Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the reason why I personally think Carrot has the chance to do something else is due to her condition after her fight with Perospero.

Like she was definitely injured and all that but I feel like it's nothing she couldn't recover from in the time between the end of her fight and the end of Nekomamushi's. She wasn't even white-eyed knocked out like some other characters were. Especially compared to Usopp who's been running around Onigashima with a broken skull just fine. I do feel it is at least plausible that she has the opportunity to go Sulong one last time before the end of the arc.

She only turned Sulong once and was still conscious after her fight and was jumping and hugging Nekomamushi after his.
We are at the climax already, if she was gonna do something it be established by now

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
We are at the climax already, if she was gonna do something it be established by now
You forget the Wano wild cards with the Big Mom Pirates and the World Government. Not to mention there's always time to quickly set up a big moment as long as the main fight is going. It doesn't need a ton of foreshadowing to happen.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Marco knocked off the Big Mom Pirates and pretty much said they won't be back up and Zunesha got the World Government.
If they get back up at all they're going to cause trouble. Honestly, even if they don't get to mainland Wano they can easily cause an issue on the seas around it.

And you're assuming the WG is going to get taken out by Zuneshia. It's the same deal with them, either they cause trouble on the mainland or on the seas around it.

We'll need to actually see them out of commission, these wild cards have to be properly addressed at some point.

If they get back up at all they're going to cause trouble. Honestly, even if they don't get to mainland Wano they can easily cause an issue on the seas around it.

And you're assuming the WG is going to get taken out by Zuneshia. It's the same deal with them, either they cause trouble on the mainland or on the seas around it.

We'll need to actually see them out of commission, these wild cards have to be properly addressed at some point.
Its pretty clear to see they been settled.

You can go ahead and assume that but you're missing the actual confirmation of their conditions which we won't see until they're addressed again.
:hapnoel:

The wild cards are in play until we see them out of play. :catrude:
If the cards did play out just right, why would Carrot be the one to have the main focus when more than half of the alliance is stronger than her? Also what would it do for her character besides wrecking some ships like in WCI?

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
If the cards did play out just right, why would Carrot be the one to have the main focus when more than half of the alliance is stronger than her? Also what would it do for her character besides wrecking some ships like in WCI?
Connection to WCI, chance to save Robin if a bad case scenario happens and she gets caught by one or the other group and needs to be saved. Has yet to have a definitive W/moment, unlike most characters in this arc (even Hyogoro got a big W). Don't really know how strength plays into this as even if other characters are stronger she can be strong enough to complete the task.

It'll be a lot like what happened with other Straw Hats, they get a big showing in front of Luffy/other members that shows how they can be reliable to the point that they actively want said character to join. Even if it's just destroying ships again, it's an opportunity to show how her skills can be useful in a pinch.

Honestly, it doesn't even have to lead to her joining the Straw Hats (Vivi/Rebecca situation). It would just be weird to have these looming elements near Wano and not utilize or address them in any way. It'd also be weird to have Carrot just lose and do literally nothing else for the rest of the arc.

Connection to WCI, chance to save Robin if a bad case scenario happens and she gets caught by one or the other group and needs to be saved. Has yet to have a definitive W/moment, unlike most characters in this arc (even Hyogoro got a big W). Don't really know how strength plays into this as even if other characters are stronger she can be strong enough to complete the task.
I mention strength because it's not like Carrot is the only one there who could save her. There's a list of characters far stronger and faster than she is. If Robin got captured or however they pose a threat, the SHs or anyone else in the alliance would handle it.
It'll be a lot like what happened with other Straw Hats, they get a big showing in front of Luffy/other members that shows how they can be reliable to the point that they actively want said character to join. Even if it's just destroying ships again, it's an opportunity to show how her skills can be useful in a pinch.
When she was wrecking ships in WCI, the other SHs were there and in awe of sulong. I don't see why repeating the same thing against the same party would make a difference here besides ticking a box as you said.
Honestly, it doesn't even have to lead to her joining the Straw Hats (Vivi/Rebecca situation). It would just be weird to have these looming elements near Wano and not utilize or address them in any way. It'd also be weird to have Carrot just lose and do literally nothing else for the rest of the arc.
Idk what else to tell you about Carrot. The Perospero plotline was meant for her to properly move on from Pedro's death. All that's left for her now is to prepare for when her moment comes. That moment is definitely not happening this arc so anything else she does here won't mean much for her character, unlike what SH recruits get for their final big moment.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I mention strength because it's not like Carrot is the only one there who could save her. There's a list of characters far stronger and faster than she is. If Robin got captured or however they pose a threat, the SHs or anyone else in the alliance would handle it.
But which characters have the same amount of aerial control that she has?
And which amount those characters are still battle-ready?
Not many characters can fly across the sea as she can.
:goyea:

And sure her physical strength might not be much but it's her speed that puts her above a good chunk of allies.
All that matters is a situation where she's one of the right people for the job, her current/potential strength won't stop that.

