Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I will say that Carrot doesn't necessarily need a fight to have a good closing moment. She could easily have a moment where she tells the SHs that she'll get stronger to help them when her moment comes.
Yea, it is why I mentioned Vivi and Rebecca in an earlier comment. Especially Rebecca as even though a lot happened with her in Dressrosa she got a perfect ending to her character.

Some SHs can actually relate to Yamato in certain ways... What you mentioned is one, another is Sanji with his lineage, Robin with her past of having no one to lean on, Brook with being locked in for years...
Yeah, parallels to like Zoro losing his friendly rival, Sanji's father wanting him to be a soldier and threatening him with explosive cuffs, Robin being surrounded be death by anyone she comes into contact with, etc.

Yeah, parallels to like Zoro losing his friendly rival, Sanji's father wanting him to be a soldier and threatening him with explosive cuffs, Robin being surrounded be death by anyone she comes into contact with, etc.
If Kaido is to reiterate those points to Yamato as reasons as to why she won't have any friends right in front of the crew then it would be somewhat symbolic if they debunk Kaido altogether in his face...

Is anyone here still holding out for Vivi to show up in Wano?

I ask cause a good amount of people think she'll permanently join and there's an abundance of setup for the crew being done in Wano. With the delayed toast, Oda's statement of members joining in succession, and Wano being marked as the last arc before the climax of the story.

(Also personally, would feel cheap if anyone joins after missing out on the SH's biggest and most important battle.)

No. Right now, I don't see Vivi returning until the final war with the World Government/Im.

(Also personally, would feel cheap if anyone joins after missing out on the SH's biggest and most important battle.)
Meh, everyone after the East Blue 5 has missed some big moment: The barrel promise before reaching the Grand Line, saving Alabasta, saving Robin and the death of Merry, 3D2Y, etc.

I ask cause a good amount of people think she'll permanently join and there's an abundance of setup for the crew being done in Wano. With the delayed toast, Oda's statement of members joining in succession, and Wano being marked as the last arc before the climax of the story.

Probably before Laugh Tale... She's currently a political figure, her plot will definitely tie with the WG/CD... The SHs are currently dealing primarily with piracy things, setting aside their ongoing war with the WG... Vivi is likely less prepared overall than Nami and Usopp against them... At least by the time their opponents would be WG/CDs, there would be lots of people that Vivi can evenly fight especially with the CD side (let's say outside the Gorosei, the most powerful CD is just around Vivi's tier)...

Meh, everyone after the East Blue 5 has missed some big moment: The barrel promise before reaching the Grand Line, saving Alabasta, saving Robin and the death of Merry, 3D2Y, etc.
I agree... The only important thing that every SHs must not miss out, is Laugh Tale and whatever One Piece is...

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Today should be the episode where Carrot's Moon Raid moment happens. Place your bets folks, will Carrot's only big moment in the raid be overshadowed by Yamato's epic moment in episode 1006? Where said moment was adapted from a small, blink and you miss it, panel. And Carrot's moment is from a good chunk of a chapter.

Today's episode might determine whether or not I will still hold hope for Carrot joining.
:endthis:

Today should be the episode where Carrot's Moon Raid moment happens. Place your bets folks, will Carrot's only big moment in the raid be overshadowed by Yamato's epic moment in 1006? Where said moment was adapted from a small, blink and you miss it, panel. And Carrot's moment is from a good chunk of a chapter.

Today's episode might determine whether or not I will still hold hope for Carrot joining.
:endthis:
Larrot is obviously carried by merchandise, the only reason she has screentime. The anime is notorious for pushing those mercharacters into the spotlight

The Wano war is arguably the most important in their pirate career. As Zoro and Sanji said, it'll be the biggest step in making Luffy the pirate king and would overall solidify the SHs as the forerunner for the title. Missing out on Alabasta or the barrel promise isn't comparable imo.

It also feels cheap (for me atleast) since anyone joining afterwards would be essentially getting a free ride to laugh tale with the now biggest candidate for getting there. Vivi would be carried the worst since she can't contribute in a fight on top of that.

You honestly should just stick to holding out in the manga until the end of the arc like the other Carrot fans. The anime might give her good animations but that won't make up for the months of neglect afterwards.

hopefully yamato the crew needs a competent female combatant. robin fills that role pre ts but post skip powercreeps happened and she got left behind.
Powerscaling isn't the sole determinate on who joins, but it does exist. After the east blue 5, every member has been there with the powercreep and atleast comparable to the last one that joins. There's never been a huge dip in strength going into the next crewmate.

Yamato is pretty much the only candidate that can compare to Jinbe and the current scaling,

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
About One Piece episode 1008

Kinda glad Carrot's part was cut out of this episode, was kinda worried since the preview for 1008 made it seem like it was going to be pretty dense already. Not the best situation if you want a focused scene for a character.

And the preview for 1009 is giving me good vibes for the Moon Raid scene. I don't know what it is but I think I'm going to get my wish for a well-animated scene!
:steef:

Doesn't change anything about her current situation though, I just wanted to gauge the anime's attitude towards the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.