Questions & Mysteries Why Kaido Didn’t Put Rayleigh (Also Figarland) in His List?

Why Kaido didn't put Prime Rayleigh in his list?

• Total voters
Oden died in chains, he didn't have Rayleighs level of ryuo.
Rayleigh was more skilled in haki, but I think Oden had more monstrous base stats though.

I think Kaido focused on the strong ones that played the most impact in his life, Rayleigh was kind of a follower, wheras Roger and WB are Kaido's idols from a strength/piracy perspective, Oden was Kaido's nemesis, Shanks is his contemporary yonko and Rocks was his captain.

It could be that ones were the only ones to be confirmed for now to have adv coc (Roger and WB show it, Shanks 99% has it, Xebec should too by hype, Oden was on par/beat Kaido). Or simply if Oda has to put everybody in that flashback image, so Garp, Ray, maybe Sengoku, BM?, others? Oda choose to put there just the very top (and Oden who fough with Kaido and draw/win). Or maybe that can simply be explained by these ones where thebones that Kaido fought with or at least has seen them.fight.

Just means Rayleigh didn't leave an impression on Kaido since Kaido didn't acknowledge him. Doesn't necessarily mean Rayleigh is weaker than those mentioned, in fact Kaido might have never even fought Rayleigh. I wouldn't use this to prove Rayligh is weaker than x pirate shown after Luffy hit Kaido but that was good hype for those dudes mentioned. Rayleigh was and is hella strong, seen by old him being capable of clashing with Kizaru. Him not being on Kaido's list doesn't mean he's multiple tiers below Oden or anything like that. I'm not saying he's stronger than those guys mentioned either, just that this isn't firm proof.

Oh yeah, because Kaido fought everyone in the One piece verse when they were in their prime. Like fr, how is Kaido going to power scale Rayleigh when he didn't even fight him? Kaido probably wasn't even born when Rayleigh was at his late twenties. Current Kaido is around 50 years old and Rayleigh right now is 78. Rayleigh was alr whooping asses when Kaido was still drinking milk from his mother's titties.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Kaido definitely came a long way but overall I have no substantial reason to believe that Prime Rayleigh was weaker than him when we factor just how Mihawk looks portrayed as clearly superior to Kaido or even Kizaru assuming Zoro will one man him during the Final War, and Prime Rayleigh was presumably not inferior to a full power Kizaru.

Oh yeah, because Kaido fought everyone in the One piece verse when they were in their prime. Like fr, how is Kaido going to power scale Rayleigh when he didn't even fight him? Kaido probably wasn't even born when Rayleigh was at his late twenties. Current Kaido is around 50 years old and Rayleigh right now is 78. Rayleigh was alr whooping asses when Kaido was still drinking milk from his mother titties.
Nah man, Oden > Mihawk, C3, Fuji, Greenbull, Garp, Sengoku, Rayleigh, Shiki, Blackbeard and so on. Who cares about feats and overall portrayal.

That's the right interpretation of chapter 1001, obviously :suresure:

P.S. : He loses to every single one of them.

He just pictured the most impactful people he encountered, who also happen(ed) to be the strongest of their times. But still, Rayleigh's hype is great. Considered to be not Roger's subordinate but his partner, a name that makes everyone tremble in fear and respect (including Jinbe, who gave a shit about Big Mom), with Garp saying it isn't wise to take on 2 legends at once when referring to Whitebeard and Rayleigh. With Rayleigh even when old and rusty, stalling a marine admiral (the WG's strongest military force).

He's a conqueror, he knows barrier Haki and internal destruction Haki. He most likely can coat his attacks with CoC, given Zoro at this stage could achieve that too while still not being on prime Ray's level.

Tengu said Oden couldn't achieve a black blade, implying that is a rank only the strongest swordsmen can achieve. Now one could ask, why didn't Roger have a black blade. I think because he fights differently, while a black blade is the epitome of cutting. "To cut everything and nothing". Unlike Roger, who throws Haki barriers with his sword, Oden is a pure swordsman in the sense that he is focused on powerful cuts, no barriers whatsoever. That's the exact same fighting style Zoro and Mihawk have. Literally, there is no difference in their fighting style.

Tengu said Oden couldn't achieve a black blade, implying that is a rank only the strongest swordsmen can achieve. Now one could ask, why didn't Roger have a black blade. I think because he fights differently, while a black blade is the epitome of cutting. "To cut everything and nothing". Unlike Roger, who throws Haki barriers with his sword, Oden is a pure swordsman
Shiki who's stronger then mihawk, doesn't have a black blade and he cuts, theres nothing suggesting mihawk>oden

Tengu said Oden couldn't achieve a black blade, implying that is a rank only the strongest swordsmen can achieve. Now one could ask, why didn't Roger have a black blade. I think because he fights differently, while a black blade is the epitome of cutting. "To cut everything and nothing". Unlike Roger, who throws Haki barriers with his sword, Oden is a pure swordsman in the sense that he is focused on powerful cuts, no barriers whatsoever. That's the exact same fighting style Zoro and Mihawk have. Literally, there is no difference in their fighting style.
I obviously think that Mihawk > Oden lol

:gokulaugh::gokulaugh:Mention in the same breath as Roger, said to stand on equal footing in strength, took prime garp and prime sengoku to take down whilst mihawk admits a distance from Sick WB
But mihawk is stronger mihawk wank is hilarious.
It's not just about cutting. There are levels to the power of swordsmanship, which is a combination of high level CoA, possibly adv. CoC and swordsmanship itself. Not without reason Zoro asked Mihawk to teach him the "way of the sword".
Excuses, I thought fujitora was a swordsmen, but he didn't dare cut anything with his sword

Last edited: