Theory Jinbe's True Color - The Revised Color Theory

Introduction

Hello, everyone!

It is simultaneously a sad and glorious day for me, my friends. With the first volume of the second season of the Vivre Card Databook, Oda has finally graced us with Jinbe's official theme color, a revelation that I've been eagerly awaiting for several years now, and...

...it's ocher. Huh.

Not a deeper blue like azure or indigo as I envisioned, nor a greenish aqua like others have suggested, not even a sunny orange or yellow as I've occasionally seen thrown around, but ocher, a light brown.

Specifically, the variety of ocher in question is oudoiro (黄土色), or "yellow earth color" in Japanese, implying that Oda is referring to a shade that leans more towards yellow than orange or red. As near as I can find, this tends to be on the darker end of the ocher spectrum and doesn't really show up in Jinbe's color scheme at all. Honestly, it seems more like an Usopp color to me given that his original outfit was made up more of yellowish-browns or olives than true yellows.

It wasn't until Enies Lobby when Usopp donned the Sogeking mask that he really incorporated yellow into his outfit, though it may be worth noting that the SBS that established the crew's theme colors was right after Sogeking's introduction. Beyond that, Usopp didn't use yellow as the base color of his outfits until after the timeskip, though some color pages did make his bandana look more yellow than others.

Looking through Jinbe's outfits, it seems like Oda goes out of his way to incorporate some amount of orange into each of them, so I would think that he'd go with something like vermilion or saffron.

It isn't unheard of for a Straw Hat's theme color not to show up in their color scheme very often, such as Sanji's outfits past his introduction having a tendency not to feature much blue and instead favoring yellow or red, but Jinbe's outfits very clearly tend to incorporate orange and yellow.

My best guess is that Oda's decision to go with ocher isn't outfit-based like with Luffy, Usopp, or Robin, but rather hair-based like with Nami, Zoro, and Franky. Though mostly black-haired, Jinbe's most notable trait aside from his Fishman traits would probably be the two light brown streaks in his hair and his curly light brown eyebrows and sideburns. Though they are a lighter brown than the oudoiro shade of ocher cited by Oda, I would say more of a khaki or a tan, they do certainly give a consistent splash of brown in his color scheme, making it a bit easier to swallow.

This is supported by Jinbe's fourth and fifth outfits, those that he wore when officially leaving the Big Mom Pirates in order to join the Straw Hat Crew and when rejoining the crew for the raid on Onigashima: the light brown flowery accents around the skull and crossbones on outfit four and the concentric squares on outfit five are quite close to the color of his hair. If his theme color is meant to come from his hair, it would make sense for that color to start appearing more often in his outfits at the point where he's officially allying himself with the Straw Hat Crew. This was also the case with Robin, who only started wearing purple when she joined the Straw Hats.

Robin's first outfit is a very dark blue, looking almost black, while her second outfit, the one she wore when inviting herself into the Straw Hat Crew, is entirely purple, both light and dark. This may imply that theme colors aren't necessarily derived from the first outfit a character wears, rather the color they're wearing during a key moment or when allying themselves with the Straw Hats. That's a topic for later though.

For the moment, because of what colors Oda has used when depicting Jinbe, I'm inclined to consider the lighter, yellower brown as the ocher Oda intended, but honestly, Jinbe's theme color isn't really what we're here to talk about. Whether Oda wanted to use true ocher or khaki or cream or tan or whatever doesn't matter. It's some kind of brown, and that's something we can expect to see reflected in color pages like Chapter 872's Mugiwara 56, and that's all there is to it.

No, what we're here to discuss is what this means going forward.

Previous Theory

As I said earlier, this is a sad day for me. While I'm very happy to finally know Jinbe's color, it is quite upsetting to see it be something other than a shade of blue...

...because it means that I was wrong.

Yes, I know, my track record up to this point has been infallible, but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

As you may recall, I once referenced my original color theory as one of the miscellaneous patterns that helped suggest Monet as a possible Straw Hat in my Grand Monet Theory. To summarize, I suggested that Oda was likely basing the theme colors for the Straw Hats off of either the Red-Yellow-Blue (RYB) or Red-Green-Blue (RGB) color models and that RYB couldn't possibly be the basis because it couldn't properly account for Franky or Chopper.

Though depicted in the same spot on the wheel, the magenta used in RYB is not comparable to the rose used in RGB, and certainly not to the pink (ピンク, pinku, pink transliterated into katakana) that Oda uses as Chopper's theme color. Similarly, the teal used in RYB is much darker than Franky's light blue (水色, mizuiro, lit. water color, aqua), which in turn is much closer to the cyan used in RGB. Consequently, I suggested that the RGB model was more likely, especially because it included a third blue option, azure, for Jinbe.

I then suggested that Monet would fill the chartreuse slot, Carrot the spring green/viridian slot because of her consistent usage of green in her outfits, and Pudding the magenta slot as her character arc so greatly lent itself to implying she'd be recruited.

Of course, both of these options preclude any shade of brown, up to and including ocher. Therefore, the revelation that Jinbe's theme color is ocher immediately throws out the possibility of either the RYB or RGB color models being the basis for the Straw Hat theme colors.

However, this does not mean that we cannot continue to make speculations based on the known theme colors.

Implications

Rather than forcing the crew to adhere to the frameworks of real-life color theory principles, it seems that the intended structure may be more internal. Because Oda didn't go with the most obvious route of using a third blue, it would appear that he is trying to be more balanced by sticking to only two variants of each basic color. Shout out to Oro Jackson user DevilChild93 for suggesting this in the comments of my original theory all the way back in 2017 and even calling that Jinbe would get a yellow-like color, even if you guessed lemon instead of ocher. You were truly ahead of your time.

To that end, let's start by basing our new framework around RYB rather than RGB, as it only really has two each of blue and green, then edit everything else as needed. Since their colors line up perfectly, we can safely put Luffy in red, Nami in orange, Usopp in yellow, Zoro in green, Sanji in blue, and Robin in purple. We'll also put Brook in the center to cover his black and white theme.

As we've established, Chopper and Franky are left out because there is no pink or light blue/cyan on this wheel, instead opting for a dark magenta and a teal. To that end, we'll swap them out for their appropriate colors. Because pink is typically achieved by mixing white and red, we will consider pink to be our secondary red.

Franky's cyan, obviously, is our secondary blue. This means that no other iterations of blue such as azure, cobalt, sky, or navy will be considered. Sorry to anyone who was hoping for a hooloovoo Straw Hat.

Now, while amber and vermilion both fit a lot of Jinbe's orange outfits, we have to remove one of them in the interest of adding in ocher. Given that ocher is closer to yellow than red (it is called yellow earth color, after all), I think it's safe to put it between orange and yellow rather than between orange and red, especially since we're currently operating under the assumption that it refers to Jinbe's blonde streaks.

