Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not gonna translate word for word coz my japanese isn’t perfect and it would take me forever, but he just talks about her popularity, inheriting pedros will, possibly being a lookout or apprentice, her name being a play on words (986 & ninjin), Sulong being a graceful/unique fighting style that differs from other SHs, her similarities to goku from dragon ball, and something about cards that I didn’t entirely understand (comparing each SH to tarot cards and saying the only one missing is carrot, the wild card, because the minks are wild/native people? It’s pretty dumb). Nothing that hasn’t already been said on this forum for the most part.
Also the guy in the video thinks law, Yamato, and carrot could all join at the end of wano
Yeah no.

Franky leaving the Franky Family makes sense, Robin abandoning the falling Baroque Works make sense, Jinbe letting Aladine lead the Sun Pirates works, but there’s no way Law will just go up and leave his childhood friends/crew mates just to be another underling to his own Supernova rival.

That's some next level fanfic for such a small unimportant rabbit, she won't save Luffy but you can keep dreaming.
Let alone the fact that Carrot can't fly, only float downward. She has better things to do right now like chewing on some grass in the background.
It's comments like this that give us Yamato fans a bad name. Carrot is in a decent position to do that, as well as several other characters. I don't think it's as likely some of the other scenarios, but calling this a next level lunatic fanfic is such an exaggeration that it pretty much destroys your actual argument.

It's comments like this that give us Yamato fans a bad name. Carrot is in a decent position to do that, as well as several other characters. I don't think it's as likely some of the other scenarios, but calling this a next level lunatic fanfic is such an exaggeration that it pretty much destroys your actual argument.
I don't associate myself with anybody and my opinion is mine alone. Also i'm not that crazy about Yamato, i find her interesting and her design is alright, but i never knew i was so much into side boobs before that revelation. Having a very strong female on the crew would be super exciting, though with what Oda has done with Robin and One Piece girls in general, it does not amount to much. I'm all for Yamato joining but she wouldn't be in my top 3 picks, i just stand to reason that in Wano Yamato has been the strongest candidate and she will be having even more development.

Carrot is in a decent position? Maybe for desperate Carrot fans grasping at straws for their bunny to get some shine when Perospero is off the table they pivot to other non sense.

If Carrot was in any condition to move, wouldn't you think she would have steered toward the live floor or inside the skull dome?? Yeah straight up, completely ridiculous.

Yea i dont think rootbeer look bad and im a carrot stan cus if it dont happen or her plot dont move then he goin talk his shit "carrot fans really she that important to save luffy" :josad:
Post automatically merged:

Yea i dont think rootbeer look bad and im a carrot stan cus if it dont happen or her plot dont move then he goin talk his shit "carrot fans really she that important to save luffy" :josad:
*really thought

Simple because she has zoan df. Im not fully expecting it to happen but it will be great if that really happen
But Chopper is biologically reindeer, Yamato is biologically ogre... PEDs don't usually work outside the specie it is intended to be used on...

I agree that’s why she took an L to peros and we keep seeing Pedro saying“Keep moving forward”
Will of the P is so strong, you know...

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
And that is biologically a headcanon.
Yamato is Kaido's daughter, Kaido isn't human, so neither is Yamato.

It will be momo + yamato probably. You know how momo was constantly giving status of how many are at the roof. He will be first to realise
Yamato left Momo behind though? How would he be able to inform her?

At this point if Carrot ''' somehow ''' end up saving Luffy, i'm changing my vote to Carrot and 100% accept her as next Strawhat.
Any Carrot fan willing to take on the bet that if Carrot doesn't save Luffy you change your vote to Yamato? I doubt it.

First one on one date with Luffy after 500 chapters? Some Carrot fans trully be living in wonderland like their favorite furry.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Chapter 1008, page 15, Luffy says, "They're just as human as we are!!"
This does not mean Kaido is human? Kaido has been suggested to be non human before. More than once actually.

Luffy said that about Kaido and Linlin (who we know is human). He did not literally mean that they are homo sapiens, but the Yonkou are the same kind of beings as them.

