Powers & Abilities Zoro Ashura

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I see Ashura brought up for Zoro all the time in versus battles. Most just assume that the power trumps anything that would give Zoro a hard fight. How are we sure that Oda has not scrapped Ashura?
It has only been used once in the story. What if it's like Douriki and Oda decided to simply scrap it.

The ass pull powerups that the other M3 got in EL has been utilized consistently throughout the story. Ashura is the only exception. In the arc after EL, Zoro got a more standard and accepted PU by getting the black blade shusui.

I think Ashura shouldn't be such a staple in discussion because there is no consistent showing of it. Gears are consistent and Luffy even for better with them Post Time skip. The same goes for DJ which Sanji shows consistent usage of and has improved it. Ashura is not a given like the other two powers. Zoros external power ups come from getting better weapons or mastering a good weapon.

What do you guys think. This is not a flame thread. I'm neither a Zoro or Sanji fan. My fandom lies in the Big Mama family.

Cheers
The only part of your post I take issue with is the last sentence...how can you root for the Charlottes over the protagonists?!

OT: Regardless of whether or not it’s been used since Enies Lobby, it IS a skill Zoro has and could show in the future. It’s like sports; once an athlete proves they can do something special, they’re known for that ability even if they don’t rely on it that much. While I think it would be cool to see him use this technique again, I think you’re right that his swords (first Shusui, then Enma) serve as a more consistent and demonstrable power up, so even though he COULD use Ashura at will, he probably won’t.

The only part of your post I take issue with is the last sentence...how can you root for the Charlottes over the protagonists?!
Umm...that's ok I think.

With so many characters it's great to have a variety in fans.

Oda would be proud of such thing...(but not about the theme of the thread lol).
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for stating what you guys always do.
Sorry for bending your opinions *

Be more honest pal ;)

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Umm...that's ok I think.

With so many characters it's great to have a variety in fans.

Oda would be proud of such thing...(but not about the theme of the thread lol).
Post automatically merged:

Sorry for bending your opinions *

Be more honest pal ;)
I was being facetious...I don’t really care who likes which characters, since there’s literally a thousand to choose from. Just haven’t heard anyone profess actual affinity for Big Mom and crew.

Reason he hasn't used it is cause he hasn't really hasn't needed to tbh
The strongest opponents hes fought were more or less messy fights with vet level characters

Also unlike luffy or sanji with their el power ups zoro didnt incorporate ashura into his base. Low key probably because oda didn't want to draw it all the time lol.
Like while luffy and sanji look pretty much the same with pretty simple differences while zoro hets 4 more arms and 2 more heads

I just hope oda sensei gives an explanation for Asura, maybe next time zoro uses it, he will give an explanation. I can understand diable jumble and luffy’s gears but Asura? What the hell is that? It really feels like an asspull TBH.

And as for the question of this thread, I think we all know why he hasn’t used it, it is very simple. It’s just that his enemies were simply not strong enough

I just hope oda sensei gives an explanation for Asura, maybe next time zoro uses it, he will give an explanation. I can understand diable jumble and luffy’s gears but Asura? What the hell is that? It really feels like an asspull TBH.

And as for the question of this thread, I think we all know why he hasn’t used it, it is very simple. It’s just that his enemies were simply not strong enough
Well the devil,beast ,demon theme is very tied to Zoro.

Oda can easily take that route tbh....

Rayleigh has the Dark King epithet...

Well the devil,beast ,demon theme is very tied to Zoro.

Oda can easily take that route tbh....

Rayleigh has the Dark King epithet...
I don’t know why you mentioned rayleigh’s Epithet but anyway. devil, demon, Yes that’s how he is described but what that’s gotta do with this, Asura feels like a devil fruit magic power, just because people see him as demon and describe as one he zoro developed a demon technique!!?well okay. Or you mean he is half human half demon?..or something else?..

Either way I don’t really care how he got this power, As long as explanation from ODA makes sense. Even if he doesn’t give an explanation, it’s fine but I really do want to know what this Asura is about, I have seen some good fan theories but they are only theories.

Last edited:
Luffy's G3 was stronger than Asura, it's not suddenly going to be in G4 level.

Also saying that Asura one-shotted Kaku is retarded as well, that's ignoring every damage Kaku has taken in that battle, Zoro clearly cut Kaku before hitting him with Asura.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

Also saying that Asura one-shotted Kaku is retarded as well, that's ignoring every damage Kaku has taken in that battle, Zoro clearly cut Kaku before hitting him with Asura.
Nope. Lucci stayed in zoan form. Kaku didnt.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
I don’t know why you mentioned rayleigh’s Epithet but anyway. devil, demon, Yes that’s how he is described but what that’s gotta do with this, Asura feels like a devil fruit magic power, just because people see him as demon and describe as one he zoro developed a demon technique!!?well okay. Or you mean he is half human half demon?..or something else?..

Either way I don’t really care how he got this power, As long as explanation from ODA makes sense. Even if he doesn’t give an explanation, it’s fine but I really do want to know what this Asura is about, I have seen some good fan theories but they are only theories.
Watch it revealed to be Haki, like the breath of all things was lol

The only other damage Kaku took was a graze to his side from one of Zoro’s attacks that he wasn’t able to fully evade. Saying Kaku was one shot is more accurate than saying Vergo was one shot, but people still say it. :kayneshrug: