• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
But being serious , I don't think Yamato/

Carrot will join the Straw Hats

Yamato has story with samurai

Carrot... just watches, completely useless and pointless existence for the whole of wano. She is a side character at this point
An important story with the samurai, which is…what, exactly?? For that matter, why would the “completely useless side character” be the one that joins over the one whose introduction included a bit about joining Luffy’s crew, something Carrot has never expressed out loud??

But being serious , I don't think Yamato/

Carrot will join the Straw Hats

Yamato has story with samurai

Carrot... just watches, completely useless and pointless existence for the whole of wano. She is a side character at this point
I mean you can be dumb and ignore that kaido talking about himself here and its already a false statement but I guess not

Why would Carrot be a completely useless and pointless existence side character if this is the arc meant for her to join the crew and we're suppose to look back at this arc as Carrot's?
I‘m surprised more people aren’t talking about Kinemon as a potential crew mate seeing as how he has gotten showcase like how Carrot has, aside from perhaps the difference in panel time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/s3o9n1

Last edited:
Luffy spent more time with Yamato than he did Robin in Alabasta, and built a better relationship. With Robin, all he knew was that she was a good person and that was enough for him. He knows Yamato is a good person as well.

It's only real foreshadowing if Yamato joins.

When did I mention color schemes? The Luffy fights is a very minor point

No I don't. I believe only 10 will join. I'm only bringing up similarities in hindsight.

11. We have no idea to think Oda will switch up the routine

Oh my bad. I meant the useless waste of space of that's better.

All in all, point is that Oda loves reusing plot points. I pointed how even the arc structure of the SH counterparts are similar in theme. Oda even reuses preskip plot points for postskip but in reverse.
Luffy's and Yamato's relationship is getting overblown. What does Luffy like about Yamato? Those who believe Yamato is going to join for whatever reason avoid answering this.

When will Luffy even say "Yamato" instead of "Yamao"? The toast? The invite? What's really amusing is all Luffy has to simply change is the last syllable and yet refuses. Luffy seems like his putting Yamato in Law territory in terms of nicknames.

Robin saved Luffy. Luffy saved Robin. Let's revisit when Yamato saves Luffy's life or at least from serious harm.

You stated Zoro's color scheme and shirt pattern resembling Jinbe.

I agree about 10 joining Luffy. It's part of the reason Yamato's setup compared to the last crewmates in Brook and Jinbe seems underwhelming. I believe the last crewmate getting significant buildup will look genius in hindsight.

So you don't like Yamato but think she will join?
except she has expressed he want to leave with the straw hats, even before she met Luffy, just hearing about him brought her to tears
Yamato crying does not mean joining the Strawhats. Knowing Luffy exists doesn't mean joining.

It all depends on Luffy's whims and peaking his interest.
Point still stands... Do note that Chopper joined when he already can transform beyond the 3-form limit of a Zoan... And it shouldn't matter on the grand scale of the story at this point, IMO, that Yamato possesses a Haki that rare... It seems cheaper to think that while Roger can have Bullet Oden, Luffy can't just because Yamato's rare skills was developed prior to joining... Again, we're nearing the end... Almost half of the crew still are Hakidiots, if someone has to join, it has to be someone that needs less development powerwise, like Jinbe, for obvious reasons...

About the foreshadowing, ICYMI:

A better question would be WHEN is that "peace time" going to happen so that we'll see Yamato's role... I'm really finding it weird for you anti-Yamato people to ask her ship role during war time (her introductory period)... Imagine if Sanji was introduced during war time, will you know that he's a cook?
Grand scale is seeing the Strawhats journey from beginning to end. You don't care if a character joins the crew with higher refined CoC than Zoro but I don't see it happening. It undermines Zoro's growth and being the literal First Mate.

Luffy wanted Chopper for his 7 transformations. Luffy's excitement is visible. Luffy has no stated reason to want Yamato on the crew.

Sanji's names for his moves are a strong hint to his ship role as a cook.

Sanji to Jabra during "wartime": "Cooking Is A Gift From The God's, Spices Are Gift From The Devil. Looks Like It Was A Little Too Spicy For You."

