How will the Supernovas fare against Hybrid Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Punpun

The gap between Luffy, Zoro and the rest of the Supernova is so damn big.

Based on current showings, Luffy and Zoro absolutely murder Kidd, Law and Killer. Hell, the trio may not even push them to medium difficulty.
You might probably be right that Zoro + Luffy are going to be dealing 80% of the damage to Kaido

Its looking really bad for other SN's, especially Kid with 2 chapters to show nothing.

If they don't have good showing against Hybrid Kaido while Luffy is down and it turns into complete Zoro's show . I think I'll loose all hope for them.

The latest chapters suggest differently. Your knowledge about Zoro's attack potency lacks and I said less enduring than Zoro, not less durable.
Actually they don’t, considering Luffy is the only one (besides maybe Law, with the Gamma Knife) to do any type of real damage to Kaido. Kaido himself has reflected on Luffy’s strength and pictured Rocks, Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks, and Oden because of it. Big Mom has been shocked at Luffy’s strength twice. Meanwhile, reaction to Zoro has come because of Zoro’s sword, in which Kaido has twice now mentioned feeling Oden in the blade, and Big Mom noticed the blade herself, not Zoro. Enduring and durability are pretty much the same. Regardless, Zoro isn’t better than Luffy in either one of them.
The only time Kaido got serious when he used Thunder Bagua which Luffy barely dodged with FS CoO. Not sure what Zoro wankers talking about.
They’re talking about the usual, which is to say, nonsense.
  • Zoro beats Killer and Kidd by himself.
    • I'll make a thread about it when the chapter drops.
  • Zoro has been more impressive than Luffy in the fight so far.
No, he doesn’t. Have fun with your thread, though.

Lol no, he hasn’t been more impressive than Luffy. Not even remotely.

What is his role then? I was one of those who said he was alive because I thought 1) he had unfinished business with Momo/Hyori plus the scabbards and 2) would call CP0 to bring in the Navy.

But now CP0 is here already, so 2) is gone. I'm not sure 1) alone is enough. Oda might have just axed him for good.
Oda is the master of showing us what mostly inconsecuential chatacters are doing after their arcs.
Orochi could be alive just to get a cover story later for all we know, but the point is that Oda keeps just showing his head to try and be like "yeah he's totally dead", which is why a lot of people aren't buying it. There doesn't need to be a big reason for us to believe this, Oda could just bring him back so Kinemon can defeat him again or something lol.

-Killed Ace
-Blew up half of WB's face
-Made a cripple out of Kuzan
-Would have killed Luffy AND Jinbe if not for law (Jinbe "Thank you Law for saving my life")

Laido didn't even scar Luffy with his Lhunder Lagua, the man was up 5 minutes later running rampage in UDON
Didn’t Ace intentionally jump right in front of Akainu’s fist?
WB was at like 10% of his strength when that happened, and he had no CoO.
True, but Aokiji clearly froze off Akainu’s balls in the process since he doesn’t seem to have them anymore since post-TS started.
Pre-TS Luffy isn’t even Moriah level lol, and he wasn’t even unconscious. Failing to kill an unconscious Pacifista level character is an impressive feat now? Jinbe was planning to escape with Luffy by jumping into the bay and swimming away. Unfortunately, Jinbe didn’t notice that Aokiji had frozen the bay until after he already leaped into the plaza, so Jinbe accidentally put himself into a vulnerable position, which is what allowed for Akainu to land a hit on him. Without Aokiji, Akainu doesn’t hit Jinbe and Jinbe escapes

Yeah, Luffy has done more than double the damage Zoro did, but:
  • Zoro rescued Luffy 6 times
  • Rescued all SN once

Luffy has been rescued for half of the attacks he's had directed at him. Zoro performing so well while babysitting Luffy is very impressive IMO.
Thats because Luffy is spamming and doing reckless shit talking about guts and wasting all his Haki in the process. He knows Zoro is here so he just going nuts, amd having Zoro carry his dead weight. While Zoro is countering and picking the best course of action. When Supernovas were caught in the tornado, Zoro saved them. He is like a QB

Actually they don’t, considering Luffy is the only one (besides maybe Law, with the Gamma Knife) to do any type of real damage to Kaido. Kaido himself has reflected on Luffy’s strength and pictured Rocks, Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks, and Oden because of it. Big Mom has been shocked at Luffy’s strength twice. Meanwhile, reaction to Zoro has come because of Zoro’s sword, in which Kaido has twice now mentioned feeling Oden in the blade, and Big Mom noticed the blade herself, not Zoro. Enduring and durability are pretty much the same. Regardless, Zoro isn’t better than Luffy in either one of them.
What are you talking about?

Zoro's AP is better than Luffy's with Hiryuu Kaen, let alone ISDS, and some G4 attacks are also not exceptionally fast in their execution.

If they both relied on fast attacks only for example, Luffy's maximum AP potential would also end up butchered.

Zoro isn't less fast than Boundman and Snakeman is faster but less powerful than Boundman.

Zoro bests Luffy AP wise despite not being slower than him overall and I have yet to introduce any talks regarding Asura.

Oh and G4 lasts too little.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Which is lower than the reactions Luffy's red roc got.

Since you love tiny details, we have
- Kaido and Big Mom shocked by red roc's damage
- Zoro himself questioning the level of Luffy's haki
- Kid surprised by Luffy's haki level and that a punching attack can hurt Kaido
- Killer literally starts believing they could win because of that

Hell just from this, Kaido started to wonder if Luffy could actually match him
undefined
Yes, Red Roc had very impressive portrayal, I don't deny that.
  • Luffy is the MC and Zoro's captain.
    • Oda isn't going to focus as much on reactions to Zoro's attack as he did Luffy.
    • Killer reacting is sufficient for the Supernova.
  • We have both Yonkou's reactions.

- In Zoro's case however, she didn't think Zoro could actually cut him, hence her surprise at Zoro's attack actually cutting Kaido
This makes zero sense. She told Kaido to dodge Hiryuu Kaen. It's not plausible that she thinks Zoro still couldn't harm Kaido after Hiryuu Kaen.

- The reason she didn't comment on Luffy's attacks after the red roc is because she already knew that Luffy's attacks could damage him. The moment red roc damaged Kaido, the surprising moment of Luffy's lvl3 hardening damaging Kaido passed.
  • Nah, we see her shocked during Kong Gatling. So Oda is clearly willing to show her reactions when Luffy does a lot of damage.
  • She already knew Zoro could hurt Kaido after Hiryuu Kaen.

No you're reading it backwards.
- Big Mom went out of her way to save Kaido after Killer's attack and literally stated they underestimated all of them after Zoro's attack failed to land
undefined
  • Zoro's Hiryuu Kaen was the impetus of that statement.
  • Kaido called the other attacks: "tricks" and "vexing".
  • The object of "underestimated" is left ambiguous in the Japanese, and some official translations use "him" (e.g. Spanish Viz).

Given that Kaido only acknowledged Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki as actually successful, but was merely annoyed by Killer's attack, Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki had vastly greater portrayal.

Making Kaido cough up blood for 3 panels solidifies the magnitude of the damage it dealt.

Status
Not open for further replies.