General Tennis thread

who is GOAT??

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Honestly, I'm more acceptable on the idea of Djokovic being the GOAT than Nadal.
Aye. It's definitely between the three of them. The only qualm I have with Federer is that when he started playing all the legends were old and started retiring and he didn't really have a top opponent until Djokovic/Nadal. Even so they have a better h2h against him, and Djokovic has a better h2h against both of them. The early problems Djokovic had because of poor diet were resolved and he immediately started dominating.

Aye. It's definitely between the three of them. The only qualm I have with Federer is that when he started playing all the legends were old and started retiring and he didn't really have a top opponent until Djokovic/Nadal. Even so they have a better h2h against him, and Djokovic has a better h2h against both of them. The early problems Djokovic had because of poor diet were resolved and he immediately started dominating.
Dude, I'm a Federer fan.
But I think it's fair to consider them equal or at least wait until their career is finished to decide
Post automatically merged:

The only thing truly unacceptable for me is "Big 4". Murray, as great a player as he is, should not be mention in the same breath as the other three.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Dude, I'm a Federer fan.
But I think it's fair to consider them equal or at least wait until their career is finished to decide
Yeah, I got that from the first post lmao.
It is, mostly it's up to personal preferences now. We'll get a much clearer picture when it's all said and done.

The only thing truly unacceptable for me is "Big 4". Murray, as great a player as he is, should not be mention in the same breath as the other three.
This I definitely agree with. He has no place being there.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Thing is Murray is (was) so far ahead of everyone else, yet still so far behind the big 3 it puts him in an awkward spot. Hence "big 4" Wawrinka is the only other guy you can make that claim for.
This is true. Wawrinka is/was also very good. Over the years there have been other good players, Ferer, Tsonga, Del Potro. Heck I'd take healthy Delpo over Murray. But Murray has consistency over them. But still not enough to be made a part of the big 3. It's imo like saying for example, Weevil is stronger than all YC1 hence he is admiral/yonko level. There's a huge gap between them.

In terms of overall achievement, Murray is miles ahead of Wawrinka...

but he is light-years behind Fedalovic. It makes no sense to group him with them while leaving Wawrinka out.
Post automatically merged:

The Oldman just win by the skin of his teeth, Djokovic up next.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Lol, you create a thread for me?
Anyways, I'm gonna follow everyone who declared themselves Federer fans XD.
Federer is the GOAT for me. I don't speak about level, Nadal and Djoko and Federer at their best are so close that it is difficult to have a best player among them. But Federer by his aura, his way of playing etc is the greatest.

I have never had such pleasure with any other player except maybe Del Potro.

The guy dances on the field.

When he will retire I will have a hard time.

Federer liked to play with my nerves currently. Second close game in 5 set.

Last edited:

Bogard

You can't win
I'd say that at the beginning, it was a Roger thing, then Nadal came along, it became Roger-Nadal(with Nadal better in h2h, but Roger better overall), while Djoko and Murray were behind, but Djoko managed to emerge to rival the other two while Murray was still lagging behind, and although Wawrinka ended up winning 3GS, i'd not really put him on Murray's level, who was the closest to concurrence the big3 for a long period of time, won a gold medal and already has been number1

At one point, Del Potro had means to rival them, but injury struggles didn't allow him to. Then suddenly Djoko started gaining an ascendance over Nadal, then Roger especially after his knee injury and growing older, but Roger ironically started finding solutions to Nadal late in his career, with his battles with Djoko almost ways being close, ultimately then placing the big3 ahead of the rest, but me thinking tennistically, Roger is superior

Currently among the youngsters, the one who interest me is Kyrgios(although controversial) due to his natural talent. Just hope he calms down a little and become more tennis focused. There is also Thiem's game play i'm very interested in, although he isn't really in the youngster generation anymore, but i think he is the one who really grew the most thus far. Then there is obviously Zverev and Tsitsipas

Technically speaking though, at their best, the big3 destroyed multiple generations, so it'd be hard to find replacements to them after they'd retire

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
So Novak mopped the floor with Raonic now and scheduled a match with Roger. It's gonna be fun to watch. A side note, whenever Djokovic made it to the semifinals of Australian Open he won the championship. And he will do so now as well :pepedoffy:

Bogard

You can't win
There is also Thiem's game play i'm very interested in, although he isn't really in the youngster generation anymore, but i think he is the one who really grew the most thus far.
Nadal vs Thiem should be interesting tho
Thiem confirms my expectations that he is the one who grew the most. Nadal just lost to him. He might win this tournament