Current Events Has Zoro Been Nerfed All Along?

(Poll questions are in the OP)

• Q1: Yes

• Q1: No

• Q2: Yes

• Q2: No

• Q3: Yes

• Q3: No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Zoro has been nerfed, in the sense that he's ignored offensive opportunities to focus on protecting Luffy:
  • He only launched Hiryuu Kaen as a counter to Kaido's Boro Breath.
  • He only launched Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki to rescue Luffy after Kaido had chomped on him.
  • He ignored the challenge Kaido directly posed at him with Tatsumaki: Gale of Destruction.

Kaido challenged Zoro directly with Tatsumaki: Gale of Destruction. Zoro could have tried to counter that attack. Instead, he completely ignored Kaido's challenge and ran away with Luffy. This was an offensive opportunity that Zoro directly let go because he was babysitting Luffy.

How many other attacks has Zoro not taken because he was so devoted to protecting Luffy? How many more opportunities has he let go?

The opportunity cost of protecting Luffy has been Zoro sacrificing several opportunities to attack Mama or Kaido.

Even aside from the counterfactual attacks that Zoro let go, a majority of the other attacks he launched were only launched when protecting Luffy:
  • Hiryuu Kaen
    • It was launched as a counter to the Boro Breath Kaido used to try and take down Luffy.
  • Kokujo Ou Tatsumaki
    • It was launched to rescue Luffy from being eaten by Kaido.
The only attack Zoro took independently from his role of protecting Luffy was his initial Rengoku Oni Giri.

Had Zoro not needed to save Luffy those two times, he would probably have never launched those attacks. Zoro has mainly gone on the offensive when it was necessary to rescue Luffy. This reiterates again, that Zoro's top priority has been protecting Luffy.

Zoro's exceptional focus on protecting Luffy seems to have caused him to forego some offensive opportunities. This is the sense in which Zoro was nerfed.
Yes I understood your point of view, what I said and will say again is that this not a one vs one it's a group fight he has to have his captain back as his captain has to have his. The key in winning this fight is having each other's back zoro could not let Kaido use boro on luffy and injure him though so compromising the already fragile possibility of winning. The current situation is what He said would like to avoid in the Minks arc fighting 2 yonkos at the same time. I understand you and others wanted Zoro to go all out and face kaido but there is BM there to and she is collaborating with kaido well keeping an eye to not take to much damage.
I would like to see him fight kaido more but if it were a one vs one I don't think zoro would win seeing how hard it is for all 5 of them to fight both Yonkos, they could have some chance of maybe doing more damage if the split bm and kaido as I said in the past. But there is a problem how are you going to split them and how will fight whom.
I know you like the ideea of the ZKK and are the biggest supporter of it, but we have to look at it in a more objective way thinking at the current situation he ca not let luffy get injured an he cannot let himself be injured either for the sake of winning this war.

That being said, I again say I don't think he was nerfed because he lost some attacking opportunities because if he didn't protect luffy the chance of wining would go to 0 it was the correct decision from him and a wise one. I know we disagree on this topic but I think he was not nerfed he did what every excellent fighter would do in that situation, make sure the chances of winning aren't going down. And I think we are going to se more of him fighting is they deiced to split the yonko and manage to do it because In my mind he will remain on luffy's side

They need to split up the Yonkos asap. They are focusing only on Kaido and BM is free to hit everyone. Only Law used an attack on her (Counter Shock). I don't know how are they going to split them but since they are 5v2 I guess it would go 2v2 and 2v2 with one character being the support and going after both Yonkos. (It might be Law mostly because of his df). Imo the best idea would be to split up the captain with his subordinate because having one captain team up with the other captain or with a subordinate from other captain just to go after a specific Yonko might not end 'very' well.
And for god's shake show us the rooftop. I am losing hype every day that I am no reading Roof Piece

Zoro can't take down Kaido alone even if he wanted. Luffy didn't need saving from bolo breath‚ we saw how he took it face on. Only time needed saving was when gear 4th run out‚ where we even saw ganz help him during in Dresserosa.