Last edited:
Luffy is not great person to interpret things what Kaido is. The reason is he does not know much about the world around him in terms race and species that they are. Plus, the context luffy was saying that was the damage disturbing Towards yonko. In other words, more like damage input he was giving yonko. How I interpret luffy response is more like they are not as tough as we think they are they must be getting hurt somehow. So, they cannot possibly be invincible.

Last edited:
And that is biologically a headcanon.
Even if she isn't, the point is, she isn't a reindeer...

I think that's a metaphor which means that Luffy believes that those Yonkos still have their own weaknesses and are not invinsible...

Luffy is not great person interpret things what Kaido is. The reason is he does not know much about the world around him in terms race and species that they are. Plus, the context luffy was saying that was the damage disturbing Towards yonko. In other words, more like damage input he was giving yonko. How I interpret luffy response is more like they are not as tough as we think they are they must be getting hurt somehow. So, they cannot possibly be invincible.
This...

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
So I'm convinced that:
  • Yamato is considerably stronger than current Sanji.
    • She has much better feats than him:
      • When given a free shot on a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo, Sanji did no noticeable damage.
      • When Yamato was given a free shot on a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo she oneshot them.
      • She casually blocked an Elephant Gun from Post Udon Gear 3 Luffy.
      • She casually oneshot a Number.
      • Let alone her Hybrid form, Base Yamato has better feats than Raid Suit Sanji.
    • She has much better portrayal than him.
      • She was depicted as superior to Luffy during their short fight.
      • She stalemated Ace while being of the same generation and of similar age to him.
        • This suggests that she should have been comparable to Ace at Marineford and above Ace now.
      • Ace said she was too strong to not be a captain.
      • Kaido trained his in his techniques.
      • Kaido only respects strength, and he wants to make her the Shogun:
        • In contrast, he called Doflamingo too weak.
  • Yamato will remain stronger than Sanji even at the end of Wano.
  • Yamato will remain stronger than Sanji to the end of the series.
    • As Kaido's only child, her potential is top tier.

If Yamato joins the Strawhats, Sanji will no longer be Luffy's 3rd Strongest Subordinate. Does this significantly undermine her chances of joining?

Or will Oda magically make Sanji stronger than her? How so when Yamato will fight Kaido and Sanji will be fighting a Calamity?

On a slightly unrelated note, I expect Yamato's position in the crew to be combatant (like Lucky Roo) and for Zoro to become the "Vice Captain"/"First Mate" (like Benn Beckmann).

If this is true, it'll probably break the pattern of Sanji being the 3rd Strongest Strawhat.

On another note, Ace commented that Yamato was too strong to not be a captain:

This sentiment is traditionally associated with Zoro.

I think this is slight supporting evidence for my "Yamato as combatant", speculation and reinforces that Yamato has been depicted as a more formidable fighter than Sanji.

For those who think Sanji has always been the 3rd strongest Strawhat since East Blue, Robin had portrayal above him in Alabasta and in Skypiea (she soloed Yama and quite easily at that), so I don't think it's true.

And as for Sanji surpassing Yamato later this arc or by EOS well I don't think it's plausible given:
  • Her heritage
    • Kaido's only daughter
    • She seems to have inherited his physical stats
    • He trained her
  • Her potential
    • She seems to have had Ace level potential
    • Kaido wanted to make her the Shogun
  • Her role this arc

@Garp the Fist, @Jew D. Boy, @Ravagerblade, @MonsterKaido, @langitbarat, @Sigran101, @Rootbeer, @thedarkdragon11, @Raughtale, @Ravagerblade, @spawn, @Shiroyru.

I'm curious what the other Yamato 4 Nakama supporters think.

So I'm convinced that:
  • Yamato is considerably stronger than current Sanji.
    • She has much better feats than him:
      • When given a free shot on a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo, Sanji did no noticeable damage.
      • When Yamato was given a free shot on a Full Zoan Tobi Roppo she oneshot them.
      • She casually blocked an Elephant Gun from Post Udon Gear 3 Luffy.
      • She casually oneshot a Number.
      • Let alone her Hybrid form, Base Yamato has better feats than Raid Suit Sanji.
    • She has much better portrayal than him.
      • She was depicted as superior to Luffy during their short fight.
      • She stalemated Ace while being of the same generation and of similar age to him.
        • This suggests that she should have been comparable to Ace at Marineford and above Ace now.
      • Ace said she was too strong to not be a captain.
      • Kaido trained his in his techniques.
      • Kaido only respects strength, and he wants to make her the Shogun:
        • In contrast, he called Doflamingo too weak.
  • Yamato will remain stronger than Sanji even at the end of Wano.
  • Yamato will remain stronger than Sanji to the end of the series.
    • As Kaido's only child, her potential is top tier.

