Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrot...

- What is Carrot's dream?
To go to the sea like Yamato? Using the same logic that people use against Yamato, she doesn't need the StrawHats to accomplish this.

- What is Carrot's tragic past?
She was living very happily until Jack appeared at Zou, is this the tragic past? She was not the main focus on that flashback, Inu and Neko were the ones who suffered the most.

- Carrot's power.
Is she really stronger than Usopp? Maybe in Sulong form which is a BIG problem for Carrot. If the StrawHats fight against Blackbeard, we will need to wait until the Full moon? Her power is only "useful" once per month. Or maybe Chopper will create some medicine or drug to activate the Sulong form more often, big asspull because the Mink is a one thousand civilitzation with doctors capable of creating a medicine to restore temporarily someone broken like Zoro. They could have already figurated how to boost their own power.

- Carrot's role: "lookout"
Hmm, who is the one doing Carrot's job?

- Carrot protagonism through the arcs.

In WCI she was a secondary character but at least she had lot of interactions with the StrawHats.
In Wano she is a background character.
Wano Panel Time (909-1025)
>1. Luffy: 1179
>2. Zoro: 651
>3. Kaido: 579
>4. Kin'emon: 561
>5. Oden: 429
>6. Kiku: 410
>7. Sanji: 383
>8. Momo: 351
>9. Kawamatsu: 335
>10. Nami: 332
>11. Linlin: 326
>12. Tama: 299
>13. Queen: 285
>14. Law: 273
>15. Yamato: 262
>16. Orochi: 260
>16. Raizo: 260
>18. Denjiro: 256
>19. Shinobu: 254
>20. Hyogoro: 252
>21. Usopp: 244
>22. Hiyori: 243
>23. Robin: 234
>24. Inu: 233
>25. Franky: 232
>26. Ashura: 231
>27. Chopper: 228
>28. Kanjuro: 213
>29. Kid: 201
>30. Neko: 194
>31. Brook: 151
>32. Ulti: 143
>33. Killer: 136
>33. Hawkins: 136
>35. Marco: 133
>36. Jinbe: 130
>37. Yasu: 118
>38. King: 114
>39. Black Maria: 113
>40. Page One: 109
>41. Toko: 105
>42. Sasaki: 104
>42. Izo: 104
>44. Drake: 98
>44. Onimaru: 98
>46. Who's Who: 92
>47. Toki: 89
>48. Carrot: 85
>49. Roger: 83
>50. Apoo: 79

Also we are in the arc where the StrawHats will defeat their first Yonko, but Carrot is not fighting any Beast Pirate.
Ofc this could change and maybe she will be revelant in the next arc. Or even in another act of Wano.

-Final thoughts

Carrot was the strongest candidate to join in the past, but the more we move forward she is becoming more irrevelant.
I would like to both Carrot and Yamato to join, but if someone makes me choose.. Yamato has a stronger case currently, IMO.

Thanks for reading, I'm working on improving my English so please excuse any mistakes.

:pepemwai:

IMO one of the biggest reasons Carrot had so much potential as a crew member is because of the lack of candidates and discussion at the time

just look at the candidates at the time, after Jinbe received and post-poned his recruitment, we had

Kinemon- at the time seemed interesting but he was introduced with a "son" he couldn't abandon and nothing really going for him except that it would round out the crew swordsmen 1, 2 and 3 sword styles

Monet- because she's a logia and assumed she was some crazy expert in astronomy because of a book in the background (even though part of a navigators job in to navigate using the stars)

Caesar- Post Punk Hazard he was a logia that stuck around... that's it

Everyone who joined the Grand fleet- while they did eventually form the Grand Fleet, they had nothing in terms of raw individual focus that would lead to them joining which lead to people grasping at straws

And a crap ton of other characters the people latched on to with no focus
The only character I could say i actually thought had a chance at joining but I still didn't think or want her to was Rebecca

So when Carrot showed up, just like all the other non viable candidates of the past people latched on and her popularity rose up because she got a bit more of a focus and actually built a working friendship with the crew (unlike characters like Caesar or Monet)

In conclusion I think Carrot hype mostly came from being the first candidate that showed up and

- made friends with the crew
- no crazy attachments that could prevent her from joining
- stuck around to show what she could do

But the issue with her is that it wasn't expanded past that

- no meaningful interaction with Luffy
- no central focus in a major A or B plot line
- no deeper meaning as to why she is so motivated to go out to sea, just "i want to go on an adventure"

"Luffy not calling Yamato by her real name = Luffy not acknowledging her presence" is such a shallow argument. Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember Luffy calling Chopper by his name in the Drum Island Arc either.