This leaves us with a slot open for a secondary orange, green and purple, though since everyone else we've looked at in the secondary color slots has deviated from the RYB model, these slots are not necessarily going to be vermilion, chartreuse, and violet.

For the secondary orange slot, Oda may not want something that at a glance could be viewed as or confused with Nami's orange (オレンジ, orenji). Therefore, he could use the popular fan request of brown (茶色, chairo, lit. tea color). Though brown is colloquially considered its own color, it is actually a dark shade of orange. Since we're already using a yellow shade of brown with ocher, it's somewhat odd that Oda didn't refer to Jinbe's color as chairo and instead opted for the less common oudoiro. It's entirely possible that this was to leave room for a character who uses a more traditional shade of brown while also allowing Jinbe to be the secondary yellow and not pigeonholing him into the secondary orange position.

Of course, a sufficiently dark orange such as vermilion (朱色, shuiro, lit. cinnabar color) could easily be differentiated from Nami's bright orenji, so it may be a moot point. Since Oda used orenji, the more commonly used term for orange in modern Japanese, as opposed to the more traditional daidaiiro (橙色, lit. bitter orange color), it's also possible that Oda would present them as two different colors. I'm not inclined to believe he would, but it's a possibility. Since Oda clearly isn't worried about referencing the colors he's already used, he could also use akadaidai (赤橙, red-orange), but unlike oudoiro (yellow earth color) which only references the color it's supposed to be related to, akadaidai could confuse whether it's supposed to be considered a red or an orange, so I don't think that's what he'd go with. Lastly, even though amber (琥珀色, kohakuiro OR アンバー, anbaa) is a shade between orange and yellow and our secondary yellow slot has been used, we're more worried about category than placement, so it doesn't really matter if our secondary orange has some yellow in it.

Green also has a number of ways to differentiate from Zoro's green (緑, midori OR ryoku), including lighter and yellow-ish shades such as the aforementioned chartreuse (若草色, wakakusairo, lit. fresh grass green OR シャルトルーズ, sharutoruuzu), jade (ジェイド, jeido, OR 翡翠色, hisuiiro, lit. jade/kingfisher green) and matchairo (抹茶色, lit. tea-green, yellow-green), deeper shades like emerald (エメラルドグリーン, emurarudo guriin), or more blue-ish shades like kamonohairo (鴨の羽色, lit. duck feather color, teal green) and turquoise (トルコ石色, torukoishiiro, lit. turquoise stone color, OR 青緑, aomidori/seiryoku, lit. blue-green). Again, I'm inclined to avoid the blues on the basis that Oda has clearly made an effort to distance himself from them, but it wouldn't be unreasonable for him to work in more blues by making them closer to green. Of course, there are several more possible names Oda could use, these are just ones that I'm tossing out based on the colors I've seen from our candidates. I find matchairo particularly interesting on the basis that it uses the same kanji as chairo, which again could serve as an explanation for why Jinbe's color is oudoiro instead of chairo; if Oda already intends to use a tea color, he may have wanted to avoid that overlap.

Purple (紫, murasaki) can either be fairly simple by sticking to more neutral shades of purple or somewhat more complicated by veering a bit closer to red or blue. If Oda wants it to look closer to Robin's purple, he could use the previously established and somewhat deeper violet (菫色, sumeiro, lit. violet color) or lighter shades like lavender (藤色, fujiiro, lit. wisteria color OR ラベンダー色, rabendaairo) or lilac (淡紫色, tanshishoku, lit. light purple color OR ライラック色, rairakkuiro). If Oda is willing to dip a bit close to blue, he could use a more purple shade of indigo (藍色, aiiro), though it's hard to say if he'd still consider it indigo if it isn't the traditional deep Japan blue.

The redder end of the purple spectrum is where we have to get a bit technical. Lighter red-purples like magenta (マゼンタ, mazenta) or fuchsia (フューシャ, fyuusha) are traditionally more like pinks than purples, whereas deeper shades like maroon (栗色, lit. chestnut color OR マルーン, maruun) or burgundy (葡萄酒色, budoushuiro, lit. wine color OR バーガンディー, baagandi) are traditionally more brown or red. Depending on how they're portrayed, they can look more purple, and I believe that the examples I've found fit that mold on the basis that they tend to look similar to the shade of magenta seen in RYB.

I think it's also worth noting that if we assume there are two Straw Hats for each set of colors and assume that the traditional Straw Hat 13 Theory isn't necessarily correct, we would still need a counterpart to Brook's black and white, which Oda presented as white (black) [白(黒), shiro (kuro)], implying to me that white is meant to be the more central theme. That said, the kanji in question can also be taken to mean monochrome (白黒, shirokuro), suggesting that he covers the entire colorless spectrum. Still, if Brook is meant to represent the two extremes, logically the secondary monochrome color would be the neutral grey (灰色, haiiro, lit. ash color). Given the longstanding acceptance of the Straw Hat 13 Theory and the various pieces of evidence that back it up such as the MFMM Pattern, I'm inclined to believe that Oda does not intend to give us a fourteenth grey Straw Hat. If he were going to give us a fourteenth, I would imagine he would have only given Brook one color to make space for the second. Who knows, though, perhaps he wanted to have all three, black, white, and grey, without having fifteen Straw Hats. Or he figured we'd theorize about black or white if he only used one and is trying to slip grey under our noses.

Finally, if we assume her theme is related despite being an honorary rather than official Straw Hat, we need to consider Vivi's theme of white and gold. Like with Brook's white (black), Oda presented Vivi's theme as white (gold) [白(金), shiro (kin)], implying that white is more important while also differentiating how her color scheme would look in comparison to Brook's. Interestingly, the kanji for white and gold together can be read as shirogane (silver) or hakkin (platinum), implying that her color might not be a "white," but a metallic grey or white. It should be noted though that these readings do not refer to color but the associated metals, and those kanji are not typically used to refer to silver in the first place. If he wanted to refer to the colors, he would probably have directly said silver (銀, gin OR シルバー, shirubaa) or platinum (プラチナ, purachina). Taking her colors at face value, Vivi's gold introduces the possibility that someone could bring silver to the table, possibly in place of grey, though I would imagine they'd be an honorary Straw Hat as well.

Only time will tell which of these colors Oda will end up actually using, but using this framework, we can examine the color schemes of the many candidates for recruitment and conjecture who is eligible for which categories. I'll mainly be focusing on characters who are either currently present in the story or have exhibited evidence that they could be recruited, but I'll acknowledge other possible candidates and honorable mentions in less explicit detail. For simplicity, I'm going to break this down by color and only cover the characters who work best within the category being discussed. I'll explain what other colors I feel work for them, but I only want to talk about any given character once.

