Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized that ZKK is incompatible with Yamato joining the crew. Imagine the scene "We killed your father. Join our crew!". Yes,she hates him,but how much? I mean,she knows he is a villain,but its still his father,it would be...awkward? I dont know. Also,in this chapter she talks about "kicking him out of Wano" and not about "killing him" or "Luffy killing him".

Jinbei’s also kind of responsible for his adoptive brother killing Nami’s mother, so it’s not like there haven’t been awkward Strawhat relationships before.

Rather ironic post considering your counter argument, lmao.

Jinbe uses fishman karate, the manipulation of water in the body and uses sumo throws and grabs. A unique fighting style. Luffy uses his rubber body to stretch and build up force. Although they both use fists, everyone knows that these are different fighting styles.

Yamao uses her club to swing and hit. Unlike the case with Jinbe and Luffy, there's truly nothing more we can say about Yamao's fighting style since no distinction has been made to highlight why it is special. As opposed to say with Zoro and Brook being power vs speed swordsmen.

Nami now uses her weapon in the exact same way as Yamao, except she can also do countless other things on top.

Guess Oda decided the face alone wasn't enough of a similarity. Oda had to give Nami Yamao's weapon too. Oni Nami through and through.
Nami
Is
Physically
Weak

I just realized that ZKK is incompatible with Yamato joining the crew. Imagine the scene "We killed your father. Join our crew!". Yes,she hates him,but how much? I mean,she knows he is a villain,but he is still her father,it would be...awkward? I dont know. Also,in this chapter she talks about "kicking him out of Wano" and not about "killing him" or "Luffy killing him".
It will probably be Kaido to ask for an honorable death to be honest. That strikes as quite compatible. "Perfection can be found in death" over rottening in a prison forever. Besides, I'm not even that sure she would give too much of a damn about his death considering the implications. I don't think she would venture herself as deep as offing him personally however, yes.

Nami's new power up spells more bad news for Yamao's chances.

She now has a club, just like Yamao. Except that Nami's is infinitely more unique as it is sentient, can change shape and can also be used for all her other tempo attacks. Once again highlights how special straw hats' weapons/fighting styles are and that Yamao's just can't compete.

If Oda was gonna have a club user join the crew then he likely would've given the weapon any of the 3 special characteristics that Nami's weapon now has, instead of simply leaving it as a generic fodder weapon.
the coping lol

I'm back again! Just in time, fresh from the latest chapter...

Yamato for Straw Hat let's gooooo!

:optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:
Let's go!

btw didn't Zeus officially kinda join SHs? :milaugh:
Yes... As a living weapon, like a pet/companion...

Carrot will join SHs but only after Caribou joins SHs :myman:
To be fair with Caribou, his chances are just a razor thin step behind Carrot...

Nami literally has 0 physical power. That club might aswell be back masage for anyone serious
If that indicates something, I'm expecting Zeus to shapeshift Sorcery Clima Tact into an electric claw which is more fitting as a similarity...

Jinbei’s also kind of responsible for his adoptive brother killing Nami’s mother, so it’s not like there haven’t been awkward Strawhat relationships before.
Nothing's more awkward than letting a direct catalyst of one of the suffering of a friend join the crew after saving her... Robin is Croc's right-hand in the Alabasta operations...

First off, I'm not going to tackle the height stuffs as those aren't really a point of concern in joining the crew, unless a giant is involved...

On the issue of Oden's journal, just want to share these pointers:
  • Oden had high respects to Roger and his crew, there's no way Oden will write "the spoilers" there...
  • What could be the important stuffs written there? Only those which are related to Wano for sure... Does it contains spoilers? Likely not, read the 1st bullet...
  • Why write those Wano stuffs? Oden is aware that it's possible that he will perish before the fact can even be passed on... If that happens, how would Wano be prepared for the return of Joyboy?
  • Look at Oda's emphasis with the importance of Momo, that means that the main point of the journal is that Momo has to be there the moment Joyboy arrives...
  • Yes, it's in a similar relevance to the revelation of the identity of Poseidon and the knowledge of Pluton... Both "detailed" knowledge possessed by Robin and Franky... What does that imply to Uranus? That I won't answer here because that's another topic...
  • Yamato having knowledge of those stuffs won't disqualify her of joining...
  • Luffy didn't even care about the journal containing "important stuffs" as Yamato mentioned...
  • If the journal contains spoilers about Laugh Tale then Oda must have shown Oden or Toki worrying about its whereabouts, especially that it could end up with the possession of wrong people... Toki should've known the spoilers... The Scabbards should've gotten some few hints, especially Kanjuro...
  • Should there be spoilers, that only proves Rayleigh's speculations that what they learned can be misinterpretations...
  • Directions? Landmarks? Do note that even a famous food store in your local area 20 years ago can possibly be replaced by something else these days... Imagine Nami and Robin asking Yamato where did Oden and others found the 4th Road Poneglyph, Yamato will just answer Fishman Island, we all know it's not even there anymore... Also, if one of the routes written on Oden's journal says "a certain peaceful town", the crew would be in trouble if it turns out to be the new Marine HQ for example...
At this point, those who believe that Yamato will stay as a retainer should, by now, be convinced that she won't be a retainer even declaring that she will join Luffy... Even if Luffy declines, it would just be like Oden begging to join WB, Nami and Robin "forcing" themselves in... In short, Yamato will make Luffy have no choice but to let her in... The latest chapter basically debunked the belief that Yamato meeting Momo changed her mind...

This is hialrious.

Nami the weather "clubswoman" Vs Yamato the CoC clubswoman

There, now theyre fine
It has been specifically mentioned in the series that there are different types of swordsmen. And this isn't just referring to how many swords they use.

I can't find the exact panel where it explicitly stated speed and power swordsmen (might have been a mistranslation), but this here means the same thing.

Brook uses quick light attacks. Jabs resembling fencing. Whilst Zoro uses heavy powerful flows. Oda made a distinction between the two. Not to mention that Brook can also use his sword to play music on his violin as well as the added uniqueness of it being disguised as a cane.

Explain how Yamao's club skills are any different than the average mook other than hitting harder? CoC isn't a fighting style, it's a skill you add to an existing fighting style.

Not to mention that Brook can also use his sword to play music on his violin as well as the added uniqueness of it being disguised as a cane.
And Nami's "club" is disguised as a staff.
Explain how Yamao's club skills are any different than the average mook other than hitting harder?
Because she was trained by the best Club user in the OPverse. Yamato is an experienced club user while Nami lets Zeus do all the work.

U trying to paint Nami as a club user off of one panel is actually insane. Shes literally been a staff fighter since the first volume. Its as genuine as calling Usopp a Mallet user.

Status
Not open for further replies.