Rate the chapter!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this will be lame tho
Why lame? It's one of the most interesting themes behind Wano; let's remember one of the main reasons why Kaido is going down now is that Kin'emon didn't commit the same mistake as Oden, who thought of it as a "Kozuki issue" and therefore rejected help from outsiders, so he accepted Luffy's support for the war. He's now lying there and accepting his death alongside Kiku, but Usopp challenges such ideals and Izou supports him on such take (the guy who detached from the country and lived his whole life travelling the world and opening his mind). Instead of making an apology of Wano's (therefore Japan) old-fashioned morals, Oda seems to be defying them, and I find it to be quite interesting.

As I answered to another user, right now Kaido believes he will be the koi that accepts the fishmonger's knife, which is an old parable samurais used to praise; let's see what he will think after he's defeated and maybe facing death!

Doesnt matter how many times you defeat Kaido, he will still come back to Wano:
It not like I ll settle ofr anywhere else Yamato. I ve been staying here because Wano is special.

Well Sunacchi which was a tradition learn as a kid in Wano (if you follow the bushido way) aint an absurd idea. As Kaburo said blade arent toys for playing around but for killing.
Sunacchi which all 9 member of the scabbans used when charging Kaido down from the balcony aint a stupid concept, cuz even if they will face dead they gain strength and courage. That what kaido respect, the fact that the samurai are filling to face death to defeat the enemies.
Kaido deserve a glorious death for many reason but especially because he is a Yonko (not a clown). Even if he wasted Wano for 20years, you can't denied that he is one of the power pillar in this world.
Yeah, Wano is special and Kaido won't settle for anywhere else until Luffy defeats him, proves himself to be a potential Joy Boy, his flashback kicks strong and he suddenly becomes less of an antagonistic figure just like many other villains in modern works who are absurdly strong, questionned the meaning of life because of it but faced the gentile main character who challenged his ideals. This suicidal, depressive monster is now laughing and having fun against the bound to be Joy Boy; let's see how this develops before assuming how he will behave once defeated.

Again, you don't need to lecture me on this; I know this story, it's not complicated. You state Kaido deserves a glorious death, I don't believe so because the most interesting take on his potential departure is to deny him his dream death and what Whitebeard got; an unglorious death isn't a clown death, by the way.

Zoro here did the same thing against Killer. He ended the fight, made sure he was safe and fell asleep. Zoro didn't get cheap shotted like he did against Killer but I guess the fatigue from fighting King is why he needed a rest and not the mink medicine aftereffects.

B

Ballel

Why lame? It's one of the most interesting themes behind Wano; let's remember one of the main reasons why Kaido is going down now is that Kin'emon didn't commit the same mistake as Oden, who thought of it as a "Kozuki issue" and therefore rejected help from outsiders, so he accepted Luffy's support for the war. He's now lying there and accepting his death alongside Kiku, but Usopp challenges such ideals and Izou supports him on such take (the guy who detached from the country and lived his whole life travelling the world and opening his mind).

As I answered to another user, right now Kaido believes he will be the koi that accepts the fishmonger's knife, which is an old parable samurais used to praise; let's see what he will think after he's defeated and maybe facing death!
I'm tired of this eternal retconning of character motivations, it is nothing more than a convenient way for Oda to avoid killing characters.
Just let Kaido die, I dont care how but the guy gotta die.
I don't want him around in future arcs.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
2022 tear of tiger, Luffy shown wearing Tiger colours and a tiger is present in this chapter’s colourspread. Tigerman ???

Tiger vs Dragon is long overdue. I want full focused chapters on their fight.
Kaido’s defeat by the hands of Luffy is set on stone.
:steef:
"Tigerman" yeah right:milaugh:

Book it, Luffy is gna use a Dragon Mode to defeat Kaido.
King Shenron Gun incoming:myman:

I'm tired of this eternal retconning of character motivations, it is nothing more than a convenient way for Oda to avoid killing characters.
Just let Kaido die, I dont care how but the guy gotta die.
I don't want him around in future arcs.
I don't mean Kaido won't die, he can die for sure. But:

1) One thing is dying a glorious death, as he believes himself to seek, but another is dying a pitiful way and/or actually fearing it.

