Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Poor

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Awful

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The power scaling cancer from this chapter is going to be irritating as all hell, so fuck Oda for not giving a slight damn about power scaling in his story smh.

Honestly think the most wild thing is the disrespect people are already trying to throw Rayleigh's way because they can't understand something as simple as Roger interfering with the Oden clash was just him being greedy and showing a little bit of his character. Rayleigh's portrayal is still some of the best in the series at this point and shouldn't be devalued because of some battle that didn't give any vibes of being anything more than friendly scuffle between two rival crews.

My answer about the previous discussion on the spoiler thread:

Yes, we see him holding a gun and it's safe to assume that he used it but it doesn't mean he's more of a firearm expert than a swordsman.
Thanks for confirming my point, literally.

Once again: Unless you also believe that Roger is taking a photo shooting, this panel makes it clear that he uses every weapon as a tool to extend his combat skills.
Next.

We see him use a sword more time than a gun.
Yeah, during a single clash and when he attacked Oden, and so?

He attacked Oden with a named sword attack.
Big Mom has a named sword attack as well, can we also say that Big Mom is a swordsman?

...Nope, I'll stop asking that. At the end, people could seriously think Big Mom is a swordsman as well, lol.

He Attack and fought WB with blacken haki sword.
Yeah, and he used AdCoA to clash with WB without even making a physical contact.

He's clearly being portrayed as a swordsman.
Nope: Moreover, the OP lore obviously would have mentioned an important fact like that at least ONCE -> Roger being a swordsman -> the previous WSS -> Mihawk the next WSS and thus, Roger's successor.
But: Mihawk wasn't portrayed to be on par with Roger or Whitebeard...

My point is one random panel of a person exhibiting a random fighting style doesn't mean that's their actual fighting style...
Yeah, that's my point!

You guys are basing Roger's entire fighting style on a single clash when he fought against WB but we neither know whether Roger used other tools against Roger or if he just fought him with a sword.

And here we have people buying this single panel as an "ultimate proof" for Roger being a swordsman. C'mon, that's silly.

I can present you multiple panels with Sanji Zoro and luffy doing MORE SHIT than just stancing up like Roger did but with different fighting styles and it Doesn't reflect their fighting styles
You are allowed to do so; you're just confirming my arguments even more.

Once again: Unless you also believe that Roger is taking a photo shooting, this panel makes it clear that he uses every weapon as a tool to extend his combat skills.
Next.

Roger is fine with shooting people with guns but when an actual fight starts he isn't pulling out guns against fuckin whitebeard...
Dude, Roger was literally about to clash with Shiki and Co, another big guy - and he used a sword AND a gun.

You know, being delusional cannot even describe the amount of bias here, that's how ridiculous your arguments are.

In dressrosa Zoro kicked Dellinger because he's fine with kicking scrubs to get them out of the way but when fuckin Fujitora is involved he uses his actual fighting style... get it?
It's a fact that Zoro can perform his swordsmanship even without swords and furthermore, there was no real confrontation between Zoro and Dellinger whereas we have a full panel of information in which we can clearly see in the middle of the war where Roger and Co were ALREADY fighting Shiki and Co.

Thus, Roger had NO REASONS to hold back during this war, especially if we consider the possibility that Roger lost plenty of his crewmates as well.

Now that you mention it that I get this or not: totally. But unfortunately, I cannot say the same against you guys since you're often missing the point by coming up with misleaded instances which cannot be compared to this Roger vs Shiki clash.

Yeah, it's really okay dude; you guys just have to accept that Oda doesn't care at all about your entire Zoro narrative, at least when it comes to legends like Primebeard and Roger.
Must hurt knowing that your supposed "proof" is nothing but a misinterpreted panel, right?

all we need is one panel of Roger actually in a fight using his gunner skills and it's fine...
Immalva... eh anyway, dude, Roger didn't just hold a gun to make a freaking pose, lol.

It's certainly that Roger has gunner skills as well, otherwise he wouldn't even think about using a weapon which does not fit to him.

We shall declare Roger as a gunner... until then... NOPE
He's neither the best gunner nor the best swordsman, whatsover - he's simply an allrounder proficient with a lot of weapons as he proved at this chapter.

Enough of your nonsense.
Facts and arguments*

Is Roger more than a swordsman?
It seems so; at least we can definitely say that Roger is also proficient in other weapons which requires gunner skills.

May be, he used to fight Garp who is a brawler, so it's completely possible.
So you think it's a good possibility that Roger pummeled Garp with a barrage of fists, right? Then why do you say this:

But for now Roger is a swordsman.
???
No, for now Roger can be classified as a gunner or a swordsman but in fact, neither the OP lore (read above) nor a single statement mentioned something about him being a swordsman.

Until Roger shows other fighting styles (if any), you need to accept that.
Sure if Roger fits this criteria: Moreover, the OP lore obviously would have mentioned an important fact like that at least ONCE -> Roger being a swordsman -> the previous WSS -> Mihawk the next WSS and thus, Roger's successor.

And since this is not the case at all, I don't have to accept any shit here. Funnily enough that you guys are trying to push your Zoro narrative onto people who do not buy this fanfiction yet.

