Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how Sanji Fans used the double spread of Supernova & Yonko and changed Zoro into Sanji? The epitome of desperation.
They pretend like they are on to something trolling Zoro, talking shit about Zoro all the time but deep inside they are clearly mentally broken and it is a coping mechanism for that.

Talk about being so attached to a fictional character and pushing a bullshit notion for years, only to fall flat on your ass so hard.

Btw its just die hard internet Sanji fan boys who think Sanji and Zoro are rivals, close in strength, equals, what ever other bullshit. I have seen casual fans in real life and they all think Zoro shits on Sanji.

Zoro mid diff Kaku. So your not making sense.
Sure he does. And Sanji mid diffs Jabra after being defeated by Califa; even better, I dare to say Jabra would be a low-diff fight for fresh Sanji! You are completley missing the big picture here, and it's that Oda prefers to give Zoro a 2200 doriki enemy, which he apparently defeats "mid diff" like any other Straw Hat does with their CP9 rival, even though he could easily create a 3800 doriki guy for this so-called "Luffy's equal", "comparable to Luffy" or even "stronger than Luffy" that is wasting his fighting potential.

Sure, I will just follow the reasoning I always follow in this regard:

If Zoro is comparable to Luffy we've all wasted twenty five years of fighting potential with Zoro facing a second-class adversaries; awesome writing there, certainly. Unless, of course, the hierarchy is just like Lucci, Kaku and Jabra, as Oda made it obvious back then, and he will keep feeding this rivalry so the fandom increases its activity (which, again, is of economic interest for his business).

And let's get this right: I do think Zoro is stronger, but I find it highly unlikely that Oda has been working on their rivalry for so long (not only with gags but with actual versus of incredibly close enemies and all kind of hints, like Mohji and Cabaji) only for Zoro to be hugely stronger than Sanji and equal to Luffy. That's just inconsistent and makes zero sense from a writing point of view.

Then you had Oda straight-up comparing Luffy, Zoro and Sanji to Lucci, Kaku and Jabra in the most explicit ranking possible (the only ambiguity actually discussed the power difference between Kaku and Jabra, not Lucci). But certainly "feats" and "portrayal" are relevant here even though the first thing Oda does after timeskip is putting them both in a fighting contest with the Pacifista.

I'm sure Oda wants the community to believe Zoro is miles ahead Sanji and not very close, because that's the narrative he has been reinforcing and not the rivalry that fuels fandom activity to its highest.
You’re still talking about kaku and jabra from 15 years ago instead of all the feats and potrayal since then . You’re stuck in the past dude . Get a grip

That’s from 15 years ago dummy . Get with the times
The times are Zoro and Sanji fighting over who defeated the Pacifista, or Zoro being salty at Luffy praising Sanji's strength, or Zoro still getting supposedly fodder rivals for ten years since timeskip; this in a post-timeskip narrative in which we're yet to have a proper fighting arc with individual versus for the crew. The times in which Oda put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in the tiers of Lucci, Kaku and Jabra are the same as today, he isn't changing such fundamental dynamics.

The times are Zoro and Sanji fighting over who defeated the Pacifista, or Zoro being salty at Luffy praising Sanji's strength, or Zoro still getting supposedly fodder rivals for ten years since timeskip; this in a post-timeskip narrative in which we're still to have a proper fighting arc with individual versus for the crew. The times in which Oda put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in the tiers of Lucci, Kaku and Jabra are the same as today, he isn't changing such fundamental dynamics.
He isn’t changing the fundamental dynamics? That’s why Sanji is worst generation and fighting two yonko on the roof ? That’s why Sanji hasn’t defeated a single person in the new world ? That’s why luffy and zoro trained with two top tiers and Sanji a rev commander? What the hell are you talking about

They pretend like they are on to something trolling Zoro, talking shit about Zoro all the time but deep inside they are clearly mentally broken and it is a coping mechanism for that.

Talk about being so attached to a fictional character and pushing a bullshit notion for years, only to fall flat on your ass so hard.

Btw its just die hard internet Sanji fan boys who think Sanji and Zoro are rivals, close in strength, equals, what ever other bullshit. I have seen casual fans in real life and they all think Zoro shits on Sanji.
Zoro's dream demands him to surpass several high top tiers in power. Sanji's goal is to find some sea where he can find all fish.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
The times are Zoro and Sanji fighting over who defeated the Pacifista, or Zoro being salty at Luffy praising Sanji's strength, or Zoro still getting supposedly fodder rivals for ten years since timeskip; this in a post-timeskip narrative in which we're yet to have a proper fighting arc with individual versus for the crew. The times in which Oda put Luffy, Zoro and Sanji in the tiers of Lucci, Kaku and Jabra are the same as today, he isn't changing such fundamental dynamics.
He literally is. Sanji hasnt had an on screen 1 on 1 victory post time skip. Zoro is literally fighting 2 yonko.
Once again zoro will have feats this arc above anything eos sanji is capable of.
Zoro was always stronger than sanji. The gap has never been bigger than it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.