Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin herself was a last minute addition. The botanist was scraped.

Law is the strategist. Kinemon strategy was trashed and who saved him? Law.

It is no coincidence that every time a Straw Hat is going to join a role is suddenly being highlighted. Nami gets sick so Luffy wants a doctor, The Merry is broken down so they need a shipwrights, Jinbe is shown to be a top notch helmsman on his flashback.

What we’re seeing right now is Law create strategies both before and during battle. His doctors skills aren’t being highlighted
I don’t recall the straw hats being shown to need a strategist? In fact I see quite the opposite that they don’t. Luffy actively ignoring the plan and doing his own thing has been a constant part of these “strategies”

Laws a great character, but he’s a great character because he’s not a straw hat. Joining the crew will take away a big part of his character or completely overshadow a current straw hat. You think if Oda planned on law joining the straw hats he’d Be a doctor? No.

But you seem like you’re going to dig your heels in to this I’m just telling you why I don’t think it’s a possibility.

I don’t recall the straw hats being shown to need a strategist? In fact I see quite the opposite that they don’t. Luffy actively ignoring the plan and doing his own thing has been a constant part of these “strategies”

Laws a great character, but he’s a great character because he’s not a straw hat. Joining the crew will take away a big part of his character or completely overshadow a current straw hat. You think if Oda planned on law joining the straw hats he’d Be a doctor? No.

But you seem like you’re going to dig your heels in to this I’m just telling you why I don’t think it’s a possibility.
And Law has been shown to create strategies around Luffy’s stubbornness which could be a plus

Helmsman wasn’t important at all and so wasn’t archeologists. But Oda made sure to highlight those character skills and why they’re important before they joined

And here’s where you lose it, according to his original sketch the crew is complete. Whoever joins afterwards is a new addition to his master plan. I personally believe he created Law as a Doffy subordinate but changed his mind and decided to explore the D clan via Law. Just like he decided to explore the void century with Robin

I made my stance clear, your arguments aren’t just compelling enough and are easy to counter. Sorry

Edit: also want to add what you think makes him a great character is your opinion. The problem many people have when creating theories is that they conflate what they want with what Oda wants. I would’ve personally written Law a lot differently but I don’t get to do that. I will make theories based on what seems more probable and what Oda seems to be leading too

And Law has been shown to create strategies around Luffy’s stubbornness which could be a plus

Helmsman wasn’t important at all and so wasn’t archeologists. But Oda made sure to highlight those character skills and why they’re important before they joined

And here’s where you lose it, according to his original sketch the crew is complete. Whoever joins afterwards is a new addition to his master plan. I personally believe he created Law as a Doffy subordinate but changed his mind and decided to explore the D clan via Law. Just like he decided to explore the void century with Robin

I made my stance clear, your arguments aren’t just compelling enough and are easy to counter. Sorry
Oda never releases the full sketch of the original crew. The first time he showed it Jinbe wasn’t in it. But the next time he did included Jinbe.

Your arguments just aren’t good. You’re saying Oda should add him even though he adds nothing to the crew except for this idea that the crew needs a strategist despite no one on the crew caring about laws strategies at all. Jinbes skill with a helm was highlighted back in impel down by Luffy. No one has said “wow it sure is nice having a strategist around.”

Laws a doctor first. Straw hats already have a doctor.

The thing people keep missing with Law is that there is a VERY big difference between a surgeon and a medical doctor. Chopper has never been shown to be capable of surgery. He couldn't have saved Luffy after Marineford since he needed his organs patched up. Law has never been shown to be capable of creating medicine. He couldn't have created a cure for the ice oni virus. They are very different skillets that are both important.

The thing people keep missing with Law is that there is a VERY big difference between a surgeon and a medical doctor. Chopper has never been shown to be capable of surgery. He couldn't have saved Luffy after Marineford since he needed his organs patched up. Law has never been shown to be capable of creating medicine. He couldn't have created a cure for the ice oni virus. They are very different skillets that are both important.
I don’t think the 13 - 14 year olds that one piece is written for care about the difference between types of doctors. They’re both doctors.

Oda never releases the full sketch of the original crew. The first time he showed it Jinbe wasn’t in it. But the next time he did included Jinbe.

Your arguments just aren’t good. You’re saying Oda should add him even though he adds nothing to the crew except for this idea that the crew needs a strategist despite no one on the crew caring about laws strategies at all. Jinbes skill with a helm was highlighted back in impel down by Luffy. No one has said “wow it sure is nice having a strategist around.”

Laws a doctor first. Straw hats already have a doctor.
No, I’m saying he will add him because that’s where the series is leading toward too and his role is being highlighted before he even joins. Jinbe helmsman skills weren’t highlighted in impel down at all, we just saw him steering the ship

again, what I want and what Oda wants are two different things.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think the 13 - 14 year olds that one piece is written for care about the difference between types of doctors. They’re both doctors.
Oda has made it clear that there’s things Law can’t do that other doctors can.

This is the lamest argument I've heard against Law. You have 2 entirely different professions and your argument is that they can't coexist in the strawhats because kids won't understand that they're different?

Solution: Have one panel where Ussop doesn't understand the difference and Law explains it.

Problem solved. Anything else?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Law joining would be cool, and as a surgeon, he’s different enough from Chopper the general practitioner to earn the distinction. I still don’t see it just because he’s been so adamant about not becoming subservient to Luffy, but he’s been hanging around the crew since Punk Hazard (and the captain since Marineford), so his inclusion is probably as destined as Yamato’s at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.