Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to specially discuss her.

after got insane amount of spotlight:
1. Weekly Shonen Jump made special interview with Saori Hayami, who we all know as Yamato’s VA
2. One Piece official youtube channel & One Piece official twitter also welcomes Saori Hayami
3. Yamato specially made her animated appearance debut, in one of We Are One special episode

Now with this special upcoming discussion, in One Piece official youtube channel, about Yamato. For those who might don’t know what the big words are: “Is Yamato going to be a Straw Hat crew? Isn’t she?”

And if you guys open the youtube link, the caption specifically says: 仲間がいるよTube which means “I have nakama-tube”

That’s very much for being an irrelevant character. It’s like Oda wants to put it directly into fans’ face, that whether you like it or not, Yamato is relevant and 99% joining. The 1% is when Luffy finally invites/accepts her, after Kaido is defeated.

P.S.: and also, the background color of Yamato will possibly be Yamato’s specific color: deep orange / persimmon. In Japanese it’s “柿色”. It connects with Oden’s iconic deep orange kimono.
So what did they say

Nami took one shot of Ulti and was almost out. Nami IS a glass canon. Carrot is immune to nami's electricity until further proof.
- Brook is about speed in straight lines. HE can't handle the speed of the Sulong. I did not talk about electro for brook as he is immune to electricity. But strenght wise, Carrot is better.
- Robin could catch Carrot, but Carrot has electro. One powerful attack is enough to let Robin ungrap her.

In one piece it's all about the context. You have to take everything into account, that's why I use the electricity against Franky but not Brook, even if one is stronger than the other
You talk about context yet you don’t focus on that… when was it ever said Nami only took one hit? There’s no such a thing as minks being immune to electricity especially the ones Nami can do. Nami’s electro attacks >>>> every mink. Again baseless assumption in the favor of Carrot lol. There’s no such a proof that someone like Carrot can even react to Brook. Again Carrot hasn’t shown anything impressive or even at all when it comes to strength.
Carrot hasn’t shown impressive lightening attacks be feared in that regard against Robin a person who received hits by Enel. Even if you assume Carrot surprised Robin with the lightning attack and let go of Carrot, she is bound to get caught again easily and gets destroyed faster than she could even react.

Carrot isn’t a match for the mid trio. Pedro was a match for them and it’s debatable if he could win or not. A much inferior fighter to him “Carrot” isn’t even up for this challenge.

You talk about context yet you don’t focus on that… when was it ever said Nami only took one hit? There’s no such a thing as minks being immune to electricity especially the ones Nami can do. Nami’s electro attacks >>>> every mink. Again baseless assumption in the favor of Carrot lol. There’s no such a proof that someone like Carrot can even react to Brook. Again Carrot hasn’t shown anything impressive or even at all when it comes to strength.
Carrot hasn’t shown impressive lightening attacks be feared in that regard against Robin a person who received hits by Enel. Even if you assume Carrot surprised Robin with the lightning attack and let go of Carrot, she is bound to get caught again easily and gets destroyed faster than she could even react.

Carrot isn’t a match for the mid trio. Pedro was a match for them and it’s debatable if he could win or not. A much inferior fighter to him “Carrot” isn’t even up for this challenge.
You can't say that Nami's electricity power is superior to the mink without that being proven into the story.

When it comes to strenght Carrot clashed with Zoro, it's far more than enough.

Carrot IS a match for the mid trio as all match up are about context and circomptances. Plus there is no proof that Pedro was stronger than Carrot. Those ARE baseless assumptions.

You can't say that Nami's electricity power is superior to the mink without that being proven into the story.

When it comes to strenght Carrot clashed with Zoro, it's far more than enough.

Carrot IS a match for the mid trio as all match up are about context and circomptances. Plus there is no proof that Pedro was stronger than Carrot. Those ARE baseless assumptions.
you really lost all credibility with this post. I honestly lost all interest in replying anymore with this. How can you get every single sentence wrong!!! And talk about analyzing characters and context of the story :whitepress:

you really lost all credibility with this post. I honestly lost all interest in replying anymore with this. How can you get every single sentence wrong!!! And talk about analyzing characters and context of the story :whitepress:
There is a rule in One Piece. If you didn't get to see the fight.. don't expect too much about it.. because you will be surprised.

You can go if what I'm saying itches you

So what did they say
basically they say that Oda has been giving us the obvious clues & evidences, but at the same time Oda is intentionally toying with fans. It’s like we are at the palm of Oda, and Oda decides to play with us a bit more.They were also talking about the goroawase of Kuma’s DF, and said that the Nikyu-Nikyu shouldn’t be taken literally. Instead, they see that Yamato has Oden’s journal, which is pretty much like how Kuma has his own bible. Oden’s journal is like a bible to Yamato.

then they were asked about the final question whether Yamato will join or not, and both strongly answered with “yes”.

