Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Good chapter, though I have some gripes.

Firstly, Luffy bringing morale back to the alliance happened a bit too quickly. We didn't have enough time to process how his defeat would affect everyone. That was lowest point of the whole raid, and it wasn't explored as much as it should've been.. But I am glad the message was passed on to Momo, who is coming to his own as a leader. He will rule over these Samurai, so he should. Luffy's little stint at telepathy seems like an evolution of the Voice of All Things. At first it allowrf someone to communicate with creatures they normally wouldn't, but reading or relaying something to someone's thoughts is also not a standard mode of communication. It'll be interesting if Luffy refines this, as it will prove useful in the final war.

Sanji vs Queen finally starts, and it was always going to happen. Aside from the obvious pattern Sanji fights the 3rd strongest of the enemy side, his opponents are usually eccentric individuals, and Queen is the most eccentric of them thus far. But most of all, Oda solidified the fight with Queen's remark on Sanji.

This is because Sanji's running subplot since WCI ended was coming to terms with his family background.

Queen offers a natural development and resolution to this plotpoint, and it gives Oda opportunity to write funny fight banter between Sanji and Queen. Sanji will not take well being referred to as "Judge's son," and Queen might try to egg him on just from that. But other than Sanji, Queen will also get fleshed out via this fight. We will learn more on his background.

The Zoro/Sanji banter we see little of these days is in full swing. I could not stop laughing at Sanji using Zoro as a bat to take out Gifters, or even the macho posturing over who's worth more men, and a neat callback from Zou. Speaking of Zou callbacks, this chapter proves part of why Luffy went to WCI to get Sanji back. Luffy originally didn't feel the need to rush to Sanji's rescue, not because he didn't care, but because he thought Sanji could handle whatever situation he was in. He only agreed after Nami's insistence and the truth about Sanji's wedding. He also rationalized bringing Sanji back due to his strength as a war asset.

Sanji's going to put that faith to good use by defeating Kaido's second strongest subordinate.

The last part I want to talk about is Yamato and Kaido's meeting. This was anticipated since Yamato's appearance. It's a two pronged opportunity to learn more on Yamato and Kaido, though Oda has hinted or used clever wording and imagery to inform us of the relationship the two have had as Father and Child.

Yamato's existence is seen as being "chained."

And it is. Yamato is trapped on Onigashima, their entire life has been mapped out by Kaido, and they've even been literally chained for good measure.

This echoes Oden's childhood, though it's to a lesser degree than Yamato's situation. Like Yamato, Oden was a prisoner to parental, even societal expectations of him. He wanted to go out to sea where it was open and free. He viewed Wano as "two cramped," much like Yamato harbors Onigashima as a "chained" existence.

They now face Kaido, and the composition of the panels really express the scene's intent.

First, Yamato is coming out of the skull, the heart of Onigashima. They have been confined there for 20 years. They are coming through through a hole created during the chaos. The hole and chaos around the island is their "window of opportunity" to finally be free from their fate imposed by their father. And they stand over Kaido, not to be under his shadow. But he still stands before them as a final obstacle. It is up to Yamato and their new allies to finally crush this obstacle, the physical manifestation of Yamato's shackled life.

Sanji speed is insane

perospero shot the rain arrow before Sanji arrive and the arrow almost land on the smaurai

then queen is 5 inches away from killing chopper

Sanji not only blitz to queen in light speed he also blocked all the arrows and ko perospero
:steef:
When Niji taunts him over his speed it feels a bit weird because we were already shown during that very arc that Sanji is incredibly fast. He sent Oven flying, grabbed Chiffon and ran off with her all before she could hit the ground. I guess Oda is just trying to say that Sanji is definitely FAST but the raidsuit can make him much, much faster. I still maintain that he could body any one of his siblings and Judge without his raidsuit while they're wearing theirs, though. Some might disagree but eh.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not only Momo was confused, we as readers, were also confused.

Did some reader predicted it? Yes.
Was it shocking reveal? No
Was there any proper build-up for this? No (Not even from Roger+Oden's Flashback).