When she was wrecking ships in WCI, the other SHs were there and in awe of sulong. I don't see why repeating the same thing against the same party would make a difference here besides ticking a box as you said.
Only half the Straw Hats saw her Sulong moment, Luffy didn't see it either. So it's a chance to show the Wano Straw Hats + Luffy her greater potential. All of them know about her physical abilities, but not all have seen her Sulong in action.

Not to mention, if her potential moment involves improving on Sulong in some impressive way it would also elevate the initial experience the WCI Straw Hats had seeing her Sulong for the first time. You can have a similar moment while still making it unique in an entertaining way.

Idk what else to tell you about Carrot. The Perospero plotline was meant for her to properly move on from Pedro's death. All that's left for her now is to prepare for when her moment comes. That moment is definitely not happening this arc so anything else she does here won't mean much for her character, unlike what SH recruits get for their final big moment.
We have yet to see Carrot's full thoughts on the situation as there's only been 1 panel of her after the fight with Nekomamushi. And again, we have yet to see the Wano wild cards be addressed so it's a little early to say that a moment is "definitely not happening this arc."

I would say this point is at a "wait and see" status as of right now. Because we either need a proper update on Carrot and/or a proper address of Big Mom Pirates and the World Government.

But which characters have the same amount of aerial control that she has?
And which amount those characters are still battle-ready?
Not many characters can fly across the sea as she can.
:goyea:

And sure her physical strength might not be much but it's her speed that puts her above a good chunk of allies.
All that matters is a situation where she's one of the right people for the job, her current/potential strength won't stop that.
You don't see the amount of hurdles you have to go through just for Carrot to be able to shine? You have the monster trio, Neko, Inu, Marco, Yamato (could freeze the water), and more characters that not only will leap into battle for Robin, but outclass Carrot in every area when doing so. We saw how effortless Luffy alone could handle rows of ships and now that it's even worse with all the buffs the crew got.

There's no reason to believe they'll be helpless to do anything while Carrot is the only one viable. The only scenario I could see is if the SHs need to escape and she stays behind, which defeats the purpose of your argument.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
You don't see the amount of hurdles you have to go through just for Carrot to be able to shine? You have the monster trio, Neko, Inu, Marco, Yamato (could freeze the water), and more characters that not only will leap into battle for Robin, but outclass Carrot in every area when doing so. We saw how effortless Luffy alone could handle rows of ships and now that it's even worse with all the buffs the crew got.

There's no reason to believe they'll be helpless to do anything while Carrot is the only one viable. The only scenario I could see is if the SHs need to escape and she stays behind, which defeats the purpose of your argument.
That's why I asked who would be battle-ready, Sanji is passed out right now, Zoro has the Mink Medicine Side effects looming over him, Luffy will be in a state where he can barely move like every other battle he's had. Neko has turned into Sulong 3 times now and just got done with a massive fight, same with Inu. Marco's already done a shit-ton and is in the middle of doing something else, saving Robin would be redundant. Yamato is in the same boat (she has more than earned her spot), not to mention you're underthinking the situation at sea where freezing the water would make the Sunny a sitting duck against potential enemies. You can say the same for a lot of other allies as well, either too injured or under-equipped for some potential situations.

Of course, she's not going to be literally the only viable option to do anything if the time comes. But the story can set her up and elevate her in a way that's not farfetched in the slightest.

There are only 2 hurdles that Carrot needs to jump here.

1. One of the wild cards comes into play in a dramatic way (doesn't even have to involve Robin).
2. Carrot is the one who steps up to the plate and helps in a major way.

There are plenty of situations where this could happen, it's not just one scenario where she needs to stay behind.

Keep in mind that Onigashima is still in the air right now, it's still going to be a little while before we even potentially see anything come from Carrot or the wild cards.

Forgot that Chopper used to want to be a human because he didn't want people to be afraid of him until I was looking at Pirate Warriors 2 footage. Could serve as a nice parallel to Yamato in that you don't have to be something you're not to get ahead in life, and that you should stay true to yourself.
Some SHs can actually relate to Yamato in certain ways... What you mentioned is one, another is Sanji with his lineage, Robin with her past of having no one to lean on, Brook with being locked in for years...