Not to mention‚ if Luffy wasn't there‚ this fight would be lost before it begins. It is not his choice to save Luffy or not ( ignoring that he is his captain )‚ it is that he knows without Luffy they will be dead. / Thread

The reverse to this is that Luffy has been the main target for the Yonko, and so Zoro did not really have to deal with them focusing on him and trying to put him down.

He was basically only attacked once when Big Mom launched her AoE lightning at everyone on the battlefield, and then Luffy was the one who pushed through and kept the Yonko's attention on him with the barrage of attacks he launched at Kaido, while the others recovered.

Actually we can count Kaido's wind blades in a similar manner, but like with Big Mom we're talking about spread out attacks targetting everyone, not just Zoro in particular.
This is a good point. Yonkous have been actively attacking Luffy unlike the rest so it's understandable that he's out in more harm ways then the rest.

But let's not also completely disregard the nature of Luffy's reckless attitude and approach to this fight which have mostly lead to him being in a pinch. I mean him recklessly blowing his entire load without strategy nor thoughts about what would happen after he's out, is solely on him.

Him humping head first in front of Kaido ready to roar a fire breath is solely in himself too.

All in all its a combination of Yonkous actively going after him and his own recklessness.

1º No, not exceptionally . They barely had a little skirmish with the Yonko. The term "exceptionally " makes no sense here.
2º No, he couldn't do much more since he can't move through air.
3º Again, we can't talk about "extraordinary" since they only had a little skirmish for now, it didn't pass that much time, it's ridiculous.
And for now it doesn't matter if he could have landed more hits, it would have been inferior to Red Roc anyway.

Here people are being too much delusional with the horn feat, neither BM or Kaido considered that as something amazing, they didn't even commented about it ("oh, look, he cut a giant horn" -> only in Zoroliebers' mind). These guys can fight and tank attacks with enough energy to "play" with tectonic plates and islands. And cutting superficially Kaido is not anything special once you have an AP similar to scabbards, the deal is to do relevant damage, that's another different story. And we still didn't see Kaido using Haki for defence in this fight.
Zoro's exceptional offensive capability is not exceptional for Kaido with what he showed till now, so it won't matter if he could have landed more attacks at this moment.

A

Are you serious ? Showing me pre udon Luffy‚ when I am sure you know he evaded Thunder Bagua on the roof and his hits were totally hurting Kaido unlike the fight you showed me. Not sure if trolling
not even trolling lmao. This is rooftop luffy, this luffy at the beigning of the fight was saved by zoro and law and other chapter. How can you even say "if luffy wasn't there they would've lost at beginning". It's common sense that everyone is co-operating at Rooftop to defeat yonkos

He isnt showing you pre Udon Luffy. :ihaha:
That is even worse. What is the point lol
Post automatically merged:

not even trolling lmao. This is rooftop luffy, this luffy at the beigning of the fight was saved by zoro and law and other chapter. How can you even say "if luffy wasn't there they would've lost at beginning". It's common sense that everyone is co-operating at Rooftop to defeat yonkos
Exactly ! Everyone is cooperating . Yet this thread is saying Zoro is nerfed cause Oda needs to make him keep saving Luffy ‚ whom they need the most anyway. As if Zoro not having to save Luffy will make any difference and get Kaido defeated lol

Kid literally cares for his subordinates. I hope you know udon incident

Yup I agree, when I said "not to say Kid doesn't care if Killer gets hurt" I meant like I'm not saying Kid doesn't care, because he does.

But it's simply a nerf for Zoro because, several times in the rooftop fight Luffy has been caught in situations where he needs to be saved from peril (which Cinera already laid out), and Zoro has been so on point, he is sending attacks, doing real damage, and protecting his captain back.

Unfortunately, it also leaves him more susceptible to hits from Yonkou, causes him to spend energy and more time to saving the captain, than just focusing on taking down Kaido, like the others are just focused on.