Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fenghuang is called the Eastern phoenix currently, to the point Wikipedia translates its article as "phoenix", and Marco's power is obviously based on it. His set of techniques are based on it, his role as a rooster is based on it, his colors are based on it, his physical traits (crane beak, peacock tail, pheasant wattle) are based on it. Even his fire and immortality elemments not only are attributed to modern interpretations of the myth but can also be traced to traditional stories.

The crane isn't the main elemment here, it's the pheasant, which is the more than likely inspiration behind the Fenghuang according to experts, which is the creature related to the rooster and both to the nowadays-called Eastern phoenix.

I'm not wasting more time on you. Just open a book on mythology and learn how to analyze a design. Considering Marco a Fenghuang can't be misleading as soon as you know the basics of it.
Bro I sent you a response saying that you were still wrong but....... in all honesty I think me and your are both wrong. Here is why I say that. The Fenghuang has similarities to a phoenix which we both agree on. Though again I would say that it is not marco is. However I now believe it is also not zoro.

I think it's hiyori. Why? Because the myth of the Fenghuang which is female paired with a male a dragon (momo). Also it's hinted that it was hiyori that healed the scabbards since the sbs confirmed that toki is dead

G

Gorosei Informer

nahh lol he's a good character. that was a response to this bare weird dumbfuck who said momo is a trash character because he cries lmfao
You said they're a Sanji fan too right? In your last response to them? How ironic to trash Momo for being "cowardly/weak/too sensitive" and crying when Sanji is his favourite character apparently. Sanji was seen as a coward, a wuss, a crybaby etc by many during and after WCI especially. Also after his moment with Maria too ofc.

I've been one of those to slander Sanji for those reasons, especially once I got involved in certain communities elsewhere too who are anti-Sanji and such, so I'm also guilty of it too but I realised how bad and hypocritical it was of me at least.

Because some dudes really believe Oda would make Momo as strong as Oden
After WCI the expectations are so piss poor, I don't blame people for actually believing Oda would implement this sort of plotline.
If anything it fits into national progression of Momos character, however, much ass pully it sounds.

Rmmbr we also got these panels and plotlines

Anything is possible with Oda

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
You said they're a Sanji fan too right? In your last response to them? How ironic to trash Momo for being "cowardly/weak/too sensitive" and crying when Sanji is his favourite character apparently. Sanji was seen as a coward, a wuss, a crybaby etc by many during and after WCI especially. Also after his moment with Maria too ofc.

I've been one of those to slander Sanji for those reasons, especially once I got involved in certain communities elsewhere too who are anti-Sanji and such, so I'm also guilty of it too but I realised how bad and hypocritical it was of me at least.
its hilarious how sanji being pervert is a gag and momo being pervert is a bad character according to that guy lmfaooo

Yeah Orochi’s head
Kaidou’s head for Zoro after :cheers:
Yep. This spoiler confirms that Momo (and Hiyori) will kill Orochi for good. It's just too much and too long a bad blood between the Kozukis and Kurozumis to let Orochi be killed by someone else.

He is too much of a wimp as a kid. At least his adult version doing it is believable.

nahh lol he's a good character. that was a response to this bare weird dumbfuck who said momo is a trash character because he cries lmfao
well, crying is part of why he sucks, but also he's supposed to be prepared for the shit that happened to him, it's not like everything just dropped on him all of a sudden, he spent a year in wano living in poverty and experienced first hand kaido/orochi's cruelty, and he never tried to take responsibility for anything until luffy forced him to in zou. for example: robin and law, all wanted to do something in response to their shitty circumstances, robin learned the ancient language and willingly followed up on her mothers footsteps, law wanted to distroy the world and hid his pain behind that pursuit until corazon came along.
momo on the other hand is just there, has no ambition, just repeating words someone else put in his mouth, it's like he learned nothing in the 8 years he lived, kaido was right.
his fear of hights is not explained he just has it, and completely ignored the fact that he came down from a sky island.
he's a pervert.
and he's weak as hell, even o-tama can knock out a fill grown man.

but he's coming along though, it's hard to get me convinced since he ruins every cool moment he gets by crying.

G

Gorosei Informer

Also begs the question: Are Apoo and Hawkins switching sides? If so, how?
Apoo I think because of what Queen did and his pragmatism might kick in if he sees how the raid is turning in the SH's favour drastically. There's still the issue of Kaido and Big Mom but if all the gifters are getting converted and taken down and thus the numbers and even the literal Numbers are getting taken down or becoming allies, then he might notice tide of power is shifting and wantto change sides.

We don't know enough about him, but he seems fairly similar to Queen ironically and even from the same country potentially (Kano most likely?) I really wish Oda would diverge on his character and also give us Brook vs Apoo and name Apoo's DF finally and give us an all out fight with him, sigh....I wish to know his backstory and such too. Even a small amount at least.

Hawkins I see definitely switching sides if his precious cards tell him, if he believes in the heart of the cards enough or and he just notices how the tide is changing as well. He's got a pending powerup to come for someone, his "trump card" and he's most likely going to end up helping and powering up Luffy. Hawkins only joined Kaido out of pragmatic survival reasons, to not get killed and thus just to try and survive literally.

Hawkins and Apoo both really fascinate me but they've been underwhelming for me so far.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/fenghuang

This is straight forward. Clearly states that the Fenghuang is misleadingly called a phoenix fam. Hell it even goes further saying that that Fenghuang are sometimes completely female with dragons being their male counterparts
Fenghuang, as in its traditional myth, isn't a phoenix; but we all know that and that's not what I'm arguing here.

Fenghuang, as in its modern understanding by popular culture, is conceptualized as the Eastern phoenix; which is why creatures like Ho-oh from Pokémon or Hououmon from Digimon got attributes from the Western phoenix (enhanced fire properties, regeneration, coming back from death, etc.) in spite of being clearly based on the Eastern bird. This is exactly what I meant when I talked to you about a "globalized syncretism" that has caused both creatures to merge in pop culture such as One Piece; because yes, Marco falls here too, hence why he's clearly designed after a Fenghuang more than a Western phoenix (peacock tail, pheasant wattle, his colors, etc.) to the point his techniques explicitly refer the Fenghuang (with its Japanese name, "Houou", appearing in one of them plus others referring the birds traditionally described to conform it) and took the place of the rooster in that color spread, being the rooster virtually equal to the Fenghuang (which is also called "August rooster").

Bro I sent you a response saying that you were still wrong but....... in all honesty I think me and your are both wrong. Here is why I say that. The Fenghuang has similarities to a phoenix which we both agree on. Though again I would say that it is not marco is. However I now believe it is also not zoro.

I think it's hiyori. Why? Because the myth of the Fenghuang which is female paired with a male a dragon (momo). Also it's hinted that it was hiyori that healed the scabbards since the sbs confirmed that toki is dead
Don't take this badly because you seem to be a good user, but I'm not wrong here. You sent me a link to a web page; I've been studying this kind of stuff from actual scholar books for years and I don't speak lightly; also, I highly doubt you will tell me something I don't know (in case you thought you would get me with that information about Fenghuang not being the same as the Western phoenix). But if you want to add some fuel to your Hiyori idea, you may want to know that she was introduced wearing a peacock-themed kimono, which is one of the pheasants that inspired the Fenghuang.

Status
Not open for further replies.