That's why I asked who would be battle-ready, Sanji is passed out right now, Zoro has the Mink Medicine Side effects looming over him, Luffy will be in a state where he can barely move like every other battle he's had. Neko has turned into Sulong 3 times now and just got done with a massive fight, same with Inu. Marco's already done a shit-ton and is in the middle of doing something else, saving Robin would be redundant. Yamato is in the same boat (she has more than earned her spot), not to mention you're underthinking the situation at sea where freezing the water would make the Sunny a sitting duck against potential enemies. You can say the same for a lot of other allies as well, either too injured or under-equipped for some potential situations.

Of course, she's not going to be literally the only viable option to do anything if the time comes. But the story can set her up and elevate her in a way that's not farfetched in the slightest.

There are only 2 hurdles that Carrot needs to jump here.

1. One of the wild cards comes into play in a dramatic way (doesn't even have to involve Robin).
2. Carrot is the one who steps up to the plate and helps in a major way.

There are plenty of situations where this could happen, it's not just one scenario where she needs to stay behind.

Keep in mind that Onigashima is still in the air right now, it's still going to be a little while before we even potentially see anything come from Carrot or the wild cards.
Brook is battle ready, pretty much not injured, and he hasn’t got decent spotlight Onigashima. IMHO Oda would most likely give the spotlight to Brook instead of Carrot. About aerial of across the sea thing, well Brook can run across water. May agree to disagree but Brook was with Robin for a reason, not to mention that Brook > Carrot.

Some fans have already said that Onigashima arc is too dense that even the fights get rushed, and some Straw Hats haven’t had decent spotlight. So again I don’t think Oda would give the MCs’ spotlight to Carrot especially with how Oda treats Carrot until now.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Brook is battle ready, pretty much not injured, and he hasn’t got decent spotlight Onigashima. IMHO Oda would most likely give the spotlight to Brook instead of Carrot. About aerial of across the sea thing, well Brook can run across water. May agree to disagree but Brook was with Robin for a reason, not to mention that Brook > Carrot.

Some fans have already said that Onigashima arc is too dense that even the fights get rushed, and some Straw Hats haven’t had decent spotlight. So again I don’t think Oda would give the MCs’ spotlight to Carrot especially with how Oda treats Carrot until now.
Other than his brief moment helping with Black Maria, he's about to get his spotlight with Yamato as well. Having two people with Ice powers so close to each other is a perfect set-up for a tag team moment that gives Brook a moment to shine bright and gives Yamato an interaction with a crew member which she has been lacking before.

The only Straw Hat that has not had a solid W moment yet is Usopp, and that can either come on Onigashima or after it lands which leads to a potential moment alone or a tag team with Carrot.

I'm not trying to imply that Carrot is the only possible option if the wild cards come into play. I am saying that with her being pretty much well rested and still lacking a W there's a legitimate chance for her to get a moment in the future of this arc. Preferably alone, but it can work alongside others as long as it makes sense.

I will acknowledge that it might not even help her join as even Paulie got a big moment by saving the Franky family. I at the very least want her character to leave the story with a satisfying note. Losing a big fight, then having her fight stolen by Nekomamushi and going home after does not do this.
Post automatically merged:

I'll catch up to any replies sometime tomorrow.

Other than his brief moment helping with Black Maria, he's about to get his spotlight with Yamato as well. Having two people with Ice powers so close to each other is a perfect set-up for a tag team moment that gives Brook a moment to shine bright and gives Yamato an interaction with a crew member which she has been lacking before.

The only Straw Hat that has not had a solid W moment yet is Usopp, and that can either come on Onigashima or after it lands which leads to a potential moment alone or a tag team with Carrot.

I'm not trying to imply that Carrot is the only possible option if the wild cards come into play. I am saying that with her being pretty much well rested and still lacking a W there's a legitimate chance for her to get a moment in the future of this arc. Preferably alone, but it can work alongside others as long as it makes sense.

I will acknowledge that it might not even help her join as even Paulie got a big moment by saving the Franky family. I at the very least want her character to leave the story with a satisfying note. Losing a big fight, then having her fight stolen by Nekomamushi and going home after does not do this.
Post automatically merged:

I'll catch up to any replies sometime tomorrow.
If you're not trying to argue that it's likely and moreso just making a scenario she can get a W, I have no problems. I was only arguing the slim likelihood it actually happens in a real scenario. A Robin capture moment would 100% be meant for the SHs to prove themselves in reference to Enies Lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.