Current Events Honest Question: Why don't people actually want a real 1v1 fight for Zoro?

Thats over and done with... Now you want Zorotm to vanish from the arc for 30 chapters as everyone else fights?
Yes I was speaking in generic terms.

Related to the current state of the manga Zoro should return to the yonko battlefield once enough recovered and finish the job with Kaido, this is the most rightful expectation and also a realistic one, and it better be a 1 on 1. Luffy to probably keep him occupied for a bit considering however Big Mom probably kicking in soon enough, with Kidd and Killer probably failing to contain her efficiently once again anyway.

Pretty sure its the exact opposite. Anyone who wants a good swordsman fight has been called not a Zoro fan because they don't expect ZKK lol
Like it’s been 10+ years who doesn’t want a solo fight?

It’s honestly weird how they aren’t begging for one
Post automatically merged:

How much ? The scabbards got healed but they are still fucked up. To the point inus opponent was an equally fucked up Jack.
King won't be this badly injured if at all. So what purpose does the fight serve outside of more zoro wank.
Zoro would get healed by the person who healed the scabbards (obviously gonna be hiyori) and law.

Yet you want a fucked up zoro go down an beat King. That denounces yc more than anything.
I agree with you. Even if Zoro is healed, I think a 1v1 against King would just be underwhelming and a disservice to both characters. Are people expecting Zoro vs King because it follows the typical OP formula of Zoro fighting the 2nd in command or because it makes the most sense narratively?

I am not satisfy at all and I think if ZKK happens, it should have "fluidity" you mentioned, not just 2 or 3 pages feat.

We haven't seen Zoro (and also other characters except Luffy) goes all-out for so so long. This becomes new OP standards and I think that's why Zoro's feat is enough for many people.

For me, I am unsatisfied. Oda has kept Zoro restricted by protecting Luffy, tanking Hakai, and we don't have any fluid moment where he focus on beating opponent like the time he fought Mr.1, Kuma, Ryuma.

However, if he got 1 vs 1 with King, I would also be unsatisfied since Oda has already hyped Zoro so much and he already made a bold announcement. The flow would make sense if Zoro fought King before reaching Kaido.

The only satisfying choice for me right now is Zoro joining back the roof. He may have 1 on 1 with Kaido for a while (but I don't think he should win) or beat him with team effort. Or admiral-level character is introduced and becomes main Zoro opponent.

I am not satisfy at all and I think if ZKK happens, it should have "fluidity" you mentioned, not just 2 or 3 pages feat.

We haven't seen Zoro (and also other characters except Luffy) goes all-out for so so long. This becomes new OP standards and I think that's why Zoro's feat is enough for many people.

For me, I am unsatisfied. Oda has kept Zoro restricted by protecting Luffy, tanking Hakai, and we don't have any fluid moment where he focus on beating opponent like the time he fought Mr.1, Kuma, Ryuma.

However, if he got 1 vs 1 with King, I would also be unsatisfied since Oda has already hyped Zoro so much and he already made a bold announcement. The flow would make sense if Zoro fought King before reaching Kaido.

The only satisfying choice for me right now is Zoro joining back the roof. He may have 1 on 1 with Kaido for a while (but I don't think he should win) or beat him with team effort. Or admiral-level character is introduced and becomes main Zoro opponent.
See, even though you and I disagree on fundamental levels about where Zoro may be in 10/20/30 chapters, I appreciate that you get the OP. Its not about Zoro vs King or Zoro vs Kaido. Its about Zoro being warranted the same exact fluid fights he got pre-TS with Luffy, and the same fights Luffy has gotten with Doflamingo, Katakuri and now Kaido again.

And other strawhats have these portrayals too. Every Sanji fight has it. Franky and Choppers fights do as well. Brook hasn't been given a decent 1v1 to show it, nor has Robin. Jinbe is brand new, and Nami/Usopp don't fight this way so its okay the fluidity isn't present for them.

I know that it seems weird for Zoro to not have a "real" 1 vs 1 but, as i said many times, this is Zoro's arc. Any other time a strawhat got a lot of focus, and Zoro is going to have even more focus with Orochi, the Shimotsuki and perhaps even Kaido again, Oda didn't give her/him a fight. Never, see Nami in AP, Robin and Usopp in W7/EL, Sanji in WCI.

