't deserve his win, Zoro's opponent negs them"
Step 3 : Upscale Zoro's opponent (Pica, King, Kaku and so on)

BTW it's the same reason why we were telling you ZKK won't happen. Oda won't change his formula
First step - Sanji will fight this guy coz xyz similarity and because it's potentially zoro's fight like king

Second step - When sanji doesn't fight him then shit on zoro's opponent to bring him down to Sanji's opponent level (Queen) or wank sanji's opponent to match Zoro's opponent

Step 3 - then go around saying sanji is equal to zoro because of wings...

Btw, it's the same reason why we were telling you why sanji won't get CoC in wano. Oda won't change his formula

Examples of dishonesty are, let's isolate Egghead, the following sequence:
  1. Kaku is a genious above Lucci achieving awakening faster than him, Lucci is bad
  2. Zoro is going to fight Kizaru, cp0 are jobbers and Kizaru is a natural enemy for zoro as he is a swordsman
  3. Nusjuro is the strongest and fastest gorosei, Kizaru a jobber and Lucci is above him, even faster than him.
  4. Nusjuro is just a hack that needs his devil fruit to compete with top tiers, and gorosei are ... (we are here)
If you have been on the forum, you have read these takes and you know who changed their mind in this sequence.

First step - Sanji will fight this guy coz xyz similarity and because it's potentially zoro's fight like king
True

Second step - When sanji doesn't fight him then shit on zoro's opponent to bring him down to Sanji's opponent level (Queen) or wank sanji's opponent to match Zoro's opponent
Not wrong but Zoro and Sanji's opponent are always close in portrayal

Step 3 - then go around saying sanji is equal to zoro because of wings...
Nah serious Sanji's fans says he's close to Zoro but not equal and you can't discount wings just because it doesn't suit your opinion
BTW Wings will have a special dedicated mag in not so long

Btw, it's the same reason why we were telling you why sanji won't get CoC in wano. Oda won't change his formula
Which formula does CoC follows ?

I'm neutral I think you are just butthurt by truth
You can still pinpoint where I'm wrong or why Sanji won't defeat a Gorosei EOS if you want
Stop crying

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
True

Not wrong but Zoro and Sanji's opponent are always close in portrayal

Nah serious Sanji's fans says he's close to Zoro but not equal and you can't discount wings just because it doesn't suit your opinion
BTW Wings will have a special dedicated mag in not so long

Which formula does CoC follows ?

I'm neutral I think you are just butthurt by truth
You can still pinpoint where I'm wrong or why Sanji won't defeat a Gorosei EOS if you want
Stop crying
When did I even mention sanji won't fight an elder?

And, you aren't neutral. Stop this BS. No one is. If you were neutral then you would have talked about both zoro and sanji and not just Zoro fans.

And, wings doesn't imply both are equal in strength..one has adcoc..other doesn't.

You literally have some sanji fans saying sanji is stronger than Zoro or is it that you skip their posts?

Oda specifically nerfed Sanji almost everytime to balance things between him and Zolo;

- Sanji got beat up by Kalifa before his Jabra fight
- Sanji got stabbed by Absalom while protecting Nami
- Sanji got beat up by Bon Clay when Bon was pretending to be Nami
- Sanji got beat up by Black Maria first then Alber+Queen together before he fights Queen

Also acting like Zolo wouldn't get low diffed by Doflamingo in the same situation where they fought on the sky, lmao. That was Dof's advantage to fight on the sky. ZKKtards as usual.

And Pica was never called strongest subordinate, Law specifically said its Vergo (had G5 important mission) which Sanji fought again with a huge nerf. Trebol was trusted to protect Sugar, Diamante was protecting Flame Logia. Pica had no important duty, he could be weakest.