Did it seem as last minute solution? Yes

Besides that, you also agreed that there was no communication between humans in OP universe, so @Jew D. Boy's claim is somehow justified.
He’s also got a point, this would be the first tangible example of human-to-human communication through VOAT. It’s feasible that the ability filters all “voices” into a singular generic tone, maybe that’s why Momo didn’t recognize Luffy’s words as coming from the man himself. I believe that would be a completely ridiculous explanation, but as far as Oda’s narrative errors go, this one is relatively benign, it’s just more obvious than most of the others.

do you even realize what you're saying? sanji the self proclaimed gentleman always delivers lackluster fights, and compromising himself and his crews safety due to his supposed code of chivalry.
zoro never attacked an enemy that's not aware of his presence, the deference in numbers doesn't undermine zoro's or the other four's honor, as long as kaido and big mom were fine with it and knew who their opponents were.
luffy had to depend on others on multiple occasions, that doesn't mean he abandoned his honor.

sanji should be grouped with the likes of flampe, from the way he just butts in people's fights without notice or invitation, surprising opponents with cheap shots.
Blah blah blah Lol
He’s got zero honor
Post automatically merged:

You are just being salty bro Zoro already embraced his piracy all the way back in ch 17.
He is honorable but not stupid facing an emperor of the sea alone while they are already vastly outnumbered would be. Kaido himself is a scum doesn't have the slightest bit of honor why would even Zoro need to uphold anything against someone like him.
Pirate Bushido lol

Kaido clearly said to Kinemon "It's not easy. But sometimes you have to accept defeat." Then after that he comments about "honorable death".

Now, about the ZKK scenario you guys often talking about. Scenario is basically:
Luffy defeats Kaido -> Luffy collapsed yet Kaido stands up again with zoan recovery -> Kaido can't accept defeat then he goes ham, either targetting unconscious Luffy or running amok in Flower Capital -> ZKK.

Connecting the events above, Kaido should just accept defeat after Luffy defeated him. Based on what he said to Kinemon, he shouldn't wake up to attack Luffy again post his defeat (unless he is being a hypocrite to Kinemon).

Then about the "honorable death" part, being killed by Zoro after trying to either attack sitting duck Luffy or going rampage post his defeat doesn't sound like "honorable death" to me.
Honorable death fits more with a scenario like, Luffy defeats him, then either Marine or CP0 come then Kaido pulled a Zephyr to end the arc. And a final good moment for him and Yamato before his death.

What do you think? @Cinera @Aknolagon @Rivaille @Guan Yu @HA001 etc.
I think that's where it's gonna be interesting bro. Kaido said "people should accept defeat" but he also wants "honorable death". Here Kaido mentions again the word "death", Luffy doesn't kill but Zoro does. What if actually Oda shows Kaido as bad loser and starts to do the opposite of what he was saying.
Luffy will definitely defeat Kaido but Zoro will finish him. Both are portrayed as the saviour of Wano. I don't think the fact Kaido is bringing Onigashime above the capital is necessary and makes sense except showing to the entire Wano that the new Ryuma appeared. Because Kaido could have been defeated just in onigashima by Luffy. But no, Oda is preparing something crazy :)
And for real, it will be weird to see the WSC lying on the ground being defeated.
Post automatically merged:

@nik87 @Paperchampion23 @Aknolagon
reasons why zoro not fighting king and marco will be the one who beat him

"Chapter 403, Sanji was defeated by Kalifa, Nami replaced the fight and complimented him. 10 chapters later, chapter 413, Sanji made an appearance and saved Usopp from Jabra. Then he made a speech to boost Usopp's confidence. Chapter 1005, Sanji was captured by Black Maria, Robin replaced the fight and complimented him. 10 chapters later, chapter 1015, Sanji made an appearance and saved Chopper from Queen. Then he made a speech to boost Chopper's confidence. Oda, you magnificient bastard"

Wouldn't that make Marco the zoro of ennies Lobby ? He held off King and Queen (kaku and jabra) And kept chopper (ussop) safe long enough for sanji to come in and save chopper (ussop)
No, accept the truth baka zowo!
I know somewhere inside your little heart, you are also waiting for king vs zoro :kata:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.