Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
carrot was on a sidequest to fight a guest character then her fight was offscreened and when oda was back to it it was only to see perospero. carrot was just mute and the scene was only a perospero scene. then someone else takes the fight from her and she just watches and even this fight is offscreened. it is not same as robin watching luffy take down crocodile but helping him survive the first encounter and be relevant on the final it is regular treatment of a secondary character when there are many more important characters to be focused.

Last edited:
*Gets disciplined for repeatedly personally attacking other people over their harmless opinions*

"I’m sorry for attacking you the way I did; it was mean spirited and totally uncalled for. You don’t have to accept this apology or even respond, I will fully understand and plan on leaving you alone regardless of how this message is received."

Me: Fine then... *Doesn't respond*

"HeE sOw MeAn An IgNoRe mE!!"

*Resumes random personal attacks*

When you reek that much, don't be surprised if others can smell your stench from miles away and act in accordance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
But I do kind of agree with Dizzy to an extent, we still haven’t gotten any payoff or catharsis for Carrot and the stuff that was set up for her at the end of WCI. But at the same time the Jack plot line makes it clear that sometimes Oda doesn’t care about payoff lol. I find it so stupid that this subplot was dragged out for over 100 chapters just for …this….. Peros might as well have died at the end of WCI, it would’ve saved me a lot of typing :josad:
The Jack plot DID have a payoff. Yes, it was incredibly rushed and underwhelming but Oda didn't ignore the set up. He just cut all the fanfare and put out the absolute bare minimum that needed to happen. The only essential thing was that Inu needed to show Jack the true power of the minks and get his revenge. That happened.

That's not the case with Carrot. She has specific points that need to be addressed:

-Realising the true importance of the straw hats
-Becoming a mighty warrior
-Having a moment to shine
-Keeping moving forward

None of those have been resolved.

THANKS.
Defeating perospero would have been meh AF for her, now she's free to do whatever she wants to do XD
Akka, with the Mugis xD

Carrot4Nakama will be dead the day she says goodbye to Luffy and his crew at the end of Wano, she could always reappear how she did in Zou xDxD
carrot growing from her revenge against perospero and deciding not to pursue it not the same as she not be able to carry it because she had to watch someone do it for her. the first means character development but the other means she was denied her current own plot line.
carrot is not graduating from this plot to go to the next but being denied this one. this is how much importance oda gives to carrot plot line: he gives it to someone else only to offscreen it all.

Last edited:
carrot growing from her revenge against perospero and deciding not to pursue it not the same as she not be able to carry it because she had to watch someone do it for her. the first means character development but the other just means she was denied her current own plot line.
carrot is not graduating from this plot to go to the next but being denied this one. this is how much importance oda gives to carrot plot line: he gives it to someone else only to offscreen it all.
The bold can still be the case depending on a possible conversation with Neko. We already had Carrot thinking back on Pedro's words telling her to keep moving forward during a moment when she was hung up on the past and getting revenge. Pedro's very words are essentially telling her that she should be focusing on bigger things than Perospero so the momentum is there for her to go onto to help elsewhere, rather than just do nothing.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
*Gets disciplined for repeatedly personally attacking other people over their harmless opinions*

"I’m sorry for attacking you the way I did; it was mean spirited and totally uncalled for. You don’t have to accept this apology or even respond, I will fully understand and plan on leaving you alone regardless of how this message is received."

When you reek that much, don't be surprised if others can smell your stench from miles away and act in accordance.

The Jack plot DID have a payoff. Yes, it was incredibly rushed and underwhelming but Oda didn't ignore the set up. He just cut all the fanfare and put out the absolute bare minimum that needed to happen. The only essential thing was that Inu needed to show Jack the true power of the minks and get his revenge. That happened.

