The problem is Zoro's dream isn't "World's strongest swordsman who fights in teams"

If Zoro doesn't have a definitive 1v1 with someone then what happens in the next arc when someone stronger comes around. They would have to make Zoro fight a weaker person instead which doesn't happen.

And counter point to King flying is he still has to fight Close quaters... Like King went decided to rush a Yonkou and all her men because his best chance was still Close quaters combat

Unless King has some ridiculous long range abilty that's fast and extremely powerful, his Flying is mainly a mobility boost and that's it. It's not been shown that King is like Doflamingo who can kick strings that fly kilometres away and dice up mountains. King is a Zoan devil fruit user who is and swordsman and by default, his main combat will be in close quaters with increases mobility due to the wings and that's all. So when he comes in for his close combat, Zoro will be ready.

Also Pica isn't an example here since he was running away. Pica, mountain form and general mobility increase from said mountain form had ZERO impact on the actual fighting between them. So if you use pica as an example then you would have to say King would be running away from Zoro too
good argument.
But Pika's example was given because Zoro defeated him by splitting him with the ground, so that Pika remained in the air, where he was already limited in the use of DF. And whether the attack is sudden, from the back, the Pica could take up to a blow in the lower part of the body. Without Orlombus he could not reach this height and would not be able to make a sudden attack.
Honestly, I don't know what King will be capable of. But if Oda turned off his ability to to fly and all will be limited to combat on swords, then this monstrous nerf for King. This of course is only my opinion, but I think the King crazy speed, but if he has some connection with his nickname, I think it is able to create fire or by the sword(sword skill) or a fire associated with his racial identity.
Post automatically merged:

Ok this cant be a real reason. Cause you know Oda will make Sanji as strong as he wants.

Nope Sanji oneshotted Raisin. And his feet are strong enough to block against blades shown by his clashes with Daifuku and Judge. So this is disproven.
True. I think he is stronger then his brothers, but can't prove, because he never fight with Ichiji.

That was snake attack.
Well, they are not actually swordsman. But I understood the opinion

Why people keep going on the fake assumption that base sanji= base vinsmokes, rs sanji = rs vinsmokes, when base sanji was fighting on par with rs judge and base sanji neg diff'd rs yonji.
The problem isn't just Sanji and his brothers. But also in opponents. For me, Sanji vs. DD is the same as Ichiji vs. Katakuri. Opponents just another level, where they have no chance. So the fight Sanji vs King waiting for the same result. Even if he had a suit now.

Last edited:
good argument.
But Pika's example was given because Zoro defeated him by splitting him with the ground, so that Pika remained in the air, where he was already limited in the use of DF. And whether the attack is sudden, from the back, the Pica could take up to a blow in the lower part of the body. Without Orlombus he could not reach this height and would not be able to make a sudden attack.
Honestly, I don't know what King will be capable of. But if Oda turned off his ability to to fly and all will be limited to combat on swords, then this monstrous nerf for King. This of course is only my opinion, but I think the King crazy speed, but if he has some connection with his nickname, I think it is able to create fire or by the sword(sword skill) or a fire associated with his racial identity.
Hold up

You are conflating Pica's Area of Effect and Mobility as things that just work in tandem because Pica had them...

Pica's mobility meant nothing to Zoro when yhry actually fought each other face to face... Even when Pica jumped into the Plateau Zpro still hit him with the 1080 pound canon while he took Zero hits at all

Pica became a problem because he decide to run away and Smash the entire Kingdom. The man's AoE was like town level with every punch he through and he was gonna flatten the Riku famity... That's the problem, the man had mountain sized AoE wth his Golem and town sized punches... And combined his AoE and Mobility and we get a problem and then combine that with him running away and it's even worse

See King is just away Zoan. He has fire powers but until we see this man like, burn down away entire town with one fire ball, you can't say him just being able to fly gives him ALL the advantages Pica has

Just think about this very closely, imagine these two guys fighting. Let's say King can fly even 100 times better than Doffy since he has actual wings, What exactly will that matter in a fight between him and Zoro? Like Unless he is exactly like Pica who can just hover hundreds of meters out of range and Breath Kaido sized Fire balls down at Zoro or Doffy where has some extremely fast and deadly cutting move which he can do from very far away in mid air then it's not a problem for Zoro in actual combat.

King would still have to fight Zoro up close close if he doesn't have these other abilities that made Pica or Doffy dangerous on top of their Mobility.

Mobility isn't all that Pica had and King having high mobility doesn't make give him as many advantages as Pica did.

Sanji fought Oven's army whilst carrying Luffy.

Even Luffy's are trash. Hes last proper 1v1 was against Lucci. Just like Sanji.

Against Katakuri, you have Luffy's dumbass running away like Pica and Katakuri dumbass stabbing himself. Nothing will ever compare to Luffy vs Lucci. NOTHING !!
Only person with trash fights and feats is your boy Sanji don’t try and drag luffy and zoro into this. They are not Sanji oda don’t give a fuck about Sanji just his worst gen duo

Hold up

You are conflating Pica's Area of Effect and Mobility as things that just work in tandem because Pica had them...

Pica's mobility meant nothing to Zoro when yhry actually fought each other face to face... Even when Pica jumped into the Plateau Zpro still hit him with the 1080 pound canon while he took Zero hits at all

Pica became a problem because he decide to run away and Smash the entire Kingdom. The man's AoE was like town level with every punch he through and he was gonna flatten the Riku famity... That's the problem, the man had mountain sized AoE wth his Golem and town sized punches... And combined his AoE and Mobility and we get a problem and then combine that with him running away and it's even worse

See King is just away Zoan. He has fire powers but until we see this man like, burn down away entire town with one fire ball, you can't say him just being able to fly gives him ALL the advantages Pica has

Just think about this very closely, imagine these two guys fighting. Let's say King can fly even 100 times better than Doffy since he has actual wings, What exactly will that matter in a fight between him and Zoro? Like Unless he is exactly like Pica who can just hover hundreds of meters out of range and Breath Kaido sized Fire balls down at Zoro or Doffy where has some extremely fast and deadly cutting move which he can do from very far away in mid air then it's not a problem for Zoro in actual combat.

King would still have to fight Zoro up close close if he doesn't have these other abilities that made Pica or Doffy dangerous on top of their Mobility.

Mobility isn't all that Pica had and King having high mobility doesn't make give him as many advantages as Pica did.
Pica was a problem as long as he was alive and in stone. He could attack all over the field. But he fought Zoro as best he could. In direct opposition he had no chance, it is indisputable. The fact is, to defeat the Pica, Zoro needed to share It with the earth. As Pica was very cautious after their first skirmish, and no longer opened to attack. Opportunity emerged only after, as Zoro divided the colossus and the main body remained in the upper half of.
About King. As we have seen, the firstmate level is a different level of strength. And it's not just the power of DF. Speed, strength, Haki's level, all at a higher level. But that's just my opinion.