Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just compiling the candidates that some one piece fans want my ideal crew is above the part u are quoting is mostly what some people want and etc
Post automatically merged:

i follow u on twitter(at least i think its u) i agree with most of ur points for carrot since i want her to join as well but from my earlier post u can see that i am for yamato to join as well and i think yamato has checked some of the boxes of ur criteria.

i feel like u can be pro-carrot but maybe dont shit on yamato so much as well cause she is a strong candidate. Like i said i want both to join
I will never "trash" Yamato. I love her character. The only thing I will critic is the theory of her recruitment.

As for those criteria, sadly Yamato don't fit any of those 5.

You see, a post has to be active. You must "do" something. Even for Carrot, she "watches". But never was Yamato introduced with a capacity for any post whatsowhever. Plus, no other post on the sunny or even in the story was introduced.

Honestly, I would be all for Yamato joining, but this is a hard core criteria that every Strawhat MUST checked without question. And Yamato does not.

It still possible for her to be introduced with a special capacity that could be related to a post, but it's very unlikely as we are far ahead of her introduction (where those capacities are introduced the most often).

Writer or log keeper are not good options as we never saw Yamato actually log keep or write. Plus.. we must not forget that those are the job of the navigator.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
The biggest is obstacle is still Blackbeard. Luffy said he guess 10 people would make a proper crew(could grow to 12) and BB has his 10 Titanic Captians(again, can grow). Not only does Luffy need a personal reason to go after Blackbeard, the BB pirates are still DF hunting which can easily do the trick.

Some may say Luffy vs BB is already personal but it's not; Luffy didn't care much about BB becoming an Emperor and he was willing to let Burgess eat the Mera Mera no mi in order to save Law.

Obviously, Straws Hats vs the Blackbeard Pirates will be thematic to tell a story, one of them being Catarina Devon vs a Female SH. Catarina is known for mounting the heads of pretty girls so she gonna be fighting Nami, Robin or presumably Yamato if she joins. It helps that Catarina is mythical zoan(Kitsune from Japanese folklore similar to Kinemon and Gyukimaru), can mimic appearances and presumably has fire powers.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Obviously, Straws Hats vs the Blackbeard Pirates will be thematic to tell a story, one of them being Catarina Devon vs a Female SH. Catarina is known for mounting the heads of pretty girls so she gonna be fighting Nami, Robin or presumably Yamato if she joins. It helps that Catarina is mythical zoan(Kitsume from Japanese folklore similar to Kinemon and Gyukimaru), can mimic appearances and presumably has fire powers.
Catarina vs Yamato makes a lot of sense. Mythical Zoan vs Mythical Zoan. One who mimics appearances vs One who tried to mimic Oden.

If she has fire powers against Yamato's ice the matchup is pretty much set lol.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Catarina vs Yamato makes a lot of sense. Mythical Zoan vs Mythical Zoan. One who mimics appearances vs One who tried to mimic Oden.

If she has fire powers against Yamato's ice the matchup is pretty much set lol.
I should add that Catarina is called the "Cresent Moon Hunter" and has references to witch hunts given her first and last name. Since Nami was repeatedly called a witch and Carrot draws power from the moon, both can work as well.

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to specially discuss her.

after got insane amount of spotlight:
1. Weekly Shonen Jump made special interview with Saori Hayami, who we all know as Yamato’s VA
2. One Piece official youtube channel & One Piece official twitter also welcomes Saori Hayami
3. Yamato specially made her animated appearance debut, in one of We Are One special episode

Now with this special upcoming discussion, in One Piece official youtube channel, about Yamato. For those who might don’t know what the big words are: “Is Yamato going to be a Straw Hat crew? Isn’t she?”

And if you guys open the youtube link, the caption specifically says: 仲間がいるよTube which means “I have nakama-tube”

That’s very much for being an irrelevant character. It’s like Oda wants to put it directly into fans’ face, that whether you like it or not, Yamato is relevant and 99% joining. The 1% is when Luffy finally invites/accepts her, after Kaido is defeated.

P.S.: and also, the background color of Yamato will possibly be Yamato’s specific color: deep orange / persimmon. In Japanese it’s “柿色”. It connects with Oden’s iconic deep orange kimono.

Last edited:

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to discuss her.

1. Weekly Shonen Jump made special interview with Saori Hayami, who we all know as Yamato’s VA
2. One Piece official youtube channel & One Piece official twitter also welcomes Saori Hayami
3. Yamato specially made her animated appearance debut, in one of We Are One special episode

Now with this special upcoming discussion, in One Piece official youtube channel, about Yamato. For those who might don’t know what the big words are: “Is Yamato going to be a Straw Hat crew? Isn’t she?”

And if you guys open the youtube link, the caption specifically says: 仲間がいるよTube which means “I have nakama-tube”

That’s very much for being an irrelevant character. It’s like Oda wants to put it directly into fans’ face, that whether you like it or not, Yamato is relevant and 99% joining. The 1% is when Luffy finally invites/accepts her, after Kaido is defeated.