When defining how well a character works for each color, I'll be looking at every non-flashback outfit that I can find, prioritizing colors that are either present in a character's first appearance, consistent in all of their appearances, or prevalent when they become an ally to the Straw Hats. Colors will generally be drawn from a character's outfits, but unusual hair colors will also be considered (i.e., not blond, brunet, or titian). Among the Straw Hats, those with unusual hair colors have exclusively had their theme colors match their hair:
  • Luffy - black hair, red comes from the band on his Straw Hat and his classic red vest
  • Zoro - green hair, though he also has a green haramaki
  • Nami - orange hair, presumably not meant to be interpreted as a redhead, orange also derives from her love of tangerines
  • Usopp - black hair, yellow comes from his bandana and possibly the Sogeking mask
  • Sanji - blond hair, blue comes from his original blue dress shirt
  • Chopper - light brown fur that's somewhat unusual for a human but perfectly normal for a deer, pink comes from his hat
  • Robin - black hair, purple comes from the outfit she wore when boarding the Going Merry after Alabasta, most notably the cowboy hat she wore at Jaya that, while I can't find any version colored directly by Oda, seems to be the basis for her personal Jolly Roger which does depict a purple cowboy hat
  • Franky - cyan hair, though he also has cyan stars on his forearms
  • Brook - black hair, but it's hard to say if the black is based on his hair or his suit; white is based on his bones
  • Jinbe - black and ocher hair; though light brown isn't really unusual, this particular shade is, plus it's not generally paired with black
That said, I won't necessarily insist that unusual hair colors have to be the theme colors, just that they will be considered before outfit colors. Vivi, for example, was assigned white and gold as her theme color despite having light blue hair, demonstrating that it isn't a hard and fast rule.

Before we get into who does work for each category, I want to cover the characters who in my opinion don't work for any category.

Eliminations

Despite how broad of a net we're casting with all of the colors we're looking at today, many characters sadly do not fit into our framework either due to not having any of the necessary colors in their color schemes or by not having enough of any given color.

I think it goes without saying at this point, but just for the sake of covering all of our bases, let's talk about Vivi's colors. Since Vivi is an honorary Straw Hat rather than being in the main group, I feel that the implications of her two colors, white and gold, can be ignored. There is no worry about her white overlapping with Brook's black and white, and there is no worry about her gold supplanting Jinbe's ocher as the secondary yellow. If that absolutely needed to happen, I suppose ocher could be moved to the secondary orange slot on the basis of being a brown, but I don't personally believe Vivi will ever become an official Straw Hat on the basis of her character arc, even if she does reunite with the crew to aid them in the final battle as we likely all expect.

Similarly, I've theorized that Momonosuke will be counted as an honorary Straw Hat, and his lack of a unique color may back this up.

Based on his name, his sole consistent outfit and his pink dragon form, I think it's safe to say that Momo's color is going to be pink. Similar to the distinction between orenji and daidaiiro, though, the wording for Momo's pink will likely be the more traditional momoiro (桃色, lit. peach color), the kanji typically used for pink, as opposed to Chopper's more colloquial pinku. Momoiro can be deeper than pinku, especially since Chopper's pink likely derives specifically from sakurairo (桜色, lit. cherry blossom color), a paler shade. Still, the two are a bit too close, and based on how things have gone up to this point, I don't envision the two-of-each-color framework including two pinks. Like I said, if Momo is an honorary Straw Hat like Vivi, this overlap is perfectly acceptable, but if he were to become an official Straw Hat, he'd need to find a different color, and his entire character just doesn't seem to have anything else available at the moment.

Our next candidate to unfortunately be disqualified for his heavy usage of pink is Bentham, whose strong friendship with Luffy has led to some speculation that he could join the crew while others have denied the possibility because of his current status in the depths of Impel Down.

Bentham's pink Okama Way coat is easily the most iconic part of his design, making it difficult to argue that anything else could possibly be his theme color. That said, his mascara is just as enduring a feature, being the only thing he retained when a prisoner at Impel Down, so its purplish-red burgundy could work in a pinch. However, his coat really just seems to be the more notable part of his design to me, so sad as it makes me to say, I don't think his chances are too high.

Next we come to a candidate who used to be a fairly popular pick following beck's Scaling the Red Line, but seems to have fallen out of favor in recent years, likely due to a lack of focus: Tashigi.

The blue of her original jacket stands out as her most iconic visual, though it was replaced by a pink Captain's jacket post-timeskip. Pink is also a recurring color for her, being a floral pattern in a few of her outfits as well as the predominant color in some of her shirts, so it could be argued to be her theme color, though this still wouldn't help her case. The green of her blade, Shigure, could work on the basis that it's her most consistent color across all appearances and is her most important symbol, but I don't exactly think green when I think of Tashigi. This is also why I don't think there's much of an argument to be made for the lavender of her original gloves; they're just too small of a detail to stick in readers' minds. The only other option she really has is the fuchsia shirt she wears at Punk Hazard, but again, I don't associate that color with her, and I don't think Oda would wait until her post-timeskip appearance to introduce her most thematic color.

Another character that seems to have lost a lot of support over the last few years is Caesar, presumably in part because of how poorly he got along with the crew and in part because his story implies he's going to try to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible.

Originally, fans seemed to believe that his colors would be either white because of his gaseous labcoat or violet because of his gloves and lipstick. White obviously isn't an option, but violet is still certainly a possibility. However, much more prominent in his original outfit was the yellow striped jumpsuit beneath his coat, though this was ignored until his reappearance on Whole Cake Island under the guise of Gastino, an entirely yellow-clad mobster. This moment, wherein Caesar begrudgingly became an ally to Luffy, solidified to me that yellow was meant to be his theme color, which unfortunately means that his chances have drastically decreased with the reveal of Jinbe's yellowish ochre. I suppose one could argue that his suit is on the more orange side of yellow and could qualify him for amber, but given how badly he meshes with the crew, I'm not inclined to split hairs to try to justify him.

Though we're talking about eliminations, there is one character I still think could be recruited regardless of their theme color: Laboon. I believe that Laboon will be recruited as the Pet of the Straw Hat Crew, similar to how Carue is Vivi's pet or Zeus is Nami's. If Vivi had joined, Carue likely wouldn't have been assigned his own color or number to fit in with the Straw Hat 13, nor do I imagine Zeus will after reconciling with Nami. Similarly, I think Laboon will either be counted separately from the crew proper or will be counted as an extension of Brook. Since white is implied to be Brook's primary theme color, his secondary black could be extended to Laboon, whose skin is entirely black. In the anime, Laboon is depicted as a teal blue, but that doesn't reflect his depiction in the manga and doesn't fit anyway, so I think it's likely that Oda will have Laboon piggyback off of Brook if he even has any intention of giving Laboon a color at all.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why Vivi is white and gold; the gold might be representative of Carue...Hm...

Next, since we started with the characters I find unlikely, I think it's only appropriate that we work our way up and cover each color category from what I find least to most likely.

