Character Discussion Do you really think Luffy's real rival is Kid?

I think Kid's rivalry with Luffy will only be present to Wano I think he will realize the big lead Luffy has over him during the fight against Kaido.

I no longer find too much interest in setting up a forced rivalry when Luffy will always be on top no matter what.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone who wants One Piece is Luffy's rivals. Since it's the same goal It doesn't necessarily mean that they have to have the same strength. Kid and Law are Luffy's rivals but they're not as strong as him. The one who has the most similarities and differences with Luffy is Blackbeard. I will add a little more to what I said in my introduction, I had forgotten a few things. Luffy and Blackbeard are the most rising pirates, especially after Marine Ford. They have been talked about even though Blackbeard is ahead of Luffy. The Gorosei did say that its members holding the letter D are very disturbing because they do a lot of talking We also learn that Blackbeard defeated Marco during a war at the top. Right after Luffy beat Doflamingo, who was the talk of the party again? It's Blackbeard in relation to the conflict with Baltigo Each time Luffy and Blackbeard are talked about. I forgot to mention Im who coincidentally tore up the posters of the 2 pirates who just talk every time and who are both D.

Luffy and Blackbeard Always these 2 there I think Blackbeard is ahead of Luffy for now because he has become Yonko.

It has much more power at the moment. But I think Luffy will catch up with him a bit after beating Kaido. I think for the poneglyphs they are tied.

Blackbeard surely must have a way of reading poneglyphs he is way too smart and he has too much experience Supernovas are rivals of Luffy despite the latter being much stronger than them and they will not be able to catch up with him at this point in the story.

Blackbeard is Luffy's rival despite Luffy being late. Yet Luffy will surely catch up with him and overtake him very soon, we are fast approaching the end of the manga
You fail to realize that Kidd has not been written or set up like the rest of the Supernova at all. Him and Luffy are different from the rest. There is a reason that he is the most similar character, mindset wise, to Luffy in this manga. Guarantee they will be similar individual strength wise as well. Where Kidd falls short from Luffy is the charisma to draw people towards him. This is why Luffy has such a great crew and many allies. Luffy’s charisma is on another level. Kidd seems to push people away. This is the main thing that separates Luffy and Kidd and what will be the deciding factor between them when it comes to being PK. Not individual strength. Watch. There has been nothing in this manga that proves that Luffy is levels above Kidd in strength besides fans head canons and wishful thinking. When they compete Oda always portrays them as near equals. From Saboady to Udon prison.

You fail to realize that Kidd has not been written or set up like the rest of the Supernova at all. Him and Luffy are different from the rest. There is a reason that he is the most similar character, mindset wise, to Luffy in this manga. Guarantee they will be similar individual strength wise as well. Where Kidd falls short from Luffy is the charisma to draw people towards him. This is why Luffy has such a great crew and many allies. Luffy’s charisma is on another level. Kidd seems to push people away. This is the main thing that separates Luffy and Kidd and what will be the deciding factor between them when it comes to being PK. Not individual strength. Watch. There has been nothing in this manga that proves that Luffy is levels above Kidd in strength besides fans head canons and wishful thinking. When they compete Oda always portrays them as near equals. From Saboady to Udon prison.
I pretty much agree with what you said except on the strength. I do not agree what has shown in the manga, and by the exploits to be at Luffy's level.

Without speculation? There is nothing honestly if he would have been so equal as you say Oda would have made Kid perform similar to Luffy. Kid is currently well behind Luffy who has Fs, ryo level 3 How can Kid be equal to Luffy?

Apart from speculation? Who has not beaten any size of the new world.

And then even outside of that it took Luffy to come to the new world for the world of One Piece to move.

Look since Luffy beat Doflamingo, fucked up shit at Big Mom everything that caused next to that Kid is nothing like it and you think they're equal? For real or is it just guesses and not facts? Or is it more of a wish that he equals Luffy?

Luffy and Kid are friendly-rival, sort of like Vegeta and Goku pre Buu Arc. They both compete, they will fight eachother to the very best of their ability to achieve their goal, yet at the end of the day, they can both sit down and share a drink with eachother.
Luffy and BB are enemy-rival. They will fight eachother to the death, and no amount of sake or meat can help them.

Every supernova is a rival to luffy because they are aiming to become PK...............
No other SN except Kidd declared his dream of finding the OP:
- Law wants to understand the meaning of his name
- We don't know about Killer, but he sails with Kidd so no problem
- Drake is a Marine
- If Apoo aimed to become PK then he dropped his dream long ago when he subdued to Kaido
- Hawkins isn't a dreaming man
- Bonney's objective seems to be Kuma or something relateg to the World Gov. anyway
- Urouge is unknown

Kidd is the only one who said in Luffy's face his aim of finding the One Piece, and the only one that proved it with actions

No other SN except Kidd declared his dream of finding the OP:
- Law wants to understand the meaning of his name
- We don't know about Killer, but he sails with Kidd so no problem
- Drake is a Marine
- If Apoo aimed to become PK then he dropped his dream long ago when he subdued to Kaido
- Hawkins isn't a dreaming man
- Bonney's objective seems to be Kuma or something relateg to the World Gov. anyway
- Urouge is unknown

Kidd is the only one who said in Luffy's face his aim of finding the One Piece, and the only one that proved it with actions
Well you can't say they don't want to find one piece either :kayneshrug:

Well you can't say they don't want to find one piece either :kayneshrug:
Nothing suggests at the rest of the SNs aiming at it tho
Putting Luffy, Kidd, Zoro, Killer aside, we know for sure that Law, Drake, Bege, Bonney don't aim at that
We can leave Hawkins, Apoo and Urouge with the benefit of the doubt but for what purpose? Hawkins and Apoo are still in Kaido's crew, they lost their credibility for the PK race.
If you really don't want to accept that Luffy and Kidd are the only 2 going for the PK title, then the only one you can try to push is Urouge.
But I can bet with you that the Mad Monk is not going for that

Nothing suggests at the rest of the SNs aiming at it tho
Putting Luffy, Kidd, Zoro, Killer aside, we know for sure that Law, Drake, Bege, Bonney don't aim at that
We can leave Hawkins, Apoo and Urouge with the benefit of the doubt but for what purpose? Hawkins and Apoo are still in Kaido's crew, they lost their credibility for the PK race.
If you really don't want to accept that Luffy and Kidd are the only 2 going for the PK title, then the only one you can try to push is Urouge.
But I can bet with you that the Mad Monk is not going for that
Dude again nothing says they are not aiming for it...........and anyone who is aiming for such is a rival to luffy in that way.......otherwise kidd is not a rival if you take PK thing away......they are not like roger and WB who were rivals in a combative sense............

He's one of the rival, but he isn't his real/ultimate rival at all.
Kidd fans better return to reality, Blackbeard is way more important than him.
He's indirectly the responsable of Ace's death, he's the one that created the biggest plot of Pre Ts which lead to MF war, he's the one who inherited Xebec's will or at least is heavily linked to him.
Kidd doesn't hold the same weight, he literally pales compared to Teach.

Moreover Kidd won't be important in the next arcs, Teach is EOS material and Shanks is booked either by Luffy or Teach. He ain't gonna do nothing to both of them.
Also the Navy is safe, they're linked to the EOS War, so Kidd won't shine against them neither unless he partecipates in the final war. But I wasn't talking of EOS, so he can't shine until we are there.