General Tennis thread

who is GOAT??

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Obviously Nole is favorite, but i'd not underestimate Thiem. I observed him since a while now and i really think his game is top lvl and unlike the rest, he is very consistent
Yeah, Joker is the favourite, and I agree Thiem is great as well. Out of the younger ones I feel like Kyrgios had the most potential though.

The match is awesome. Hopefully, Federer can put up at least this much fight.
Generally Nole vs Roger battles are extremely close, but with his lattest injury, i dunno
Yeah, they are always amazing to watch. I still remember that match when Nole turned it around, US open iirc.

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
Yeah, Joker is the favourite, and I agree Thiem is great as well. Out of the younger ones I feel like Kyrgios had the most potential though.
Yeah, they are always amazing to watch. I still remember that match when Nole turned it around, US open iirc.
I agree. I said it earlier myself that Kyrgios is the one i'm the most interested in due to his natural talent. He clearly has the most potential. He just needs to focus more on tennis, but currently Thiem's game is top lvl at a consistent level nonetheless, and already has the experience of having beaten the big3. He'd also be fired up to win his first grand slam as well, so i think there is a possibility he might win.

Yeah, there is also Roland Garos battle where Nole was in an undefeated streak before Roger beat him, then obviously last year of Wimbledon when Roger could have won, but Nole won in the end. Most their battles are so close the winner can change for 1 or 2 points, though with Roger's apparent injury, Nole is at a clear advantage

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I agree. I said it earlier myself that Kyrgios is the one i'm the most interested in due to his natural talent. He clearly has the most potential. He just needs to focus more on tennis, but currently Thiem's game is top lvl at a consistent level nonetheless, and already has the experience of having beaten the big3. He'd also be fired up to win his first grand slam as well, so i think there is a possibility he might win.
I agree with this. Nick has the most potential and innate talent out of them, he's just not that interested in tennis, which is a waste if you ask me. We'll see, I am not counting out anyone yet, when it comes to the semi-finals or the finale.

Yeah, there is also Roland Garos battle where Nole was in an undefeated streak before Roger beat him, then obviously last year of Wimbledon when Roger could have won, but Nole won in the end. Most their battles are so close the winner can change for 1 or 2 points.
I remember that RG match like it was yesterday, Novak was on a 42 game winning streak and Roger ended it :feelscryingman:

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
I agree with this. Nick has the most potential and innate talent out of them, he's just not that interested in tennis, which is a waste if you ask me. We'll see, I am not counting out anyone yet, when it comes to the semi-finals or the finale.
Sure, to me the semi-finals would depend on 2 factors:

- Roger's physical condition
- Zverev's current form(he isn't as consistent as Thiem, but it can happen that he could be at his top form at this moment lol)

But regardless, it's good that we see a refreshing Thiem vs Zverev in semi-final. Could encourage the new gens to perform better in GS
I remember that RG match like it was yesterday, Novak was on a 42 game winning streak and Roger ended it :feelscryingman:
Lol, Roger really wanted to win that one, and the quality of tennis in that game was amazing too. Probably one of the best quality tennis i've seen on clay court

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Sure, to me the semi-finals would depend on 2 factors:

- Roger's physical condition
- Zverev's current form(he isn't as consistent as Thiem, but it can happen that he could be at his top form at this moment lol)

But regardless, it's good that we see a refreshing Thiem vs Zverev in semi-final. Could encourage the new gens to perform better in GS
Yeah, a lot of factors are in play. I wouldn't be surprised to see any combination of these four in the finale. It should encourage them (the new gen) to step up their game.

Lol, Roger really wanted to win that one, and the quality of tennis in that game was amazing too. Probably one of the best quality tennis i've seen on clay court
Lol, yeah, he was really determined to win that one. I was so mad lmao. But, yeah, one of the best matches ever.

I'm a Fed fan but I think Djokovic is underrated. Everyone, even those who don't follow Tennis, know who Federer and Nadal are. Djokovic, on the other hand, isn't as popular or celebrated for some reason. I usually cheer on Djokovic as long as it isn't against Fed. He deserves to be appreciated IMO.

I also think we, as tennis fans, are lucky to live in an era where the three greatest players of all time play in the same period. This is the big reason while I hate the term "Big 4", it somewhat undermines their legacy to group them with a dude who isn't a GOAT-candidate.

Also, I think Thiem is a greater threat to Federer and Djokovic than Nadal is on hard court. Nadal hadn't beat the other 2 off-clay since forever. Thiem actually has a winning record against both of them these last 2 years, IIRC.

H

Homelander

David Thiem will take the legacy once roger and nadal reign is finished.

He has bright future ahead . Djokovic is still fav this Aussie open though.

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
Good final, with the battle between Djoko and Thiem being very interesting to the point i thought at one point Thiem would win. Thiem confirmed his progress, but a little disappointed he in the end he didn't manage to get the win since it'd have given him much more confidence in the following tournaments of his career. I guess Djoko's experience in these finals was too much for him in the end. Congratz to Nole's 17th GS, and 8th Australian open anyway. :optimistic:

Hmm Nole was tested positive to COVID:
So the resolutions in starting tennis tournaments is now questionable
Djokovic is just a massive dickhead.

This whole Adria-Tour was a farce and his idiot father now blaming Dimitrov is the peak of arrogance and stupidity. Not to mention Djokovic's recent remarks about vaccines ("they don't help") and "spiritual water" healing him. This guru he employs has completely washed his brain.

Last edited:
F

Fallen Prince

Hmm Nole was tested positive to COVID:
So the resolutions in starting tennis tournaments is now questionable
Pretty idotic to hold tennis tournament . Hope he learns from this event !
Post automatically merged:

Djokovic is just a massive dickhead.

This whole Adria-Tour was a farce and his idiot father now blaming Dimitrov is the peak of arrogance and stupidity. Not to mention Djokovic's recent remarks about vaccines ("they don't help") and "spiritual water" healing him. This guru he employs has completely washed his brain.
He is anti vaxxer , Djokovic is a good player but dick person in real life.