Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigran101

Maybe you don't know me, and that's okay, welcome here is who I am.. But I know ALL about Carrot. So needless to say that yes, I know about this and this and this.. and other things you don't even know about.

But that's cool, I'm here to do that.. step after step. Right now.. it wouldn't be fun if I was just storming through your doors with the C4N theory. Plus you would not even listen to the argument so it would be pointless.

No.. What I will do first is testing the field, gain recon on how many of you I have to convince or at least manage, spill down some fun fact about Carrot and striked down biaised arguments.. And when you will be less toxic about Carrot's fanbase as a whole.. I will give you the full stuff.
Post automatically merged:

JoSeungHun7335

No need to make screenshot the Size of your bias for YamaO it won't make you right. You spoke for me and you still don't understand the problem and I despise that. End of the line.

Well Garp the Fist

Those are the wrong conclusions.

Chopper went through hardship BEFORE joining the strawhats. This is again a wrong comparison plus Carrot's Character is completely different from Chopper's..

But don't worry I feel like you want to see Carrot have her moment.. Something tells me it's coming.

Last edited:
JoSeungHun7335

No need to make screenshot the Size of your bias for YamaO it won't make you right. You spoke for me and you still don't understand the problem and I despise that. End of the line.
I was just giving evidence. It’s hilarious that you’re pressed with your own words, and basically all you said about me is reflection of yourself.
:mihanha:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Now Yamato is heading towards the Wano people. They will hail her as some sort of guardian deity of Wano.

Oda literally hints here and there that she will be Wano's protector to repay for what her father did and people still believe she is going with the Straw Hats.

Who will protect Wano after the war especially that they want to open the borders and CP0 already trying to lure Wano into the WG?

Lmao.

You lot got caught up in the moment. It's a copy/paste situation with Carrot. People also were losing their shit after she was introduced and later went with Straw Hats to WCI.

The difference here is that Yamato repeats Oden's line and everyone believes she will be Oden to Luffy's Roger.

She may go outside but it won't be the case, at least not now.

She will be included in the Grand Fleet or just ally force at best during the final war against the WG.

Now Yamato is heading towards the Wano people. They will hail her as some sort of guardian deity of Wano.

Oda literally hints here and there that she will be Wano's protector to repay for what her father did and people still believe she is going with the Straw Hats.
It's no coincidence she's in her Wano guardian wolf form. The oguchi no makami was also a protector deity against fires in the myths. All the samurai and yakuza are going to see their mythological guardian deity running around putting out fires to protect them.

Another opportunity to establish a connection between Yamao and her people. Likely just set up for them accepting her as Momo's retainer at the end of the arc.

It's no coincidence she's in her Wano guardian wolf form. The oguchi no makami was also a protector deity against fires in the myths. All the samurai and yakuza are going to see their mythological guardian deity running around putting out fires to protect them.

Another opportunity to establish a connection between Yamao and her people. Likely just set up for them accepting her as Momo's retainer at the end of the arc.
Yeah \o/. I figured it out.

This is indeed the most probable option right now. The theme of protection is been milked all around Yamao right now. Her design, her role with Momo, the commentators, kaido's words.

Tho I wonder how Oda will make the Samourai accept her.. It would be cool to see her bring back up how she was helped by Samourai.. those ending up the reason why she would be accepted..

Sigran101

Maybe you don't know me, and that's okay, welcome here is who I am.. But I know ALL about Carrot. So needless to say that yes, I know about this and this and this.. and other things you don't even know about.

But that's cool, I'm here to do that.. step after step. Right now.. it wouldn't be fun if I was just storming through your doors with the C4N theory. Plus you would not even listen to the argument so it would be pointless.

No.. What I will do first is testing the field, gain recon on how many of you I have to convince or at least manage, spill down some fun fact about Carrot and striked down biaised arguments.. And when you will be less toxic about Carrot's fanbase as a whole.. I will give you the full stuff.
Post automatically merged:

JoSeungHun7335

Well Garp the Fist

Those are the wrong conclusions.

Chopper went through hardship BEFORE joining the strawhats. This is again a wrong comparison plus Carrot's Character is completely different from Chopper's..

But don't worry I feel like you want to see Carrot have her moment.. Something tells me it's coming.
Clearly you don't know me either. I'm a Carrot fan and I want her to join the crew. I'm just a bigger fan of Yamato, and I think the case for her joining is far stronger than Carrots. If you have convincing arguments that Carrot will join, I'm happy to hear them. I'd be interested to hear your theories too. I've long held the opinion that the Carrot fanbase's pro Carrot arguments are pretty good, but their anti Yamato arguments are shit. In a perfect world (for me at least) we'd get both, so don't just assume I'll ignore your theories if they're good.

