Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a musician the first thing that comes to mind with a revived skeleton, though? Or someone who sprouts extra limbs being an archaeologist vs anything else? Those were powers that Oda gave new benefits to having; Brook used his soul powers in his music, but it wasn't built that way. Same with Robin using her powers creatively to study and explore. To me, any particular power is secondary because whatever it is, Oda would make it work to the advantage of the crew and the story, even if it isn't immediately obvious?
Correct.

However I need to revise & remind about these a lil bit:

- rubber is functioned around physical work, so it's a good supplement for fighter.
- robin isn't just about extra limbs, it's body part. It's an excellent supplement for her spying.
- human human fruit gives intelligence, something that is used well so far, to leard medic.
- soul (as opposed to physical) is the one thing linked to (when we listen to) music.

Long story short, all SH DF supports their role one way or another. Having a T-Rex wouldn't give additional benefits aside pure strength. Whether you like yamato or not, want her to join or not, if we discuss about yamato being an SH, then her df must help her role one way or another.

Let's say, if she's just a combatant, then prob T-Rex would be fine.
If she's gonna be a lookout for example, her df would be hawk or other animal with excellent eyesight.
Then the potential stonemason role, her having byakko would work well since one of it's affinity is metal.

Hi guys...
I think Carrot will join and Vivi will come back...
Yamato is too strong and too high profile...
This way we get 12, a sacred & legendary number...
The reason why Carrot needs to wait until after Wano is because you need everyone to be together before you celebrate a new nakama joining...

Carrot has been together with SH and it feels natural for readers to see them together...

Role? Check
Abilities related to role? Check
Dreams? Check
Is a good guy? Check
Quirk? Check
Fight together with SH? Check
Design / fighting style / role / dream / weapon not conflict with other SH? Check
Flashback? Check
Mentor figure? Check
Losing someone? Check

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Carrot has been together with SH and it feels natural for readers to see them together...

Role? Check
Abilities related to role? Check
Dreams? Check
Is a good guy? Check
Quirk? Check
Fight together with SH? Check
Design / fighting style / role / dream / weapon not conflict with other SH? Check
Flashback? Check
Mentor figure? Check
Losing someone? Check
Role and everything related to it is conjectural and unimportant, dream hasn’t been defined past “wants to travel the world,” literally every named character in One Piece has a noteworthy quirk (or eight), and every other thing is something Yamato also has. Welcome to the forum and all, but this ain’t it.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I for one always think that, if Carrot joining, it's solely because Sunny having a crow nest and someone official must man it. Just like how the steering wheel finally gets it's own helmsman. Ofc, Usopp/Zoro can just be there just fine.
That’s always my defense; not only is lookout nowhere near an essential position (even if it is theoretically useful), we have Usopp and Nami with tremendous vision/CoO/the ability to feel weather patterns and respond accordingly...if Carrot’s best chance to join is as a lookout, then I feel like anyone could fill that position, including someone who has spent years poring over a log book about Oden’s travels and probably knows what to look for on the way to Laugh Tale :luuh:

Yeah, would LOVE to have a crew mate who can only fight once a month over someone who was raised and trained by a Yonko...
This...

Chopper is in weakling trio tier because of his naivety & battle experience, just like Usopp with his cowardice.
Yes, and his best form having side effects (like Carrot)...
You know I like Yamato, but 4th seems too high for a new character for me... This isn't a who's next SH poll so it surprises me... Though I'm glad to see her being loved by worldwide fans more than other "fan service" candidates like Law and Carrot...

Vol 98 gave us Kaido's devil fruit model, Seiryuu.

This might seems nothing, but it indirectly increases the chance of Yamato joining, even if it just a liiiil bit.

Kaido having Seiryuu increases the chance Yamato having Byakko.
Byakko is Neko Neko no Mi, which can complete the devil fruit number theory.

Why Byakko?
- Zou's drawing (Kanjuro summons)
- Yamato's white hair
- Yamato's higher resilience might also stems from Byakko's metal affinity
- Dragon vs Tiger theme
- A mythical "cat", a contrast of BB Pirates' mythical "dog"

In any case, since Tobi Roppo & All Stars have ancient zoan, Kaido and his daughter must have mythical zoan.

However, there's a chance that Yamato might be a Nue mythical fruit too, solely based on her hair color scheme that matches nlue pheasant color scheme. If this is the case, since the Nue from non-canon is a Tori Tori no Mi, Oda can make Yamato's Nue to be Neko Neko no Mi. Still a good hint to complete the devil fruit number theory.

This is why I believe Yamato introduced so late, because Neko Neko no Mi itself is a huge hint for next nakama.
Yamato being a potential Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Byakko user doesn't really affect her chances... You see, if we go to that theory, Kuma should've been the next SH since his DF makes more sense with the number...

Listen, I don’t wanna place outsized importance on a single panel...but Oda could have given us an update/cameo of literally anyone else on Wano (including two other actual Straw Hats in Chopper and Robin), and he decided to show Yamato in action. Can’t help but think there’s some kind of fire attached to all this smoke :perocry:
I believe he's simply showing the people relevant to the crew outside Luffy and Zoro currently busy fighting an opponent... Nothing really affects one's chances of joining...

Vivi is a confirmed former member of the crew along with Carue, and I personally count them as official nakama in my own head...I think that’s there for the possibility that she somehow joins Luffy again, which would actually kick ass:perocry:
Vivi will likely join the crew in the final war...

Yamato is too strong and too high profile...
LOL... "Too strong" is what the crew needs now since they'll be taking on Yonko tier and above groups from now on... Though I think Yamato is just around novice RS Sanji level at best ATM... She's not that strong...

To be fair, CP0 only talks about specific criteria:

- New generation
- Fights (Kaido's) Executive

This is why Carrot and Marco aren't present, the former doesn't fight Kaido's executives, the latter isn't included in the new generation.

So, either CP0 didn't know about Pero, or thinks he's too insignificant to change the outcome of the battle.
Exactly... Yes, neither Marco nor Carrot are or will be part of the "new generation" of pirates...

> Yamato being a potential Neko Neko no Mi, Model: Byakko user doesn't really affect her chances... You see, if we go to that theory, Kuma should've been the next SH since his DF makes more sense with the number...

Neither Kuma nor Kin (both DF name fits the theory) check as many boxes as carrot and yamato. Between the two, yamato can fit 29 theory more, which is beneficial to her chance in joining. It's fine if you don't acknowledge it, since it's just a theory, but the bits/hints are there.

> She's not that strong

Correct. She's just around Jinbe, probably a bit more if she goes hybrid. Since Jinbe is "allowed" / "fine" in joining, Yamato getting in would be alright.

That’s always my defense; not only is lookout nowhere near an essential position (even if it is theoretically useful), we have Usopp and Nami with tremendous vision/CoO/the ability to feel weather patterns and respond accordingly...if Carrot’s best chance to join is as a lookout, then I feel like anyone could fill that position, including someone who has spent years poring over a log book about Oden’s travels and probably knows what to look for on the way to Laugh Tale :luuh:
That was the same argument used against jinbe when people said helmsman was a pointless position.

Status
Not open for further replies.