Luffy being surprised and impressed by Yamato holding off Kaido alone for him while he was away and thanking her is more recognition and respect than Luffy has ever given Carrot, i.e ignoring Carrot when she bites his ears, or being saved from under Katakuri's boot and never asked if she was okay.

Luffy telling Yamato to protect momo shows that Luffy already treats Yamato more naturally and has more trust in her like his own crew by giving such an important job to someone his has just met, just like when Luffy tasked Franky to protect Robin in Enies Lobby when he was busy fighting Rob Lucci. Carrot actually has more recognition from Sanji, since Luffy never consoled Carrot when she was grieving Pedro's death. It's also Yamato that Luffy is fighting alongside right now against Kaido, he isn't gonna come to help Carrot in her fight against Perospero.

Luffy was already listening to Yamato's story in the attic when they first met, despite how hasty he was, and also removed her cuffs for her. It was there where Yamato also told Luffy her dreams and goals, has Carrot done that yet?

Carrot meanwhile has never had, and still hasn't had the developments and writing necessary for a straw hat, she has never been a main character in any of the arcs she's been in. And now that she's not even fighting a important member of the beast pirates, she's completely removed from Wano's central plot and story, not that she was ever important to begin with- Carrot also wasn't a main character in WCI either.

The truth of the matter is that no other character aside from Yamato in the current Wano Arc is being developed as the potential next straw hat, no other potential straw hat has their dreams and ambitions explored on the level of Yamato's.

Tama was the first possibility, but then her saying that she wants to see Momo as Shogun and live in a free Wano was the nail in the coffin imo.

The only character that's given enough focus and writing in the Wano arc right now, enough for them to be a straw is Yamato.

Yamato won't join because Luffy doesn't call her by her real name is a pretty meaningless argument imo.
I would argue that Law has the proper setup too. If it's not Yamato, it's him.

Law definitely has the writing and character development down, he's also been with Luffy and the rest of the crew for so long that his absence would definitely be felt if he leaves and goes his own way after Wano. The only question is what happens to his crew if he joins the Straw Hats.
The tragedy of Act 3 is Law's entire crew getting sat on by Jack, leaving him with nothing but the Strawhats...

In all seriousness though, it does seem important to his storyline that he finds out what the Will of D is, so maybe he could continue with them? Unless Yamato or Momonosuke can just tell him from Oden's journal.

The tragedy of Act 3 is Law's entire crew getting sat on by Jack, leaving him with nothing but the Strawhats...

In all seriousness though, it does seem important to his storyline that he finds out what the Will of D is, so maybe he could continue with them? Unless Yamato or Momonosuke can just tell him from Oden's journal.
I think Kidd will take Law's role for at least until Luffy beats Shanks, he should want revenge after all

Law sits out until FW

Law definitely has the writing and character development down, he's also been with Luffy and the rest of the crew for so long that his absence would definitely be felt if he leaves and goes his own way after Wano. The only question is what happens to his crew if he joins the Straw Hats.
I guess the same thing that happened to Jinbei's crew:kayneshrug:

I would argue that Law has the proper setup too. If it's not Yamato, it's him.
If Oda would just give me both in the crew I’d build him a proper shrine in my basement.
Post automatically merged:

Burn them at the stake. We just need Law.

IMO one of the biggest reasons Carrot had so much potential as a crew member is because of the lack of candidates and discussion at the time

just look at the candidates at the time, after Jinbe received and post-poned his recruitment, we had

Kinemon- at the time seemed interesting but he was introduced with a "son" he couldn't abandon and nothing really going for him except that it would round out the crew swordsmen 1, 2 and 3 sword styles

Monet- because she's a logia and assumed she was some crazy expert in astronomy because of a book in the background (even though part of a navigators job in to navigate using the stars)

Caesar- Post Punk Hazard he was a logia that stuck around... that's it

Everyone who joined the Grand fleet- while they did eventually form the Grand Fleet, they had nothing in terms of raw individual focus that would lead to them joining which lead to people grasping at straws

And a crap ton of other characters the people latched on to with no focus
The only character I could say i actually thought had a chance at joining but I still didn't think or want her to was Rebecca

So when Carrot showed up, just like all the other non viable candidates of the past people latched on and her popularity rose up because she got a bit more of a focus and actually built a working friendship with the crew (unlike characters like Caesar or Monet)

In conclusion I think Carrot hype mostly came from being the first candidate that showed up and

- made friends with the crew
- no crazy attachments that could prevent her from joining
- stuck around to show what she could do

But the issue with her is that it wasn't expanded past that

- no meaningful interaction with Luffy
- no central focus in a major A or B plot line
- no deeper meaning as to why she is so motivated to go out to sea, just "i want to go on an adventure"
Trainwreckstv that’s true - YouTube

-You can also add this for some people saw as Carrot good marketing for monster girls or furriers to get into one piece.