Last edited:
Greys

As I said, grey is unlikely on the basis that it could interfere with the Straw Hat 13, but it does have a couple of notable candidates, so I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it out entirely.

Similar to Tashigi, Smoker gained a strong following after Scaling the Red Line, though unlike her, fans still seem to believe that he has a solid chance (as evidenced in Mr. Morj's videos on the topic).

My instinct for Smoker is to count him as white due to his white hair, coat and epithet of White Hunter, but since Brook has taken white, that isn't an option. Fortunately, his hair can also easily be interpreted as grey and as evidenced by Black Leg Sanji, color-based epithets are irrelevant to theme. The green fur trim on his coats could also qualify him for the green slot, likely listed as emerald or perhaps teal, but I think with his smoke Logia he fits ashen grey much better. If he becomes an honorary Straw Hat rather than a proper one, though, I suppose he could be silver to compliment Vivi's gold, but I think that's a step too far removed from the logic of why he'd be grey in the first place.

Another less popular but surprisingly consistent candidate that I've seen thrown around is Caribou.

Aside from his terrifying smile and long face, Caribou's overly-long sleeved shirt is easily the most recognizable part of his design, so I think it's fair to consider its brownish-grey as his main thematic color. Brown could also be a close contender what with his ability to turn into mud matching his skin tone, but as I've learned my lesson with Jinbe, I won't be basing his color on that. His shirt is also technically a green hue, so we could take that into consideration when looking at the green lining of his original cape, the green pajamas he wears when taken in by Gaburu's grandmother, and Gaburu's green hat that he wears when assuming the name to fight Scotch. However, since most of that green is more emblematic of Gaburu himself and it's very difficult to tell at a glance that Caribou's shirt is green at all, I'm inclined to stick with grey and keep brown as a near second.

Browns

Like grey, there are two characters that I've found that work particularly well for brown: Marguerite, an old favorite of mine, and Kuma, who was largely a popular candidate due to his final act of free will being protecting the Thousand Sunny and his Devil Fruit fitting the 325 Theory

Marguerite's brown fur bikini and the brown spots and bear ears on Kuma's hat make both of them a perfect fit for the brown slot if there is one in lieu of another orange. Unfortunately, the reasons I have my doubts about them are less about their colors and more about their place in the story.

Marguerite, while a capable tailor who had extremely positive interactions with Luffy, just didn't get enough focus past Amazon Lily for me to continue to push for her, as badly as I would like to. Kuma, likewise, had fascinating interactions with the crew before becoming completely mechanized but unfortunately has now been put in a position that would make it extremely difficult to meet up with the crew, that being a robotic slave to the World Nobles. Circumstances could certainly lead to his escape, but I don't personally imagine he'd be reclaimed until pretty close to the final battle of the series if at all.

Furthermore, as revealed in the SBS for volume 99, Jinbe's associated animal is, bafflingly enough, a bear (I guess because Zoro's is a shark?). While Jinbe certainly demonstrates that name and visual theme aren't necessarily indicative of associated animals, I could not under any circumstance see Kuma's animal being anything other than a bear. Perhaps if Oda had stated a particular bear I'd be singing a different tune, but just saying a generic bear feels like the nail in the coffin to me.

Oranges

Though a controversial pick, Carrot is easily the strongest current candidate for recruitment on the basis that she has effectively filled the role of a crewmate for the last two arcs, sailing with the crew, acting as the Sunny's lookout, inheriting the will of her mentor Pedro, etc. With that in mind, I can't think of any better candidate for the secondary orange slot than Carrot.

Five of her seven outfits have used at least a little orange, but her first two, her introductory outfit and the one she wore when boarding the Sunny, feature it the most prominently. As these are the most notable outfits she wears as established by our earlier criteria, her theme color is almost definitely a shade of orange.

Just in case, though, it should be noted that Carrot wears light green in just as many outfits, more if you count her backpack in outfit 2 as a shade of green. Still, as established by Jinbe, the most consistent outfit color is not indicative of the theme color. Furthermore, she's named after a food that's heavily associated with the color orange, it would only be appropriate for that to be her theme color. Since carrots tend to be a redder orange than oranges, I think it would make enough sense for Oda to give her vermilion, though I'm sure he could come up with another potentially more appropriate shade.

Still, her abundance of green does mean that it's a possibility, and if it's possible for Carrot to be green, it's possible for someone else to be orange. Back before Carrot was introduced and we learned just how significant Momo is, the popular theory du jour was that Kinemon would join the crew to complete the Swordsman Trio with Zoro and Brook.

With his reddish-orange kimono likely based on his affinity for fire, Kinemon is a perfect fit for the vermilion slot. The main issue for me is his status as one of the Nine Red Scabbards, which tells me that he'll remain in Wano with his wife after the fight with Kaido is done...assuming of course that he survives, despite the myriad of death flags that he's been raising the entire battle. I've never been much in support of Kinemon joining the crew, and his character arc since we learned who he really is seems to have diminished the support he used to receive.

If our orange is to be on the yellower side, Oda could go with amber for the orange-skinned Surume, the kraken the crew met near Fishman Island.

Like Laboon, Surume would fill the role of the crew's pet, but unlike Laboon, Surume has already filled this role for a short while. When the crew first ran into Surume, Luffy declared that he wanted to make it their pet and proceeded to tame it. It seems odd that Luffy wouldn't retain the pet that he wanted considering how often Luffy gets what he wants. That said, considering that Surume has family in the North Pole that it ostensibly wants to protect, Luffy probably considered he'd be happier back home. It wasn't really dwelled on, and that's always bothered me, so I think it's safe to say that either Surume will come back to officially take the role of pet or he'll come back as an unaffiliated ally and leave the pet role to Laboon.

I don't personally see Surume taking the amber slot, but it would make an interesting case for the color pattern to overlap with the Straw Hat 13; if a pet isn't counted among the thirteen people in the crew but still has a theme color, that would free up space for a fourteenth color without having to worry about the numbers. This could be the way that Smoker or Caribou or another grey is able to sneak in, though like I said, I don't believe this will be the case.

Purples

We've got a lot of contenders for purple across a few different shades.

Given that we're in Wano right now, it seems quite likely that one of our upcoming recruits will be someone introduced in this arc, and interestingly, all of the candidates who best fit that bill could qualify for violet.

First is my personal favorite of the bunch who I've been advocating for quite a bit, Tama.

Though her kimono qualifies her for the green slot, her purple hair takes precedence in my eyes. The only way I could see her being green is if none of the other characters that fit do or if another purple joins. This is definitely possible considering how many more purples we have to cover, but I'm definitely leaning towards Tama myself.

If Tama isn't our purple Wano recruit, that honor could go to Momo's sister, Hiyori.