Clearly you don't know me either. I'm a Carrot fan and I want her to join the crew. I'm just a bigger fan of Yamato, and I think the case for her joining is far stronger than Carrots. If you have convincing arguments that Carrot will join, I'm happy to hear them. I'd be interested to hear your theories too. I've long held the opinion that the Carrot fanbase's pro Carrot arguments are pretty good, but their anti Yamato arguments are shit. In a perfect world (for me at least) we'd get both, so don't just assume I'll ignore your theories if they're good.

Cool ! :D I'll try to convince you that the opposite will actually happen ;)

Like I said on Arlong Park, i'm working on a thread debunking the argument for Yamato right now, should be up in a day or two on reddit. For the full Carrot For Nakama theory.. I want to do something solide so it takes time and my mental health does not help me much lol but you can always go check this THREAD, I have here my most powerful arguments. I figured recently that I should developped them a lot more to make them more accessible so expect some changes.

Last edited:
I do hope Momo and Yamato join the crew tho my only issue is that if it does happen the crew would have 3 zoan users… I’m not sure it it matters at all, but I hoped for a logia type to join. Tho these two would fit greatly in the crew.

I do hope Momo and Yamato join the crew tho my only issue is that if it does happen the crew would have 3 zoan users… I’m not sure it it matters at all, but I hoped for a logia type to join. Tho these two would fit greatly in the crew.
Yamato and Momo joining would be redondant. Both are representing Wano, both are representing Dragons in diffrent shapes.

Nah, if you want a duo, bet more on Carrot AND Yamato or Carrot AND Momo.. but even in that last one, I don't see a world where Momo can go where Tama does not.

And this without even talking about the posts.

Cool ! :D I'll try to convince you that this opposite will actually happen ;)

Like I said on Arlong Park, i'm working on a thread debunking the argument for Yamato right now, should be up in a day or two on reddit. For the full Carrot For Nakama theory.. I want to do something solide so it takes time and my mental health does not help me much lol but you can always go check this THREAD, I have here my most powerful arguments. I figured recently that I should developped them a lot more to make them more accessible so expect some changes.
I doubt I'll be convinced that Yamato won't join, but I hope you can convince me on Carrot! I'll check out your thread.

Who will protect Wano after the war especially that they want to open the borders and CP0 already trying to lure Wano into the WG?

Lmao.

You lot got caught up in the moment. It's a copy/paste situation with Carrot. People also were losing their shit after she was introduced and later went with Straw Hats to WCI.

The difference here is that Yamato repeats Oden's line and everyone believes she will be Oden to Luffy's Roger.

She may go outside but it won't be the case, at least not now.

She will be included in the Grand Fleet or just ally force at best during the final war against the WG.
Indeed. Imo Yamato's chances dropped like a stone the moment her fruit was called the guardian deity of Wano.

Yamato and Momo joining would be redondant. Both are representing Wano, both are representing Dragons in diffrent shapes.

Nah, if you want a duo, bet more on Carrot AND Yamato or Carrot AND Momo.. but even in that last one, I don't see a world where Momo can go where Tama does not.

And this without even talking about the posts.
Carrot is irrelevant tbh. She doesn’t even have the potential Yamato has. Yamato doesn’t represent a Dragon in anyway shape or form. And Momo has nothing to do with Tama as he barely know her and she is 8 years old and Momo is now 28 years old.

See when adult Momo first transformed, it was Luffy who witnessed, immediately recognized and commented about his transformation.

Yet when Yamao transformed

None of Straw Hats witnessed it, and not coincidence that it's Heart Pirates who witnessed and commented about it.

Momo will join Straw Hats. He is always more relevant, important character since literally years ago from Punk Hazard arc.
Yamao, the last minute added character in Wano arc, will join Law's crew, which was also last minuted added character in Sabaody.

This is indeed the most probable option right now. The theme of protection is been milked all around Yamao right now. Her design, her role with Momo, the commentators, kaido's words.
Yep. It truly is every aspect of her character.

-Her guardian devil fruit
-Her guardian themed hair
-Her guardian themed attack names
-Her guardian themed desires
-Her guardian themed backstory
-Her guardian role in the story
-Her guardian themed name(s)

It's not just nitpicking one minor thing. The overwhelming idea surrounding her character is centred around protecting, nation-building and guarding.
Tho I wonder how Oda will make the Samourai accept her.. It would be cool to see her bring back up how she was helped by Samourai.. those ending up the reason why she would be accepted..
It's all right there and only requires a little analysis to piece together.

She believed the samurai would hate her because of her connection to her father, but when they fed her and she got to know them she was truly amazed and even asked if one day she could become a warrior of Wano too. Fast forward 20 years and she's still totally unknown by the Wanoese and has no friends. Then throughout the raid we see she starts becoming very close friends with Momo and Shinobu and talks about how much she admires them and wants to protect them.