Zoro did great these last 10 chapters, already had his 1 vs 1 on panel against Kamazo, multiple clashes (Gyukimaru two times, the ninjas, Denjiro) and another moment with Apoo. He is going to do more against Kaido.
But he already went all out and we are already 100 chapters into Wano. The other strawhats have yet to start to fight properly.
If he were to be healed a bit and Oda really wanted to give him a 1 vs 1, the best he could hope for is a 1 vs 1 against Jack. Quite a fast one since he would be quite weakened tho.

I do believe whoever prefers this to a simple 1 vs 1 against King and a great moment at the end of the arc against Kaido is simply mad but they wanted Kaido so badly :kayneshrug:

The most propitious occasion is meant as the one that favors the growth of the character the most out of the feasible possibilities.
Yes, but that was only before Oda (presumably) decided to have Zoro injured/defeated and sent back down below the roof.

Before 1009/1010, it was my understanding that Oda may just not have Zoro leave Luffy's side, if this was meant to be his final growth fight. If Oda wanted to give Luffy his 1v1 moment, there are far simpler ways to let Luffy have them without removing Zoro from the roof. Like I've always wanted Zoro have his good 1v1 moment and think King is the best shot at it, but if Oda did it with Kaido, I would not be disappointed. However, now he's removing him from the roof (again, presumably)

"Wanting" Zoro to get the best moments he can get and "realizing" that he may not get them exactly the way people want them does not make the latter any less Zoro fans than the former.

the best he could hope for is a 1 vs 1 against Jack. Quite a fast one since he would be quite weakened tho.

I do believe whoever prefers this to a simple 1 vs 1 against King
What does Zoro have to do with Jack? And why not King exactly?

@HA001
And Law will tell him what luffy said

Just say you want Zoro to ignore what Luffy said

Read my post. Zoro also fights Kuma after fighting Oars lol.

And again, its not about Zoro vs King. This can be Zoro doing it against Kaido, but it just wasn't shown... you have 2 types of ZKK people:

- Those that expect Zoro to only kill Kaido
- Those that expect Zoro to fully 1v1 Kaido and also kill him.

This also can't imply a weakened Zoro having these moments against King. We've gotten to these points where we denounce or threat of a YC for a reason I can't quite literally explain, but that is besides the point. The thread isn't about this.
I read you post but I think you did not understand mine. I said that who ever Zoro fight in a 1v1 in Wano after his showcase against Kaido will be underwhelming because there is no one stronger than Kaido.

Look in TB Zoro fought Ryuma then Oars then Kuma and guess what? Kuma >> Oars >> Ryuma.

What is happening in Wano is basically Zoro fighting Kuma and you asking people why they do not want Zoro to fight Ryuma now.

That why I said that Zoro having is 1v1 before fighting Kaido would have been better.

Luffy just gave Zoro a direct order that he will handle kaido from here

Zoro will refuse Luffy’s order?
As I was implicating the situation could get out of hand probably because of Big Mom kicking in, and I do believe that Zoro would most likely assist his captain again if a peculiar situation demanded it, yes. That would feel instinctively.

But I would go further than just that and say we could expand our thought and in the first place think about the offchance that Luffy didn't mean that he wanted to handle Kaido by himself in the first place, just that he preferred Zoro to rest until necessary. Many users underlook this point. Luffy's words leave for interpretation.

He didn't order Zoro and Law not to return until he is done with Kaido, but merely for that time at least.

That why I said that Zoro having is 1v1 before fighting Kaido would have been better.
But he will fight someone after Wano and it will NOT be Mihawk... so what should we do?

And if law just sends him down and stays what then ?
@HA001
Then Zoro will not get any medical treatment and will not return to this fight or ANY fight

Luffy didn't mean that he wanted to handle Kaido by himself in the first place,
@Finalbeta
But he did mean it... He said HE ALONE Would send Kaido flying

In all translations, he is saying that he himself will single handedly beat Kaido now

What does Zoro have to do with Jack? And why not King exactly?
Law might decide to go to the same room he sent the scabbards and Jack is a monster but a very weakened one, like Zoro after Hiyori and Law help him presumably.
But it's an unlikely scenario, it would be a 1 vs 1 drawn just for the sake of giving a 1 vs 1 to Zoro in his arc while Law deals with Hawkins.

King is much stronger than Jack and basically completely healthy.