Strictly speaking by my own logic, Hiyori's turquoise hair should be prioritized over everything else and place her in green, but I personally find it to be too blue for that. I could certainly be wrong about that, but I think she works better for purple anyway for one simple reason: her alias of Komurasaki, lit. small purple, which refers to the purple beautyberry. This coupled with the purple flowers in her hair as an oiran and on her more casual kimono implies that she has ties to the color purple, just perhaps more subtly.

Personally, I don't think that Hiyori has been nearly involved enough in the arc to warrant considering her as a possible candidate just yet, and I was perfectly willing to list her as an elimination because of her blue turquoise hair and pink kimono, but the arc isn't over yet and she could easily surprise us, so I wanted to find some way to keep her in for the time being. Still, she hasn't been as active as Tama nor has she garnered the following of our next character: Yamato.

Yamato hasn't gotten a proper fight yet, but being the traitorous AFAB child of Kaido, people have taken a strong shine to him as potentially being the second New World recruit (subverting while also adhering to the MFMM Pattern). Now, originally, I had planned to eliminate him because of his red hakama and horns and his blue-tipped hair, but then I remembered the rope-belt around his waist that he modeled after his hero, Oden. Since it's a symbol of the man he wants to be, it would only be appropriate for it to be the origin of his theme color, a light purple or violet. I still personally have my doubts about Yamato joining the crew considering that he hasn't made any major contributions to the plot yet aside from some exposition, but like with Hiyori, I'm reserving judgment until we see more. I think he's more likely than Hiyori, but Tama is still the one I'm leaning towards from Wano.

Outside of Wano, though, I return to an older candidate: Pudding.

Though most people stopped pushing for her after she deliberately stayed behind in Totto Land, I think there's a good chance she was being held off for after Big Mom's defeat, and her color scheme just might back me up on this. Because of the abundance of pink in her first few outfits, I had originally put her as magenta in the RGB model, but now that that's not an option, we could potentially use the reddish RYB magenta pants from her first appearance if Oda's intention for her is magenta. However, I think that her third outfit, the one she wore when first meeting the Straw Hats, is the one we should focus on.

Her puffy pants in outfit 3 make up the largest proportion of her outfit while introducing a large amount of lavender into her color scheme. Her top in that outfit is a very light shade of magenta, though the shading gives the impression that it could actually be a purplish fuchsia. This also holds true for her chef's uniform in outfit 6 which she wore when officially working with the Straw Hats to help stop Big Mom's rampage, a light magenta with fuchsia shading. With this in mind, Oda could easily refer to Pudding's theme color as lavender, magenta, or fuchsia and all would at least technically work. I personally think that the intention is to give her outfit a purple appearance given how light all of the colors are, so until further notice, I'm leaning towards lavender.

Looking at the redder end of purple, the strongest candidate would have to be Bellamy, whose chances for recruitment I recently posted a theory explaining my thoughts on.

Because of his lighter blue coat pre-timeskip and darker blue vest post-timeskip, I was originally ready to write him off, but then I noticed his arm tattoo. This has been present since his first appearance at Jaya, and now that he's working as a flag dyer in the Village of Dyed Goods, it's the only part of his original design that he's retained. With a purplish red hue, this tattoo could be called burgundy or maroon, but I'd personally prefer to go with magenta. If you feel his tattoos are too red to work as a purple, that's fair, and I even acknowledge that it's more likely he'll be a Fleet Captain than a proper Straw Hat in my previous theory, I just think he's a little too strong of a candidate to write off entirely.

For a more proper magenta, we have two interesting candidates, though they aren't exactly the strongest in this list.

The first is someone I've mentioned only once before, but I just can't get her out of my head: Ginrummy.

Magenta hair, magenta breast-plates, magenta thong (not pictured); she's a perfect fit. The only problem: she's probably dead. Aside from Jack, we haven't seen any of the Gifters that were present when Zunesha destroyed Jack's ship and even Jack himself, a Yonko executive, only survived because he's a Fishman and can't drown. Ginrummy was not given any clear way to have survived, though it is worth noting that we don't know what kind of Gifter she is. It's entirely possible that she had an ability that would allow her to fly, or she happened to end up on top of a convenient piece of driftwood as a surprisingly large number of Devil Fruit users have in the past. Just because we haven't seen her doesn't mean we won't, and Oda has a habit of not killing characters when he has a perfect opportunity to. The main problem is that Oda hasn't taken the opportunity to bring her back even though it would have been so easy to do. Aside from taking the time to establish that there's friction between Ginrummy and Jack, Oda hasn't done anything to develop her character up to this point, so I'm hardpressed to imagine a scenario where she meshes with and joins the crew. It's not impossible, but the further into the Onigashima raid we get, the less likely it seems.

Our second magenta and final purple candidate is an oddity for me: a character we probably haven't even met yet! I tend to shy away from hypothetical characters because they inherently have no evidence pointing directly towards them, but if the crew goes to space as I and many others predict, I don't think anyone would be surprised if the crew were to recruit one of the Space Pirates while they were there.

Both of the two most prominent Space Pirates that we've met, Captain Seamars and the thus far unnamed black-clad executive, have a fair amount of magenta in their outfits, most notably in the hats that they both wear bearing their Jolly Roger. We don't know anything about the Space Pirates yet, so it's impossible to say if either of them would potentially be a good fit for the crew, but it's very easy to imagine a third, less cruel, and more comedic member of their ranks befriending the Straw Hats. While we may not have any evidence for one of them joining, the fact that aliens exist in One Piece at all is enough of a reason to at least suspect it, as nothing would be more unique and unprecedented for the Straw Hats to have than an alien.

Again, of all of these possibilities, Tama is the current leader with how active she's being in the Onigashima raid, Pudding is a close second because of how much she's already contributed, and Yamato is closing in on third since he's shaping up to make major contributions in the near future. That said, I am simply in love with the idea of an alien joining, and I really hope we get to meet the Space Pirates again soon.

Greens

You all knew this was coming. Monet is my number one candidate for green.

Her hair is green, her shirt is green, her feathers are green, and even her favorite food, matcha milk shaved ice, is based on her heavy usage of green; no one is as definitively green as Monet is, and anyone that's even close has a different color that works just as well or better.

Carrot wears a lot of green, but also wears a lot of orange and is named for an orange food. Tama wears green but has purple hair. Hiyori has turquoise hair which honestly looks closer to blue to me but also wears and goes by a name that evokes purple. Smoker and Caribou both wear green but sport grey in much more abundance. If Monet doesn't join, sure, any of them could be green, but if she does join, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that she'll be green.

I think I've made it more than clear enough why I think Monet will be joining in the past, so if you want further details, feel free to follow this link.

Based on the fact that Monet's favorite food is matcha-flavored, it seems likely that Oda would refer to her theme color as matcha, though other light greens like chartreuse or jade would still be perfectly viable.