Wano created their own previous enemies in Orochi and Kanjuro through unjust persecution due to their bloodline. Yamao being the daughter of Kaido is the perfect character to use to demonstrate how Wano has changed and is willing to accept her, regardless of her connection to Kaido. But there needs to be some definitive moment that proves they truly accept Yamao. Her scurrying away with the straw hats immediately after the arc simply wouldn't mean anything. That's why I think Momo accepting Yamao as his companion and retainer, with the people of Wano celebrating the decision simply makes much more sense.

See when adult Momo first transformed, it was Luffy who witnessed, immediately recognized and commented about his transformation.

Yet when Yamao transformed

None of Straw Hats witnessed it, and not coincidence that it's Heart Pirates who witnessed and commented about it.

Momo will join Straw Hats. He is always more relevant, important character since literally years ago from Punk Hazard arc.
Yamao, the last minute added character in Wano arc, will join Law's crew, which was also last minuted added character in Sabaody.
Momo is not joining the crew Luffy's crew. He is going to be shogun wano he has been saying since dressrosa, zou, wano, and through this raid. Yamato doesn't Own Law anything. Luffy was the one who free Yamato from chain that bound her on the island he basically dealing with the person who effect her with personal truma. She has more fixated on meeting Luffy since talking to Ace. As well she wanted to assist Luffy when he fought against Kaido. She proclaimed her attention directly towards her father what she want to do with life.

Baffling to me how many times this needs to be stated.

- Carrot has been irrelevant since the 880's. It's been a 150 chapters. People argued for YEARS about her Wano relevance that never came.

- Yamato, a character introduced 20 chapters deep into Act 3, has 6x the amount of paneling than Carrot has gotten this entire arc. She already has almost more paneling in 50 chapters than Carrot has gotten in 200.

- Carrot's Sulong was a "big" deal because it was the first time we saw it. Funny is how it's retroactively not a unique power at all. The 2nd time she used it, Wanda fought with her. Then Neko just upstaged her and Wanda and beat Perospero

- Even her background with Pedro and her revenge is flimsy at best. It's been entirely resolved by a different character.

- Yamato's power entirely overshadows Carrot's lol. It's a permanent, mythical zoan with zero caveats to being a limited power. Carrot literally can't transform on any other time than a full moon.

- Carrot was a small portion of one chapter and the beginning of another to show Sulong. That's it. Yamato had nearly 5 chapters, where 2 chapters were almost essentially focused on her fight with Kaido, with actual named moves. Carrot has only Electro, which is shared by virtually every other member of her race lol. Funny enough is Oda is STILL making Yamato relevant with her powers. Wait until she disposes of the bombs. Who'll stand in her way? What trouble will she continue to get into?

- Carrot has had ZERO personal time with Luffy. Every other strawhat, INCLUDING Yamato has gotten this screentime with Luffy. Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji got it when Luffy first met them or soon after. Chopper got those moments during the fight with Wapol. Robin got it when Luffy saved her life in Alabasta, Franky got it when Luffy fought Lucci and he entrusted Robin's safety to him (sound familiar?). Brook received it with Luffy during the Piano scene after the arc centralized to him and he got his flashback. Jinbe received it post Marineford on Amazon Lily. Yamato got it when Luffy and her first met, followed by ALL of the scenes of acknowledgment the last few chapters where they look at each other and nod. Carrot has NOT gotten this.

- Yamato has verbally expressed leaving with Luffy no less than 4 times already

- Yamato being the protector of Wano is what her FATHER wants, not what she wants. Imagine thinking she'll stay and protect Wano in irony, especially when the 9 scabbards will 100% be alive and fine by the end of the arc and Momo is a Kaido sized dragon.

- Yamato has received the beginnings of a tragic flashback, which all crew members have received, including Jinbe. Carrot has not.

- Yamato has ties to Ace, like Jinbe. Similar to how Usopp has ties to Yasopp, who Luffy knew. Similar to how Brook has ties to Laboon, who they all know.

I really don't get how several users here can just be so far up their own ass in denial at this point. It's really weird. I actually wouldn't mind if Carrot joined, but youre nuts if you think Oda has been trying to state that she's set up to join the last 120 chapters. Yamato on the other hand has had flags planted at every single corner of most chapters showing off her good natured personality, naivete, strength, desire to sail, ADMIRATION for Luffy, ties to Ace, etc.

And no, Momonosuke did not receive remotely the same level of strawhat relevance. He has arc/Saga relevance, there is a massive difference to portrayal here. Nothing about Momo's skillset is warranted a spot on the crew. He's never uttered a word on desiring to sail with Luffy. He's solely has talked about his goal to becoming Shogun, that's it. Ya'll need to start facing reality and actually read the story you put your eyes on.