If Yamato joins the Strawhats, Sanji will no longer be Luffy's 3rd Strongest Subordinate. Does this significantly undermine her chances of joining?

Or will Oda magically make Sanji stronger than her? How so when Yamato will fight Kaido and Sanji will be fighting a Calamity?

On a slightly unrelated note, I expect Yamato's position in the crew to be combatant (like Lucky Roo) and for Zoro to become the "Vice Captain"/"First Mate" (like Benn Beckmann).

If this is true, it'll probably break the pattern of Sanji being the 3rd Strongest Strawhat.

On another note, Ace commented that Yamato was too strong to not be a captain:

This sentiment is traditionally associated with Zoro.

I think this is slight supporting evidence for my "Yamato as combatant", speculation and reinforces that Yamato has been depicted as a more formidable fighter than Sanji.

For those who think Sanji has always been the 3rd strongest Strawhat since East Blue, Robin had portrayal above him in Alabasta and in Skypiea (she soloed Yama and quite easily at that), so I don't think it's true.

And as for Sanji surpassing Yamato later this arc or by EOS well I don't think it's plausible given:
  • Her heritage
    • Kaido's only daughter
    • She seems to have inherited his physical stats
    • He trained her
  • Her potential
    • She seems to have had Ace level potential
    • Kaido wanted to make her the Shogun
  • Her role this arc

@Garp the Fist, @Jew D. Boy, @Ravagerblade, @MonsterKaido, @langitbarat, @Sigran101, @Rootbeer, @thedarkdragon11, @Raughtale, @Ravagerblade, @spawn, @Shiroyru.

Yeah for me hybrid yamato > Base yamato > Base sanji............need to see more of RS sanji and yamato's df type to accurately say who is more powerful

I don't really see it as something that hurts Yamato's chances even if Sanji as top 3 dynamic was a thing to uphold, in my mind Jinbe is already stronger than Sanji and if he is meant to be below him from now on (fighting wise) then whatever combat scaling logic that would be broken or forced with Yamato joining has already happened with Jinbe even if the Raid Suit did improve Sanji drastically. In the end another powerhouse like Yamato close to endgame as a combatant addition makes a lot of sense to me as well regardless of perceived ranking.

Are you a supporter of Carrot 4 Nakama?
She's the only real choice IMO. Characters like Tama, Momo and Yamao are candidates in name only.
As for saving Luffy, I can see it being Law's submarine or him falling down on Wano. I am sceptical that someone would catch him on his way down.
Both of those are potential outcomes, but I'm considering the option that would add to the story and characters the most whilst also being within the realms of possibility. And for both of those reasons Carrot saving Luffy is the strongest possibility.

She's the only real choice IMO. Characters like Tama, Momo and Yamao are candidates in name only.

Both of those are potential outcomes, but I'm considering the option that would add to the story and characters the most whilst also being within the realms of possibility. And for both of those reasons Carrot saving Luffy is the strongest possibility.
I really dont get what youre getting at with involving Carrot now, if it was Momo for example id understand, but Carrot? What would the story gain from Luffy and Carrot additional sub plot in the middle of his fight vs Kaido? Shes not connected to any of the main plot points of this war, her grudge against Peros doesent matter in the grand scheme of things. It would just be unnecessary and woukd further drag out the story.

We dont know as of yet why Oda made Luffy fall, but do people forget the man can fly himself? Does he need to be saved? Maybe him falling is just a temporary timeout to have Yamato not interupt the fight while she confronts her father.... if i had to guess, Luffy is back up immediately after Yamato and Kaido are done talking/she needs be saved

Status
Not open for further replies.