P.S.: and also, the background color of Yamato will possibly be Yamato’s specific color: deep orange / persimmon. In Japanese it’s “柿色”. It connects with Oden’s iconic deep orange kimono.
There also this

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to discuss her.

Why do you wan't Law/Oden kinda characters to join??? XDXD
Oden was Oden, and just wanted to leave Wano, he did with Shiro and was ready to start his own adventure, but Shiro came back for him, he never gf about shiro until he got back on the Moby...
You have a chance to have a new Oden, yet you still want Yamato to copy Oden XDXD

Yamato on the anime is as sh*t as Carrot, they add the character just for fanservice...And maybe you like it, but it's literally making me dislike more the character as Nakama XDXD
(Same with Carrot btw)

I should add that Catarina is called the "Cresent Moon Hunter" and has references to witch hunts given her first and last name. Since Nami was repeatedly called a witch and Carrot draws power from the moon, both can work as well.
Adding another trivia.

In the romance dawn version 1 (I think) there's a story about a character similar to nami (ann/silk I kinda forget) and an antagonist name gally the crescent moon (mikazuki no gally in japanese), while devon epithet is mikazuki gari/crescent moon hunter

Why do you wan't Law/Oden kinda characters to join??? XDXD
Oden was Oden, and just wanted to leave Wano, he did with Shiro and was ready to start his own adventure, but Shiro came back for him, he never gf about shiro until he got back on the Moby...
You have a chance to have a new Oden, yet you still want Yamato to copy Oden XDXD

Yamato on the anime is as sh*t as Carrot, they add the character just for fanservice...And maybe you like it, but it's literally making me dislike more the character as Nakama XDXD
(Same with Carrot btw)
what I did say about Oden was only the color theme part, that it fits Yamato. I didn’t say anything about Yamato copying Oden. I don’t know why you focused specifically on the Oden part (which is only at the end, and it’s a theory), while clearly my post was not about it.

and honestly speaking I follow the manga more than the anime. Some parts of the anime are not manga-level correct, therefore I don’t consider anime 100% canon. Manga is 100% canon. And that special discussion post, is also the celebration of One Piece’s 100th manga.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Again, for the numerous time, Yamato gets the spotlight that even One Piece official youtube channel is going to specially discuss her.

I've always been against using marketing as an argument and this further shows that the argument doesn't work at all

Earlier, Yamato having a aqua green background was used against her chances of being a SH and now, as usual, the background color has changed.

Jinbe had blue and purple backgrounds in the past but has has a yellow shade.

Adding another trivia.

In the romance dawn version 1 (I think) there's a story about a character similar to nami (ann/silk I kinda forget) and an antagonist name gally the crescent moon (mikazuki no gally in japanese), while devon epithet is mikazuki gari/crescent moon hunter
Just more fuel for Nami.

BB backstories aren't fully explored but we can still assume Zoro-Shiryu, Sanji-Avalo, Jinbe-Burgess, Usopp-Auger and Brooke-Lafitte for now.

Some have a problem with Sanji and Avalo cause they assume Burgess is the 1st or 2nd strongest for being the 1st ship captain. People need to realize that the 10 Titanic Captains aren't ranked by strength, and the SHs aren't recruited by strength either.

Sanji is the 5th recruit and 3rd strongest. Nami is the 2nd recruit and 2nd to weakest etc..

I've always been against using marketing as an argument and this further shows that the argument doesn't work at all

Earlier, Yamato having a aqua green background was used against her chances of being a SH and now, as usual, the background color has changed.

Jinbe had blue and purple backgrounds in the past but has has a yellow shade.
I honestly didn’t want to post this, but since you-know-who posted about anime pictures above, I thought I had to. I don’t want to have faith too much on marketing part tbh, but I’m very curious behind the reasons with special treatments that have been done to Yamato.

the colour part is just additional speculation from me anyway. Feel free to ignore it.

Post automatically merged:

BB backstories aren't fully explored but we can still assume Zoro-Shiryu, Sanji-Avalo, Jinbe-Burgess, Usopp-Auger and Brooke-Lafitte for now.
Chopper-Doc Q is also almost certain.

I love it. All Oda has to do is sending his team discuss a hype character and you are all jumping into the hype train

I mean.. what a dream for an author to have such usefull tool of diversion.

The only way we get that many people in the crew would mean a bigger ship. As in the Sunny wouldn’t even contain that much people.

Nice analysis though, M.D.L.
true but the sunny is like choppers hat it fits all i cant remember if it was a filler ep or a movie but they showed the male room and female rooms and technically franky brook and jinbei are all too big. Plus add yamato who is big also so size does not matter hahahaha

I love it. All Oda has to do is sending his team discuss a hype character and you are all jumping into the hype train

I mean.. what a dream for an author to have such usefull tool of diversion.

Ngl, i think we (Carrot for nakama stans) should start listening to them , because if Oda doesn't change the situation, Carrot is out and Yamato is in, like it or not XD
I still belive on Carrot because she's on the crew based on the interaction and personality... but same was Vivi, or Jhonny and Yusaku XDXD

Status
Not open for further replies.