That's not the case with Carrot. She has specific points that need to be addressed:

-Keeping moving forward

Sure seems like everyone here thinks your shit smells worst than mine, but I guess you need to tell yourself A LOT of things like this to feel better about what a bitch you are (just like Yamao!!), so I’ll let you have this one 😘
Post automatically merged:

Like, yeah, you don’t have to accept the apology…and you’ll go from being an alleged classless piece of trash to a confirmed one :gokulaugh:

Last edited:
The bold can still be the case depending on a possible conversation with Neko. We already had Carrot thinking back on Pedro's words telling her to keep moving forward during a moment when she was hung up on the past and getting revenge. Pedro's very words are essentially telling her that she should be focusing on bigger things than Perospero so the momentum is there for her to go onto to help elsewhere, rather than just do nothing.
the revenge was never carrot own plot because the moment she decided to pursue it wanda was there with her. wanda was not there one minute before but oda put her there in that moment so the revenge belong to the minks not to carrot alone. i think oda only created this plot with the minks wanting to avenge pedro to create another enemy to the tribe and give nekomamushi a mirror fight when inuarashi fought jack. inuarashi fights the man that almost destroyed the tribe and nekomamushi fights the man that killed one of them.

Lol, we’re watching in real time some people getting their headcanons squashed. Carrot got Rebecca-ed right before our eyes. Even now people are reaching back to WCI to argue Carrot’s chances rather than what’s happening right in front of us. Oh, it was never about Perospero, it was about this one tiny flashback way back when. Alternate reality stuff, really. And I thought Dressrosa nakama arguments were bad.

As for Yamato being impressed by Momo…wut? Yamato just witnessed Luffy stand defiantly against Kaido AND inspire a weakling to get over his fears. Yamato has not seen that since Oden. There’s only one person bringing inspiration to Yamato here, and it isn’t Momo.

Besides, Momo’s gone, and Yamato’s still on the roof. You’d think Yamato would jump onto Momo’s back and teach him how to use his powers if they were meant to be together, yeah? Looks like we’re getting that Yamato and Luffy tagteam after all without any baggage. The Wano citizens are going to see Momo as their savior, and see Yamato as part of Luffy's gang. As it should be.

the revenge was never carrot own plot because the moment she decided to pursue it wanda was there with her. wanda was not there one minute before but oda put her there in that moment so the revenge belong to the minks not to carrot alone.
Agreed. But the revenge was never the important bit for Carrot's character. Revenge is by nature focused on the past. Pedro's final words were telling her to look forward, to the future, and that she personally would realise the importance of the straw hats. From before Perospero even arrived at Onigashima, I only ever saw the fight as a springboard to something greater, not as the end itself.

So yeah, the revenge wasn't just a Carrot thing (although she had the most development with it), but her realisation of the dawn is a thing personal to Carrot. Neko and Inu already know what the dawn is after all. Carrot's the one that has to go through the process of putting two and two together.

Lol, we’re watching in real time some people getting their headcanons squashed. Carrot got Rebecca-ed right before our eyes. Even now people are reaching back to WCI to argue Carrot’s chances rather than what’s happening right in front of us. Oh, it was never about Perospero, it was about this one tiny flashback way back when. Alternate reality stuff, really. And I thought Dressrosa nakama arguments were bad.

As for Yamato being impressed by Momo…wut? Yamato just witnessed Luffy stand defiantly against Kaido AND inspire a weakling to get over his fears. Yamato has not seen that since Oden. There’s only one person bringing inspiration to Yamato here, and it isn’t Momo.

Besides, Momo’s gone, and Yamato’s still on the roof. You’d think Yamato would jump onto Momo’s back and teach him how to use his powers if they were meant to be together, yeah? Looks like we’re getting that Yamato and Luffy tagteam after all without any baggage. The Wano citizens are going to see Momo as their savior, and see Yamato as part of Luffy's gang. As it should be.
I love how he points out Yamato's happy face this chapter as evidence she'll stay with momo after completely ignoring the even bigger one she had when she saw Luffy last chapter and refusing to respond to anyone who mentioned it:gokulaugh:

Also yeah, it looked more like she was inspired by Luffy's leadership rather than Momo anyway. I think Momo is still on the roof though. Still a 3 on 1.

- Carrot doesn't need her own arc
- Carrot doesn't need a tragic past
- Carrot doesn't need Luffy to defeat the main villain
- Carrot doesn't need to have panel time
- Carrot doesn't need to fight against someone relevant in the Beast Pirates
- Carrot doesn't need to have fights not off-screened

It's pretty weird to me, to have someone who is supposed to join the crew be this secondary and irrelevant in the arc where the StrawHats are defeating their first Yonko. OFC we don't know what Oda will do, but it's not looking good for Carrot IMO.

Also... Oda is starting to forget about things...

The Rebecca comparisons only further prove my point lmao.

-Rebecca was someone who inherited her mother's will that you mustn't hurt others.
-Kyros specifically taught her only how to defend herself, instead of how to attack.
-All throughout the battle with Diamante she's repeatedly thinking about how she absolutely doesn't want to fight
-At the core of the whole Kyros and Rebecca relationship is the fact that Kyros is "tainted" from killing whilst Rebecca is pure and a pacifist

Her entire character was about how she doesn't hurt others lol. Hence it's absolutely no surprise that in her big battle she was saved by her Dad and didn't need to resort to fighting.

Carrot's character couldn't be more of a complete opposite

-She's a mink, a tribe of naturally born warriors
-She's always eager and ready to fight at a moments notice
-Her relationship with Pedro is centred around combat and her promise to become a "mighty warrior"
-Carrot inherited Pedro's fight in WCI after he died

So whilst the pacifist character was unsurprisingly saved in her big battle and didn't have to resort to combat, the battle centred character is undoubtedly going to prove herself to be the mighty warrior she was set up to be. Expecting the same long term outcome from these characters is totally missing point.

At this point its just sad to see the remaining Carrot fans still clinging on because they have their heads too far up their butt they can't see shit..

If we were keeping this thread open based on the chances of Carrot being a Strawhat it would have been locked long before now lol
Or remove Carrot from the poll..

Just read One Piece bro.
That's good, his short reply means that your original comment really got under his skin..

-She's a mink, a tribe of naturally born warriors
-She's always eager and ready to fight at a moments notice
-Her relationship with Pedro is centred around combat and her promise to become a "mighty warrior"
-Carrot inherited Pedro's fight in WCI after he died
Ergo, Carrot will be inheriting Pedro's Guardian spot... As simple as that...

If we were keeping this thread open based on the chances of Carrot being a Strawhat it would have been locked long before now lol
This post was so savage Worstgen asked me if I was sure about liking it :catsweat:

It will be extremely ironic if the end is Yamato leaving on the One Piece adventure she always read about and the Minks taking residence in Wano as their post Zunesha home and becoming its guardians (a role they had all their lives) given some of the talking points here :madmonk:

- Carrot doesn't need her own arc
- Carrot doesn't need a tragic past
- Carrot doesn't need Luffy to defeat the main villain
- Carrot doesn't need to have panel time
- Carrot doesn't need to fight against someone relevant in the Beast Pirates
- Carrot doesn't need to have fights not off-screened

It's pretty weird to me, to have someone who is supposed to join the crew be this secondary and irrelevant in the arc where the StrawHats are defeating their first Yonko. OFC we don't know what Oda will do, but it's not looking good for Carrot IMO.

Also... Oda is starting to forget about things...

very good point. Robin joins after Luffy defeated his 1st Shichibukai. If that’s the case, Yamato joins after Luffy defeats Kaido, Luffy’s 1st Yonko to be defeated.

Carrot had potential, NGL. But now her potential bites the dust, especially with recent chapter that both of her supposed main villains are defeated by non-Straw Hats. It has never been ever, that a potential nakama, to have her/his main villain defeated by non-Straw Hats prior joining. It’s either he/she defeat the main villain themselves, or Luffy defeats them.