Yamato during "peacetime" will be interesting.
Why settle for Caribou (planned to join the SHs), Kin'emon (disguised as Momo's father), Momo (ate DF out of hunger), Monet (has DF-based snow ability), Caesar (uncuffed to help the alliance), Rebecca (locked down in Corrida Colosseum), Bartolomeo (hoping to meet Luffy and the SHs), Carrot (wanted to travel outside Zou), Pudding (a Yonko's daughter) or Tama (wanted to join Ace) as the next SH when we have Yamato (planned to join the SHs, disguised as Oden; ate DF out of hunger; has DF-based ice ability; uncuffed to help the alliance; locked down in Onigashima; hoping to meet Luffy and the SHs; wanted to travel outside Wano; a Yonko's daughter; wanted to join Ace) who is a full package?

All those people whom you thought would possibly be the next SH, are just foreshadows and red herring for the real next SH...

:pepecafe:
All these groupings are what you believe is foreshadowing. Your combining qualities from red herrings as you described to Yamato...a bigger red herring???
:king:

That Oda put hints of the next crewmate via qualities of others seems off. It isn't credible unless Luffy likes it.
:lunazing:
Did you just read the word sake and nothing else in that paragraph?? :nicagesmile:

For one, I said setup in previous arcs and that's factually what that is now. If you go back to Alabasta and read that line, that's now setup for Yamato hundreds of chapters later. My point being that it says something that Oda is using this much detail to connect Luffy to Yamato. For him to use something as minute as dialogue connection and also the chapter 999 + 1000 titles.

And guess what, I used a previous invitation example that you tried to brush away since it destroys your point. Luffy wasn't interested right away with multiple SHs and for some, it took all the way until after the arc battles for him to show explicit interest. That also doesn't change how it takes very little to be on his radar. You literally just have to be a good person and catch his eye in some way, Yamato did that numerous times like saving him from Ulti and holding back Kaido from destroying all of the alliance.

Not only does that argument fall flat in your own list, I already explained Yamato's setup. You just looked at two words and started strawmanning,

I guess Luffy isn't the next Roger since they never had conversations. :crazwhat::crazwhat:
I didn't get what your point was. I was asking to see what Yamato's connection was. Like who brewed the sake? If it isn't Yamato then how can you really say the 999 + 1000 titles connects the two? Luffy and Yamato drinking sake around each other is a possibility sure. Doesn't mean Yamato joins. It's called a party. A Brewer could at least be a viable role. Zoro, Nami, and Jinbe would approve.

The vivre card is foreshadowing I just question the setup for a crewmate. Is that it pre-Wano? Brook's and Jinbe's setups were more detailed and meticulous.

It isn't an exact analysis. The comparison of previous crewmates invitation process may show interest from Luffy, a past connection to Luffy or a crewmate, foreshadowed position, or a red herring misdirect. The next crewmate will fit a mold though what that mold is is what we are debating. From this information, only one invitation is not explained on why Luffy asked/accepted which is Old Tree Guy Zombie and Unicorn Zombie. I would guess that Luffy does have an affinity to trees as he's climbed plenty throughout the series. A unicorn is a myth making it a rare find. Luffy's shown interest in rare findings with atlas beetles. You're saying it's easy to be on Luffy's radar but there's a method to Luffy's madness. If it truly was easy there would be more crewmates and invitations. Yamato has a connection to Ace that links to Luffy but isn't distinct enough this arc because Tama also shares that connection.

Luffy is the next "Roger" because Pirate King connection and Ace is dead. Ace would have the mantle as the next "Roger" if Ace lived and wanted it. Perhaps Yamato claiming to be the second coming of Oden would make more sense if Momonosuke didn't exist or was deceased.
Okay! First things first. I didn’t say Luffy invites Yamato. I said „Yamato invites herself“. Which she already did. My question to you was: What makes you think that Luffy will refuse her?
My points being:
1) Yamata wants to set sail and travel freely together with Luffy
2) Luffy is someone who encourages people to after what they want
3) Yamato is not an evil character, she is actually good and has already fought side by side with Luffy
4) Luffy exepted Brook when he asked him if he could join. Even though brook declined Luffy’s invitation earlier
5) he alaccepted robin. Who was an enemy for a long time
6) he took Vivi with him even though he hated them earlier for attacking Laboom
So I ask again. What makes you think that Luffy is gonna refuse Yamato when she asks to join him on his travel after they have defeated the Beast pirates?
And don’t come with the argument that the makami is wanos guardian deity. That’s doesn’t mean anything. She was in wano for 20 years and couldn’t guard it from Kaido. Being there doesn’t mean shit. She can still protect wano by going back when they need her.
1) Yamato would have sailed with Ace if Ace could have got the cuffs off. Tama would have sailed with Ace if he took Tama. Both are looking to Luffy as a possible way out of Wano since Ace is gone.
2) Sure. It doesn't mean Luffy will comply with said person's dream though.
3) Lots of characters fight by Luffy's side. Not many join his crew.
4) Luffy was excited to invite Brook. Luffy has yet to show wanting Yamato as a crewmate.
5) Robin tried to help the Strawhats avoid Little Garden. Robin saved Luffy twice. Robin was shown to have a use in reading Ponegliffs. Luffy saved a suicidal Robin. This setup plus their interactions help Luffy determine Robin was not a bad person. Yamato isn't a bad person but where's setup? A quick squabble, Yamato proclaims to be "Oden" which makes no sense to Luffy, Yamato explain Oden's log book, then confuses Luffy more by revealing to be Kaido's biological daughter. Nothing there shows Luffy liking Yamato nevermind wanting Yamato as a crewmate.
6) Well Yamato wasn't strong enough to beat Kaido. That's Luffy's job. Yamato and new shogun Momo can protect Wano from future invasions as a tag team.