Final Lineup

Based on the evidence, I think my original theory still holds up fairly well. I still think that Carrot is a near shoo-in just as vermilion instead of veridian, and I have no intention of giving up hope on Monet as chartreuse until such time that I literally have no choice, so the only major change for me aside from the colors being used is Pudding.

I still think that Pudding's chances are quite good, but other more present characters are giving her a run for her money. Tama is the single biggest threat to Kaido's crew and Yamato is betraying Kaido for Luffy's sake, so both seem like really good choices. That said, I just can't ignore Pudding's dynamic with the crew, a much stronger show of character than either Tama or Yamato have demonstrated so far, nor can I ignore how she contributed to their conflict with Big Mom. Tama has recency, Pudding has a stronger dynamic, and both have strong contributions. Beyond that, I think Pudding has the edge for being a more unique character, being the only known Three-Eyes in existence, so while Tama is technically more likely because she's actually present, until further notice I'm going to continue to consider Pudding as my prediction for the purple slot.

But what do the colors really matter anyway? As far as anyone knows, it's just something that Oda started talking about because a fan asked him about it, and it was never really meant to be that important. Well, I think it is meant to be more than just a fun aesthetic for color pages.

Remember how I said in my previous theory that I believe Bellamy will return with a new Straw Hat flag for Luffy? I don't just think it will be the same old Jolly Roger on fancier canvas, I think it will incorporate designs meant to evoke the entire crew!

The red band of the Straw Hat for Luffy, a vermilion carrot for Carrot, an orange pinwheel for Nami, an ocher sun for Jinbe, a yellow slingshot for Usopp, a chartreuse bird for Monet, three green swords for Zoro, a cyan star for Franky, a blue fork and knife for Sanji, a lavender eye for Pudding (or a violet dango skewer for Tama), a purple chrysanthemum for Robin, pink cherry blossoms for Chopper, and a white skull with a black afro for Brook.

Artist's renditions provided by my wife, and shout-out to @Jew D. Boy for suggesting that Bellamy would in some way redesign the Straw Hat Jolly Roger, inspiring me to make this design.

With these symbols, taken from their respective personal Jolly Rogers (or what I expect their Jolly Rogers to look like in some cases), the Straw Hat Jolly Roger forms a beautiful rainbow that makes each member immediately recognizable. This would probably be a momentous color page to represent the true completion of the Straw Hat Crew and to usher in the final confrontation with the World Government, as it mirrors and contrasts their flag that depicts the four seas yoked to the centralized government, while the Straw Hat flag displays their individuality and free choice to rally behind the one man they all believe in.

Let's Review

Though it was a common theory that Jinbe's theme color would be a shade of blue, Oda recently revealed that Jinbe's theme color is actually ocher, a yellow-ish shade of brown, likely based on the dirty blond streaks in his hair, eyebrows, and sideburns. Because of this, older theories for predicting future Straw Hats based on their theme colors had to be reevaluated, as those based on explicit color models like RGB and RYB were no longer valid.

Instead, it now seems likely that the pattern isn't based on existing models, but rather having two of each color. Luffy and Chopper make up the two reds with pink being a light red; Sanji and Franky make up the blues with cyan being a light blue; Usopp and Jinbe make up the two yellows with ocher being "yellow earth color" in Japanese.

This leaves a slot open for a secondary orange (Nami), green (Zoro), and purple (Robin), though there will likely be no secondary slot for Brook's white and black considering he takes up those two colors on his own, though grey is technically possible if there are to be more than the popularly theorized thirteen Straw Hats.

Because pink is already taken, popular and older picks like Momonosuke, Bentham, and Tashigi can likely be eliminated. With Jinbe as the secondary yellow, Caesar is also unlikely to join. Because Brook's primary theme color is white, his reunion with Laboon could technically introduce a specific character for his secondary color of black without violating the Straw Hat 13 theory.

If there were to be a grey character, the most likely options are the grey-haired Smoker, a popular choice, and grey-shirted Caribou, a rogue element currently somewhere behind the scenes in the Wano arc.

For the orange slot, Carrot seems the most likely candidate considering her tenure with the crew and consistent usage of orange in her clothes. She would likely be given vermilion as a darker shade of orange compared to Nami's, though Kinemon could also work for vermilion if he survives Onigashima. Alternatively, Oda could go with brown (either Marguerite or Kuma, though both are unlikely) or amber (Surume, Luffy's temporary pet kraken).

For the purple slot, the violet-haired Tama's contributions to the Onigashima raid and background with Ace make her the current frontrunner, though Yamato's purple rope-belt and upcoming fight with Kaido may give him an edge. Pudding's aid at Whole Cake Island gives her a good chance to take the slot with her lavender pants and chef's uniform, though it remains to be seen if and when she'll return to the story. I personally favor Pudding, but acknowledge her absence is troublesome. Hiyori may also work violet, Bellamy may work for maroon or magenta, and Ginrummy and a yet-to-met Space Pirate may work for magenta, though they all have middling to low chances.

For the green slot, while many characters have worn green such as Carrot and Tama, only Monet fits green exclusively while also having strong evidence to support her inclusion, as covered in past theories.

With this in mind, I expect that Carrot will take vermilion, Monet will take chartreuse, and either Tama or Pudding will take violet or lavender respectively.

If my previous theory that Bellamy will become a Fleet Captain holds true, he will likely arrive to the final battle with a new Straw Hat Jolly Roger redesigned to represent all of the proper Straw Hats with their most prominent symbols and colors forming a rainbow that stands against the World Government's flag that binds the world under its rule.

Final Thoughts

As always, this is solely my subjective interpretation of the evidence, and there are many ways that I could potentially be wrong. New characters could be introduced at any time, there are many characters that I either didn't consider or chose to ignore, characters that I chose to eliminate may still be eligible by criteria I didn't consider, and there are undoubtedly color patterns that may have made more sense either from an artistic or cultural perspective that I just don't have. Still, I don't believe that the theme colors can or should be the end all be all evidence, so I think using past evidence and theories is the best way to determine who should be prioritized while the colors can be used to help organize the possibilities.

If you feel that my logic is inaccurate in some way, please, feel free to politely share your interpretation. Is there someone I didn't mention that you want me to analyze? Is there a color scheme that you think is a better fit for the known colors? Even outside of One Piece, color-coding is one of my favorite topics, so I'm always happy to hear any suggestions you may have, especially when I can combine it with the topic of Straw Hat recruitment.

Until next time,

-Tokiro Oumaga

Your wife did excellent work, and this analysis is some of your finest yet :cheers:
I'll let her know you liked it! And shucks, my finest? You're too kind.

Was there anyone you were hoping to see that I didn't end up mentioning, or would you say you're satisfied with the outcome?

At the time, I thought that Pedro would have been a perfect match for the Mugiwara color scheme.
I believe the original theory was written prior to Pedro's supposed death, so I definitely considered the possibility that he could be chartreuse while Carrot is viridian, but since WCI ended, I'm not too faithful in Pedro's return. I still acknowledge that it can happen, I'm just not a believer myself.

