Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Awful

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogard

You can't win
I don't think so based off Roger's statement last chapter.

It really depends where Oden is relative to a bonafide top tier from today. Let's see how he faced off against a young Kaidou. If Kaidou is superior It's not a good look that a Prime WB was sweating upon sensing Oden back on Wano. It certainly won't help your case.

This is why I'm bothered by Oda avoiding a Rayleigh confrontation because through Rayleigh we would be able to answer where Oden stands relative to todays strongest. Roger the GOAT throwing a named attack off the bat for Oden to try and block doesn't tell me too much.
I don't think Whitebeard was worried about himself against Oden. He was worried about his crew's safety.

In a sense, Roger said something similar to Rayleigh/Scopper this chapter despite Rayleigh being a top tier, although it seemed less serious. That plus the scar he gave to Kaido certainly further shows Oden can hang with top tiers.

It's just that Roger/Prime Whitebeard were a lvl higher. Remember that Whitebeard didn't harden his sword in the clash with Oden.

When Roger did so, he swatted Oden away as a fly with Oden not understanding what's going on, and he was out of words completely when both Roger and Whitebeard hardened their swords and used a haki lvl attack being so huge it was shifting the moby dick at the other side of the island without their weapons colliding.

That alone shows that while Oden can hang with top tiers, Roger/Primebeard are a lvl higher to even Oden's understanding

Red Admiral is out of control hahahah

This chapter killed him
  • The fact that Shanks equally clashes with old beard, but their blades were touching which confirms that Shanks didn't have the level of Haki that Primebeard had.
"Hakiman"

The Whitebeard commanders were severely younger, weaker and more inexperienced, but were strong enough to fight the Roger pirates equally for three days.

Akainu took on those commander + crocodile all by himself
:milaugh:

Not mentioning that Mihawk>Shanks is all but confirmed
#handsinpockets
#pocketknife

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I don't think Whitebeard was worried about himself against Oden. He was worried about his crew's safety.

In a sense, Roger said something similar to Rayleigh/Scopper this chapter despite Rayleigh being a top tier, although it seemed less serious. That plus the scar he gave to Kaido certainly further shows Oden can hang with top tiers.

It's just that Roger/Prime Whitebeard were a lvl higher. Remember that Whitebeard didn't harden his sword in the clash with Oden.

When Roger did so, he swatted Oden away as a fly with Oden not understanding what's going on, and he was out if words completely when both Roger and Whitebeard hardened their swords and used a haki lvl attack being so huge it was shifting the moby Dick at the other side of the island without their weapons colliding.

That alone shows that while Oden can hang with top tiers, Roger/Primebeard are a lvl higher to even Oden's understanding
True but I expect nothing less from the two strongest characters of all time in their prime.

What I need to see is where Oden is relative to someone like a Sengoku or Garp. Which a fight against Rayleigh would have shown in some way. Now that Rayleigh is being hidden in a way I'm simply getting the feeling Rayleigh is a notch above Oden.

No way can I see Roger dispatching Garp the way he did Oden. Which puts into question Oden's level among the top tiers. Hanging with top tiers isn't good enough when you're taking on Roger at his peak. We need confirmation Oden is a solid top tier, not on the lower end. Because it's granted the highest end characters in a tier can mid diff the lowest characters in a tier. (For example, Kat mid diffing Doffy).

Can Roger mid diff Sengoku? Rayleigh? Then we would be talking, as they have been confirmed to be the top tier standard. Oden is still in question. Damaging a non prime Kaidou isn't enough, he needs to actually be superior. Otherwise a prime Kaidou would beat Oden that much easier possibly placing him in a similar ballpark as Roger and WB.

Did rayleigh just turn admiral level after the years that roger died or something? How can rayleigh and gaben not solo white beards whole crew besides white beard? They had fkin kid vista and kid marco and kid jozu. The only Yonko commander level was oden and rayleigh and gaben would have destroyed him easily in a 2v1 and 1v1 probably mid or high diff.

Something is wrong here for sure. Roger crew held back a lot.
Everytime Oda off panel something there are questions and plot holes...

So much for Rayleigh needing help of Scopper to face Oden. They were casually like, "shall we cut them into pieces?"

Roger & Whitebeard - absolute monsters. The island and the whole sea is shaking.

@sanjikun in the spoiler thread you said, maybe advanced CoA is a PK level feat. I disagree. That advanced Haki is something Luffy already learned (by destroying the tree without touching it), it's an ability not uncommon in Wano. Even Sentomaru knows it and I am sure the Yonko do as well. Especially Shanks, who is focused on Haki instead of a DF. It's just that there are levels to that advanced Haki as well. Katakuri's Haki was clearly stronger than Luffy's as he broke through it. It is the same with advanced Haki. Kaido and Big Mom have it as well, though on a much weaker level than Roger and Whitebeard.

Shanks and Teach are the opposite in terms of power. Shanks naturally climbed up to Yonko level, while Teach is stuffing himself with DFs. He will probably eat a third one and then blow up.

@Inspector_Mu so Whitebeard had his fruit in this chapter, confirmed. That means Roger matched that kind of monster. :catpole:

At the end: story telling and plot >>> powerlevels. As long as Oda wants them to be equal, he'll make them equal.
That's what all those ridiculous powerscaler kids don't get.
Oda literally laughs at those idiots, because he himself doesn't give a fuck about powerscaling. All he cares about is the plot and story and he will do whatever fits the narrative best at the moment.

Chapter was dope! Prime Roger & Prime Newgate were insane. Through that one conqueror's haki clash this chapter, Oda's already established that they are in a league of their own. Next time we see that feat replicated would prolly be Luffy v Teach EoS hot damn! Even Oden was completely outclassed by Roger and Oden is no scrub. Fact that he had both Ray and Gaban's attention is testament to that. That said, I don't doubt that the two would've put him down just ass easily as Roger did. Also, the Roger pirates being evenly matched with the WB pirates is only believable imo, if Ray & Gaban didn't get their hands dirty. Prolly why Oda didn't show either of them in combat as no one on the WB pirate crew bar Newgate and Oden himself should be able to take them. Might also be why Oda had both attempt to go after Oden as opposed having them face off against scrubs. Also nice Bullet Cameo this chapter~! ^^. Power levels aside, Roger fecking earned that PK title. Shit took his whole life time to achieve:catcry:. Luffy is a lucky boy!

Flashback seems to be wrapping up tho, so we might just get the Oden/Kaidou flash back before the end of the year so looking forward to that~! I'm also lowkey interested in seeing the current state of Wano after Orochi took over as interim Shogun. Is it already in Ruin or was that mostly due to Kaidou?:unsure:

Lastly, interesting bit of info about BB and him never having slept a wink in his lifetime. Might be why Marco was it? said Teach has an odd body. Very interested in getting to know his backstory ^^. Luffy's a D like teach and he's able to sleep so prolly something to do with the environment Teach grew up in.

Yea Oda wants the crews to seem like equals just for the sake of the relationship between crews to seem organic, but when Rayleigh and Gabban look like they didn't even participate and with the island not being destroyed by the Gura alone, the underlying message here is to not take this seriously from a power ranking perspective. No one was going for the kill.
Except the clash itself, the implications are rather disappointing. These were basically friendly crews who took a piss rivaling each other for whatever reason that may be, never really serious fights. We do not see the demon Roger supposedly can become, or WB going fully at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.