2) This retconning of his motivations wouldn't be uncalled; the trope of the character who is strong to the point of questionning life but is changed by the main character isn't new, and Oda is already working towards a more empathetic Kaido for the reader who is seeing a worthy opponent in Luffy (plus the whole Joy Boy thing; he may acknowledge our guy as such sooner than later). He's following, step by step, the usual handling of this type of characters.

If Kaido receives a glorious death, I think it would be after "retconning" him so it's more of a redemption death. If he isn't redeemed in the slightest, he shall be killed with no glory, whether by Zoro or whoever enters the plot.

Zoro panels were on a new level. :crazwhat:
The wings that carried Kaido fall down, the wings that carry Luffy fly up.
King's first loss ever, the godly abilities have been outmatched by the new King of Hell!

Aside from the Raizo vs Fukurokuju, which seems to be mostly jokes, only two Emperors remain standing.
While they are still in pursuit of Robin, CP0 might give it up now with the news of King's defeat spreading.
While Yamato may stop Kazenbo, once Kaido is defeated Onigashima will fall since Momo gave up on making clouds.

The question is where will it fall... Despite the common theme Oda uses, rebirth from complete destruction, I still have a hard time seeing Flower Capital being destroyed but even if Yamato stops Kazenobo, with Onigashima falling, it will explode anyway due to the gunpowder. I am clueless about how Oda plans to evacuate Onigashima or stop it from falling unless Momonosuke goes back to making flame clouds to pull off his own hour of legends.

Captain Kidd struggling with metal beams... The man just cant catch a break, lol.
Also, is Oda aware that all of this smiling from Luffy and Kaido is killing the seriousness of the situation and just makes it cringe?
It's not possible that he doesn't understand that he is sabotaging his own work... :mihugh:
Do you know what the only thing you liked in the whole chapter was the first panel so why bother giving arguments about other fights when you doesn't even like them now zoro fight is over, sleep tight and wait for a new younkou to emerge:kata:

helps that being calm isnt synonymous with laughing alongside a terrible opponent.....
"
Doflamingo and Crocodile didn't have an Orochi as the architect for all of the destruction, and they weren't PK competitors that represent reaching the summit of the world."
changes absolutely nothing , this comment implies then that the threat should feel even more serious.

if the fight was simply about taking down what he sees as an obstacle to the pk title then as I said its a strength measuring contest but its not . you cant absolve kaido of the factories set up by his command , or the prison with slaves commanded by his men ,or the death of momo's father and other samurai, the desolation of tama's village and their hunger and after seeing the scabbards brutally beaten...
I could go on.

its a similar oppressive condition to what we saw in alabasta or dressrossa and what luffy does is take down these people not simply cause they are an obstacle to being the pk , but he is in some way in a bigger mission . The little you spouted on here shows you dont understand that part of his character at all.

Except that Luffy didn't need these reasons to take down Kaido
He is mainly there to surpass Kaido and beat a Younko
It was established since PH way before the Kozuki plot or Tama plot or Udon plot
Luffy doesn't call himself an hero beating Kaido helps Momo and Wa No fine, it doesn't help he don't care
His goal is to be PK and for that he need to beat Kaido
In Chapter 1000 he said I will surpass BM and Kaido not I will save Wa No

Pretty normal he smiled he's fighting the peak of the Strenght and he loves to fight
So he's enjoying

Do you know what the only thing you liked in the whole chapter was the first panel so why bother giving arguments about other fights when you doesn't even like them now zoro fight is over, sleep tight and wait for a new younkou to emerge:kata:
if Zoro smiled: awesome, sugoiiii, badass
when Luffy smiles after Zoro fainted: no Oda you can't do that, it's not serious enough!

these zorotards just can't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.