You want Carrot join? Better to hope she becomes a stowaway and Oda decides to focus on her later. Otherwise she has nothing going for her now

Last edited:
Carrot is irrelevant tbh. She doesn’t even have the potential Yamato has. Yamato doesn’t represent a Dragon in anyway shape or form. And Momo has nothing to do with Tama as he barely know her and she is 8 years old and Momo is now 28 years old.
Yes yamao represent a Dragon as she is the daughter of one. Her devil fruit does not negate this representation.

As for Tama, you should read closely Wano again and observes how Tama and Momo are fonctionning narratively. They are a twin pair, where Tama goes Momo follow and where Momo goes Tama follows. In fact I call you this to you right there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Tama ask for Shinobu to grow up too to help Momo.

When momo was little, him and Tama were a pair I could see on the crew, fitting nicely the theory of the Zodiac as a plus, but now.. I can't see any post for them. So Momo will most likely take is rightfull place as Shogun and Tama will try to protect him.

Baffling to me how many times this needs to be stated.

- Carrot has been irrelevant since the 880's. It's been a 150 chapters. People argued for YEARS about her Wano relevance that never came.

- Yamato, a character introduced 20 chapters deep into Act 3, has 6x the amount of paneling than Carrot has gotten this entire arc. She already has almost more paneling in 50 chapters than Carrot has gotten in 200.

- Carrot's Sulong was a "big" deal because it was the first time we saw it. Funny is how it's retroactively not a unique power at all. The 2nd time she used it, Wanda fought with her. Then Neko just upstaged her and Wanda and beat Perospero

- Even her background with Pedro and her revenge is flimsy at best. It's been entirely resolved by a different character.

- Yamato's power entirely overshadows Carrot's lol. It's a permanent, mythical zoan with zero caveats to being a limited power. Carrot literally can't transform on any other time than a full moon.

- Carrot was a small portion of one chapter and the beginning of another to show Sulong. That's it. Yamato had nearly 5 chapters, where 2 chapters were almost essentially focused on her fight with Kaido, with actual named moves. Carrot has only Electro, which is shared by virtually every other member of her race lol

- Carrot has had ZERO personal time with Luffy. Every other strawhat, INCLUDING Yamato has gotten this screentime with Luffy. Zoro, Nami, Usopp and Sanji got it when Luffy first met them or soon after. Chopper got those moments during the fight with Wapol. Robin got it when Luffy saved her life in Alabasta, Franky got it when Luffy fought Lucci and he entrusted Robin's safety to him (sound familiar?). Brook received it with Luffy during the Piano scene after the arc centralized to him and he got his flashback. Jinbe received it post Marineford on Amazon Lily. Yamato got it when Luffy and her first met, followed by ALL of the scenes of acknowledgment the last few chapters where they look at each other and nod. Carrot has NOT gotten this.

- Yamato has verbally expressed leaving with Luffy no less than 4 times already

- Yamato being the protector of Wano is what her FATHER wants, not what she wants. Imagine thinking she'll stay and protect Wano in irony, especially when the 9 scabbards will 100% be alive and fine by the end of the arc and Momo is a Kaido sized dragon.

- Yamato has received the beginnings of a tragic flashback, which all crew members have received, including Jinbe. Carrot has not.

- Yamato has ties to Ace, like Jinbe. Similar to how Usopp has ties to Yasopp, who Luffy knew. Similar to how Brook has ties to Laboon, who they all know.

I really don't get how several users here can just be so far up their own ass in denial at this point. It's really weird. I actually wouldn't mind if Carrot joined, but youre nuts if you think Oda has been trying to state that she's set up to join the last 120 chapters. Yamato on the other hand has had flags planted at every single corner of most chapters showing off her good natured personality, naivete, strength, desire to sail, ADMIRATION for Luffy, ties to Ace, etc.

And no, Momonosuke did not receive remotely the same level of strawhat relevance. He has arc/Saga relevance, there is a massive difference to portrayal here. Nothing about Momo's skillset is warranted a spot on the crew. He's never uttered a word on desiring to sail with Luffy. He's solely has talked about his goal to becoming Shogun, that's it. Ya'll need to start facing reality and actually read the story you put your eyes on
Couldn't say better myself

Yes yamao represent a Dragon as she is the daughter of one. Her devil fruit does not negate this representation.
Not to mention her hair colour.
Kaido's df is the Seiryu (azure dragon), but it's also known as the green-blue dragon. Look at the pic of it and you'll see that the colours red, white, green, blue match up directly with Yamao, which is no surprise since she's the daughter of the Seiryu.

Orochi/Kaido - Evil shogun + evil guardian
will be replaced by
Momo/Yamao - Good shogun + good guardian

You'd think this would be fairly obvious, but common sense is not so common.

Status
Not open for further replies.