-Keeping moving forward

I agree that those need to be addressed but why is oda going about it in such an underwhelming manner? In the biggest post time skip arc, why is “the next SH” being treated worse than most side characters? It’s like he’s reluctant to even give her panel time or even a reaction panel. At first I thought it could be him subverting expectations and that carrot would get get moment during the peros fight, but clearly that didn’t happen. I just don’t see why if carrot’s meant to join, oda wouldn’t give carrot the grandiose welcome he gives to all the SHs. So yeah those points need to be addressed, but to me it doesn’t seem likely anymore that them being addressed leads to the outcome of carrot as a SH

Strawhats don't get sidelined, but we've seen Strawhat candidates get sidelined plenty. Imagine if we had this thread opened and there were people arguing about Nico Robin during Alabasta... "Lol you think it's gonna be Robin and not Vivi? Vivi's been in the spotlight for multiple arcs, and Robin is a bad guy that just got impaled by Crocodile... you don't do that to Strawhat candidates." Brook lost to Ryuma, had a moment against Oars, then got BTFO. Franky was basically just a prisoner for the end of W7 and the first half of Enies Lobby. Carrot got an epic spread in Sulong form, but got beaten because of clouds. Now that the pointless revenge plot is over, we can see the real role that Carrot can play, with the possibility of some more Sulong as well.

Strawhats don't get sidelined, but we've seen Strawhat candidates get sidelined plenty.
No we haven’t. No Strawhat in waiting has ever been treated anything nearly as poorly as Carrot has. Losing is not a problem- losing, getting no dialogue of note, being relegated to side panels, her enemy being rushed through and not even getting a proper fight- that is a problem. Or it is if you think she’s going to be a Strawhat. For someone who doesn’t, Carrot’s being relegated to the sides is just continuing a pattern that has existed since Zou.

Imagine if we had this thread opened and there were people arguing about Nico Robin during Alabasta...
Like comparing an apple, not to an orange, but a potato.

Robin was not sidelined. Robin was a very enigmatic villain with her own agenda who had inexplicably saved Luffy and was talking about the mysterious D and the Poneglyphs. People would not have been talking about her as a Strawhat, it was still early in the series, we were used to Strawhats joining at a fairly regular basis, Vivi seemed like the one, but she was one of the most interesting parts of the arc who‘s true motives would provoke the most discussion.

Carrot, nothing like that. There is no mystery or depth to Carrot. Even her precious dawn plot has been taken by the other characters of Wano.

Brook lost to Ryuma, had a moment against Oars, then got BTFO.
Brook was invited to the crew the very first time Luffy met him, was revealed to know Laboon and rescuing his shadow for the explicit purpose of getting him on the crew was one of the main aims for the fight against Moria and his crew.

Has a single Strawhat cared about Carrot vs Perospero? Is Luffy fighting Kaido for the sake of Carrot? Sanji and Chopper were both on WCI, Chopper actually saw Pedro and Perospero blow up, and he didn’t even comment on Perospero being there. And Chopper’s the Strawhat closest to Carrot.

Franky was basically just a prisoner for the end of W7 and the first half of Enies Lobby.
“Basically just a prisoner” where he got a multi-chapter flashback revealing him to be a shipwright (which the crew was explicitly looking for) whose adoptive father built the Pirate King’s ship, had the blueprints to Pluton and was taken prisoner to die by the World Gov

And then spent the first half of EL helping Robin to come to the realisation that she should live.

Again, Carrot has nothing like that.
Carrot got an epic spread in Sulong form,
She had to share it with Wanda, she didn’t even get it to herself.
we can see the real role that Carrot can play, with the possibility of some more Sulong as well.
Perospero was a plotpoint entirely built around her and she did next to nothing in it. There is absolutely no reason to think she’s suddenly going to have a bigger role elsewhere in Wano when her and the entire Mink plot on Wano has been treated with such disinterest from Oda.

Status
Not open for further replies.