Ryuma is portrayed to be one of the strongest swordsmans ever and Zoro didn't gave a shit about surpassing him
Mihawk is probably stronger than Ryuma. The strongest swordsman up to date. Plus, Ryuma lived how long ago? Given their meeting at Thriller Bark, he didn't even know him previously. While Roger didn't live so long ago and is the most notorious man.

ig Mom has a named sword attack as well, can we also say that Big Mom is a swordsman?
Big Mom was also seen with a gun when she was in Xebec's crew. Big Mom is also seen beating the shit out of castle-Bege with her fists, and she also threw Queen around with brute force. Imagine Mihawk randomly engaging in a fist fight or using guns against strong opponents. Neither Big Mom nor Roger are swordsmen. Swords are just their weapon of choice.

Ryuma is portrayed to be one of the strongest swordsmans ever and Zoro didn't gave a shit about surpassing him
Come up with a character who didn't die 200-300 years ago; Roger is arguably the most well-known character in the story and many people have seen his entire fighting style.
If Oda still doesn't describe him as a swordsman, then he simply isn't a swordsman, it's that simple.

Oda don't give a fuck about power level ... in this case he really don't care about it

the only real power level thing I can understand from this chapter is that advance CoA can be beastly in highest level

about Dark King
the math won't work
cause base on the story so far

Prime Dark King > Kizaru
Kizaru ~ Akainu
Akainu > Prime Dark King

so .... I think Oda just want to tell his story ...

we need to wait for Dark King big feat to measure it probably

but as of now admirals can have a open claim to say Logia Admirals > Dark King

you can use this chapter as proof
and they would use Dark King Vs Kizaru as the counter logic
I dont get it ???

This chapter doesnt show Rayleigh is inferior to Akainu
The Wbp are a bigger pirat group than the Roger pirates

I dont get the akainu hype he just took the chance to sneaky attack heartattacking whitebeard who couldnt even use haki properly lol prime beard would two shot akainu on the spot and eat him at breakfast
there is a reason Oda downgraded WB in MF

It feels like Blackbeard will be a crybaby similarly to Obito. Destroying the world and drowning it into chaos because...he couldn't sleep?
Hope Im becomes the final villain in this case.

And lol at people who think Zoro will surpass Roger. This isn't Zolo Piece.
There are different possibilities. Oda likes to emphasize opposites and the clash of philosophies, it works better with the WG and Luffy right now than with BB. And now with dreamer vs cant dream, even worse.
Post automatically merged:

Nice try: Moreover, the OP lore obviously would have mentioned an important fact like that at least ONCE -> Roger being a swordsman -> the previous WSS -> Mihawk the next WSS and thus, Roger's successor.

Denial through the roof^10.

No, I am not blind and no, Illogical87, I don't have a Zoro pillar either, nor do I read Zoro Piece; saying Roger is a swordsman based on two panels is nothing but nonsense.

Tell me something new, Illogical87.

And there's no swordsman Roger against Shiki.
Back to square one. ;)

Neither does him holding and using a sword against WB make a swordsman.

Besides, "B-b-but Roger didn't shot with that gun! :(" fuck, I didn't know that Roger was just posing with his gun. Silly me. =/

His goal it is to become the greatest swordsman ever; hence, surpassing every single swordsman, if dead or alive, is Zoro's goal.
You describe yourself as a big Zoro fan and yet, you don't even know the goal of your beloved character. What a huge joke.
People have done that with shanks for years, people need to make up their mind.
Becausr we have seen him as much as roger fighting, so....

That ever thing was corrected by stephen, as many things fron the early translations.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Nice try: Moreover, the OP lore obviously would have mentioned an important fact like that at least ONCE -> Roger being a swordsman -> the previous WSS -> Mihawk the next WSS and thus, Roger's successor.
Denial through the roof^10.
Has your brain ever encountered the possibility of Roger being the greatest swordsman of his era without having the title WSS? :milaugh:
No, I am not blind and no, Illogical87, I don't have a Zoro pillar either, nor do I read Zoro Piece; saying Roger is a swordsman based on two panels is nothing but nonsense.
But you saying Roger isnt a swordsman based on 1 panel where he isnt fighting anyone is better? :milaugh:
Again, Roger just dealt with Oden and Whitebeard, who is his strongest opponent, with a sword. That ends your headcanon.
And there's no swordsman Roger against Shiki.
Back to square one. ;)
There is no Roger vs Shiki clash. It doesnt exist. There is Roger on his ship and Shiki on his ship, no Roger and Shiki in same panel. :milaugh:
Neither does him holding and using a sword against WB make a swordsman.
Yes, it obviously does since he has nothing else. When you take on the strongest with a sword, means that's your best way of fighting him. Error 404: Gun not found. :milaugh:
His goal it is to become the greatest swordsman ever; hence, surpassing every single swordsman, if dead or alive, is Zoro's goal.
You describe yourself as a big Zoro fan and yet, you don't even know the goal of your beloved character. What a huge joke.
LoL, do entertain me more. :milaugh: Do you see Zoro giving a single fuck about surpassing Ryuma? The only fuck he gives is about surpassing Mihawk despite wanting to be the best EVER. Should tell you something. :myman:

WB and Roger weren't true competitors. Just friends acting like they were serious when they aren't. Which is a bit disappointing but can't say I didn't see that coming miles away.
And that is where the problem stems from. This wasn't how it was represented in the past.

Buggy:"Whitebeard is the only man Who fought Roger and lived".Showing the ruthlessness of Roger

WB to Shanks :"when I look at your face it make my scar(s) ache. The scar(s) I got from him."
The middle scar of WB has been suggested to been from fighting Roger,as he doesn't have it young,but he has it when talking to Shiki.

Just a retcon at this point,because Oda wants xebec to be considered the biggest rival of Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.