Hi tokiro. I deleted my last post because I thought that it will be better for the rest of members. Because they can read now the two parts together without a post hahaha.

Again, it was a good one and it helped me a lot. I have a special question. I mean, you are right. If i can choose the new member of luffy crew. I will choose Monet, Bellamy and Kuma. (In my mind, the fit a lot with the pattern of mugiwaras)

But, If you have to write a percentage about the chances of joining, what number will you put in all your candidates?
In my opinion, Monet 80%, Carrot 70%, Bellamy 70%, Pudding 60% and Kuma 60%., Yamato 50% (I like too much pedro, but it is difficult)

But, If you have to write a percentage about the chances of joining, what number will you put in all your candidates?
In my opinion, Monet 80%, Carrot 70%, Bellamy 70%, Pudding 60% and Kuma 60%., Yamato 50% (I like too much pedro, but it is difficult)
Ooh, that's a toughy.

Let's see...

Like I said, I think Carrot is the most likely, so I'll go ahead and put her at 90%. I'll also give that to Monet because of all of the evidence I've found pointing towards her, but that other 10% is for the possibility that I'm wrong.

Tama and Pudding, I'll put at...85% each, since I think they're about equivalent. Yamato's getting close, especially since he's explicitly stated that he wants to sail with Luffy, so 80% until he actually does something, then I'll probably boost him later.

Smoker's at...75%, all of the arguments I've heard in his favor are really good, I'm just not totally convinced.

Bellamy is 50% for me since he could go either way for joining the crew or Grand Fleet.

Marguerite's at 25% since her presentation hasn't really implied much up to this point, but her chances aren't non-existent either.

Kuma I'll put at 10%. Could happen, but I have very strong doubts.

Laboon's 100% cus of Brook's dream to reunite with him. The only question is whether he'll be called a Straw Hat or not.
Post automatically merged:

If we talk about the pink color scheme, then Pekoms also fits in there.
That's a fair point, I forgot about Pekoms. His mostly pink outfit would almost definitely put him in the eliminated category. His blond hair shouldn't qualify him for a variant of yellow, similarly to Sanji being blue instead of yellow, so I can't think of any other colors that would fit him.

While we're talking about Pekoms, I'd sure like to know what happened to him. I imagine he was incarcerated by Big Mom, but it also wouldn't be surprising if she killed him for what he did. He's almost definitely been blinded given that the Big Mom Pirates explicitly stated their intention to gouge out his eyes, so my hope is that whenever Pudding escapes WCI, she helps get Pekoms to safety on Zou. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I always thought that jinbe color would be vermilion because of his capes and his mentor color (fisher tiger). But turn out to be ocher

Maybe it's should be matched with personality too while also get to nearest color of their attributes

At the time, I thought that Pedro would have been a perfect match for the Mugiwara color scheme.
Maybe gold or lime green imo

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I'll let her know you liked it! And shucks, my finest? You're too kind.

Was there anyone you were hoping to see that I didn't end up mentioning, or would you say you're satisfied with the outcome?

I believe the original theory was written prior to Pedro's supposed death, so I definitely considered the possibility that he could be chartreuse while Carrot is viridian, but since WCI ended, I'm not too faithful in Pedro's return. I still acknowledge that it can happen, I'm just not a believer myself.
Hmm…you covered pretty much all the important characters, maybe you could do a deep dive on the Yonko/Shichibukai? The admiral color scheme is well-defined, but if you have the time and desire, those characters are ripe for this kind of write up!

Maybe it's should be matched with personality too while also get to nearest color of their attributes
I'm not so sure that really lines up with what we know so far. Luffy being red definitely works for his personality and abilities (energetic, turns red w/ Gear 2, minor fire generation, etc.), but I don't see the rest of the crew matching the same way for the most part.

Still, it could work going foward. Do you have any suggestions for how you envision that?

Ooh, that's a toughy.

That's a fair point, I forgot about Pekoms. His mostly pink outfit would almost definitely put him in the eliminated category. His blond hair shouldn't qualify him for a variant of yellow, similarly to Sanji being blue instead of yellow, so I can't think of any other colors that would fit him.

While we're talking about Pekoms, I'd sure like to know what happened to him. I imagine he was incarcerated by Big Mom, but it also wouldn't be surprising if she killed him for what he did. He's almost definitely been blinded given that the Big Mom Pirates explicitly stated their intention to gouge out his eyes, so my hope is that whenever Pudding escapes WCI, she helps get Pekoms to safety on Zou. Fingers crossed.
I think in the end, he managed to hide in the shell, and did not lose his eyes, maybe one. He will definitely return to history, as he saved Luffy from the mirror land and helped him escape.

I'm not so sure that really lines up with what we know so far. Luffy being red definitely works for his personality and abilities (energetic, turns red w/ Gear 2, minor fire generation, etc.), but I don't see the rest of the crew matching the same way for the most part.

Still, it could work going foward. Do you have any suggestions for how you envision that?
Im not really invested in making correlation between color and personality. It's so confusing. So I stop thinking about the personality. LOL

I dont think I have anymore suggestion. Your post kinda sum up everything

Hmm…you covered pretty much all the important characters, maybe you could do a deep dive on the Yonko/Shichibukai? The admiral color scheme is well-defined, but if you have the time and desire, those characters are ripe for this kind of write up!
I've seen people discuss the Yonko's colors before, the general consensus being that they seem to fit the Four Symbols of Chinese mythology: Whitebeard is Byakko the White Tiger, "Red Hair" Shanks is Suzaku the Vermilion Bird, Kaido with the Fish-Fish Fruit, Model: Seiryu is quite literally Seiryu the Azure Dragon, Blackbeard is Genbu the Black Tortoise, and "Gold" Roger at the center of it all is the fifth Symbol, Koryu the Yellow Dragon.

The issue with this analysis is that Big Mom inherently doesn't fit into it no matter how you look at it. There are no pink Symbols, and she doesn't have black or yellow in her color scheme. That said, there are two different versions of Genbu: one being a tortoise, one being a snake, so while her color doesn't match, she could potentially fit one of the two animals, likely whichever fits her more thematically.

As for the Shichibukai, I'm not really sure what merit there would be in analyzing their symbology now that they've been disbanded. No one else is liable to join their ranks, so I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Did you have something in mind?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I've seen people discuss the Yonko's colors before, the general consensus being that they seem to fit the Four Symbols of Chinese mythology: Whitebeard is Byakko the White Tiger, "Red Hair" Shanks is Suzaku the Vermilion Bird, Kaido with the Fish-Fish Fruit, Model: Seiryu is quite literally Seiryu the Azure Dragon, Blackbeard is Genbu the Black Tortoise, and "Gold" Roger at the center of it all is the fifth Symbol, Koryu the Yellow Dragon.

