Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 971: Sentenced to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not see Oden taking a swing at Kaido's dragon body laying on the ground? :sus:
Yes I did, I also saw kaido get up and run at him and club him in the second it took for him to turn around to look at momo. And since we saw in this chapter that human form kaido is about even with oden. And the fact that it seems he greatly overestimated his durability in dragon form. And also oden, whom was the one taking the swing, said never come back to wano to him. Which are not words you say to someone you’re about to kill as you claim, tells me that he may have blocked his next sword swing.

You cannot determine the entirity of one's strength by a 5 second clash. Saying Kaido = Oden because they clashed for a few seconds on panel is nonsense.
Post automatically merged:

How did he became yakuza ? Technically Hyo already had rivals in yakuzafaction. Remember kinemon stole pig mountain god from the thieves.

Hyo was already jailed wasnt he and denjiro was lending money in wano so i am not sure they ever meet.
One of the first scenes we see of Denjiro is him describing clashes between Yakuza clans, and how one clan was going to use the pig to harm the other.

They all had to adopt fake identities to survive. Ashura Doji = Shutenmaru. Hiyori = Komurasaki.

Kyoshiro is 100% on Oden's side. He calls Orochi a coward, and helped Hiyori escape by faking her death.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are mad at oden he did what he could to save his people
Irrelevant what his noble intentions were. He was the only individual to save his country from Kaidou if he chose to wage war right from the beginning. Yes, people would've died, but if he had succeeded the following generations would not have had to suffer like they were doing the 20 years post Oden's death.

I really don't understand the Oden defenders?
He saved lives in those 5 years, awesome, but all the lives of hundreds of innocent people that were destroyed post Oden's death are absolutely irrelevant?

Irrelevant what his noble intentions were. He was the only individual to save his country from Kaidou if he chose to wage war right from the beginning. Yes, people would've died, but if he had succeeded the following generations would not have had to suffer like they were doing the 20 years post Oden's death.

I really don't understand the Oden defenders?
He saved lives in those 5 years, awesome, but all the lives of hundreds of innocent people that were destroyed post Oden's death are absolutely irrelevant?
sure man, maybe if he attacked he would win maybe. But him winning was not part of the story do we still agree this is fiction and Oda has to build a story?

Narrator said he would lose far more than what he would have won and still it would have been a huge gamble
That is also my point if we analyze the situation we had orocchi in an impenetrable brier with oden alone in the enemy lines even if he went from the beginning with the 9 retainers he would still not win because his family would be in even more danger and if he lost even more people would have died

Status
Not open for further replies.