Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 971: Sentenced to Boil

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can disagree with Oden's decision and call him naive if you like to.
You can also love Orochi as a villain (I do for example).

However, "respecting" someone like Orochi (toxic, cruel, arrogant, cowardish, whiny, dishonest) while disrespecting Oden (honorable, caring, good-hearted, brave, cool, relaxed) really is just bullshit.
But... you got Stannis in your Avi.. :whitepress::wellwell::smithnie:

You're making it seem like my problem with this is "Oden made a mistake". Ive tried to explain in detail that my issue isn't that simple. I even gave an example of Hiruluk where "mistakes" don't mean the characer is badly written.
Post automatically merged:

That's a "seeming" interpretation until the narrator literally says nothing changed in Wano so nothing changed. Including the factories

Don't people respect Doflamingo for his machinations and diss Rebecca for being a cry baby who tried so hard and failed to beat Doflamingo.

Im not saying I do this. I like both Rebecca and Doflamingo. But the general community does take this sort of stance.

And yes, I much more respect Orochi than Oden.
I'm not trying anything, it's ok to have different pov. You have yours, I have mine. You think oden is trash, I think he's awesome. No problem here.

I like sanji but if we could avoid comparing him to a guy who would resort to hostages to win a fight that would be better.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
This reinforces the idea that oden did indeed hit kaido off guard when he jumped him in dragon form, and kaido was clearly underestimating him. Maybe since he never got wounder in that form and the fact that they seemed pretty evenly matched when they first fought. Then when oden was going to attack him again, notice how he says: never come back to wano again. Thats not something you tell to someone youre about to kill. Kaido of course took advantage of the fact that oden got distracted by momo but i kept saying whose to say he wasnt gonna block that attack then. Altho with the fact that he got heavily wounded the fight might have been bad for him in the long run. And him choosing to end it right there is sound. It is war after all.
I have no doubt that if Oden managed to get that second hit in back then he would probably have killed Kaido but yes, hitting Kaido in dragon form is not much of an accomplishment, it is free hit for anyone capable as that form is no good for combat. The accomplishment was cutting his scales which have been hyped to break execution spears. It seems that Oden and base form Kaido were even back then.

At this point Oda shouldn't focus on not important plot points such as open the border of Wank

He should focus on more important ones:
- Kaido and Orochi's first meeting (which rest assured still a better story than Lolden and Toki first meeting)
- Kaido when he recruited King and backstory of King and his extinct race
- Kaido when he found child Jack for the first time. Hopefully little Jack was doing something bizzare like eating a dead elephant, similar to when Yotanwa found Bajio the first time (Kingdom).
- The reason the Calamities started to follow Kaido, what they saw in him

No more Lolden and his Nine Red Scrubs

At this point Oda shouldn't focus on not important plot points such as open the border of Wank

He should focus on more important ones:
- Kaido and Orochi's first meeting (which rest assured still a better story than Lolden and Toki first meeting)
- Kaido when he recruited King and backstory of King and his extinct race
- Kaido when he found child Jack for the first time. Hopefully little Jack was doing something bizzare like eating a dead elephant, similar to when Yotanwa found Bajio the first time (Kingdom).
- The reason the Calamities started to follow Kaido, what they saw in him

No more Lolden and his Nine Red Scrubs
No more flashbacks. Show us the war

I have no doubt that if Oden managed to get that second hit in back then he would probably have killed Kaido but yes, hitting Kaido in dragon form is not much of an accomplishment, it is free hit for anyone capable as that form is no good for combat. The accomplishment was cutting his scales which have been hyped to break execution spears. It seems that Oden and base form Kaido were even back then.
If they were even then that second hit wouldnt have killed kaido as he wouldve blocked it as evidenced by the fact that kaido was on his ass clubing him in a split second.

If they were even then that second hit wouldnt have killed kaido as he wouldve blocked it as evidenced by the fact that kaido was on his ass clubing him in a split second.

Last edited:
Can we please get back the suicidal unkillable maniac Kaido has been portrayed to be?
Instead of the sneaky and shallow character, who has only been relevant in the flashback, when he was abused as bodyguard for Orochi...:pepeke:
This version of Kaido
>>>
Cant he be both? He is shown in his alliance with linlin with the same attitude as this chapter. This chapter also showed that kaido clashed/fought evenly with oden back then. Kinda feels like he underestimated the guy since he was never wounded and got hit in his dragon form.

Status
Not open for further replies.