Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks you didn't read my post lol because clearly I called myself biased.

And yeah I did, but don't delude yourself into thinking it was original to want Jinbe to join. That was a huge theory on AP from Daz (unless you are also Daz) and several others back when Impel Down was a thing, from the moment Luffy saw how "cool" he was, and by the time Fishman Island came around, it was essentially confirmed. And it wasn't unique to just AP. Plenty of people wanted it, it wasn't some random hot take.

Also, Jinbe isn't Carrot so I don't get what that's supposed to insinuate.

And I guess I have to say it again in this thread since people forgot: I have no issues with Carrot. I actually don't mind if she joins or stowaways or whatever. The problem is Carrot has been irrelevant since Whole Cake Island. Her powers have been irrelevant and have been replicated over and over by her species. Her weapon is irrelevant. This was all a choice made by the author. If he wanted to differentiate her more, he would have given her a devil fruit of a far more unique fighting style. I always advocated her getting the Snow Logia, because it was a great theory at the time. It didn't happen. Nothing has so far

Then Oda goes and introduces a far more unique character in Wano, complete with a far stronger fighting style that's not limited to a once a month timer, and with a hinted devil fruit. Yamato has received more character development in 20 chapters than Carrot has received in 200. Yamato also has nearly triple the amount of panel presence in Wano alone than Carrot has gotten.

So if Carrot is supposed to join, Oda is doing a pretty poor job at exemplifying why we should be excited, which is contrary to Jinbe who shows us in 3 arcs why he was amazing and unique.
I think the phrase you meant was, "a pot calling the kettle black". If you're calling a spade a spade, you're not generally including yourself. So forgive me for being confused.

And what I'm insinuating is that yeah, I'm biased and I like it that way, and I have no regrets about being so biased toward Jinbe. I do try to keep an open mind and argue in good faith, but I believe what I believe, and not just because everyone else is doing it. I pride myself on jumping onto Jinbe's bandwagon as early as chapter 577 and doing my darnedest to argue for him in the 10 years since, despite all the disbelief that was there; it sure didn't seem like "everyone" was in on it from where I was standing. And if you want to sniff your nose at that and say it wasn't Impel Down, then go right ahead.

It's exactly that pride that's making me stick with Carrot despite the exact same disbelief I experience for Jinbe. And it's not blind pride either; she's been with the crew, she still has a job to do, and the arc is long from over. I'm just glad I can be so clearly and freely biased about something as objectively unimportant as who joins the crew, and I'll concede when Oda gives me a darn good reason to.

All that said, no, it doesn't matter what power Yamato has. T-Rex, tiger, he's still not joining.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah this theory floats around for a long time.

But the thing is. Do we know how Kuma's teleportation stuff works?

Does he need to have a memory of that place beforehand or something like that?
Kuma was a member of the revolutionaries so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did indeed know of some places in the New World.

I also don’t think Kuma is completely gone. I think it’s certainly possible that his memories came back for an instant so he could use his powers on Sabo and Vivi.

Last edited:
Kuma was a member of the revolutionaries so I wouldn’t se surprised if he did indeed know of some places in the New World.

I also don’t think Kuma is completely gone. I think it’s certainly possible that his memories came back for an instant so he could use his powers on Sabo and Vivi.
As cool as that would be I think Kuma is pretty much completely gone now, I mean he was losing it during Marineford, I feel like the Sabody moment with Franky was the last of the real Kuma. If he can still slip in and between back to his old self when it really counts it kinda makes his last mission and moment a bit less impactful
Post automatically merged:

The only thing I'm afraid about Vivi is that she might be some sort of key to the Pluton.

Let's be honest. Imu wouldn't have her picture if she was only a princess he just wanted to pick on.
Yeah but then what about Blackbeard and Luffy?

I think the phrase you meant was, "a pot calling the kettle black". If you're calling a spade a spade, you're not generally including yourself. So forgive me for being confused.
Ok then thanks, "Right back at you", simpler.

All that said, no, it doesn't matter what power Yamato has. T-Rex, tiger, he's still not joining.
Lol. Ok "prophet"

As cool as that would be I think Kuma is pretty much completely gone now, I mean he was losing it during Marineford, I feel like the Sabody moment with Franky was the last of the real Kuma. If he can still slip in and between back to his old self when it really counts it kinda makes his last mission and moment a bit less impactful
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but then what about Blackbeard and Luffy?
I mean you never know. It’s certainly possible that Sabo or Bonny trying to get through to him could have triggered at least a momentary regaining of self awareness.

I'm also on the train that the Reverie is how Vivi joins the SHs again. My headcannon follows:

Sabo freed Kuma > Tech dude re-programmed him > Sabo saw the WG target Alabasta King and Vivi > King dies but Sabo saved Vivi > They talk in private and he ask anyone she trust and she says Luffy > Sabo is shocked but gives her his Luffy vivre card > Stays behind to make sure she get's free along with Kuma > Sabo get's captured and sent to Impel Down >Vivi and Kuma are on their way to find Luffy (not sure if you count Kuma as a person but this adds to the whole SHs numbering) > Sabo is in Impel Down and sets up our honorable nakama Bon Clay to free him and possibly join the Revolutionary Army if he hasn't from Ivankov.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Kuma was a member of the revolutionaries so I wouldn’t be surprised if he did indeed know of some places in the New World.

Here’s some shameless self-promotion about this subject, I think Kuma’s gonna be instrumental in saving Sabo and the others so he might as well help Vivi :kayneshrug:

I mean you never know. It’s certainly possible that Sabo or Bonny trying to get through to him could have triggered at least a momentary regaining of self awareness.
Seems too convenient and easy if I’m honest, I’m down for Jewelry having some part in assisting the escape but just the Vegapunk modifications seems set in stone. I don’t think there’s any of the old Kuma left in there at this point. We wouldn’t have so much focus on that whole plot point if it could be countered so easy even if it’s just momentarily, I’m not gonna throw out the possibility though, with Oda anything is possible haha

Seems too convenient and easy if I’m honest, I’m down for Jewelry having some part in assisting the escape but just the Vegapunk modifications seems set in stone. I don’t think there’s any of the old Kuma left in there at this point. We wouldn’t have so much focus on that whole plot point if it could be countered so easy even if it’s just momentarily, I’m not gonna throw out the possibility though, with Oda anything is possible haha
Fair enough. Maybe Vegapunk isn’t completely in league with the WG and left some of old Kuma in there. He’s the smartest dude in the world, I’m sure he’s playing 4D chess in every decision he makes.

Fair enough. Maybe Vegapunk isn’t completely in league with the WG and left some of old Kuma in there. He’s the smartest dude in the world, I’m sure he’s playing 4D chess in every decision he makes.
Now this I really like :quest:, Vegapunk is the main key in all of this. We don’t know anything about his true allegiance or loyalties, he’s defo playing 17D chess

Status
Not open for further replies.