The issue with this analysis is that Big Mom inherently doesn't fit into it no matter how you look at it. There are no pink Symbols, and she doesn't have black or yellow in her color scheme. That said, there are two different versions of Genbu: one being a tortoise, one being a snake, so while her color doesn't match, she could potentially fit one of the two animals, likely whichever fits her more thematically.

As for the Shichibukai, I'm not really sure what merit there would be in analyzing their symbology now that they've been disbanded. No one else is liable to join their ranks, so I'm not sure what I'd be looking for. Did you have something in mind?
Hahaha, fair enough, they’ve been scrutinized more than most OP characters…I’d have to think about any others! :smoothieduck:

I personally agree but a bit disagree with your theory about colours. Here’s the thing: if you notice, the main 6 colours of rainbow are the 6 “human” members of Straw Hat Pirates:
Luffy (red), Nami (orange), Usopp (yellow), Zoro (green), Sanji (blue), and Robin (violet).

It’s a clue that Brook’s colour is “black & white” referring to the deep/light colored version of the human members, as balance. Chopper is pink, Luffy’s lighter shade. Franky is cyan, Sanji’s lighter shade. Jinbe on the other hand, is ochre, which we can assume is Usopp’s deeper shade. So I guess that the ones left are Zoro’s shade, Nami’s shade, and Robin’s shade.

since the RGB are coincidentally Monster Trio, the ones with “lighter” shade are literally the “weaker” version of them. Chopper is weaker than Luffy, and Franky is weaker than Sanji. So in this case, Nami, Usopp, Robin have deeper shade / stronger crew member to represent them. Jinbe is stronger than Usopp, right? So I guess for Yamato, he/she will get “deeper” shade of Orange, because his/her horns are shade from red to orange.

And also I am quite a believer of nakamas with alphabet theory. Carrot most likely won’t join since SHP already has Chopper; both have initial names started with C. If the alphabet theory is right, we have GH, WX, and OP left open. Yamato will most likely to change his/her name to be Oden, like how Franky’s real name is Cutty Flam. Not to mention that we haven’t known if Carrot is str

And for Monet’s case, I also believe that she’s somewhat alive. Her devil fruit is too good to be wasted. I won’t believe she’s dead until someone eats her DF. Another thing is that I read about your theory that Monet & Sugar’s name are not their real names, which might be true. It’s a bit weird that their names sound so “far”, because although not related by blood, Nami & Nojiko has similar “N” to their names. And for Monet if she joins SHP, she will fit the “light green” colour, well because although a Logia she is “weaker” than Zoro.

Another fun thing to note is that the pattern MFMM isn’t that obvious. 10 - 3 comparison is too much, 9 - 4 is more like it. Imagine Luffy in the middle, with 6 crew members on each side of him consisting of 4 male and 2 females. If Yamato is considered a “male”, then the MFMM pattern is broken. And also, 4 “females” (including Yamato) is being hinted by their powers. Nami is non DF, Robin is Paramecia, and Yamato is probably a Zoan. The only one left is Logia female (I assume Monet)

I personally agree but a bit disagree with your theory about colours. Here’s the thing: if you notice, the main 6 colours of rainbow are the 6 “human” members of Straw Hat Pirates:
Luffy (red), Nami (orange), Usopp (yellow), Zoro (green), Sanji (blue), and Robin (violet).

It’s a clue that Brook’s colour is “black & white” referring to the deep/light colored version of the human members, as balance. Chopper is pink, Luffy’s lighter shade. Franky is cyan, Sanji’s lighter shade. Jinbe on the other hand, is ochre, which we can assume is Usopp’s deeper shade. So I guess that the ones left are Zoro’s shade, Nami’s shade, and Robin’s shade.

since the RGB are coincidentally Monster Trio, the ones with “lighter” shade are literally the “weaker” version of them. Chopper is weaker than Luffy, and Franky is weaker than Sanji. So in this case, Nami, Usopp, Robin have deeper shade / stronger crew member to represent them. Jinbe is stronger than Usopp, right? So I guess for Yamato, he/she will get “deeper” shade of Orange, because his/her horns are shade from red to orange.

And also I am quite a believer of nakamas with alphabet theory. Carrot most likely won’t join since SHP already has Chopper; both have initial names started with C. If the alphabet theory is right, we have GH, WX, and OP left open. Yamato will most likely to change his/her name to be Oden, like how Franky’s real name is Cutty Flam. Not to mention that we haven’t known if Carrot is str

And for Monet’s case, I also believe that she’s somewhat alive. Her devil fruit is too good to be wasted. I won’t believe she’s dead until someone eats her DF. Another thing is that I read about your theory that Monet & Sugar’s name are not their real names, which might be true. It’s a bit weird that their names sound so “far”, because although not related by blood, Nami & Nojiko has similar “N” to their names. And for Monet if she joins SHP, she will fit the “light green” colour, well because although a Logia she is “weaker” than Zoro.

Another fun thing to note is that the pattern MFMM isn’t that obvious. 10 - 3 comparison is too much, 9 - 4 is more like it. Imagine Luffy in the middle, with 6 crew members on each side of him consisting of 4 male and 2 females. If Yamato is considered a “male”, then the MFMM pattern is broken. And also, 4 “females” (including Yamato) is being hinted by their powers. Nami is non DF, Robin is Paramecia, and Yamato is probably a Zoan. The only one left is Logia female (I assume Monet)
Those are some good catches there!

I can definitely see the secondary colors being for the non-human recruits, but in my mind that actually makes for a stronger argument for both Carrot and Pudding: Chopper=literal animal, Franky=cyborg, Jinbe=Fishman, Carrot=Mink, Monet=harpy, Pudding=Three-Eyes.

I'm reserving judgment on Yamato for now since we haven't confirmed whether or not Kaido is human. His horns could well be a specific style of horn, similar to Merry's curled sheep horns, Caesar's straighter goat horns, or Hannyabal's devilish horns, but they could also be indicative that he's a unique race. If we find out that Kaido and Yamato aren't human, I'll definitely take that as a strong sign.

As for the Alphabet Theory, I'm not sure if you've read my theory on the matter, but my thinking is that Oda will work around her not fitting through her epithet once she officially becomes a pirate, likely calling her White Rabbit or something to that effect. I've gotten a lot of pushback for that one, but as I've said, Carrot has so much going for her narratively that I'm willing to believe that Oda is bending rules like that to throw us off.

For the MFMM pattern, I wrote another theory specifically detailing why I think the New World is going to have three female recruits, which would make the final total 8 and 5, or 9 and 6 if Vivi and Momo are counted despite being honorary recruits, but I love the idea of there being four girls with different Devil Fruit types.

If you feel that it's gonna be Monet for green and Yamato for orange, do you have any suggestions for who's going to be purple?