I have a question for yall..

Imagine your are Oda. You want to surprise your fanbase with the next crewmate. There is just one catch, you have to setup everything about them (job/character/role/arc) BEFORE you make them join without making the audiance think that this character has a shot.

You have two arc to do this.. How do you do it ?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Imagine your are Oda. You want to surprise your fanbase with the next crewmate. There is just one catch, you have to setup everything about them (job/character/role/arc) BEFORE you make them join without making the audiance think that this character has a shot.

First, by being consistent with what I was doing before like make that character relevant at the very least and not go with a new, made up routes because you said so.

This thread should be closed for real:seriously:

--The only point to make about carrot joining over yamato is relevance and panel time ; already oda gives less panel time to other strawhats minus luffy/zoro/sanji/nami/usopp ; oda will barely give carrot any panel time so it doesn't take that much from the primary stawhats where as yamato will shine more in straw hat crew and oda has to give her relevant panel time and so on
The thread is not about Yamato vs Carrot. Like I said before, if it relied on Carrot in any way it would have closed months before Yamato even appeared.

funny how the surprise argument was no where to be found during WCI

moving the goalpost

This thread should be closed for real:seriously:
Not really... We can still talk about the probability of someone joining after Yamato...

Plus there is no proof that Pedro was stronger than Carrot.
:luchosop:

I won't put the character to sideline/background because that would be a bad writing, especially near the endgame... :ace: And since we're at the endgame, I would prefer setting up the vibes and the tempo that will make the readers feel as if nobody will join the crew anymore and introduce someone late into the arc that would make people doubt about the next crewmate because it's too obvious that she will join... It's more of a reverse psychology than doing setupless sh*ts, I'll play with readers' minds and not the story...

Not really... We can still talk about the probability of someone joining after Yamato...

Can you give me one ?

I won't put the character to sideline/background because that would be a bad writing, especially near the endgame... :ace: And since we're at the endgame, I would prefer setting up the vibes and the tempo that will make the readers feel as if nobody will join the crew anymore and introduce someone late into the arc that would make people doubt about the next crewmate because it's too obvious that she will join... It's more of a reverse psychology than doing setupless sh*ts, I'll play with readers' minds and not the story...
Wrong, that wouldn't be bad writing IF you weren't able to put everything in without being noticed. Making the character stay in the background, just to reveal it at the last minute would actually be the best move ;)

But to answer the question:

You would need to setup the character the earliest possible in the first arc. Because of that you would have free room to let your character fade into the backgorund in your second arc. If you can manage to create another character to lure the expectation of your reader it's even better.

Result : At the end of 2 arc, only a minority of your readers will think your character is setup to be in the team. You can safely place your full story without worrying about your character and place your ending surprise at the very end of the second arc.. revealing the integration of the protagonist in question.

Of course it won't end the work you need to do to officialize the character in the following arcs, but it will be surprising to most of your readers.
Post automatically merged:

Carrot is just like:
-Coby in Romance Down arc
-Johnny and Yasaka in Orange Town arc
- Princess from Syrup Village arc
-Johnny from Baratie arc
Every arc there is a character same as Carrot
Have any of those character played a role on the Sunny multiple times ?

:kuzanope:

Wrong, that wouldn't be bad writing IF you weren't able to put everything in without being noticed. Making the character stay in the background, just to reveal it at the last minute would actually be the best move ;)
:luffylaugh:

Does the Sunny even existed when those characters were with the crew?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Can you give me one ?

But to answer the question:

You would need to setup the character the earliest possible in the first arc. Because of that you would have free room to let your character fade into the backgorund in your second arc. If you can manage to create another character to lure the expectation of your reader it's even better.

Result : At the end of 2 arc, only a minority of your readers will think your character is setup to be in the team. You can safely place your full story without worrying about your character and place your ending surprise at the very end of the second arc.. revealing the integration of the protagonist in question.

Of course it won't end the work you need to do to officialize the character in the following arcs, but it will be surprising to most of your readers.
Post automatically merged:

If clues for Carrot joining the Shs is so well hidden, how come there are so many Carrot4nakama supporters? Lots of them giving better arguments than you give? Cant be much of a secret if the whole world knows.

If clues for Carrot joining the Shs is so well hidden, how come there are so many Carrot4nakama supporters? Lots of them giving better arguments than you give? Cant be much of a secret if the whole world knows.
"Why is there something rather than nothing"

"because".. :usoprice:

All the CURRENT arguments of the Carrotfornakama fan are most likely from me lol I'm everywhere. Concerning the amount of Nakama supporter.. I would say that this is just one path among others. With the current rate of the story, every characters are likely to be under the radar.

Oda just managed to make the majority forget/ignore Carrot

With all the stuff there is in the story, trust me, it's an amazing feat

Status
Not open for further replies.