Character Discussion I don't like Yamato

Ever since her introduction she is basically just a plot device there to help Luffy and the others to fight against Kaido. There is no attempt for us to feel like her motivation for killing her own father is realistic. There is no gradual build-up with her motives. It's literally just her meeting Luffy and ''hey, I'm going to help you defeat my father'' or ''hey, we just met but let me on your crew''.
Most of the members within the alliance didn't just immediately join but we see them deciding to fight against Kaido and Orochi through their own personal convictions which makes it feel realistic and earned. Yamato is literally fighting against her own family but the credibility behind it feels ridiculous.
That's a weird complaint.
She's been beaten since childhood, it makes sense she would immediately try and join a group of pirates who are trying to take down her father.
I understand not liking her for her behaviour and her Oden stuff because it can be annoying, but her motive to fight Kaido is realistic.

Yamato is the latest obnoxious shitstain Oda is trying to force down the fandom’s throat. The reality is that if you met her in real life, most sane people would call the psych ward or the police. She’s 28, acts like 8, LARPs a dead dude in front of his traumatised and wounded son and jacks off to his diary which she squirrels under her bed or alternatively between her breasts. She literally has no original personality and her neverending on-panel masturbation to the equally turdlike loser Oden is a hundred times more off putting than Rebecca’s crying. At least Rebecca is 16 acting 16. Yamato needs psychiatric treatment for her delusions and obvious developmental stuntedness.
Restoring my faith in the fandom with 1 post per thread got to be your profession.

Hating a character who lacks of development in a arc saturated with useless characters says more of the community than Oda shit writing.

Even if im disconformed how Oda treat her in the last chapter, the hate starts in the first chapter when she appears, so its not only a thing of desiluisonated fans.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Yamato has potential to be good... but also quite shit...
I like his design, I like his power too.

His Oden worship is no different than Luffy's worship of Roger or Ace's worship of Whitebeard. If you will banalize Yamato for having Oden's diary, a memento of her rolemodel, the man that embodies everything he missed in life when it came to parenting and overall life questions then do the same for Luffy and his Strawhat, Nami and Orange tree and so on.

If you father was Kaido, chances are you didn't have a nice childhood. So if your only parental thing was Oden's diary ofc you will have some weird shit going on in your life.

The only problem I see with Yamato is that He is stuck guarding Momo and that ruins his character. Give her something else to do, something to show her off better.

Right now Momo is the sole reason his characters suffers

Hating a character who lacks of development in a arc saturated with useless characters says more of the community than Oda shit writing.

Even if im disconformed how Oda treat her in the last chapter, the hate starts in the first chapter when she appears, so its not only a thing of desiluisonated fans.
The community is delusional at times, no offence to anyone here but if I was to make the same post on Reddit I would have been greeted with animosity from the people that consider every chapter to be amazing.

Yamato has potential to be good... but also quite shit...
I like his design, I like his power too.

His Oden worship is no different than Luffy's worship of Roger or Ace's worship of Whitebeard. If you will banalize Yamato for having Oden's diary, a memento of her rolemodel, the man that embodies everything he missed in life when it came to parenting and overall life questions then do the same for Luffy and his Strawhat, Nami and Orange tree and so on.

If you father was Kaido, chances are you didn't have a nice childhood. So if your only parental thing was Oden's diary ofc you will have some weird shit going on in your life.

The only problem I see with Yamato is that He is stuck guarding Momo and that ruins his character. Give her something else to do, something to show her off better.

Right now Momo is the sole reason his characters suffers
he is a she

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
In my eyes, Yamato is arguably one of the most uninspiring characters that Oda has come up with thus far. I will give reasons as to why I feel this way so if you disagree with me bring valid arguments to the table.

1. Yamato's design.

Females in OP usually follow the same pattern in terms of their design. This isn't something that usually bothers me but the issue here is that it feels very unconvincing that Yamato is supposed to be Kaido's child because of her average design. Comparatively speaking, most of Big Mom's daughters' have idiosyncratic designs that add to the credibility of them being BM's children. Yamato just doesn't have that.

2. Yamato's relationship to Luffy & the alliance.

Ever since her introduction she is basically just a plot device there to help Luffy and the others to fight against Kaido. There is no attempt for us to feel like her motivation for killing her own father is realistic. There is no gradual build-up with her motives. It's literally just her meeting Luffy and ''hey, I'm going to help you defeat my father'' or ''hey, we just met but let me on your crew''.
Most of the members within the alliance didn't just immediately join but we see them deciding to fight against Kaido and Orochi through their own personal convictions which makes it feel realistic and earned. Yamato is literally fighting against her own family but the credibility behind it feels ridiculous.

3. Yamato's role in general.

It's very common for Oda to introduce a lot of characters within an arc and that's fine but the issue is that a large percent of those characters end up doing almost nothing relevant. This brings up the question why some of these characters were even brought into the story in the first place. This is were Yamato comes into place. What has she done so far? Yamato has been running with Momonosuke and Shinobu fighting against fodder and pointless shenanigans even though it has already been established that Momo isn't going to die. Do we really need a side-plot like this in the semi- endgame of OP?
Oda could have simply skipped all of those pages and focussed on the Tobbi Roppo and the calamites which have been on the side lines for a very long time.
yamato is better than law and his crew:kayneshrug: