Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 971: Sentenced to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homelander

I d say great chapter probably my fav chapter so far in flashback. It wraps up how polarized figure oden was to wano people as well as reader as we get to know him. I dont think his decision making was great but thats hot headed men like him take mantle on their own and suffer the fate.

Lot of question does arise why not plan secret coupe with damiyo ? Why make a deal with evil duos who wanted bad fate on wano answers are complicated. Any civil war needs sacrifice oden did not want bloodbath this is not about hostage situation . I think they came to a deal to not use wano civilians cheaply and oden was swapped their place with himself not a bright idea bit overall that makes the character of him.

I ll go with todays chapter we seethe old shogun's assistant appearing this chapter . When did we see him last time ? He popped up during the starting chapters and now where was he all this time ? Is he the traitor ?

We get to the depth of kurzumi clan on how some samurai witchhunt them all their life kinda sad . I like the background how orochi deeply resented and avenged all his life to pay wano civilian .

Kaido is certainly a monster its interesting he agrees oden to take punishment of the scabbard as well. We'll see what happens i get the feeling kaido has gained respect for oden as he comments postively how he stood so far.

Overall 5/5 chapter good pacing and we saw depth of relation oden has for wano people and scabbard.

Shinobu totally not a traitor. Anythoughts that sukiyaki's assistant snitched on them kinda makes sense he probably works for orochi.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
If they were even then that second hit wouldnt have killed kaido as he wouldve blocked it as evidenced by the fact that kaido was on his ass clubing him in a split second.
Post automatically merged:

If they were even then that second hit wouldnt have killed kaido as he wouldve blocked it as evidenced by the fact that kaido was on his ass clubing him in a split second.
Did you not see Oden taking a swing at Kaido's dragon body laying on the ground? :sus:

H

Homelander

He needed to hide her and also raise her well. Him pretending to be a money man to orochi would allow him to keep an eye on her and keep nefarious advances away from her.
That might be true but it is said kyoshiro family took after hyo was sent to prison.

Yakuzas are family of high affluent class. Problem is denjiro was a street boy its not easy to pop up as yakuza head overnight and take over capitals underworld.

W

wordyworm

That might be true but it is said kyoshiro family took after hyo was sent to prison.

Yakuzas are family of high affluent class. Problem is denjiro was a street boy its not easy to pop up as yakuza head overnight and take over capitals underworld.
Agreed. And despite some weird fan headcanon, there's no evidence she was having sex with anyone. She played everyone, and Kyoshiro/Denjiro is helping her cover story. He took over when she left Kawamatsu.

W

wordyworm

Denjiro is Zoro's teacher Koushiro.
Koshiro's Vivre Card says his hometown is East Blue tho
I think his parent(s) came from Wano, or he was just a kid who came on the same ship, but I don't see how it's Denjiro.

Denjiro is Kyoshiro imo. He always had a great head of hair, but he reinvented himself in a gangster pompadour so he could protect Hiyori and keep an eye on her, while hyping her popularity and his own loyalty to Orochi. But how did he become a Yakuza? Did Hyou have something to do with it?

And how does the Witching Hour Boy fit into this?
:choppawhat:

H

Homelander

Agreed. And despite some weird fan headcanon, there's no evidence she was having sex with anyone. She played everyone, and Kyoshiro/Denjiro is helping her cover story. He took over when she left Kawamatsu.
I am not really on board with denjirovas kyoshiro. Kyoshiro seems to be well known yakuza people feared him as he was rutless yakuza leader who extroted money denjiro is pretty much opposite to kyoshiros personality actually the guy lend money to poor wano people which points my witching hour boy theory. The fact hiyori didnt recognize him or revealed himself to her is huge red flag.

Another thing sanji kun keeps bringing otsuru face changed over time but kinemon recognized her instantly.

I dunno if its really kyoshiro its fine for me i always thought he didnt like shogun from chapter 1 in wano.

H

Homelander

I think his parent(s) came from Wano, or he was just a kid who came on the same ship, but I don't see how it's Denjiro.

Denjiro is Kyoshiro imo. He always had a great head of hair, but he reinvented himself in a gangster pompadour so he could protect Hiyori and keep an eye on her, while hyping her popularity and his own loyalty to Orochi. But how did he become a Yakuza? Did Hyou have something to do with it?

And how does the Witching Hour Boy fit into this?
:choppawhat:
How did he became yakuza ? Technically Hyo already had rivals in yakuzafaction. Remember kinemon stole pig mountain god from the thieves.

Hyo was already jailed wasnt he and denjiro was lending money in wano so i am not sure they ever meet.

That referred to the Shimotsuki village he is located at. It's technically his hometown. Especially since he probably fled Wano and had to cover his identity. I doubt the vivre card would spoil Koshiro came from Wano. I mean, Denjiro looks exactly like Koshiro. Plus, Denjiro seems to have the Wado Ichimonji. Kyoshiro looks completely different. Not only his hair but also his face.

This got to be the blandest and worst cover story ever
It's just fucking bad. And no purpose at all!

Like, when you see the other cover stories:

1- Enel: many theories about the moon
2- SH Grand Fleet: Bartolomeo starting a war with Shanks/ Others forming forces and leaving the kingdoms they serve...etc/ Bellamy making a SH flag that cannot be damaged for when he meets Luffy in future (specially after WCI arc where the flag was destroyed)
3- CP9: making moves in settling things with Spandam (resulting in them going back in power)
4- Jinbe: poneglyph was found, which was given to Big Mom as a gift and Brook stole a copy.

All fucking cover stories had something. This one with Capone is just too boring and stupid!

It's just fucking bad. And no purpose at all!

Like, when you see the other cover stories:

1- Enel: many theories about the moon
2- SH Grand Fleet: Bartolomeo starting a war with Shanks/ Others forming forces and leaving the kingdoms they serve...etc/ Bellamy making a SH flag that cannot be damaged for when he meets Luffy in future (specially after WCI arc where the flag was destroyed)
3- CP9: making moves in settling things with Spandam (resulting in them going back in power)
4- Jinbe: poneglyph was found, which was given to Big Mom as a gift and Brook stole a copy.

All fucking cover stories had something. This one with Capone is just too boring and stupid!
Capone's cover story was supposed to be about him searching for Lola and ultimately reaching Elbaf, linking it to the main story. it was going right, but now it's starting to drag on since he reached Dressrosa, and the last three covers with Gotti and Dressrosa's infection were completely unnecessary.

it's as if Dressrosa's shitty length affects even the people who visit it in the cover story.

There was chaos aftermath the attack on kaido. Plus orochi hated everyone in wano and did eliminate all yakuza as they were thought to be future threats.
Anyone willing to be loyal to orochi could have occupied a higher position. Kyoshiro anyway has shown willingness to go over the top for orochi as well as saving hyori at the last moment. He has carefully cultivated his place in orochi's inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.