Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I feel better about it now. Beating Perospero was an obvious reason to keep her around, but now we see she's around for a different reason... I just don't believe that Oda brought her along for nothing. I also don't think her beating Perospero would have been satisfying, since Perospero did nothing wrong (before the raid).
Yeah, you've got it spot on.

People seem to think I should be bitter about Carrot not having a role in Perospero's defeat when the very thing we've been trying to argue is that Carrot's role in the story goes beyond Perospero, lol. Because guess what? If Carrot doesn't have her special moment to shine vs Perospero, it simply means she's going to have it elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

Everyone was in full agreement that Carrot would definetly get some type of highlight moment. This alone ofc doesn't mean she's joining the crew and tons of side characters have had their special moments. However, the need for Carrot to still have this moment doesn't just vanish into thin air simply because you were wrong about how and when it would happen.

Independently from the "who's join" debate (i'm more of a jinbe the last guy) is this even going to get an actual resolution?:kaidowhat:
It was Pedro's final words so that's something that absolutely can't be ignored. Other characters have brought it up like the scabbards, Toki and Yamao. But Carrot's the special one because she's yet to fully understand it. Something which she's the only character to share with the audience.

In other words, our understanding of this incredibly important concept of "the dawn" has been tied to Carrot. When she gets it, we'll get it. With all of these other characters we're just told that they know about the dawn, with Carrot we'll witness her grow to understand what it means. This would suggest that Carrot's understanding of the dawn is significantly important since she's the only one that had to go through the process of understanding what it truly means.

Why do you think so?
With cat viper dealing Perosparro it really undermines her own motivational drive to join the straw hats in the first place. If had been one straw hats that did it could increase chance but not anymore. This very similar situation what happened in dressrosa when kyros fought against diamante. During that scene a lot fans thought rebecca would join the crew. Her father had step in fight for her and the death of his wife. Throughout wano and and raid she only accomplish one thing that save Marco. Other than that, she hasn’t done much anything and her fight was completely skip over. She isn't even focusing on the main plot that the straw hats are doing right now. All straw hats were able defeat to defeat their respect opponent yes, they were assisted by others to help them. People will argue Yamato didn’t defeat her dad. True, however, Yamato’s wasn’t supposed to be the one who defeats Kaido. In fact, she knew from the start she couldn’t win. She was there to by some time until Luffy arrived. Which both queen and JImbei were both curious who is dealing with Kaido now. Why isn’t he down here. On top that notice in this chapter Luffy doesn’t tell Yamato go follow momo. He is only let momo do this thing on his own. So, it possible we might see team effort between both Luffy and Yamato but will have wait and see.

Lol, why would I not be good? This chapter happened just as I expected.

People seem to think "Oh the Carrot fans thought that she would join the crew if she beat Perospero", when in reality the argument was always the other way around. It was the people who argued against Carrot that claimed she'd beat Perospero since that meant they could kick her out of the story for good after it happened.

People thought that Carrot beating Perospero would mark the end of her character arc. They fought that would be her moment to shine and her sendoff from the story. Only that it wasn't... Carrot had nothing to do with Perospero's ultimate defeat. But all the same loose ends with her character still remain.

-She still needs to prove herself a mighty warrior.
-She still needs to realise the true importance of the straw hats.
-She still needs to prove that she's moving forward
-She still needs to have her "moment to shine"

For the people now doubting Carrot's big moment, just because you were wrong about the time and place of it happening doesn't mean that you were wrong about it needing to happen at all. People thought the Perospero fight would provide closure for her character... Yet it didn't... The answer isn't suddenly "Oh, then Carrot won't get closure". It simply means that her closure will come from something else Oda has in mind.

I've always believed that the actual fight was never the important part. It was always the potential for dialogue (which can now come with Neko), and the potential for growth in her character (which seems imminent).
The year is 2040, One Piece has ended 10+ years ago.
A random guy: Don't worry guys ! next year Oda will make a memorial chapter where Carrot will join the crew and get her pay-off !

surely no strawhat has gotten this sidelined in an arc they were supposed to join?
No Strawhat has gotten this sidelined in ANY arc. Period.

The year is 2040, One Piece has ended 10+ years ago.
A random guy: Don't worry guys ! next year Oda will make a memorial chapter where Carrot will join the crew and get her pay-off !
Understanding the fundamentals of set up -> pay off isn't complicated. Just read some more books, you'll pick it up soon enough. x

Momo is not joining the crew he has made clear from start he wants take over wano that’s what people are fighting for during this raid
Yeah i know he wants to because shogun and so do the people of wano but maybe something in the journal is going to give him a reason to hold off on becoming shogun

With hiyori maybe holding his place till he comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.