Who is the skeleton / Whats the purpose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy is struggling to stay relevant despite being MC
No one gave a fuck about Luffy vs Kaido last chapter people were more interested in Zunisha and no one gives a shit about Luffy Law or Kidd now, people are more interested in zoro vs grim reaper
Luffy is the MC for a reason. More people care about Luffy than Zoro. And what do you mean no one cared about Kaido vs. Luffy last chapter? Zunisha appearing is obviously a very important thing, but that doesn't mean people didn't care about the fight.
No one cares cares about the Grim Reaper though. It's made up nonsense.

It would be really cool if, given that we don't get much of Kid and Law vs big mom this chapter, Oda gives the next 2 chapters to the fight with each of them focusing on one of the captains. Like

1039: Surgeon of Death vs Great Pirate Charlotte Linlin
1040: Captain Kid vs Great Pirate Charlotte Linlin

Having an emperor fall in 1 chapter would be disappointing as fuck.
Tbh, I don't think she's falling next chapter. VS. Chapters are entirely arbitrary and don't really follow a set pattern, not when in this arc where Franky never got one and Robin, Sanji and Zoro all had theirs end a chapter after their Vs titles.

For example, Luffy vs Lucci happens in 418, Lucci isn't defeated for 10 more chapters. I really wouldn't hold Kid/Law to the exact same constraints as the rest of Luffy's crew either, especially because it's Big Mom, not a Yonko commander. There are plenty of fights that don't even have VS chapters to begin with.

Tldr: Don't take the last 6 fights as precedent, because even within those fights, they didn't follow any particular rule with their Vs fights.

Furthermore, the idea that Linlin has awakening up her sleeve is similarly headcanon. If she is willing to sacrifice 1 year of her lifespan, then it is safe to say that she has been fighting near all out for quite some time now.
Same reason why Jack didn't used his hybrid form to wash Dukes in 1on1 back then in zou, rather using a poison weapon. Same as Kaido not going to hybrid form against Oden,Plot.

Saying a fucking Yonkou not having awakening is kind weird, we speak about a Top tier with adv CoC. You can be damn sure that she will have awakening.
She using one year of her life span means nothing, since it is a powerup skill, awakening is still a factor.

Remember the last time we saw Kid and Law vs Big Mom, Kid and Law based on their facial expression were still struggling against her meanwhile Big Mom was smiling and having fun.

They already used their awakening against her and even if they use another power up, I'm still not too sure if it will be enough to defeat her.

Big Mom as far as we know still hasn't used her advanced CoC or even her awakening yet, and based on the spoilers it seems like she even temporarily defeated them before they got back up again.

I think there is a good possibility that Kid and Law's victory over Big Mom is not defeating her but removing her from Onigashima.

Also like I said before, I have a hard time seeing Kid and Law defeat a Yonko before Luffy.

I know there are some people here that are on the side of Big Mom being defeated in this arc and I'm one of those people, but you just can't deny the possibility of her not being defeated in this arc.

Also imo if Big Mom gets defeated that quickly and she doesn't use her advanced CoC or doesn't even show her awakening, then that's fucking dumb and her defeat would be bs.

If Big Mom is going to get defeated, I want to see more chapters of the fight against her and I want to see her get a proper defeat.
She’s been using her aCoC, remember the chapter where her CoC was leaking and knocking fodder out? That was the time Usopp declared he was using CoC. Oda’s just been off-screening a lot of the fight. Her using a powerup also means that she’s fighting seriously, and should have been using her basic arsenal up to that point which includes aCoC

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
From a plot perspective at least by portrayal Luffy was meant to likely be Big Mom's slayer originally, since the time of the call on Fishman Island but the thing was portrayed since Thriller Bark events acknowledging Goda a little. Then once again on WCI.

Somehow Law and Kidd found themselves in this battle and their fans rightfully started to dream.

From a plot perspective at least by portrayal Luffy was meant to likely be Big Mom's slayer originally, since the time of the call on Fishman Island but the thing was portrayed since Thriller Bark events acknowledging Goda a little. Then once again on WCI.

Somehow Law and Kidd found themselves in this battle and their fans rightfully started to dream.
Big Mom was not set up to be antagonist in thriller bark, if anything she was presented as a potential ally

Same reason why Jack didn't used his hybrid form to wash Dukes in 1on1 back then in zou, rather using a poison weapon. Same as Kaido not going to hybrid form against Oden,Plot.

Saying a fucking Yonkou not having awakening is kind weird, we speak about a Top tier with adv CoC. You can be damn sure that she will have awakening.
She using one year of her life span means nothing, since it is a powerup skill, awakening is still a factor.
Watch oda draw big mom got defeated without mention awaking on manga panel.

Few volume later on srs : Big mom have been awaking power for long time. Her hormies are actually awaking power

Luffy already handled and defeated and closed his arc with Big Mom at WCI. She is not relevant to Luffy anymore. The tamatebako blew up, he stole her poneglyphs, he defeated her top commander, he destroyed her party.

There is nothing left for her to do when he humiliated her. Oda decided to have Kid and Law handle that redundancy. Wano is about Kaido. Not Big Mom. Kid and Law are Luffys allies and deserve to handle a victory here because that's how you take down two Yonko.

The funnier thing to me is the idea that she's supposed to "run away" otherwise. A Yonko is going to run away now?

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Big Mom was not set up to be antagonist in thriller bark, if anything she was presented as a potential ally
This is Oda, he probably already knew the twist, at least in a general perspective.

He even introduced the 4 yonko via Garp earlier during the post Enies Lobby and Big Mom never looked friendly at all and the appearance wasn't misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.