-She had supposed role on the crew by being the ships "look out" which Luffy hype way back long ring Long land arc (Foxy arc)
-As well her mentor figure sacrifice himself in real time which has never been done before and she also has inherited her mentor figure will supposedly
-Basically, suslong and there was a theory about her possible eating monet's devil fruit Snow-Snow Fruit
-A lot of people also had high expectation with Carrot going into wano. As Rogerbase, Tekkan101, Arther, and Im D. King
both mention in their videos multiply times in terms of in dept backstory going into wano, possible working alongside the straw hats throughout wano arc, and having 1v1 conversation with Luffy. Fighting against perospero to get some resolution when he was heading to ongishima to follow his mother. Surly this would resolve Carrot to be an important character to be one straw hats right? Right?

Carrot situation
-Now that Yamato is confirmed to be monster girl and furry there is your marketing right there. As well she is bringing a Distinctive personality that is not common among female cast in one piece. In terms of tom boy, tough girl and yankee style female character.

-Even though Carrot has highlights seeing things from a far distance. It’s characters like Zoro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Chopper. And Robin who are skilled enough do that already. Zoro trains multiply times in the lookout area. Nami can already sense the weather coming. Ussop has been shown throughout series to be Very vigilant type character when saving his crew against various enemies. As well the enemy he is going fight in future is going to shots things from long range. Sanji according to the sbs is very skilled with observation haki. To point that he can hear the tears of tashighi being attack by vergo and katkurai tossing Jellybean towards him. Chopper as animal he could listening things coming from a far distance. Robin’s devil fruit basically sprouts different body parts including one of her eyes. We might not know what Yamato would be at this point time oda could also create one for her to do.

-Now that Yamato basically has something like the monet theory, 24/7 suslong coming to reality and having haki include well I guess it makes her a better combatant/fighter against upcoming threats that straw hats will face in the future.

-Despite Carrot losing her mentor figure. We know very little of her history with him We know pedro backstory in whole cake island. We have no idea what his relationship was like with his Apprentice and before she even met him. Yamato on other hand you’re getting to know more about her tragic past. By being alone with no friends and father basically mentally and physical abuses her. She she also has explosive cuffs on her wrist that took her freedom away. She is right now screaming and crying out for freedom. Inserting herself into the plot before she even met Luffy’s in the first place by give Ace's the virve card. Yamato at least has a Legitimate reason to leave because she was prisoner under father organization for 20 years. She has been saying this throughout this entire raid. Her leaving could cause her to get stronger and be able have little bit self-discovery for oneself to find her purpose life. Unlike oden who didn’t really have reason leave wano he wanted to do that because that was goal. When traveling outside of wano he started to learn little bit about himself and learn about how his country use to be open to the world.

-I will be honest I originally thought Carrot might have something going on for her throughout wano. After rereading wano she hasn’t done anything worth mentioning beside saving Marco alongside with Wanda. Her fight was completely off screen. Now you’re having someone else who is not straw-hat deal with perospero is like kick in the gut. Very similar how kyros took over Rebecca place in order avenge his companion. In Kyros case his wife. Yamato is getting a lot more characterization, screen time, chapters dedicated to her, and she is doing something rather important for straw hats survival and for the samurai continue fighting. Without her be involved the straw hats and alliance are good as dead they would lose there will to fight.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Trainwreckstv that’s true - YouTube

-You can also add this for some people saw as Carrot good marketing for monster girls or furriers to get into one piece.

-She had supposed role on the crew by being the ships "look out" which Luffy hype way back long ring Long land arc (Foxy arc)
-As well her mentor figure sacrifice himself in real time which has never been done before and she also has inherited her mentor figure will supposedly
-Basically, suslong and there was a theory about her possible eating monet's devil fruit Snow-Snow Fruit
-A lot of people also had high expectation with Carrot going into wano. As Rogerbase, Tekkan101, Arther, and Im D. King
both mention in their videos multiply times in terms of in dept backstory going into wano, possible working alongside the straw hats throughout wano arc, and having 1v1 conversation with Luffy. Fighting against perospero to get some resolution when he was heading to ongishima to follow his mother. Surly this would resolve Carrot to be an important character to be one straw hats right? Right?

