Current Events The Decade of Zoro

Law's going to be the greatest swordsman in the world? That's news to me.

Well sorry Brook, Zoro's gotta beat you into the ground. You are a swordsman and Zoro has got to be the best. Man, come on guys. Zoro is on a different path then Law and Brook.

:milaugh:Thanks for the laugh though.
Not about that. Law is swordsman, Zoro is gonna be the WSS, therefore, Zoro must be > Law. See my logic?
Post automatically merged:

that is why they call him surgeon?

zolo better hope law is not a swordman because your boy will never become wss, law will be WSS
So if a man's epithet is not about swordsmanship, he's not a swordsman? Poor Zoro and Mihawk, must tell them that they are not a swordsmen.

S

stealthblack

Not about that. Law is swordsman, Zoro is gonna be the WSS, therefore, Zoro must be > Law. See my logic?
Post automatically merged:

So if a man's epithet is no about swordsmanship, he's not a swordsman? Poor Zoro and Mihawk, must tell them that they are not a swordsmen.

it's not his epithet it's his job as much as swordman is for zoro. next you tell me chopper is swordman.

...yeah I see it, but Oda isn't that particular about it. To him, Zoro just needs to beat Mihawk for the title of WSS. It's not tournament style where Zoro has to beat a bunch of Swordsmen. Also I don't disagree with you, Zoro is going to surpass Law and Kid eventually, but Law being a swordsman doesn't factor into it much.

We shall see how this year will play out but as mentioned before, i believe the alliance will get destroyed. In the end, i expect Luffy to shine more this year though, although both their developments were interesting from them meeting at the beginning of Wano and causing havoc, Oda giving them side story intimately relating them to Wano, and training before the assault in Onigashima

--------------

-----------------------------------

-------------------------------------------

---------------------

So better just wait and see
Btw is this the first time Zoro is actually fighting for something personal?
All I remember is Luffy fighting for Vivi, Rebecca, etc..

Yes, unfortunately. All his fights were "I will fight him because he's a swordsman/in my way" and etc. And I'm quite glad that he wants to kill Orochi not because he is swordsman or something else, but because of his personal grudge to him.

I'd say the times Zoro has fought for something personal before have solely been for the crew. Specifically Ohm, Enel, CP9 and Ryuma were all for the crew.

-Ohm he was really pissed off about Chopper getting beaten up
-Enel he got pissed that he'd attacked a woman (Robin)
-I can't remember if it's his first or second round against Kaku , I think the first, but he got angry when it was confirmed that Robin was being coerced and Kaku started laughing at him for caring
-he went after Ryuma before Luffy even asked him, purely because he wanted to get Brooks shadow back. Okay, and also some minor selfishness of wanting to fight a famous samurai and get his sword, but mostly for Brook.

They haven't been as major as his vendetta against Orochi this arc, but I do think they are fights that are a bit more personal than Mr 1, Hachi, Pica and so on, which pretty much are just a more vague "Zoro is a Strawhat so fights guys the Strawhats are fighting."

I'd say the times Zoro has fought for something personal before have solely been for the crew. Specifically Ohm, Enel, CP9 and Ryuma were all for the crew.

-Ohm he was really pissed off about Chopper getting beaten up
-Enel he got pissed that he'd attacked a woman (Robin)
-I can't remember if it's his first or second round against Kaku , I think the first, but he got angry when it was confirmed that Robin was being coerced and Kaku started laughing at him for caring
-he went after Ryuma before Luffy even asked him, purely because he wanted to get Brooks shadow back. Okay, and also some minor selfishness of wanting to fight a famous samurai and get his sword, but mostly for Brook.

They haven't been as major as his vendetta against Orochi this arc, but I do think they are fights that are a bit more personal than Mr 1, Hachi, Pica and so on, which pretty much are just a more vague "Zoro is a Strawhat so fights guys the Strawhats are fighting."
That's the problem. Even if he had something personal to someone, it's because of the other strawhats. But now he finally got a personal conflict with Orochi not because "he did something bad to my crewmate, so I'll kick his ass", but because of Yasui, Toko, Hiyori and Ebisu Town citizens. I just hope that Oda won't screw it up.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Ehh, I don't know if Wano will reach its climax this year, and there is heaps load to unpack this arc. Plus, I'm not confident the Raid will be successful. Nobody has taken the BMPs into account. If I had to bet on any year for Zoro to shine, it'd likely be next year.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Ehh, I don't know if Wano will reach its climax this year, and there is heaps load to unpack this arc. Plus, I'm not confident the Raid will be successful. Nobody has taken the BMPs into account. If I had to bet on any year for Zoro to shine, it'd likely be next year.
What if the raid on Onigashima will be successful and the supposed tragedy of Act 3 will be Oden's death from the flashback? :sus:
Maybe Oda's intention is not to raze Wano to the ground like he did with poor Dressrosa. Not that there is much left that doesnt look like a wasteland already but the capital truly looks beautiful and maybe he wants to preserve that.
Onigashima looks like the location they can demolish all they want and the rest of the country would remain in one piece...

The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh! I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest.

But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break! Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far?

I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.]

While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.

The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!!

OK. Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!! The next year of One Piece will also be SO, SO MUCH FUN!!

~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
What if the raid on Onigashima will be successful and the supposed tragedy of Act 3 will be Oden's death from the flashback? :sus:
Maybe Oda's intention is not to raze Wano to the ground like he did with poor Dressrosa. Not that there is much left that doesnt look like a wasteland already but the capital truly looks beautiful and maybe he wants to preserve that.
Onigashima looks like the location they can demolish all they want and the rest of the country would remain in one piece...
It's possible Oden's death is the mandatory tragedy, but we've already known even before Wano that Oden dies. It just doesn't pack the stakes a potential failure on Onigashima would. Everyone has hedged their bets on this plan working. It's so much more suspensful and exciting to see how they confront a scenario where all that planning of their's failed.

Jinbe's and Neko's arrival should also be given spotlight, sort of a form of second hope. There's no reason to delay their, especially Neko's arrival if it's not to be dramatic in some way. And the present forces against Kaido are simply not enough.

The year of the 20th anniversary of the One Piece TV series really hit us with all its fury. There have been tons of events, illustrations, films, the whole thing was jam-packed, huh! I would like to use this chance to seriously thank everyone who took the time to join in!" To all the staff involved in all of this: Great work, everybody! Now you can finally rest.

But, well... As for the source material, I don't think I'll have any time to rest myself. In fact, I've already destroyed all my own chances at a break! Are you enjoying the adventures of Kouzuki Oden so far?

I've been worried about revealing spoilers in this arc, so I've been super careful drawing it. If I don't keep myself in check, I'll end up plotting out the entire rest of One Piece's story right there. [Note: He probably means spoiling so much, that everybody is gonna be able to guess the ending.]

While I'm showing all these flashbacks, Luffy's party's adventures are having their stakes risen as well. They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in!! Well, of course, Luffy is not the sort of person to think about those sorts of things though.

The Wano Kuni arc is finally moving towards its climax as well!! I've been looking forwards to drawing Wano Kuni a lot, so I'm psyched! And once it's over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will...!! Vivi will...!! Hancock will...!! AAAAAAAA...!!!

OK. Last but not least, the exhibition you all came here for is just about to begin! Please take a close look at everything!! The next year of One Piece will also be SO, SO MUCH FUN!!

~December 2019, Eiichiro Oda
The time has come

:Zorow/InfinityGauntlet: