Who should be the next mod of the spoiler thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely true as well. Enies Lobby was much shorter and much better than this arc too! This arc is even trying to imitate previous arcs including Enies Lobby! I loved EVERY ARC pre TS, everyone one of them had stuff I loved easily, even the "Dreaded Foxy arc" which I really enjoyed too! I was laughing at rewatching some scenes from it recently too!

Oda started taking the story too seriously and it went downhill from there imo. One Piece peaked at from Water 7 through to Marineford but especially Sabaody pre TS for different reasons. I still remember the actual horror of the Sabaody arc and how it completely caught me off guard and blew my mind back then. I had to take time out and recover from the shock, my heart was broken, my mind was blown and my soul felt like it was gone. I had never seen anything like that in a story before now and I still even remember now after all these YEARS how I felt in that moment like it happened yesterday!

One Piece was such a whimsical, adventurous series with some amazing emotional and character moments and intertwined stories throughout, lots of tragedy but beauty, heart, joy and so on too.

It really felt like in its a league of its own. Now its ruled at the top for too long and like anyone in power for too long, it has been corrupted by that power and lost what made it so special in the first place, that drive, that ambition and adventure to be greater, to even be the greatest in the first place.
30 chapters in Alabasta Usopp/Chopper fight was already over (it is actually the case), soon to be followed by Sanji, Nami and Zoro fights. All showing new moves, techniques and having cool character moments in like 2-3 dedicated chapters each.
110 chapters in Onigashima Nami/Usopp get a super underwhelming rushed win against Big Mom's leftover and other topi roppo fights are happening off-screen :josad:

Zoro's feats on the rooftop can't be upstaged by Yamato, because a) Zoro had feats vs Kaido + BM b) Permanently wounded Hybrid Kaido. We know Yamato can't do as good as a) and can only do as much as b) (vs a weaker Kaido) since Yamato isn't defeating Kaido.
I think you all are to focused on feats when we already have narrative. Zoro and Sanji are established as right and left Hans of Pirate King. Don't worry, Yamato can show feats above Luffy, the fact that they'll join the Strawhats just means Monster trio will be above they.

30 chapters in Alabasta Usopp/Chopper fight was already over (it is actually the case), soon to be followed by Sanji, Nami and Zoro fights. All showing new moves, techniques and having cool character moments in like 2-3 dedicated chapters each.
110 chapters in Onigashima Nami/Usopp get a super underwhelming rushed win against Big Mom's leftover and other topi roppo fights are happening off-screen :josad:
This is all because Oda loves the side characters more than strawhats. There have been 3 Tama chapters in this raid and 1 Nico Robin panel.

Imagine giving chapters to hyogoro when he won't be relevant post Wano
This is the tontatas all over again

G

Gorosei Informer

The problem is that while people praise One Piece for how big the scale is and how developped the world is, having so many different characters and different plots in the same arcs make a lot of things feel rushed or messy because Oda would never be able to finish the series otherwise (Wano is already extremely long). Oda adding new characters every arc doesn't help either
Completely true. Overambition is dangerous and in a series all about ambition, Oda should really know better. Its like the same problem with these massive open world video games, they end up being a LOT of copy paste, extremely reptitive, empty, bland, tedious, boring, generic, lazy etc (you can tell I hate them lmao). I call them the fast food of video games in some ways, but there are other games that fit that metaphor or simile or whatever?

I really weep for the wasted potential of many, many parts and characters of One Piece. If other mangaka failed with MUCH less than what Oda has done, what makes him think he will succeed? Especially when he's proven already he can't handle it and realistically speaking, nobody should be able to, especially when so determinedly working alone on something ofc!

People value size over a lot of other things way too much in many aspects of life (Dont start with "the D jokes" lmao) but size really does matter in this world, WAY more than it ever should.

Expect a 100+ named giants in Elbaf
People thinking Elbaf will be 40 chapters long are delusional
They should expect 150+ chapters[/QUOTE
This is exactly what I'm scared of. In concept this might sound amazing but it almost makes me want to see Elbaf get skipped if this is gonna happen. I know Elbaf hypers and fans of Norse culture, giants, Usopp etc will potentially disagree, even disgaree strongly but I really cannot handle another arc of this length and pacing.

But this is exactly what I fear is going to happen too. Especially if it's Shanks arc too and maybe Blackbeards as well? Big Mom is bound to be involved too and god knows who else? We still have Weevil, The Revolutionaries, Urouge, Bonney, Mihawk, Vegapunk, CP0, Green Bull, SSG and so on, sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.