Future Events Zoro vs Whos Who

Don DaSlayer

The Peerless swordsman
Yall need to stop assuming Luffy is going to surpass a Yonko as well as the WSC in a 1v1 all on his own, especially since there are other antagonists of a similar caliber after Kaido. Once you accept that as a possibility, you can see how not just Zoro, but how any of the SHs may not surpass YCs this arc. There are other allies who can fight YCs, not to mention Oda's bias for Luffy, i wouldn't doubt him fighting one.

I'm not speaking in absolutes, but I'm suggesting people open their minds to the F6 being the main opponents of Luffy's upper brass
Bro so creditless. :gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

the hilarity of the previous posters and the match up prediction were appalling.
I mean it's easy to say this if you weren't there actively predicting. Virtually no one got all current matchups right perfectly.

There was a point that many people here believed Kaido would be taken out by a team of pirates, now we are pretty much heading into the classic Luffy 1v1. Many people flipped back and forth on Zoro and Sanji's opponents, especially because King/Queen had the same personality connections Zoro/Sanji do, but there was also a big theory the time that Kaido would be taken put by the entire strawhat crew in the end. Thus the idea of Zoro fighting someone like WsW as a warmup fight before that.

There were people like me, who entertained this idea and also still believe Zoro vs King/Sanji vs Queen/Luffy vs Kaido was happening for months at this point. But the manga also flip flops on expectations, leading you to believe something else would happen in some cases too.

This is totally separate from Chrono's lame ass post though. His agenda was to force Zoro to a F6 opponent while Sanji fought someone stronger. It was always his point

I mean it's easy to say this if you weren't there actively predicting. Virtually no one got all current matchups right perfectly.

There was a point that many people here believed Kaido would be taken out by a team of pirates, now we are pretty much heading into the classic Luffy 1v1. Many people flipped back and forth on Zoro and Sanji's opponents, especially because King/Queen had the same personality connections Zoro/Sanji do, but there was also a big theory the time that Kaido would be taken put by the entire strawhat crew in the end. Thus the idea of Zoro fighting someone like WsW as a warmup fight before that.

There were people like me, who entertained this idea and also still believe Zoro vs King/Sanji vs Queen/Luffy vs Kaido was happening for months at this point. But the manga also flip flops on expectations, leading you to believe something else would happen in some cases too.

This is totally separate from Chrono's lame ass post though. His agenda was to force Zoro to a F6 opponent while Sanji fought someone stronger. It was always his point
There's a difference between not getting a prediction right and going full on brain-dead.

Imagine even implying that Zoro is going to fight the 5th or 6th strongest of the opponent crew in an arc where he has more portrayal, build-up and screentime than any other before- arguably matching if not surpassing that of Luffy's in first two acts. In Wano, the land of sword, of all places. After all the things with Enma, Hiyori, Yasui, etc etc etc.

I could go on and on and on about it tbh. But the prediction was about as logical as saying Usopp will never meet Yasopp again, or that Luffy's EoS opponent is Shiryu.

There's a difference between not getting a prediction right and going full on brain-dead.

Imagine even implying that Zoro is going to fight the 5th or 6th strongest of the opponent crew in an arc where he has more portrayal, build-up and screentime than any other before- arguably matching if not surpassing that of Luffy's in first two acts. In Wano, the land of sword, of all places. After all the things with Enma, Hiyori, Yasui, etc etc etc.

I could go on and on and on about it tbh. But the prediction was about as logical as saying Usopp will never meet Yasopp again, or that Luffy's EoS opponent is Shiryu.
Again, easy to say this in hindsight and insult people about it. There were other Supernova captains around and Zoro wasn't the only focus early on (I'm talking about when this thread was made). Like i said, WsW was being painted as a strong contender/rival for enemies like King and Queen, so it made it "feel" like King/Queen/WsW/Sasaki/Jack were of a more equal standing at the time.

Even I went back and forth on whether Oda would do classic matchups or something different and give Supernova heavier focus before fighting Kaido/Big Mom together.

In fact, reality has that Zoro ISN'T fighting the 2nd strongest villain this arc. Kid/Law are tagging Big Mom currently, so this logic sort of gets thrown out the window anyway. Even going back to Dressrosa, nothing even stated Pica was the 2nd strongest, even due to his Hax power. He went down before Trebol too. There will always be an argument there. Zoro also took out Monet (whom Tashigi finished), and Monet wasn't even the 2nd strongest villain there. Law/Smoker tagged Vergo, and there was heavier importance on that fight than anything Zoro did in Punk Hazard. Hell, Vergo is clearly stronger than Caesar, so Luffy didn't even fight the strongest villain that arc.

You also clearly didn't read my post, because I said Zoro vs WsW at the time was being painted as a warmup by a lot of people who thought he would fight someone at least before helping Luffy tag Kaido. Same goes for the other Supernova

Last edited:
Again, easy to say this in hindsight and insult people about it. There were other Supernova captains around and Zoro wasn't the only focus early on (I'm talking about when this thread was made). Like i said, WsW was being painted as a strong contender/rival for enemies like King and Queen, so it made it "feel" like King/Queen/WsW/Sasaki/Jack were of a more equal standing at the time.

Even I went back and forth on whether Oda would do classic matchups or something different and give Supernova heavier focus.

In fact, reality has that Zoro ISN'T fighting the 2nd strongest villain this arc. Kid/Law are tagging Big Mom currently, so this logic sort of gets thrown out the window already

This is ironically one of Chronos better threads, before shit devolved for him to try and not let Zoro fight King.
Zoro literally had a heavier focus than even Luffy for first two acts. The sheer amount of parallels, hype, portrayal and build-up he had was near insane (relatively speaking), because most of the things he did with Wano and its people resembled what Luffy generally does in an arc. This has never even happened before with any other Strawhat.

But no, it's not really "easier to say in hindsight". I know I always predicted Zoro vs King being bare minimum. I know most people predicted that- you can go look up polls and whatnot. The general consensus among majority of fans was always Zoro vs King- even on places like Reddit where people are toxic fucks who used to straight up insult you for even implying Zoro fighting or cutting Kaido (and guess what happened?).

This match-up was always ridiculous tbh.

Zoro literally had a heavier focus than even Luffy for first two acts. The sheer amount of parallels, hype, portrayal and build-up he had was near insane (relatively speaking), because most of the things he did with Wano and its people resembled what Luffy generally does in an arc. This has never even happened before with any other Strawhat.

But no, it's not really "easier to say in hindsight". I know I always predicted Zoro vs King being bare minimum. I know most people predicted that- you can go look up polls and whatnot. The general consensus among majority of fans was always Zoro vs King- even on places like Reddit where people are toxic fucks who used to straight up insult you for even implying Zoro fighting or cutting Kaido (and guess what happened?).

This match-up was always ridiculous tbh.
I mean, the complete opposite happened here. You clearly haven't been here long enough to make those Zoro vs King claims, because I was making them since March 2020 and this place was by far the worst of the worst when it came to insulting users for believing that matchup, especially when Zoro was on the roof. This lasted virtually up until last week.

Edit: @Shanal read my posts dude. You aren't aren't comprehending why some people said Zoro vs Who's Who in the first place lol. Some suggested it would be a matchup before Zoro permanently faced Kaido with Luffy. I'm not talking about Chrono's dumb post that started this thread.

Last edited: