Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points but we didn't know if luffy was using adv. haki on kaido after red rock or not and did luffy use barrier haki or internal destruction haki with red roc ?
Imo if Luffy used ACoa in G4, the effect will surely much much more damaging compared to Luffy G3-ACoA (red roc). And its almost guaranteed to be Barrier Haki imo, since Kaidou hasnt even enter the hybrid and even more superior forms. When Kaidou goes godmode and swatting everyone else incapacitated or outta the battle field, thats when Luffy enters his own godmode as well. Shonen trope, classic, like vs Doflamingo or Katakuri. But just an even superior version of that.

So long story short imo its barrier since Luffy need internal destruction to beat a more serious Kaidou. Its just that Luffy's barrier haki is so above the scabbards right now so that even Kaidou and BM themselves were shocked.

For real tho, Ryou isn't the sole ability Luffy will debut this fight.

He must have Gear 5/awakening/new form of G4 up his sleeve. G4 is being thrown around too casually.
He deliberately not using barrier haki or internal destruction as well to accompany his G4, or else the effect to Kaidou will be much more tremendous than Red Roc.

He deliberately not using barrier haki or internal destruction as well to accompany his G4, or else the effect to Kaidou will be much more tremendous than Red Roc.
just a case where oda is not being consistent
it was cool to have luffy do that for chapter 1000
but oda always likes luffy to struggle with the main villain
if all his attacks were ryou enhanced and damaging kaido the same way
the struggle factor really isnt there.

he will begin to damage kaido in similar fashion mid battle and we will all wonder why he lost the ryou between red roc and when he does.

To me i think there's a simple explanation, i think the Haki Barrier is not very good against straight up physical attacks that are empowered by Haki, such as Thunder Bagua, but it's best used to block long range attacks created by elements or shockwaves, stuff like that, that aren't very solid and only cause real damage by touching the target, so the Haki barrier just repels it, but a physical attack would break it fairly easy.
Imo its still depends on haki level though, i prefer Luffy being tactical and save his ACoA for a more serious stage of battle, instead of G4+barrier haki being so much inferior than G3+barrier haki in dishing damage. And even more so than the assumption of Luffy going easy. Oda should settle those kinds of matters in his storytelling though imo.

Yeah that's true...tho it really looks like that g3>>g4 atm lmfao

Maybe that he damaged Kaido more than he did with in chap 1000 in this chap
Either G3 has more impact behind the attack(red roc is overall a red hawk version and in combination with ryou it was a overkill) and beeing better then the uppertier attacks of G4 or Kaido was defensless and didn't expect such attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.