Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know oda is showing off zoro's feats and clowning sanji but
am I the only one who thinks zoro fighting king in this condition will be too much of a disrespect to sanji?
Only if:
1. Zoro doesn't get healed.
2. You believe Sanji was destined to fight King or something.

Sanji could just end up fighting Queen without interacting with King again. Their previous interaction was barely a skirmish.

I know oda is showing off zoro's feats and clowning sanji but
am I the only one who thinks zoro fighting king in this condition will be too much of a disrespect to sanji?
Depends. If he's healed to a decent state and can fight King, then its alright IMO since someone helped him recover (i.e. Marco). If not and he still does fight King (somehow), I don't think anyone would be surprised at this point lol.

I think its abundantly clear Oda puts Zoro on a much higher pedestal than Sanji, especially after the last 12 or so chapters.

To be fair, this isn't a 1v1, it's a 1v14.
Kaido fought the Scabbards then fought the SNs where the latter group all had ways of getting past Kaido's defenses. It would be hack shit if Luffy fought Kaido alone and inflict this much damage on Kaido alone. But this is a team effort like how Roger and Garp took down Rocks. I do, however, agree that Luffy reaching this strength in 2 weeks is a bit of a stretch.
If Luffy ends up beating Kaido here, he didn't do it alone. He done it with 9 scabbards + 4 other SNs which means that 14 people were needed to bring Kaido down. And this is before considering any possible future events like Hawkins or Drake coming upstairs to assist. Think of it like hunting a monster in Monster Hunter. :endthis:
If we add in the scrubbards:
Shall we add in Apoo attacking and KNOCKING OUT Luffy temporarily, Ulti bashing Luffy's head, Queen chewing and bloodying Luffy.
Kaido also had the benefit of being fully formed as a fighter, while Luffy is still growing in this fight, for powerscalign purposes post Wano Luffy is stronger than Kaido if he beats him here in 1vs1 fashion.

Only if:
1. Zoro doesn't get healed.
2. You believe Sanji was destined to fight King or something.

Sanji could just end up fighting Queen without interacting with King again. Their previous interaction was barely a skirmish.
i'll be okay if zoro doesnt fight king and rather goes to kill kaido after luffy defeats him, but zoro after doing this much in roof and then again high-diffing king is just too much disrespect to 3rd strongest in crew who hasnt done anything and will fight someone weaker than king

So Zoro didn’t consciously use Haoshoku, which is much better than what the initial spoilers suggested and certainly better than the people that tried to claim he was using advanced CoC.

We finally get to see Ashura after so long, which is cool as hell, but that’s not even what did it for me. It’s Zoro’s statement about Luffy that makes that scene cool. That stuff always gets me, specifically when it’s done by Zoro or Nami (both of whom have done it within the last fifteen chapters), and Jinbe as well. It just hits differently when it’s either Zoro or Nami, as they’re his two top crew mates, the two most important after Luffy, and the original trio. Those scenes are just gold.

But as good as Zoro seems to be in this chapter, Luffy’s the star of it. He just entered an entirely new tier. The hits he puts on Kaido with his newfound advanced CoC is sick, and on top of that he’s just been fighting Kaido in *base* and is putting the hurt on him. When he uses it with his gears? Phew. He’s a monster, and was before he even started using CoC, as we’ve seen this fight. He’s above admiral level, in my opinion.

Can’t wait to see the actual scans. So hyped right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.