I've stated already I'm not a fan of Yamato's self inviting to ride with Luffy. Not as currently setup.

I didn't get what your point was. I was asking to see what Yamato's connection was.
No, you asked for what her setup was to join. I'm starting to think you don't read what question I'm answering along with what I say. I can quote my original paragraph if you don't believe me.
Like who brewed the sake? If it isn't Yamato then how can you really say the 999 + 1000 titles connects the two?
The Chapter 999 title uses the pronoun "kimi", which only Yamato uses, so yes she brewed it. When you then combine the titles, it's Yamato saying she brewed sake to drink with Luffy.
Luffy and Yamato drinking sake around each other is a possibility sure. Doesn't mean Yamato joins. It's called a party. A Brewer could at least be a viable role. Zoro, Nami, and Jinbe would approve.
The only time Luffy does a sake toast with someone is when a new crewmate joins. Even if you look at when the grand fleet was created, they were toasting to another drink. Jinbe was going to be inducted through sake before it got delayed for no real reason. As everyone agrees here, that's most likely because a new SH will be there for it as well and the one with the most setup around that is Yamato. It also properly wraps up that plot thread with Ace never getting her to join his crew after the sake toast they shared.
It isn't an exact analysis. The comparison of previous crewmates invitation process may show interest from Luffy, a past connection to Luffy or a crewmate, foreshadowed position, or a red herring misdirect. The next crewmate will fit a mold though what that mold is is what we are debating. From this information, only one invitation is not explained on why Luffy asked/accepted which is Old Tree Guy Zombie and Unicorn Zombie. I would guess that Luffy does have an affinity to trees as he's climbed plenty throughout the series. A unicorn is a myth making it a rare find. Luffy's shown interest in rare findings with atlas beetles. You're saying it's easy to be on Luffy's radar but there's a method to Luffy's madness. If it truly was easy there would be more crewmates and invitations.
I'll just leave this here again. Robin was accepted to join by Luffy simply cause she's a good person. They had a far less developed connection/relationship than he does with Yamato. Luffy never shown any starry eyes or interest the entire time before that and he still had no problem accepting her question.

When Yamato asks Luffy to join after the raid, what makes you think he'll say no?
Luffy is the next "Roger" because Pirate King connection and Ace is dead. Ace would have the mantle as the next "Roger" if Ace lived and wanted it. Perhaps Yamato claiming to be the second coming of Oden would make more sense if Momonosuke didn't exist or was deceased.
Luffy is the next Roger due to their striking similarities in their personalities, actions, and desires. This was the case when Ace was alive as well so I really don't see your point here. Ace, Momo and Yamato all dealt with being in the shadow of their blood father they had nothing in common with and their arcs revolved around coming out of it. Ace, just like Yamato, took after his father's rival and Momo is becoming his own person while resembling Kaido's image. Saying Momo is the next Oden is inherently wrong with his entire character arc.

Robin saved Luffy. Luffy saved Robin. Let's revisit when Yamato saves Luffy's life or at least from serious harm.
Luffy freed Yamato from her physical chains and Yamato protected Momo and Shinobu after Luffy asked her too. She also countered Ulti for him and held back Kaidou from hurting anyone else after he lost around 2. This is even putting aside they both did a side by side attack against Kaido at the start of Round 3, so I think there’s stuff they like about each other already.

Status
Not open for further replies.