Carrot situation
-Now that Yamato is confirmed to be monster girl and furry there is your marketing right there. As well she is bringing a Distinctive personality that is not common among female cast in one piece. In terms of tom boy, tough girl and yankee style female character.

-Even though Carrot has highlights seeing things from a far distance. It’s characters like Zoro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Chopper. And Robin who are skilled enough do that already. Zoro trains multiply times in the lookout area. Nami can already sense the weather coming. Ussop has been shown throughout series to be Very vigilant type character when saving his crew against various enemies. As well the enemy he is going fight in future is going to shots things from long range. Sanji according to the sbs is very skilled with observation haki. To point that he can hear the tears of tashighi being attack by vergo and katkurai tossing Jellybean towards him. Chopper as animal he could listening things coming from a far distance. Robin’s devil fruit basically sprouts different body parts including one of her eyes. We might not know what Yamato would be at this point time oda could also create one for her to do.

-Now that Yamato basically has something like the monet theory, 24/7 suslong coming to reality and having haki include well I guess it makes her a better combatant/fighter against upcoming threats that straw hats will face in the future.

-Despite Carrot losing her mentor figure. We know very little of her history with him We know pedro backstory in whole cake island. We have no idea what his relationship was like with his Apprentice and before she even met him. Yamato on other hand you’re getting to know more about her tragic past. By being alone with no friends and father basically mentally and physical abuses by her father and she also has explosive cuffs on her wrist. She is screaming and crying out freedom. Inserting herself into the plot before she even met Luffy’s the first by the virve card. Yamato at least has a Legitimate reason to leave because she was prisoner under father organization for 20 years. She has been saying this throughout this entire raid. Her leaving could cause her to get stronger and be able have little bit self-discovery for oneself to find her purpose life. Unlike oden who didn’t really have reason leave wano he wanted to do that because that was goal. When traveling outside of wano he started to learn little bit about himself and learn about how his country use to be open to the world.

-I will be honest I originally thought Carrot might have something going on for her throughout wano. After rereading wano she hasn’t done anything worth mentioning beside saving Marco alongside with Wanda. Her fight was completely off screen. Now you’re having someone else who is not straw-hat deal with perospero is like kick in the gut. Very similar how kyros took over Rebecca place in order avenge his companion. In Kyros case his wife. Yamato is getting a lot more characterization, screen time, chapters dedicated to her, and she is doing something rather important for straw hats survival and for the samurai continue fighting. Without her be involved the straw hats and alliance are good as dead they would lose there will to fight.
Biggest problem with Carrot is that she's still the opposite of a SH.

-All of the SHs struggled for their entire lives and Carrot was happy in Zou without conflict

-All of the SHs were main characters in an arc that revolved around them for their recruitment, and Carrot has always been a supporting character at best for over 200 chapters.

-All of the SHs had connections to the main villain and needed the SHs help to beat them, and Carrot had/has nothing like that.

Currently, she completely separated from the main conflict of Wano and was nowhere near the SH battles. The main argument is that Oda will go the exact opposite route for Carrot and Carrot alone, and that everything so far is just a red herring to throw people off.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Honestly don’t know how or why we’re even discussing Carrot at this point…if she joins, it won’t be for any reason other than “She’s been hanging out in the background long enough,” and if she doesn’t, obviously. Like I’ve said many times, she can still join and it would be perfectly fine; there’s no longer any place in the known multiverse where she joins the crew and Yamato doesn’t, that’s just not in the cards anymore.

NGL I honestly thought that Carrot would join post WCI. She shined during WCI especially with her Sulong form. Then came Wanokuni arc, and Yamato appeared. At first I still have a bit of faith like “okay maybe Carrot will have time to shine” (and I haven’t joined WG) but let’s face the truth: Carrot is definitely non-existent since the appearance of Yamato until now. Even Karuu had more importance than Carrot. It’s about time to be realistic and accept the obvious fact.

Honestly don’t know how or why we’re even discussing Carrot at this point…if she joins, it won’t be for any reason other than “She’s been hanging out in the background long enough,” and if she doesn’t, obviously. Like I’ve said many times, she can still join and it would be perfectly fine; there’s no longer any place in the known multiverse where she joins the crew and Yamato doesn’t, that’s just not in the cards anymore.
That's not even a valid reason to join the Strawhats.. If you're trying to be fair by still giving Carrot chances, but no future Strawhat would get ignored in the entirety of Wano or the arc before they join.. She nowhere near a Nakama, Luffy couldn't care less about her and has probably forgot her name.. Carrot is a side character, she will never be a Strawhat..

Status
Not open for further replies.